Division on the Line

• The Canadiens are injured and depleted. The Senators, in the midst of a serious breakdown at the worst possible time.

Who will come out on top?

The Canadiens aren’t healthy, but do they have enough to walk into Ottawa and win the Northeast Division in front of the once mighty Senators?

In their own building, in front of the panicking SENS ARMY.

Senators Suck

Nothing would be sweeter.

The Canadiens don’t play well in Ottawa, haven’t in a long time. The Senators aren’t the same team however.

A win tonight will not only clinch the Division, but send a big message and put Ottawa in a very dangerous spot, teetering on the edge of even reaching the post season.

A no show by the Habs, and it’s very far from over.

1. Go Habs Go !

2. YO,this would be a good time to win one!

3. #3 hablifer says:
    April 1, 2008 at 6:21 pm

Has anyone heard about the romour that KIRK MULLER is apparently coming out of retirement to play, due to Koivu’s injury?
    It’s supposed to be true. team 990 says Kirk is in excellent shape, and is going to play!

4. #4 Joseph says:
    April 1, 2008 at 7:05 pm

Um… has he been practicing? It’s the bloody NHL, Kirk, not a father-son game!

Love the new Sens logo. Is it official? :-)

5. #5 Joseph says:
    April 1, 2008 at 7:08 pm

Oh, and Go Habs Go!

6. #6 hablifer says:
    April 1, 2008 at 7:17 pm

gotcha ya! April fools day!

7. So I JUST NOW TURNED THE GAME ON “rds” and Cris F Neil is allready trying to bully,I hope he gets his!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 1, 2008 at 7:57 pm

GOALLLLL!!!!!!! GOAL !!!!!!!

9. #9 Joseph says:
    April 1, 2008 at 8:21 pm

You didn’t get me. No, you didn’t. Nope. Never got me. Uh-uh.

OK, you kind of did.

10. #10 habs4life says:
    April 1, 2008 at 8:30 pm

If we see players like Jason Spazzer fighting, the only implication is the team in “frustration”.
    He fought with Markov, but failed to bring any motivation to his team.
    That’s it, Ottawa, this season.

11. A nerf fight lol….

12. #12 habs4life says:
    April 1, 2008 at 8:37 pm

Handsome AK27 Capitain!!!

13. #13 habs4life says:
    April 1, 2008 at 8:49 pm

Goal: MTL DANDENAULT,M.; LATENDRESSE,G.; LAPIERRE,M. 23′ Wrist (5:28 2nd)
    2:0 Habs!!

Another productive line. :)

14. #14 rgillis says:
    April 1, 2008 at 9:23 pm

Liking the game so far, we are looking good, not great, but getting the job done which the most important thing. Price also improving which is a great thing coming into the playoffs.

As for the Sens, that logo fits perfect, i am just going to say what i feel about the Sens, i hardly ever blog so please don’t rip into me, lol.

They are a bunch of f’ing babies, Chris Neal is a f’ing bum, not worth the
    sh!t that comes out of my little babies a$$, he could fall off the earth right now and noone would even know he was gone, f’ing bum, bum, bum. As for the rest of the team, babies, again, babies.

That is that, lol, sorry, i am watching the game on rogers sportsnet and the guys on there whether i am watching a Habs vs. Sens game or Sens vs. whom ever, they piss me off just terrible, just horrible calling of the game, so that is why i came here to blog about it.

Sorry for the long blog, go habs, one more period to put the 2 legged, 1 eyed, deaf, broken tailed, stupid, worthless DOG down. So lets go.

Peace

15. You forgot to say Neil is a F@cking bum,bum,bum,bum……

16. 1st place….oh yeah!!!!!!!!

17. #17 Joseph says:
    April 1, 2008 at 10:13 pm

Division win and secodn place overall. Nice.

Now all they have to do is get healthy for the playoffs.

18. #18 Senet 1 says:
    April 1, 2008 at 10:13 pm

Price shut out. Dividion title and that boys played well. Sergie looked good at centre, streit made the difference on defence and the PW. Even Brisecrap didn’t make too many mistakes tonight. Bottom line now Hapman we can rest all those guys and get healty. Now bringup baron the beef. he can play the last two games.

19. #19 Rubberman says:
    April 1, 2008 at 10:13 pm

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Congrats boys, go Habs go!

