Alexander Perezhogin signs in Russia

• Alex Perezhogin is no longer a Montreal Canadien.

Perezhogin has signed a two year deal in Russia.

Perezhogin was part of the succesful “PBJ Line” with Radek Bonk and Mike Johnson. The only line that seemed to continually maintain a positive +/- record. However, Perezhogin never developed into the scoring threat the Habs were looking for and was also in the running for the “King of Bad Penalties” title especially late in the year.

Another roster spot voided and ready to fill.

1. #1 alestar says:
    May 8, 2007 at 3:06 pm

Does he need a couple of line-mates? Kovalev and Samsonov would be a nice fit…

2. #2 HabsFan says:
    May 8, 2007 at 4:00 pm

Habs were expecting more from him this year…
    Habs should’ve traded him and got something for him.

1 more spot in the line-up, 600,000 less salary.

3. #3 HabsFan says:
    May 8, 2007 at 4:02 pm

Habs were expecting more from him this year…
    Habs should’ve traded him and got something for him.

1 more spot in the line-up, 600,000 less salary.

Leads me to think that there is a management problem with Russians, Kovalev, Samsonov, Perezhogin, etc…

4. #4 Avatar37 says:
    May 8, 2007 at 5:06 pm

lol @ habs should have traded him and got something for him… a) he was a developing prospect b) his value in a trade would have been what, maybe a 5th round draft pick c) how was Gainey supposed to know that he’d leave and go back to Russia… I mean, if you have a crystal ball that warned you… maybe you could have sent an e-mail to Gainey…? Either he wants to play in Russia for personal reasons (or maybe they just offered him a higher salary!) or he wants out of Montreal and is using this as a way of becoming a free agent in the NHL? I’m not sure how the rules work on him if he decides to come back after 2 years in russia… Frankly, the Habs have too many European players. Yes, there are some great ones that don’t fit the stereotype, like Koivu.. but come on. Most of them are soft, and there are none worse than russian players. Prima donas for the most part. Ottawa learned it’s lesson and dumped it’s european content in favour of a Canadian one.. and look how well they are doing now. Meanwhile.. atlanta kovalchuk-hossa… where are they now? Yashin? In fact, are there any high paid russian “superstars” who are still left in the playoffs? maybe montreal has finally figured out that we need more canadian/american players… Ryan Smyth… Scott Gomez.. now there’d be 2 great FA signings.

5. #5 habs#1fan says:
    May 8, 2007 at 5:51 pm

I kinda got to agree with you Avatar37. The Habs have lost Perezhogin and soon will have to rid themselves of Samsonov and potentially Kovalev as well. Smyth and Gomez would be nice signings, but if not I would like to see what some other Habs prospects can do. Guys like Milroy, Ferland and D’Agostini who are ummmmm oh yeah all Canadian born and bred. All 3 of these guys scored 20+ goals for the Bulldogs this past year. Maybe D’Agostini is a bit too young yet but give Ferland and Milroy a try. Samsonov and Perezhogin 15 goals between them in 124 games. I would also like to see the Canadiens go a bit more North American.

6. #6 Joshtm says:
    May 8, 2007 at 6:32 pm

Well if you are looking for a king of the bad penalty in the entire NHL it would have to be Sakku Koivu. We could have enjoyed watching the habs beat the devils and maybe not survive the second round but thanks to Sakku’s penalties after christmas and in a need to win game, the habs are locked out of the cups yet again. Smyth and Carle would be a good combination in a line with D’Agostini. Of course the so called classy Gainey shows no class in keeping Dandenault and Bouillon, the killer line, we could get the world’s best young goalie, oh wait we are, and maybe some great forwards (rookies) only to have the habs offense and defense destroyed by Dandenault and Bouillon. Just what does Dandenault and Bouillon have against the habs?

7. #7 Higgy21 says:
    May 8, 2007 at 6:58 pm

Hey JOshtm;

There is clearly no spot available for Dandy this year. I could see him returning to Detroit and stepping up however. Frankie will have a better year and will be our 5th d man. ALso Georges will get a better chance and will improve.

