1st Place on the Line

1. lol go Price!

2. can u say 1st placs

3. #3 habsalltheway says:
    March 1, 2008 at 10:31 pm

“WE ARE ON TOP OF THE WORLD” :) :) ( at least in the east )
    You can see by the way Carbo reacted after the win that they REALY wanted to be on top… Man it Is a great time to be a habs fan I LOVE IT :)

4. Montreal is my pick for the stanley cup now. Carey price is Patrick Roy, and did u guys see Gionta’s goal? the reffs should have blowed the whistle on that!

5. #5 habsalltheway says:
    March 1, 2008 at 10:42 pm

Can you see the way it is going? Right now the habs are on the top and the leafs are slowly making there way back in to it.. can you imagine a playoff match up of habs and leafs.

6. #6 habs4life says:
    March 1, 2008 at 10:43 pm

Carey price’s new name is:

“Carry Pressure”!

7. The leafs can beat us though, I wouldn’t really like that. I want montreal and Philly or Boston to go at it. But leafs and habs would be wild!

8. #8 habsalltheway says:
    March 1, 2008 at 10:48 pm

I am with you i think that the leafs would take it, but also after the way the habs man handled the bruins and Philly in the regular season do we really want to meet them ?

9. #9 Habman says:
    March 1, 2008 at 10:49 pm

Good call boyz..promise is a promise..i stayed put..in the last blog i called T.O to win 3 -2..i guess i get the “wizard of the night” award!..lol

Lets all give a hand to Marty…he’s a class act and its been a while since i seen a goal tending clinic like he put on tonight..
    We are Hab fans…now they gun for us..but I give credit where it is due..and if that wasn’t playoff hockey..im blind!

10. #10 Habman says:
    March 1, 2008 at 10:51 pm

Leafs cannot keep up with relentless skating we have at our disposal…no way!…Sundin against Kovalev..Tucker and Blake against the special “K” line…no way!

11. #11 habsalltheway says:
    March 1, 2008 at 10:57 pm

But it does not matter who they have in there line up ,they seem to raise there game to the point that you think that they really might have a REAL NHL TEAM (we all know they dont have the team speed and tallent but when they meet they some how do..Still would be a great match up

12. #12 groundworking says:
    March 1, 2008 at 11:03 pm

The Leafs would beat the Habs? Has anyone had the “pleasure” of watching a Leafs game this year? Absolutely Brutal. I’d give 15 to 1 odds in a Leafs-Habs series. The Leafs are one of the worst teams in the NHL, just like the Standings say. There’s no chance they’d win a playoff series against a good stack of pylons and a jagged piece of lumber.

These Habs are for real. So are those Leafs

13. #13 HabsRule says:
    March 1, 2008 at 11:04 pm

First time in 20 years the Habs are #1 in the East… and we take it from NJ no less! Tonight’s game was one for the books!

GO HABS GO!

14. #14 habs4life says:
    March 1, 2008 at 11:11 pm

Life is not so easy living in a Sens environment. On Monday, I will be asking the co-workers “how is Easten Conference Ranking”? :) Hahaha…

15. #15 habsalltheway says:
    March 1, 2008 at 11:15 pm

But like I said they raise there game against the habs . The season series is tied 3 a piece and the goals are 18 for the leafs and 19 for the habs . So really when you look at it it is pretty close…

16. #16 Habman says:
    March 1, 2008 at 11:24 pm

Correct..every team has its catalyst and motivators..and as much as i don’t like Tucker, I have to respect the decisions made about his performance and no-trade clause, they showed management they are worth every cent they are paid for, Hockey is Alive and well in Canada, you are right!

17. Last time in first place in the east was 20 years ago for us Hab fans….seems like yesterday ….Go Habs Go…

18. #18 Brock says:
    March 2, 2008 at 2:43 am

lol. thats odd.

We are in first place now in the eastern conference and all those habs haters arent whining and complaining about gainey didn’t do this or carbo should do this.

I’m a real habs fan (even when we lose).

GO HABS GO!

“I’m a real habs fan (even when we lose)”

19. I love how Montreal is winning now because It shows everyone that Bob Gainey is smart. Without Bob Gainey we wouldn’t have the future we have right now!