20. #20 rgillis says:
    April 1, 2008 at 10:16 pm

Sorry, thought that i included that one in there, you get the drift. The best thing about tonight i personally think, besides of course the clinch, is that Washington won. That puts them in a tie with Carolina for 1rst in their division. with 90 and 2 games to play. Ottawa has 92 with 2 games to play. The way that Ottawa is playing right now, if they loose the last 2 games, there is a really go chance they don’t make the playoffs. Has alot of factors of course, but hey, it can happen. Boston, Philly, Washington, and Carolina would only have to win 1 more game this season and Ottawa lose both. LOL, a man can dream.

21. #21 Senet 1 says:
    April 1, 2008 at 10:20 pm

Well I for one would rather see Ottawa in than out. We know hoe to beat them and adding another team to the playoffs that we have trouble beating is not my idea of a smart thing to have happen.

22. #22 rgillis says:
    April 1, 2008 at 10:21 pm

That is true, my judgement is clouded because of my absolute hate for Ottawa i guess.

23. #23 Senet 1 says:
    April 1, 2008 at 10:23 pm

Your forgiven, we all have weak moments

24. #24 Senet 1 says:
    April 1, 2008 at 10:27 pm

Hey which out of you guys wanted to trade Streit back in February, since KOMy got injured he has been our best defenceman including the powerplay quarterback. He sure was a sight for sore eyes tonight and it was obvious how important he is to our team.

25. #25 Ice Man says:
    April 1, 2008 at 10:33 pm

Carey “The Ice” Price is a Monster.

The best game by far I’ve ever seen him play. Both in the NHL & the AHL.

Way to go Kid.

Way to guy to all of the Habs tonight.

We got the Jersey monkey off our back. Now the Ottawa monkey is off our back.

Anymore monkies to get rid of?

I’m so proud of our team tonight.

26. #26 Senet 1 says:
    April 1, 2008 at 10:43 pm

Hey Iceman, couldn’t agree more, they played better defensively tonight than they have in a long time.

27. #27 Senet 1 says:
    April 1, 2008 at 10:45 pm

Hey Iceman, were is out good buddy Habman tonight. Maybe he is talking to carbo about resting all our starts for the next two games. We should bring up Hamilton to play the last two games.

28. #28 Ice Man says:
    April 1, 2008 at 10:48 pm

LOL Senet1……….

29. #29 Senet 1 says:
    April 1, 2008 at 11:10 pm

Next game Brisebois can play 30 minutes and Baron the beef can be his partner. Bring up five or six and give Kovy a rest as well as Markov and Hamerlik and give Streit another day off and then we play TO on Saturday night. Don’t need the win but I m sure the guys would like revenge. Or we could consider winning the division all the revenge we need. Habman does have a point about the health issue. so now is the time not last week.

30. #30 groundworking says:
    April 2, 2008 at 10:46 am

What has happened to this guy over the past 10 or so months? I mean, he’s an incredible leader, we have Russians basically working harder than anyone else, game in and game out, and not only did he look good wearing the C, but he clearly deserves it as well.

I don’t know how Gaigney and his group managed to change the culture of the dressing room, but you can just see in their faces that this team really like each other. What an incredibly display this year has been for many players, not least of which Kovalev.

No Ray Emery’s or Andrew Raycrofts on this team. What a team!

Go Habs!

31. #31 Donnie says:
    April 2, 2008 at 11:16 am

After all these years, we finally got a goalie guys….and he’s as cool as a drool on a polar bears tool. Great win guys…..you looked like champs…everyone played well, did their jobs…..we played tuff with no tuff guys……fantastic effort…proud to be a Habs fan…..anyone else get the taste of playoff hockey last night? Keep Dandy in….congrats on the banner.
    Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo GO HABS GO !!!

32. #32 habs4life says:
    April 2, 2008 at 11:40 am

I gave hihger marks to

Mark Streit: He made blueline working again!
    Josh Gorges: Functioing KOMI!
    Sergei Kostitsyn: Young SAKU!

Josh Gorges + Markov’s fight = Komi

33. #33 Ice Man says:
    April 2, 2008 at 11:42 am

I like to cool drool on the tool Don..LMAO.

34. re: groundworking

“Can somebody please explain to me how Alex Kovalev goes from being one of the most talented and least motivated players in the NHL, to one of the most talented and most motivated players?”