Question Joshtm. IF Dandy and Boullion are dealt then will we have to hear about Saku’s hooking penalty every waking moment?

8. #8 Joshtm says:
    May 8, 2007 at 7:30 pm

Hey, if the shoe fits, kick him in the butt like he deserves!

The way Carbo was talking about Dandy and Bouilly at the end of the year, and the excuses Gainey made for them and Sakku, kinda tells me Gorges is on his way to the dogs to make sure Dandy and Bouilly and Saku give us another roller coaster year.

So another year where we basically destroy good goalies cause hey there is no defense and the offense is little Sakku geting knocked down and getting stupid hooking retaliatory penalties!

9. #9 Habs#1 says:
    May 8, 2007 at 7:45 pm

Perezhogin was a major disapointment last year for me. I really thought he’d break out. Instead he took hooking penalties once every two shifts and shot the puck over the net 75% of the time.

But this was all about money, don’t kid yourselves. This had nothing to do with the so called ‘Russian Problem’ in Montreal. Did you see the money he’s getting for a guy that scored 6 goals? He’s making 1.7 million TAX FREE. That’s the equivalent to making 3.4 million with the Habs. There’s no way in hell the Habs would give him that kind of dough, and Perezhogin would have been crazy to turn down the money he was given, and he lost his spot to Kostitsyn at the end of the year.

But the good news is the Habs have one of their top defensive prospects under wraps with a contract. Mathieu Carle has been signed to a three year deal. Niw they have to get Valentenko and Emelin over to Hamilton. The Habs have the makings of one of the best, if not the best, defence in the NHL in 4-5 years.

10. Lets see,hum…,ok got it ,last years disaster of a season ,and the disemboweling of the Habs is an embarrassment to the fans and the organisation ,clean house dam it !!! Losing a playoff spot to Taranna in the last game,what a bad joke period !!!!JOKE ,JOKE,JOKE,JOKE,JOKE,JOKE,JOKE,JOKE!!! Change the team Bob or step down man !!!

11. #11 nigelski says:
    May 9, 2007 at 6:22 am

I always had a soft spot for the AHL slasher, and now he’s gone. I suppose we still hold his rights, for whatever good that does us. Perhaps he makes getting our other Russians over a bit more difficult(as in Emelin and Valentenko). They had a tease promo on TSN about it last night–”Which russian bolts for russia?” and showed pics of him, Kovalev and Samsonov. Too bad all three aren’t gone…

This only hurts the habs, long term, as fewer and fewer foreign born players will want to play here. Not that this is a completely bad thing, IMO, as all too many russians seem to only go where the cash is, and couldn’t care less about the Cup. If the Russian teams start throwing more of the same kind of coin around, I have a feeling there could be an exodus(if not a MASS exodus) of fringe to mid level players going over there to earn a fortune.

Face it, no NHL team would’ve given Perezhogin that kind of money. He’s proven nothing. Looks like they’ll be targetting disgruntled Russians in off contract years, and I think many of them will go home. Might see some Canadians and other Europeans head there too, if it is that lucrative. I can’t fault a guy leaving one job to go work at the same trade for three times the money.

If I was working overseas, and got offered 3 x the money I was making to come home to Canada and work, I’d jump at it too. Especially if I felt any racism (real or imagined) were in play. So have fun, Slasher. You might never have won a cup in Montreal, but you sure won’t win one in Russia.

12. #12 smiler2729 says:
    May 9, 2007 at 11:06 am

Hey Alexander Perezhogin, SEE YA! This moron should have been banned from playing in any North American pro hockey league after his “my-stick-is-an-axe-and-your-head-is-wood” incident in the AHL a couple of years ago. Good riddance and hey, thanks for all the great goals you scored, floater… Okay next! Sergei? Alexei?

13. #13 Joshtm says:
    May 10, 2007 at 11:27 am

Hey wouldn’t Bob and Carbo look good managing these losers over there?

