Big Test

• The Canadiens boast the NHL’s 3rd best record behind only Detroit and Northeast Division leading Ottawa, whom they’ll face today on the road.

The Senators are on record pace and suffered only their 2nd loss of the year in their last game Vs the Capitals.

The Sens may be a little tentative after their loss, but more likely will be highly motivated to keep the Canadiens 2 more points below them.

The Habs will have a real test against arguably the best team in the League and will have no room for error if they hope to steal another two points on the road.

1. If Ryder dosn’t get it together then replace him with anyone else,we need all 3 fowards on no:1 line against the Sens to get the win.

2. If Ryder can’t get it together we’ll have to trade this guy. Jaroslav Halak and Michael Ryder for Alex Tanguay!

3. why isn’t Kovalev on the first line? I know carbo wants to have spread out lines but look at the top teams lke Ottawa and stuff,they stack up their first line!

4. #4 Dancan81 says:
    November 10, 2007 at 3:16 pm

Ryder thinks he’s better than he actually is, so does most fans. He goes to arbitration every year demanding more money and in return we get the play of an echl player. He’s holding back the first line. His +/- of recent years has been brutal and all his goals come on the pp. Now that he;s not on the pp he has no productivity. Get rid of him! The sooner the better or else his tradeability will continue to plummet and we’ll have another Samonov on our hands. Good ridance RYder. You’re garbage.

5. #5 habs fanatic says:
    November 10, 2007 at 4:48 pm

Ryder is killing this team! Look what he did on that 2 on 1. N O T H I N G!
    He didn’t even get a shot on goal! how pathetic!

6. #6 habs fanatic says:
    November 10, 2007 at 6:35 pm

Here’s why we lost: You can’t protect a lead for 50 minutes and expect to win!
    The whole game was played in our zone! We can’r score 5 on 5! We have no offence! We’ve seen this same Sh*&t over and over and over again!!!!!!!!!!!!
    When is Carbo going to realize, that unless you attack , you’re not going to win!!!!!!!!!!!! And I guarantee we will LOSE EVERY GAME WE PLAY AGAINST THE SENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We are NOT in the same class as Ottawa! I knew that sooner or later Ottawa would score, because all we were doing, is dumping the puck out of our zone to center ice. We never attempted to score. Ottawa’s offence is like the ocean. They come in waves, one after another continuosly, over and over! And until we get an offence, and some talent, it’s NO CONTEST! You just can’t play this defensive style and expect to win! GET A F#$%^&KEN offence! I’m geting tired of scoring only 1 or 2 goals /game! Get rid of the deadwood-LATENDRESSE, RYDER, and GRABOVSKI ARE SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Nice loss guys! THE MONTREAL CANADIENS SUCK ASS! I love the team but I think they’re going down hill now. they’ll lose against the maple craps and the win to buffalo then lose to Boston then lose to the sens again and then lose to the Islanders I see habs 13th still. U can’t win too many games with one goal!!! carbo says:”k guys we scored in the 1st period,now lets sit back for the rest of the game and test the BEST FUCKING HOCKEY TEAM IN THE WORLD!!!” The habs better fuckin beat the leafs or they are gone!

8. #8 habs fanatic says:
    November 10, 2007 at 6:40 pm

As long as Ottawa is in the same division as us, we’ll never finish in 1st place!!

9. Habsfanatic/Chevy you perpetual whiner, can you ever see the positive? What makes you a fanatic? Your ability to whine loudest?
    Time to move to Kanata….

10. #10 CanadaAce says:
    November 10, 2007 at 6:58 pm

SUBJECT: RIDICULOUS SOCCER CHEER
    I just watched the Habs lose to the Senators 3-1 when we had the lead late in the third. Is it just me or does anyone find that idiotic French soccer chant to be a bloody jinx?!! Whenever I hear it, the opposing team seems to score! Today, the fools were still chanting it when the Sens tied the game!! Don’t get me wrong, I’m as big a Habs fan there is – I just don’t think there’s a place for jinxed cheers!!

11. #11 Dancan81 says:
    November 10, 2007 at 7:15 pm

We gotta score 5v5. it’s as simple as that. Need to shake up the first line. Ryder out, put in Chips or Lats. Lets hope we play the full 60mins next game vs the Laffs. BTW Huet was awesome.

12. #12 habs fanatic says:
    November 10, 2007 at 7:59 pm

hey Habs Blog: WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ROSES! stop bitching at someone who sees the obvious! Maybe I should cheer for the SENS! At least they know how to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They don’t have a crappy team like us, who folds areound this time every fucken year! And who the hell is Chevy? isn’t that a car? Get your facts straight before you chastize bloogers!

