Canadiens 07/08

1. I wouldn’t trade Koivu, But I would trade Markov,Plekanec,Chipchura, Halak and a 1st rounder.

2. Grabovski instead of Chipchura.

3. #3 Joseph says:
    May 18, 2008 at 5:22 pm

Vincent Lecavalier in Montreal = pipe dreams

How about focussing on what Gainey can actually accomplish in the off-season? For instance, Malone, Langkow, Laraque, Barnes (not big, but a real sparkplug), Ward, etc.

4. I made a video for some of the possible players that could come to montreal. just go to STUO11 if u would like to see it. and they’re talking about Lecavelier for next years trade deadline. If Tampa is 14th or something, they’ll be looking for prospects and the habs have too many good ones!

5. #5 Joseph says:
    May 19, 2008 at 11:43 am

Stoll.

Hossa will likely remain in Pittsburgh after this season. And even if he was entertaining his options at the end of the season, I’m not so sure that he’s what the Habs need. Unless of course Gainey is willing to move some of his existing ‘skill’ in exchange for someone like Stoll or Malone (although I think that Malone will also remain in Pittsburgh – his home town).

6. #6 Joseph says:
    May 19, 2008 at 11:51 am

As to Lecavalier, it’s being suggested that he might ask to be traded this summer… which is pure speculation of course. However, if he did ask, and his wish was granted, Montreal would have to compete with markets like New York and Detroit, which almost always seem to get what they’re after.

The way I see it: Lecavalier would have to want to be traded to Montreal and nowhere else, which he may.

7. Does vinny have a no trade clause?

8. #8 habs4me says:
    May 20, 2008 at 12:16 pm

Need to concentrate on players with grit, power, and scoring prowess.
    Rolston, Gratton, and maybe an offer to an RFA.

9. My prediction is chris gratton. But if it was me I would love to have Rolston!

10. I hope the Red Wings kick Pittsburgh’s asses in the finals. As much as I would want a young, talented team like the Penguins to win the cup, I like the Original SIx teams and would love to see the Red Wings win their 4th Stanley Cup in 11 seasons. My prediction: Red Wings in 7!!

Ziman

11. #11 Joseph says:
    May 21, 2008 at 10:50 am

Lecavalier does not have a no-trade clause in his contract.

The Penguins will be in tough against the Red Wings, their biggest challenge by far in these playoffs. But then, this is sports, so who knows.

12. Detroit in 5.

13. pitts in 6

14. #14 Joseph says:
    May 22, 2008 at 9:39 pm

Wings in 6.

15. #15 Jack says:
    May 23, 2008 at 1:35 pm

96 Joseph
    Posted on May 13th, 2008 at 10:23 pm. About ‘Canadiens 07/08′.

The Silence of the Lambs

Hannibal Lecter: First principles, Troll. Simplicity. Read your NHL history. Of each particular thing ask: what is it in itself? What is its nature? What do they do, the Habs you worship?
    Typical Flyer Troll: They get eliminated…
    Hannibal Lecter: No. That is incidental. What is the first and principal thing they do? What needs do they serve by being eliminated?
    Typical Flyer Troll: Anger, um, social rejection, and, huh, frustrations, sir…
    Hannibal Lecter: No! They learn. That is their nature. And how do we begin to learn, Troll? Do we seek out things to improve upon? Make an effort to answer now.
    Typical Flyer Troll: No. We just…
    Hannibal Lecter: No. We begin by learning what we’re lacking. We begin by learning our weaknesses. And the Habs have learned which pieces are missing from their puzzle. They will acquire those pieces and win their 25th Stanley Cup in the next season. Their 100th season, Troll. Meanwhile, your Flyers are merely lambs sent to slaughter, year after year. Lambs being silenced. Much like you.

And… the big mouths of the Flyers have collectively shut. Resigned to silence for the remainder of the season.

My goodness! Am I ever relieved that Daniel Briere signed with Philadlphia and not Montreal. One less mistake to worry about.

Joseph,
    your thread is the sounds of a frustrated Habs fan who’s team was beat(badly) and could not compete with a better skilled team(Flyers) and could not come to grips with that fact…call it luck if you may, maybe one game or two games…but four games in a row?…any excuse to pasify yourself. However I do admit that the Penguins are a better team and took the series in 5 games without luck as did the Flyers with Montreal…and I still bleed Orange and Black with pride…and grin at the fact the Habs were slaughtered by mere lambs!