14. #14 Playoffs says:
    May 10, 2007 at 11:51 am

Id fire Carbo as head coach. He was good as an assistant coach working with the penalty killing and giving random advise to players, but as a head coach he is not that good. His style of play is too defensive for this team. Either make him assistant coach again, or, if after the experience as head coach and his new relations with the players it would be better not to have him behind the bench at all, then just give him another, office type job.

15. I was just singing that old Randy Newman song ‘SHORT PEOPLE” LOL, missed the game yesterday between the BIG TALENTED SENS ,”Who I’LL pick to be in the finals with the BIG DUCKS TEAM”AND THE SMALLER intimidated SABERS CLUB,but I pretty well new what the results would and will be !!!I’TS NOT A MATTER OF IF YOU LIKE THE SENS, FOR ME,IT A STUDY OF WHAT MY TEAM “THE HABS “HAVE TOO DO TO BE A WINNER !!!! IT’S A LOT BETTER TO STUDY AND UNDERSTAND THE GAME as a fan,than to just talk out of your A S S !!!!!!!!

16. #16 Joshtm says:
    May 11, 2007 at 11:14 am

I think Carbo would look great in a Youppi costume, don’t you. And maybe have Bob selling beer in the stands, anything to get a good trade over the summer.

17. #17 Kerry says:
    May 11, 2007 at 1:48 pm

Actually I am very excited about both Gainey and Carbonneau. How could you not be. This team has great talent…yeah ok they did not make the playoffs, because they really need to sort our their issues (Russian). A team needs leadership…Sakku…Great job, Kovalev and Samsonov…Russian. Anyone know the history of these countries? Not Good! Get rid of the Russians because they have been absolutely brutal. Now that there will be salary available, pick up a few big tickets and watch. Lappierre, Latendresse, Higgins…keep it up guys…you will be the future of this team. Huet and Halak for the next couple of years, then bring in Price. Huet will burn out then and have the two kids battle it out. Hab Fan Forever.

18. #18 Playoffs says:
    May 11, 2007 at 2:16 pm

Yeeess.. (Mr.Burns voice)

Carbo in a youppi costume.

19. #19 Joshtm says:
    May 13, 2007 at 3:50 pm

I still say, as I had said earlier in the year, we can probably help little Sakku if we bring someone like Mikko Koivu over, heck they finished second and gave Canada a run for the gold at the worlds. That would probably calm Sakku and his hooking habit. A steady team mate who can work well with Sakku would bring him back to his old glory of a few years ago when Sakku and a better combination could have brought us into the playoffs, in fact he did, at least we got our foot in the door.

The past few years have shown that Sakku has no one on the team who can play up to his calibre, so in a way he ends up playing as an individual as opposed to being a team player. In a way you could almost say Sakku is wasted as a player in Montreal, he could probably do well in any other NHL team, say with a cup contender, like the wings or maybe even the ducks.

Otherwise we all end up in a up down thing with Sakku, we love him when he scores, we hate him when he gets those stupid hooking penalties that cost a lead and lead into a slump.

I am not saying Sakku is individually responsible, well a little bit, he is a bit responsible for our slide after X-mas that cost us a sure spot in the first round of the playoffs, along with the horrible duo of dandenault and bouillon!

20. #20 habsfan_4_life1212 says:
    May 13, 2007 at 4:55 pm

i agree with joshtim 100% if Saku can get 75 points in montreal, imagine what he can do on a competitive team

May 13, 2007 at 5:16 pm

Agreed

22. I don’t understand why when the Canadiens had Andy Murray in the organasitation why he and not Carbo was made Head Coach ??? I feel that has been Bob Gainey’s biggest mastake !,”HUGE!”