November 10, 2007 at 8:54 pm

I could think of a hundred other options than to put lattendresse on the first line.How about lattendresse to hamilton where he belongs?We showed that we can run with the best team in the league but a couple of bad minutes lead to a loss.We learn from this one and move forward

14. Duncan81, allmost totaly agree with you except for near the very end when Huet let two goals,yes he played good and then it was for nothing. WE need to put PRICE IN AT THE END OF THE GAME AS A RELIFE GOALIE AND FOR SHOOTOUTS.yOU CAN DO IT IN bASEBALL WHY NOT hOCKEY?Huet allways gets tired and then looses it,its just the way it is ,so………..

15. #15 habs fanatic says:
    November 10, 2007 at 9:16 pm

the truth is, once we get a lead in a game, we stop playing. Protecting a lead , never works. Allowing a team to play in your end of the ice, for an entire period, can only lead to bad things, and the oppoaition scoring. It’s as if this team plays not lose, instead of playing to win. tentative, and passive in 3rd periods thruout this season. That’s the truth,even tho HABS BLOG refuses to ackowledge it. And I’m right, even tho HABS BLOG refuses to allow me to voice my opinion! Unless I say nice things about the habs, he gets in a tizzy. Maybe he’s gay, or just very prissy.

16. #16 groundworking says:
    November 11, 2007 at 3:19 am

I don’t like the soccer chant either. I have no idea where that came from: perhaps a substitute for the “hey hey goodbye song” that we haven’t been able to sing that often for a long time. I also think the hockey gods are still at the old forum, eating at that greasy spoon that I love so much right beside the place on De Maisoneuve. Is that still there?

It was a good game tonight. The Habs played very well and that game clearly could have gone either way. We don’t have enough depth to compete with Ottawa for three periods, but we outplayed them for two.

I agree, in the long term, about both Ryder and Latendresse. I think a stint in the minors would give them both some of the confidence that they need to get their game back–but this isn’t about “punishment”, it’s about giving them a chance to rediscover their game in a context where the pace is a bit slower. But if a trade for a Tanguay came up, or someone else who could play with Kovalev, then I’d jump on it. I’d trade Ryder for Tanguay any day, but the Flames wouldn’t.

I smell a Stanley Cup in the next five years though, and I haven’t felt that way since, well, 1986 (1993 was a complete bonus).

Huet is brilliant. I really can’t believe that there are people on here who think otherwise. I’m convinced that they don’t watch anything other than Habs games, because they’d know that Huet’s goaltending and his numbers are better than not only just about every other goalie in the NHL, but also just about any goalie in history. .900 or higher for a save percentage in every single NHL season isn’t something to scoff at.

17. #17 Habs4ever says:
    November 11, 2007 at 2:43 pm

Groundworking
    good comment on Huet, he deserves the support
    notice no posts by the Huet haters out there, He has more than proved himself.

18. They have to beat Toronto tomorrow! If they don’t. They lost my trust,even if they win 5 straight after that.

19. Who’s in net vs the laff’s? At this point I feel sorry for Huet,if hes in goal for another loose to tarannna there’s going t be alot of pissed fans!

November 12, 2007 at 9:34 pm

Price in goal tomorrow.

21. Thanks pactum, smart move Carbo…………

November 12, 2007 at 9:58 pm

Yeah huet has not had any luck against the laffs time for some new blood.

23. mtl should beat Raycroft. Toronto sucks when he’s in the line up.

24. #24 CanadaAce says:
    November 18, 2007 at 2:06 am

Nice win against Boston! Chara’s an asshole!

25. #25 CanadaAce says:
    December 1, 2007 at 10:57 pm

Nice going once again with the f*!#ing moronic French soccer cheer! 4-1 against Nashville and then the singing starts…4-2, 4-3, 4-4…shootout loss. The soccer chant is a f*!#ing jinx arsewipes. You like Europe? Move there, buy season tickets to Marseilles and chant your dumb asses off!

26. #26 Habby says:
    March 1, 2008 at 11:25 am

LIKE US FANS GIVE A FLYING CRAP WHAT OTHERS THINK OF OUR TEAM!
    Legendary team (despite the fact that we havent won a cup since 93) Best team ever and the best fans ever. We show our support for our team, something that many fans dont do to their teams. They are 2nd right now, how are they bad? Some people are just cynical!
    You annoyed with our chant TOO BAD! Its not a soccer chant its an encouraging chant, do some research!
    OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE!