Alex Tanguay a Montreal Canadien

1. umm guys, sorry but they’re just qualifying offers. So they can still be claimed, but It makes it alot more easier.

2. #2 Dancan81 says:
    June 25, 2008 at 6:52 pm

Lats is the biggest waste of space on the Habs roster. Sure he can put the odd puck in the net, but look at his goals. His linemates do all the work and he’s fortunate enough to bury an easy one. He skates like he’s on concrete and uses his body way less than the much smaller s.kost. He’s only there because of his potential and the french media. Guimauvre Latalentless is a plug.

As for Sundin, I don’t see it happening, I wish he would be he’s gonna end up testing the market. Laracque would be a definite step towards upgrading our team for the playoffs and adding that toughness so that the opposition doesn’t always go after Komi, who we need to play healthy.

If Sundin and Hossa don’t pan out, Selanne would be a nice compliment to our team as well. Koivu, get ready to sway you buddy…

3. #3 Radical Dude says:
    June 25, 2008 at 7:24 pm

Alias, in my statement that you quoted, I was NOT saying the Habs do not need tough physical players, but was responding to Senet suggesting Sundin should be that kind of player. I was merely pointing out that using Sundin to stand in front of the net and take abuse would be doing a huge disservice to Mats and his immense talents. For that role, all you have to do is sign a policeman/fighter type of journeyman player. The “Flying Frenchmen”, or more accurately “The Flying Europeans”, got pushed around way too much last year. The Canadiens need a tough physical forward up front, even if he just sits on the bench most of the time. And as I said, Laraque is the toughest guy that is currently available. Bob Gainey, are you listening????

4. guys we’ll work it out. gainey definetly has something up his sleeve :)

5. #5 Radical Dude says:
    June 25, 2008 at 7:39 pm

And while I am on a roll with the GMs, let me say this: Thanks a lot, Serge Savard, for decimating our beloved Habs, a year after they won the Cup. You traded away Momesso, LeClair, Chelios, Claude Lemieux, and on and on and on. Savard was THE WORST General Manager in the storied history of the Montreal Canadiens. We made a step in the right direction by bringing back Bob Gainey, but another of my pet peeves is how we never retained the great Larry Robinson, in my mind the best defenceman to ever suit up for the Habs, and in his prime one of the top 5 to ever play the game. He was the heart and the backbone of those 4 Stanley Cup winning teams in Montreal. It took us 20 years to even retire his jersey — what a sham!

6. hey, by the way, anyone seen HB lately?

7. no gainey fits more then robinson for sure

8. you still on RD?

9. #9 Senet 1 says:
    June 25, 2008 at 10:00 pm

Lets make one thing perfectly clear, I never said Sundin should stand in front of the net, I never said he was not tough. I said he is best suited as a perimeter player which is what he is and has always been. Yes he will go to the net for a rebound and that is where is toughness come in but he does address one thing a need for a front line centreman who has size. He does not address the short comings of our offense nor does he change the deminsion of our offense that we already have, he just makes it better because of his talent. However, if we are going to win he have to have a power forward who will address that other deminsion of offense that we did not have this year in the playoffs. I do not know how I can make my point any clearer.

10. #10 Senet 1 says:
    June 25, 2008 at 10:08 pm

Well I for one would not sign Laracque, I do not see him providing that much help for us. Who is he going to replace on the top three lines? Therefore, he is on the fourth line getting maybe 10 minutes a game. What we need is someone who can fit into our powerplay, has enough skill to put the puck in the net and crash the net when needed. Some who has the skill to play the powerplay on the first or second line. In otherword a someone that you do not mind paying $3M+. Laracque provides muscle but also will hurt us by taking undisciplined penalties. Something we do not need and can ill afford in the new NHL.

11. #11 Senet 1 says:
    June 25, 2008 at 10:37 pm

Here is some interesting new Streit was our third leading point getting for the season. Now that tells me that he was hurting in the playoffs. As I said earlier, same injury as Komy yet he only sat out one week. Komy on month and still was not right when he returned? Think about it?

12. #12 Senet 1 says:
    June 25, 2008 at 10:46 pm

Worst GM? MY idea of the worst GM goes back to the 80′s when we still had a great team just not quite good enough to win the cup. Grundman 1978 to 1983 traded away Langway and a host of other good players and our draft picks were the worst at a time when we should have been drafting very well. Serge did make some bad moves later in his GM days but he did build the team back up from disaster between 1983 to 1993 with some good draft picks and we did win a cup under his leadership. Unfortunately the pressure got to him the following year when we missed the playoffs and he paniced and made some bad trades in an attempt to improve us but none of the trades really worked all that well.

My vote goes to Grundman.

13. #13 Radical Dude says:
    June 25, 2008 at 11:43 pm

Senet, how do you know Streit had exactly the same injury as Komasarev, are you the trainer for the team? Even if the injury was similar, how do you know the extent of the injury in either case? Different players react differently to injury, including many factors such as body type, family history, pain tolerance, precise location of injury, its acutenss, whether it happened before, etc. If you like Streit, just leave it at that, don’t try to rationalize his poor play in the playoffs by pretending to be a medical doctor.