23. #23 Joshtm says:
    May 13, 2007 at 7:11 pm

First off I would like to talk about Koivu’s hooking penalties. HE takes stupid hooking penalties. He takes alot of hooking penalties. There are many times he takes hooking penalties. He takes too many hooking penalties. ALso I have observes Koivu taking hooking penalities. SOmetimes he takes hooking penalties that are because of laziness. Hooking penalties are common for Koivu. SOmetimes he scores then takes a hooking penalty. Hooking peanlties for Koivu are common. Koivu takes too many hooking penalties. Sometimes Koivu takes a hookin penalty when he plays. Koivu had two hooking penalites in one game once. Once Koivu killed off a PP with a hooking penalty. Have I mentioned Koivu takes hooking penalties.

24. #24 Joshtm says:
    May 13, 2007 at 8:53 pm

Arsehole! You are so immature you prick! Come one at least use your own friggen handle you Phoque! Shame on you imbecile! Grow up already infantile idiot!

25. Don’t worry joshtm,we know who he is and not only was he completely wrong in his predictions last season ,but like a lot of fans on this Blog site ,his heart his in the right place but his brains are in his A S S !!!! I find it sooo funny that the same people who pick on you or me or whomever, are the same people “FANS ?”,WHO ARE COMPLETLY WRONG ALLMOST EVERY TIME when ever they make a prediction ! lol.It so make my day !lol . I think if they would put the Xbox down for a bit,they mite get better but then again if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle !!!lol. Again ,I will point out last years Habs and to be a fan of them was humiliatingly embarrassing.And if any fan of the canadiens don’t remember the last game of the year,then they are transvestite taranna maple queer in the closet fans ,lol.

26. #26 Xhabfan says:
    May 14, 2007 at 6:53 am

Enough said, I must now go to the hairdresser to brighten a shade of pink in my hair.

27. #27 Habs#1 says:
    May 14, 2007 at 8:28 pm

Well, at least Markov is on his way back from Russia now that the WHC is over to get his deal finalized and get back with the Habs.

This will be the linchpin of Gainey’s moves. Once he does this he will start up serious negociations with Shelly, start to see if anyone out there will be dumb enough to take Samsonov, and apparently Eklund is reporting that he’s working on a deal to send Kovy to Washington, probably for a mid-level draft pick. And he’s still trying to get Emelin(did anyone else see his sweet goal in the bronze medal game in the WHC?) and Valentenko over here to Hamilton.

And then the draft. I can finally see Gainey pulling off a major deal at the draft for once here. And if he re-signs shelly, that leaves a surplus of NHL defenceman: Markov, Souray, Dandenault, Boullion, Georges, Streit, Komisarek. One of these guys, maybe even two, would be added to a package trade. Most likely Dandenault.

Habs talk is starting up again, and I couldn’t be happier!

28. #28 habs#1fan says:
    May 15, 2007 at 12:29 pm

Hey Joshtm, Saku Koivu had sucessful surgery to remove that cataract on his eye. I heard the surgery went well, afterwards when Saku woke up he got up of the stretcher and hooked down the surgeon. This is unconfirmed now this is just what I have heard. :)

29. #29 nigelski says:
    May 15, 2007 at 2:19 pm

While I agree with the sentiments, Habs#1, it could be wishful thinking for us to think any team might take our garbage. Though the Caps are one of a handful of teams with lots of cap space and a dire need to improve, their most pressing need is at center. Sure Backstrum might come over this season, but they’re pretty thin there, and we’re moe like to see them go after a centerman via trade or a UFA. Still, I’m right there with you in the hope department.

I also agree that Gainey will at least try to swing a deal at the draft. Whether we see a bit of tinkering or something huge remains to be seen. Personally, I think he’ll try to move up in the draft via the 2 1st rounders to try for a Gagner or an Esposito for one. While he no doubt would like to move our cancers, and will try hard to do so, we’re like to get one back. We might see the much rumored Aucoin swap happen then…which would mean either Markov or Souray won’t be back–though both have said they want to stay. It’s the salary cap world we deal in.

I would like to see a major deal also, but I have a feeling any such trade would take a player(s) off our roster that the vast majority of us fans want to keep(i.e. Pleks, Higgy). Dandenault would be welcomed back in Detroit, and Boullion might fetch slightly more than a bag of pucks. I just hope Komisarek and/or Streit aren’t the ones to go.

