The Habs quickly put a stop to their only losing streak this season with a 4-2 win in Long Island.
- 3/4 points in the New York area is a good if not great result.
- Saku Koivu is heating up.
- Michael Ryder was flying and had at least 10 chances to score. This is good news, getting Ryder back on track is essential for the Habs offense.
- Sergei Samsonov actually did something. Although not credited with an assist he was instrumental in setting up the Habs 2nd goal.
- Cristobal Huet was hardly tested but made the stops when he needed to. A quick win after his only poor start against Boston should have him ready to go for the Sabres.
- Late in the game we saw some possible new line combinations. Kovalev skated with Koivu and Ryder. Carbonneau is still trying to get more from Kovalev and Samsonov and Chris Higgins should be back before January. They all have to fit somewhere.
The Sabres lost another game, to the lowly Florida Panthers. Is there a chink in the Sabres armor or will this be a dangerous setup for a dynamite effort from them on Saturday?