Secondly, in my post I was answering Alias, not you. I have already told you I am not interested in discussing the point with you any further, so why do you persist? If anyone had the slightest interest in what either one of us thinks about Sundin’s game, they can go back for themselves and read what we wrote. So let it go, you sound like a broken record.

14. guys Streit did suck in the playoffs,, but are u saying trade Markov also? Sreit might not be that fancy but he is an awesome hockey player. I doubt he was that injured, but I don’t think he needs an excuse. All habs except for Brisbebois and KOivu didn’t play as well as planned. If we traded away all of our player that sucked in the playoffs, the team would be one. It was pretty much Streit’s 1st playoffs because he didn’t make the playoff roster in 06. If Streit re-Signs we’ll be great. I mean this guy had like 62 pts or something as a 4th liner or a 6th defencemen. imagine if he played with Kovalev all season 90 pts?

15. NHL TEAM PREDICTIONS lol
    10.Boston 10.Colorado
    11.New York I 11.Columbus
    12.Tampa Bay 12.Chicago
    13.Florida 13.Vancouver
    14.Toronto 14.Los Angelas
    15.Atlanta 15.St.Louis

16. Montreal has 15 Mill to spend now because of the cap limit gonig up. spend 7 Mill on re signing the young guns and then fo after a 3rd Centremen!

17. #17 DieHard Habs Fan says:
    June 27, 2008 at 9:33 am

STUO 11:

“Our guys didn’t get in front of the net because they were too young to know what it was all about”.

I do not agree with this.

It is the Coaches job to tell these Guys to go to the net and park there Asses there!

18. lol yeah, but those players went in front of the net in the season without the coach telling them. It was the coaches problem also though but come on, this year every one will be ready! u might think I’m stupid for saying this but I would offer Ryder 1 Mill to come back for 1 more season, just to see how he does, but he wouldn’t accept.

19. #19 DieHard Habs Fan says:
    June 27, 2008 at 2:10 pm

I don’t think Ryder would come back for 5 mil a year. Ryder has a sour taste in his mouth now. He would take a lot less money to sign else where.

The way that The Habs handled Ryder was terrible.

20. #20 hab faithful says:
    June 27, 2008 at 2:34 pm

actually, it’s Ryder’s attitude that was terrible! Imagine making paper airplanes and goofing around during a habs playoff game. shameful!

21. guys too harsh on ryder

22. he is the reason we beat the rangers in that 5-0 game u know.(3 goals! or 2 goals and 1 assist)

23. #23 DieHard Habs Fan says:
    June 27, 2008 at 3:52 pm

Who’s harsh on Ryder?

Not I.

Carbonneau sat Ryder out. Was he supposed to sit there, cry & whimper. NO !!

Ryder showed alot of class through it all.

Not one complaint Buddy. Not One…….

24. #24 Radical Dude says:
    June 27, 2008 at 4:22 pm

I see the Ducks placed Todd Bertuzzi on waivers. I think we should go after him, he would do very well in Montreal playing with all our skill guys. A few years ago he was the best power forward in the game, and he’s still only 33. He would be a step up from Laraque — almost as tough, and a much better hockey player.

25. San Jose wants to clean their room out. Maybe we should get Craig Rivet back? he’s 3.5 Mill and San Jose wants to free up some cap space.

26. #27 Dancan81 says:
    June 27, 2008 at 10:24 pm

I’d give Ryan Malone, 4-5 mill to play here. He’d be a great addition to our team and it looks as though he may not be back in Pitts. His points weren;t that great but he notched more goals than Ryder and he’s physical. Basically a Tom Kost with more skill. What do ya think?

27. #28 BUM 2.0 says:
    June 28, 2008 at 6:27 am

I think Malone would suck ass because I haven’t seen anything from him. He basically gets the points from malkin. The guy is good at shoveling garbage in front of the net though. But he won’t do too good here I’m expecting 30-40 pts. so 5 Mill(more than Kovalev) for the 30 pts like player Malone. If u think he’s better than Kovalev go ahead, but I rather pay 6 Mill for Rolston.

28. #29 Senet 1 says:
    June 28, 2008 at 8:52 pm

Radical Dude: You are right, I do not know how serious Striet’s injury was, all we know is what we were told and that is it was the same as Komy’s. I just would not give up on him so quickly, he was our third leading point getting. Anyway, it seems you and I don’t agree on much, I respect your opinion I just wish you would respect mine as well as other without making personal comments.

Here’s something I do agree with you about and that would be that Bertuzzi would be an improvement of Laracque. However, I am not so sure we need his legal problems.

29. #30 Senet 1 says:
    June 28, 2008 at 8:53 pm

Malone is trade to Tampa according to the new tonight?