I’m sure we won’t hear any more platitudes from Gainey extolling the great team chemistry the habs have, so it can be hoped that he’ll do more than mere tinkering. I, too, look forward to see what he is going to do. I just hope it doesn’t involve adding more heartless Euros, or contract extensions for the unworthy(we know who they are…).

30. #31 Joshtm says:
    May 17, 2007 at 6:02 pm

It is a shame when Gainey wastes money on Johnson, Dandenault and Bouillon, that he has very little breathing room left and is instead forced to blow smoke up everyones butt saying Its great chemistry…more like, Oh Gee i wasted big money on crap and I have to take chemical drugs to compensate for my big mistakes!

31. #32 Habs#1 says:
    May 17, 2007 at 8:04 pm

Dandy and Boullion make under 1.5 mil a season. And Johson’s a UFA so his salary isn’t on the books right now.

Now if you said Kovalev and Samsonov that would make sense, but the names you threw out there either don’t make that much or are UFA so they aren’t under contract. Do some research before spouting off.

32. Regardless of how much Dandy and Bullion are being paid ,they are not afit for the Habs defensively; they lack the defencive control and size needed to control big power forwards and neither have any form of ashot from the blue line, so I wish them well but ,salute.

33. #34 Joshtm says:
    May 19, 2007 at 12:58 am

Oh Geeze Habs#1 I guess Dandy and Bouilly and Johnson are Volunteers…..Add up the dollar figures, like 1.9 mil for Johnson, 1.875 mil for Bouillon and 1.7 million for Dandenault, that is not exactly peanuts, that is just over 5.25 odd million dollars of wasted salary regardless of whether they are on contract, UFA or any other nice term or excuse you wanna make, its money that could go towards getting a decent player or two, instead of two defensemen who could not stop a peewee hockey player, and who practically help the other team, they are the worst liability for the habs. And Johnson…well, for someone who only played well what three games outta some fifty or so, that is a real waste of money. So Habs#1 before you complain about not having stats, hey buddy, like a combined 15 goals for the three of them…that just sucks big time. Where is the great chemistry in a forward (Johnson) who spends most of his time flat on his back, and two defensemen who help the other team to score on the habs. I still say Dandy and Bouilly are Anti-Habs. They are Contrarion habs, instead of being defensemen, they are mercernary defense out to ensure the habs lose. Gainey doesn*t want the habs to win, his great chemistry is losers, if he wanted the habs to win, he would not have Dandy and Bouilly or overpay Johnson…or his last great move two years ago…Downey, that was his answer to the trade deadline, his last great move, not that Gorges is anything but Gorges did not exactly show great promise either.

34. #35 Joshtm says:
    May 19, 2007 at 1:21 am

For those of you who think the Habs have a chance of signing big names, it ain’t gonna happen. As long as you have Gainey in charge and he wastes money on the likes of Dandenault, Johnson and Bouillon who combined have 16 goals, or 53 points, for 5.3 million, oh gee that works out to almost an outrageous paycheque for getting one point, or for Johson 80 games for 11 goals, I don’t know, when you are paid to score goals and paid almost two million dollars, scoring hardly a dozen goals in 80 games, that just sucks big time. Most good NHL teams also rely on a scoring defense, and Souray and Komisarek at least rank high amongst the defense rankings and in goals. But Dandy and Bouilly? They rank worst than even rookies who have not even played ten games in the NHL, with both playing almost 60 or 70 games apiece. We know they were there, cause hey almost every goal that was scored that was a game winning goal, they had something to do with the giveaways, or screening their own goalie, or worse knocking over their own goalie….man that just sucks big time.