16. Malone would be awesome!

17. #17 Joseph says:
    May 23, 2008 at 7:20 pm

Jack, grow a brain.

I’d love to see Malone in Montreal, but I’m not sure of how realistic it would be.

18. #18 hab faithful says:
    May 24, 2008 at 1:26 pm

Habs all the way!!

Next year!!

19. #19 hab faithful says:
    May 24, 2008 at 5:50 pm

but I really think Gainey should go after Rolston.

20. Hab Faithful, I agree because Rolston is a big forward with grit and he can also put up good stats. And to the guy that said Malone would be nice, there is no way in hell he’s going anywhere but pittsburgh!

21. #21 hab faithful says:
    May 25, 2008 at 6:10 pm

Does anyone honestly believe that Malone, with his great stats, will be let go by the Pens? c’mon, there’s no way he’s leaving Pitt, and I think there will be more trades by the habs, as that seems the only way this team will improve. I understand it’s not a deep UFA year, so Gainey better get on his horse, and not fall asleep at the wheel again.

May 25, 2008 at 6:37 pm

The Pens have a huge bunch to worry about as far as signings go , plus M-AF and EM in 2 years ….

23. Montreal will do fine if they just got Rolston.

24. #24 Senet 1 says:
    June 1, 2008 at 9:22 pm

Well I expect most of you watched the Detroit / Pittsburgh games to date. Personally, I have never been a Detroit fan in hockey so I wanted Pitt. to win but without Malkin performing this team is going out in five. Back in the Winter there was a big discussion about who was the best player him or Crosby, well I guess we know now. Crobsby is only 20 and Malkin 22 yet Crosby has shown up every game to date Malkin is a great player but that is just it he has to learn how to win when the pressure is on and the checking gets tougher. Crosby might complain but in most cases he gets hooked more, grabbed more and checked more than any other player yet he still manages to produce goals. Malkin has not learned how to use his teammates yet and that is the difference between the two players.

June 2, 2008 at 8:35 pm

Its not Malkin’s fault that they are getting beat, give some credit to a a very good Wings team, Malkin is not there I aggree, but he is a very important piece in their puzzle, not sure we need to try and say who is the better player, Malkin is a goal scorer Crosby is a playmaker …

26. #26 Joseph says:
    June 3, 2008 at 11:07 am

The Penguins pulled a miracle out of their arses last night.

Regardless of which player is better–Crosby or Malkin–watching them battle the Red Wings is like watching David battle Goliath. They seem ‘tiny’ in comparison.

I sometimes think the NHL ridiculous. Officials end up deciding the outcome of a Stanley Cup Final game? In overtime no less? Whatever happened to sport, to the players deciding the outcomes of games? Whatever happened to allowing the players to be physical in a physical sport?

My suggestion for a new name: The MHL (Metrosexual Hockey League)

27. #27 hab faithful says:
    June 4, 2008 at 12:21 pm

Is this blog ever going to update? I’m tired of seeing 2007-8. It’s getting closer to draft time. Couldn’t we please concentrate on that?

28. I agree Hab faithful lol. This has been here for a month!

June 4, 2008 at 3:29 pm

Im sure HB will update the site soon but give the guy a break, he puts alot of hard work into the site during the season i think he deserves a bit of a break. Its always slower here in the offseason anyays. Well since you did bring the draft up what would you like to see happen of draft day? Keep our pick? Trade up for a better pick? Trade it away for a player(s) Deep draft this year could make things interesting.

30. #30 hab faithful says:
    June 4, 2008 at 6:04 pm

I think it will be a weak UFA season as not alot of quality UFA’s will be available. I would prefer Gainey to make a blockbuster trade, and also give some offer sheets to RFA’a. Gainey must stop his conservative mode, because this is a make it or break it year, with our centennial celebration and all.

31. #31 Jack Tornton says:
    June 5, 2008 at 12:36 am

I wonder if Montreal can be compared to Pittsburgh after watching their unbelievable performance, great leadership, and never-give-up attitude. We are a great team, but Pittsburgh to my opinion is a force to reckon with. I believe we really need an impact player. I’m thinking of somebody like Rick Nash. I’m just wonderign how much it would cost us to land such a player…

June 5, 2008 at 1:06 pm

The Swedish national team just won the cup !! The true force to reckon with is the Wings , they dominated the Pens all over the ice. We will see what players are left in Pittsburgh when the season starts ….