20. #20 Donnie says:
    March 2, 2008 at 12:07 pm

Been 20 years coming just to see a glimpse of this again…our Habs at the top of the east…unbelieveable, and gentlemen, its anybodys race in the east. I’d say for the most part we’ve shaken the Brodeur curse…..we got OTT 3 more games yet, and thats the next vital step.
    But how about dem Habs ? Fought and scratched the whole game against Jersey’s shitty trap system, and now we got a goalie to backstop us. The future could be looking bright for our boys, and everyone is doing their part.
    Gainey should be given a medal for his great hockey mind. How great would we be doing if the second unit were firing on all cylinders?
    I can remember last Sept sitting down with a guy I work with (who is a Leafs fan), and him listing out all the reasons why this year the Leafs were guaranteed a playoff spot and the Habs could hope for nothing higher than 9th or 10th, lol…..My, my how this has unfolded, and by the way, I don’t hear much bumbling from the lips of him or any Leafs fans anymore…haha, I love it.
    Keep up the great work boys, big western road swing up next, and the road warriors are ready for the challenge. They haven’t looked this confident all year….good time for the pieces to be falling together. GO HABS GO !!!
    PS….the Leafs are having a little run of good luck….every team has these…they’re still not playoff bound.

March 2, 2008 at 12:19 pm

It’ nice to be on top !!! No matter what happens this year , this team has a future that is bright …

22. Got to admit to you all ,I fell asleep 3 TIMES during the game,lol That team should change their name to the Jersey Comma’s….

23. #23 Habs4ever says:
    March 2, 2008 at 1:30 pm

I said when Gainey was made the Gm that he would lead them back, he has been a winner wherever he went, and I believe he is the guiding hand that is helping make Carbo a much better coach, although there is still work to do there.

Quit yapping at the refs all the time and get rid of that Glen Sather smirk,
    the yapping seems to have become les, but I still see that smirk.

Team is playing well, looking at the stats this morning hard to believe the offensive power for the Habs all year, but the figures don’t lie, I believe the team honestly feels they can win now, that will help even more !

24. #24 JohnS says:
    March 2, 2008 at 1:48 pm

OMG this is funny! Habs first in the conference the leafs out of the playoffs it doesnt get any better than this.

25. #25 Habman says:
    March 2, 2008 at 7:41 pm

Hi Brock..we havent met yet have we…take a look at the few blogs past and much to my”grin”..i gave everybody grief here a long time ago about whining and cutting down Gainey and Carbo, for the most part we would like to keep this site “finger pointing free” and behalf of everyone here ..don’t even think about causing a disturbance here because you WILL NOT ever know more or predict more accurately than me…and i have many new friends here that will contest to that…CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is what we would like here

Thanks and have fun bro!

PEACE!

26. #26 Habman says:
    March 2, 2008 at 7:52 pm

Just a few of my predictions ….”Giants win Super Bowl”.
    “Ryder will NOT be traded” and stay in MONT
    “Price will be back” for playoffs…
    “Kostitsyn Bros”..Special”K” line..will have tremendous impact on the team….
    “Huet” will be traded(i thought for “Tanguay”.).but never the less he’s gone
    “5-0″ come back against the Rangers..i called 4 unanswered goals…but got “5″
    Both “Victories” VS NJ
    “LaPierre” will be the next GUY LAFLUER
    “Gorges” is and will be an impact player
    “Kovalevs” resilience as a team leader and “FATHER” to the “5 Rookies”

say iam wrong eh boyz???

27. #27 Habman says:
    March 2, 2008 at 7:58 pm

oh yes …and the 3-2 victory….T.O wins 3-2 over Washington…”BUDDA BING”!!!
    that prediction… March 2,2008

28. #28 Habman says:
    March 2, 2008 at 8:06 pm

Thats a “great Look” Carbo has there…hes got playoff run look in his eyes…
    When a G.M and a coach(whom my friend..”Habsforever”)..take a chance to ruin the whole team by trading a #1 goalie away..sit down 4 veterans….go with “5″..yes folks “5″ rookies…you have the RIGHT to SMURK as much as you want…To say that about a coach with more Stanley cups than fingers on your left hand is a shot of disrespect and selfish towards the HABS organization and the fans on this blog

SHAME ON YOU!

29. #29 Habs4ever says:
    March 2, 2008 at 8:41 pm

I don’t disrespect Carbo in any, I like both him and Gainey and they have both done a great job, I just personally don’t like the little smirks,
    but hey they are winning, more power to them.

No disrespect meant in any way, hey it’s been a long time since we have seen the Habs this good–15 years as a matter of fact

30. #30 Habman says:
    March 2, 2008 at 9:53 pm

Its all good Habsforever…we are all on the same side here…Im the reformed bad-ss on this site..lol..so if anyone has a big mouth im the first to admit it…yes ..your right about the trade mongers that were out there..alot of guys wanted Higgins and Koivu gone…hes a little research ive done

Top performer awards for “HAB TEAM MEMBERS”

1> HUET—”14″
    2>”HIGGINS”—”7″
    3>”PLEKANEC”—”7″
    4>”KOIVU”—”5″
    5>”MARKOV”—”5″

So i guess we have an idea why these guyz we not traded because they had a few bad games…lol..so its all god boyz..we going to the “CONFRERNCE FINAL”!!!