And Koivu at least ranked high in the end overall, but hey at great expense, scoring and assisting in quite a few games, is good, but hey when you spend half the season in the penalty box with wimpy penalties like Hooks that cost your team the lead and end in a loss, hey Sakku, don’t score, don’t get big headed, if you have to don’t even score, so you don’t get pissed off when you get knocked over by some big goon of a defenseman, Sakku, retire early, do Montreal a favour, we like to hear Shanana Hey Hey Good bye, but thanks to you Sakku, very few habs games had those great songs and instead we had a season of faggots singing Oh Ey Oh Ey…thanks Sakku…

35. Good-bye ity bity small Sabers team, not even close of a series against the Big Mighty Sens,SO ONCE AGAIN SIZE WINS IN PLAY-OFF N.H.L. HOCKEY!!! DO YOU GET IT NOW FANS???? This is the direction we must take !!!! Pink slip time FOR ALL THE LITTLE GUYS ON THE HABS Bob !!!!

36. #38 habsfan_4_life1212 says:
    May 21, 2007 at 4:31 pm

the habs are officially ranked 2nd out of 30 teams in prospect quality and quantity in hokceys future magazine, future looks brihgt boys

37. #39 Habs#1 says:
    May 21, 2007 at 7:15 pm

Ya, it is pretty sweet to see Gainey get the credit he deserves for the drafting he’s done, even though he’s getting it from hockey’s future and not from the jackal fans who jump on the guy when he’s down just because the Habs don’t win the cup every year, even though that’s impossible.

In other news, Eklund is reporting that the LA Kings are the favorites to land Souray. While Markov is still favoured to go back to MTL.

And he has the Habs as favorites to land both Dany Briere and Dainus Zubrus. Also apparently Mathieu Schneider wants to come back to Montreal. That would be a great signing by the Habs cause he’s come cheaper then Souray and would replace his PP shot.

38. #40 Joshtm says:
    May 21, 2007 at 10:38 pm

Yes, let us give Gainey credit for bringing deadwood and broken down veterans to Montreal, and keeping crap, and calling the whole combination “great chemistry” like hey, Bob Gainey, this is not a mushroom farm, its a hockey team….feces regardless of whether you call it great chemistry is still feces…

Like as if Briere and Zubrus would want to come to Montreal, that is not Gainey’s style. Nope, he’s got his surgeon scouting the worst broken down European hockey players….like as if he cares about the Habs organization.

Gainey seems to put more emphasis on having a farm team than he does using it to win in the real NHL team, somewhere along the line he got the whole affair mixed up, hey Bob Gainey, the farm team exists so you can use it to improve your NHL team…not the other way around.

Mathieu Biron will be skating with a walker before he joins the habs, Biron will be the oldest rookie, isn’t that embarrasing? All your great hockey players are stuck on the farm team, while Gainey calls his losing Habs team “great chemistry”.

You can bring the mushroom farmer to the city, but you can never take the feces outta the mushroom farmer, and that is what Gainey is, king of Mould!

39. Dear Habs #1,I think it’s been 14 years since our beloved Habs have won a cup plus Houle and Savard did a lot of the work with prospects as Gainey has stated and as far as Eklund goes ,ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ! Do yourself a favor Habs # 1 demand more for our team,that’s the job of the fans !It’s great news about the prospects ,but they havn’t done gipe yet!

40. As a Habs fan, I am happy that the Ottawa Senators are doing well in the playoffs this season. I want them to win the cup and bring it back to Canada, something no Canadian team has been able to do since our beloved Habs did it in 1993. I know some of you people on this site don’t want a Canadian team to win it before the Canadiens do again, but I am tired of waiting for a Canadian team to win it. Montreal is still a year or two away from being an elite team and a legitimate cup contender so we should go with the team that has the best chance to bring the cup home, and that is the Sens. Montreal does have a rivalry with Ottawa but it isn’t that big of a rivalry yet so I still like the Sens and want them to stick it to those pathetic Laffs!! At least Ottawa can make it to the Finals, you stupid, moronic Leaf fans!! Your team hasn’t even made it to the finals in 40 years, let alone win the cup!!! That must tell you how much your team sucks and always will!! The Laffs got lucky winning that last game against the Habs. Stupid penalties cost us. We will get our revenge next year, though, mark my words!! In the meantime, Go Sens Go, this from a lifelong Habs fan!!

Ziman