33. I don’t know if getting a eally big player would help because it could ruin chemistry. But getting a player like rolston could help.

34. #34 Joseph says:
    June 5, 2008 at 10:33 pm

Habs need grinders and leaders, not superstars.

June 9, 2008 at 12:29 pm

Everyteam needs one bonified superstar , we might all ready have that in Price in the near enough future, but someone like Rolston can not hurt at all, I would not be upset to see #13 MS show up for 2 years or so.. Lets see what Bob has in mind ..

June 9, 2008 at 12:36 pm

Yep to land a guy like MS for two years would be pretty sweet but not sure he would want tp play here. Who knows?????

37. Well everyone says the runner ups for ms is montreal, detroit and I think Calgary.
    I don’t know about the flames though I forget.

38. #38 hab faithful says:
    June 9, 2008 at 4:52 pm

Habs are always the bridesmaids. When other teams are also in the picture, we always lose out. ie, Briere, Hossa, etc.

June 9, 2008 at 7:00 pm

Well Matts has played in Quebec before and he has invested loads in REER’s if he goes south he has to sell them and he stands to loose tons,the Wings don’t have the room under the cap for him ,We do.

We did not lose on Hossa,Bob did the right thing he did not trade the farm for a rental,Briere wanted to be with his bum buddy Biron …

June 10, 2008 at 7:16 am

Mad Max Lapierre just inked a 2 year deal with The Habs good to see they are working on keeping the young core intact.

41. #41 Joseph says:
    June 10, 2008 at 5:34 pm

I said that the Habs don’t need a superstar because I believe that they already have a couple in the making. The only thing that those talents require is to be lead by heart and learn how to win when it counts.

June 10, 2008 at 5:51 pm

Leafs might buy out tucker. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i would’nt mind seeing him on our third line. Ony for cheap though. A little grit maybe????????

June 10, 2008 at 7:54 pm

We have some good young players but next year is the 100th, we need a bonified superstar to help make a serious run at the cup.

44. #44 patrick says:
    June 10, 2008 at 11:47 pm

Sundin?! Tucker?! What the hell! Why don’t we go get McCabe too! I don’t want those guys on the team!

45. #45 Joseph says:
    June 11, 2008 at 12:39 am

Perhaps Bettman has it all arranged.

Patrick, I concur. Why would we want older Leafs that have never won anything? Maybe they can bring the Ballard curse with them too?

46. #46 hab faithful says:
    June 12, 2008 at 9:09 pm

Boudreau got the Jack Adams trophy for coach of the year. what a crock of sh***t. Habs finish 1st in the conference, Caps DIDN’T, yet Carbo is snubbed. Typical of the anti-habs NHL.

47. I agree the only reason why the capitals made it anyways was because their division sucked ass! and the reason why they played better after the deadline was because with Huet they were 9-1-0!!! It wasn’t Boudreau!!! The caps got enough awards with OVE. The NHL just doesn’t like the habs. Most of the NHLPA guys are from Toronto, so that could explain it. If Kovalev had 65 goals and Ovechkin had 40, to Hart would go to Ovechkin. Thats how fucked up the NHL is right now. Who ever is more exciting and better should be recongnized. If no one agrees, Why was Kovalev not in the line up for the All-Stas?!?! And Price should have won Calder and he wasn’t even nominated. It’s just sad. Don Cherry even agrees that Carey is the Calder of the year.

June 13, 2008 at 12:32 pm

LOL Don Cherry please I dont want to have to ever say he is right !

The Jack Adams should have gone to Carbo without a doubt,and for those comments about Matts Sundin please tell me who else there is on the market to fill the void we have in that postion?

49. If Mats Sundin came here I would just forget about all the leaf moments he had. Just like how we got Doug Gilmour! But I do not want Hossa on my team!!!(Trade Dandenault and bouillion to move up in the draft. We have to many young defencemen coming up that should get an opputunity to play. Francis Boullion is great but we don’t need him anymore. Or Trade Markov and get Brad Stuart because Markov was horrible in the playoffs.

50. #50 Jaker1 says:
    June 14, 2008 at 8:00 am

I am a Habs fan but realistically I think Mike Babcock desearved the Adams. Not only winning the Presidents Trophy but the Stanley Cup as well. Start to finish it had to be Babcock. Carboneau a close second. I think Boudreau won it on his personality not his track record.