30. #31 Senet 1 says:
    June 28, 2008 at 9:09 pm

Sorry Malone and Roberts not traded just yet it was their rights to sign to Tampa

31. #32 Senet 1 says:
    June 28, 2008 at 9:26 pm

Meanwhile, RDS also reports defenseman Mark Streit hasn’t received an offer yet from the Canadiens.

It’s believed the Habs are waiting until the Sundin situation resolves itself, one way or another, before making an offer to Streit.

32. Marc Denis said that he would love to sign with his home club(mtl). lol but he sucks. Maybe he would be better with the habs, but I would only sign him for 0.900 Mill max! Instead of getting Sundin I say we go after Rolston. Sundin will be probably 7 Mill and Rolston, because of his bad season last year he will only be about 5 to 6 Mill

33. How bout if all fails with Sundin we reunite the line of Naslund and Bertuzzi with one of our yongins like Stewart or minikosti or Lapierre? Or a Vet like Saku…?

34. lol Tampa Bay is signing Malone for a 7 year deadl worth 8 Mill the first 2 seasons and 4.5 Mill the other two seasons lol I would pay this guy more than 3 Mill!!!!

35. (wouldn’t) lol

36. #37 habby says:
    June 29, 2008 at 10:07 pm

I can’t wait to see his (Malone’s) numbers next year. 7 mill!!! He better score 90+ pts for that kind of money.

37. #38 Jesus Price Superstar says:
    June 29, 2008 at 11:07 pm

LOL Bolts completely overpaid for Malone, he’s worth 2.5/3 mill MAX. I’m not sure
    how much money the habs have to spend but i’d rather sign Kostistyn for 3-4 million for 3 years or something than pay 7 mill fo Sundin for one year and lose Kostitsyn. Also i think its smarter to sign Rolston to a multiyear contract then have Sundin for 1 year.

38. yeah but guys, now they have Rolston!He could sign some where else, but knowing Tampa they’ll sign him for about 9 Mill lol. and Now Roberts. I think Tampa Bay is going 1st in the southeast 3rd in the conference, but don’t worry, the bolts are no threat to the habs.

39. oh yeah and my new video MONTREAL CANADIENS 2008-2009 SEASON PREVIEW is already out on youtube.(STUO11)

40. #41 habby says:
    June 30, 2008 at 8:59 am

Well I think Gainey should start looking at other ufa’s because it’s not looking to good for Sundin coming. He was supposed to make up his mind yesterday and didn’t. Now Rolston is pretty much a goner. All the better players are being snatched up while we wait on Sundin. But I’m sure Gainey has a plan. Well I hope so anyways.

41. #42 DieHard Habs Fan says:
    June 30, 2008 at 10:16 am

Rolston, Sundin or Hossa, NOT comming to Montreal. NOT going to happen!

Bertuzzi! That piece of Crap should never be playing in the NHL after what he done. Yet alone, to play for Montreal.

Montreal got Tanguay. They are lucky to get him.

No top Player will come to Montreal this year.

You Guys can What If, hope and pray all you want………… NOT GOING TO HAPPEN !!!!!!!!!!!!1

42. I disagree. I think that Sundin is going to retire or play for Montreal. Sundin told Fletcher it’s the only team he pcture himself with either than the leafs. Since Sundin was a hab fan growing up as a kid.

43. #44 hab faithful says:
    June 30, 2008 at 11:55 am

Don’t believe everything you read. If he really wanted to play here, he would already be signed.

44. He probably hates Montreal. But It’s taking him a while because he knows It’s his best chance to win the cup. Detroit is great but they just won it last year and they won’t have the passion the habs will this year. Carey Price 4 VEZINA!!!!

45. #46 hab faithful says:
    June 30, 2008 at 5:13 pm

considering the fact that this is THE HABS YEAR(centennial), Gainey has done little to emphasize that point. Gainey should take a lesson, from TB, on how to be aggressive. Imagine if Gainey could show that same pursuit for players? we would actually have a stanley cup contender! KUDOS TO TB! I wish the habs were more like them! I’m frustrated on how little effort Gainey made.Why didn’t he secure signing right to a FEW players like TB did? Forget Sundin, lost cause. We weren’t able to sign him. I bet TB will sign him!

46. i agree with post #143

47. #49 patrick says:
    June 30, 2008 at 8:09 pm

So you wish Montreal was more like Tampa? Hmm, well they did get the #1 pick this year because thye sucked ass, they over spent on Malone (7 million, r u kidding?), they signed Gary Roberts who is 43 frickin’ years old, and they have no goaltending. Okay they’ve been aggressive so far this off season, but don’t slam Gainey for not acting like them, no one is acting as desperate as they are, jumping on anything that skates. Bob has built this team from the ground up, we are contenders not pretenders!

48. #50 habby says:
    June 30, 2008 at 9:18 pm

Well we’re on the eve of free agency, it will be interesting to see what happens. Hopefully BG has something big up his sleeve.