31. #31 Habman says:
    March 2, 2008 at 9:56 pm

..I need some insight…anybody think KOVALEV should start playing center and put another lefty like GRABOVSKY at left wing from center???

32. #32 Habman says:
    March 2, 2008 at 9:57 pm

I meant put GRABOVSKY to “right wing” in KOVALEVS place…

33. #33 Habs4ever says:
    March 2, 2008 at 11:04 pm

I’m one of the guys who at the start of the season was saying to get rid of Kovalev, well he certainly is having a banner year and I am now turned into a Kovalev supporter. so I admit the past few years he has not shown the leadership his huge salary should commad. However this year he is a different hokcy player and I am glad he is on our team.

Now if we can get Saku going we are going to be a team to reckon with.

Habs forever !!

34. Don’t forget we got a lot of hungrey BullDogs just biting at the bit to prove themselves and make a home on THE BIG TEAM,OH YA ,GO HABS…

35. Montreal has to keep on winning. It will be hard tonight against the red Hot Sharks that have won 6 straight games! I think our guys can do it.

36. Another thing guys.- The way the playoffs are rightnow, we would be playing Philedelphia 1st round and we’ll knock them out 4-1 and Boston would kill Carolina and then we would kill the bruins 4-0 and then Penguins and habs in the conference finals.

37. The Sharks probably have the biggest team in the league so this is going to be a true discovery game..go Habs

38. Agreed, I’m highly anticipating tonight’s game…

39. #39 Donnie says:
    March 3, 2008 at 2:48 pm

4 western games ahead…..Let the mighty road warriors do their jobs. Also a little less pressure in the point category. Not so much a worry about giving up extra points to western teams, so relax, and we’re gonna see some great hockey. Lets go Habs, come back from the west as heros with a playoff spot all but wrapped up. GO HABS GO !!!

40. #40 Ice Man says:
    March 3, 2008 at 4:42 pm

I’s toast to dat der Donnie b’y.

41. This western road trip will be a big test for the Canadiens as the games against the Sharks and the Ducks next Sunday will be huge tests and see exactly where they stand among the NHL’s elite teams. I agree the teams in the west are bigger and play a more physical game so it will be a tough test, it will not be easy and the tougher teams are out west. On the bright side, Ottawa also has to face some of these teams so it will be tough for them too. Montreal has not played in San Jose since March, 2004 and I do not follow the western conference teams a lot so I do not know a lot about the Sharks but I do know that they are a good team that plays a physical brand and has the second-best penalty killing in the NHL so it will be a challenge for the Canadiens for sure. Anyways, GO HABS GO!!

Ziman

42. #42 Habman says:
    March 3, 2008 at 7:21 pm

Good job ziman…you saved alot of time for everybody by mentioning the “rough play” western teams are accustom to…i would also like to mention that there are thousands of Montreal fans in western Canada…more than meets the eye..so expect a few cheers from where iam at…REGINA

anyway..id like some predictions guyz…i want to know who im going to hand out”WIZARD OF THE NIGHT” award to

My prediction 4-3 sharks..we squeeze out a point but lose in overtime
    Any more?..c’omon its about having fun here…

43. #43 Habman says:
    March 3, 2008 at 7:28 pm

Expect Grier to start out on Komisarek, and Marlueau and Thornton to have a good game…Rivet has a personal mission here folks..it gonna be a choppy, whistle filled game…(i hope Fraser isnt the ref..please GOD say it aint so!)
    We need to stay healthy, so Begin and Boullion better take some “smelling salts”…gonna be rough like ziman said, i dont care if we lose..i only care if we stay out of the “tunnel” of no return!(injury+tunnel=dressing room+DR.=man games lost!)

44. #44 Habman says:
    March 3, 2008 at 7:34 pm

Another prediction….Koivu will be the “alternate” captain, and Kovalev will wear the “C” before playoffs….another statement Gainey is going to use to “intice ” the troops before the “new War’..which is of course..we can say it..PLAYOFFS!!!YEAHHHHH!!!!!

45. #45 Habman says:
    March 3, 2008 at 7:47 pm

Tonights consensus….SJ 53.25%
    MT 42.75%
    Ive got 20 bucks down for a tie…OT means nothing i just need a tie then OT…then i win!..if the habs win in OT great!

46. Pricefor#1job : 6-0 vs. the BRUINS!!!! oh i see ovechkin has a hat trick that makes sense, lol

47. habman no koivu is captain forever until he leaves the canadiens. anyone agree?

48. by the way habman that is HABSFREAK talking. i’m sorry but that predictation about koivu is never going to come true.