Two words: Contract Renewal

35. #35 Jaker1 says:
    April 2, 2008 at 12:21 pm

I guess that I am in the minority of habs fans but I would like to see Ottawa in the playoffs. I am a hab fan but I am also a pro-Canadian and would love to see another Canadian team in the playoffs but I would prefer not to play them which may be a strong possibility.

36. #36 Joseph says:
    April 2, 2008 at 12:36 pm

What has happened to this guy over the past 10 or so months?”

37. #37 habs4life says:
    April 2, 2008 at 1:03 pm

Kovalev’s renaissance came from his denial by Russian National team last year. That woke him up…

April 2, 2008 at 1:27 pm

Habman??????????????? Yeah thats what i thought.

39. I have a feeling the habs are going to kill the leafs on saturday. the habs want momentum going into the post season.

40. #40 Senet 1 says:
    April 2, 2008 at 6:55 pm

In the last blog, people were speculating on who we would/could play in the first round. Personally, I do not think it matters, every team is going to be tough come playoff time. We have had good luck with Boston and Phily and recently Ottawa and NJ. I am like Jaker1 being Canadian, I like to see more than one Canadian team in the conference playoffs. It would be a shame though if we had to meet each other in the first round. I guess I am tired of seeing the cup going south of the Border. It seems that the league does everything it can to keep a Canadian team from winning it lately. Having said that though other than Calgary we have not had much to cheer about in recent years.

41. #41 Senet 1 says:
    April 2, 2008 at 7:02 pm

Stewart, D’Agostini called up from Hamilton Montreal Canadiens Apr 2, 2008, 5:00 PM EDT

42. #42 Joseph says:
    April 2, 2008 at 9:11 pm

Malkin, has the Penguins up 3-2 in the second. And on a related note…

This guy truly is the Pittsburgh franchise. Logically, they voted him MVP of the team before tonight’s game, which is great because he certainly deserves it. I also like the fact that he doesn’t embellish, cry, complain or take cheapshots and then run away… which brings me to my second point.

I cannot stand Sidney Crosby. He is a prima donna. He embellishes every single bit of physical contact he encounters, he crys, he wines, he complains, and then he crosschecks players in the back after the whistle, and then goes and hides behind Gill or Laraque. I don’t care how skilled the little bastard is. Malkin is just as skilled, if not more so, and he plays the game like a man.

43. #43 Ice Man says:
    April 2, 2008 at 9:23 pm

Montreal has done more this year than anyone ever expeceted from them, including Montreal themselves. They have made the playoffs and as a bonus won the North East division.

The only this left that the Habs should fight for is the Cup. I don’t feel that they will beat out the Pens for the top spot in the eastern Conf.

Just rest up the Bruised and the Battered for the playoffs. We don’t need anymore injuries.

44. #44 Joseph says:
    April 2, 2008 at 9:25 pm

It’ll make no difference at all whether they finish first or second. They’ll have four teams to beat.

45. #45 Joseph says:
    April 2, 2008 at 9:27 pm

Oh, and did I mention that Crosby is a pussy? Well, it’s worth mentioning again.

46. #46 hablifer says:
    April 2, 2008 at 9:27 pm

Actually I think Malkin is more skilled. i agree about Crosby. If we play them, everyone at the bell centre should bring a baby bottle just for Crosby. He is extremely immature, acts like a cry baby always. He thinks he’s god and a penalty should be called anytime someone touches him. Anyways, they’re killing each other, and if Philly loses, I think they will beat Pitt on Sunday in Philly. So I still think we can finish in 1st. I’m a bit worried which hab team will show up tomorrow, now that they’ve clinched 1st in the division. They could come out really flat like in Toronto.

47. #47 Ice Man says:
    April 2, 2008 at 9:37 pm

I can’t stand that Crosby is Canadian. The little Pr!ck.

April 2, 2008 at 9:40 pm

His name is Cindy Crosby …. LOLOL

49. #49 Ice Man says:
    April 2, 2008 at 10:13 pm

The Birds won.

See how a few no show games will come back and bite you in the Ass.

Montreal should have won enough games to have the Eastern Conf wraped up weeks ago. Seriously they could have. But that is how the cookie crumbles right.

Lay off a bit Habs. Take a well deserved rest.

50. #50 hablifer says:
    April 2, 2008 at 10:20 pm

I wouldn’t mind if Pitt played Philly in the 1st round. They’ll kill each other, and then we can play a battered and tired Pitt.