Eastern Mess

• What is going on in the Eastern Conference?

Philly fell apart. Ottawa is crumbling, and the Bruins are coming out of nowhere.

How long will Ottawa struggle for before getting back in the groove? They are too good of a team to bomb the rest of the year. Or are they?

Are the Bruins a good enough team to keep surging to the top of the Northeast?

Which team in 9th-12th spot now is going to sneak into 8th?

I don’t recall this many teams being this close at this point. There will be several teams missing the playoffs by 1-4 points. An overtime point, a shoot out win, or one minor error will be the difference for someone.

The Habs are in the middle somewhere. A 1st place Division or Conference finish isn’t out of the cards. Neither is a 10th place finish.

No room for error.

1. Caps are the “crunk” i think…i really like Ovechkin..hes always laughing and enjoying himself..he has “fun” and it really adds to his charisma….what a great player…some scout out there is “rich’ nice “secret agent man”…thats my dream job…going to junior games all over the country and scouting….

2. Special “K” scores!

3. Wow ,are you checking out Lat’s ,he want to fight tonite,lol

4. Hes tougher than i thought..what up?…Kovalev was hammering em tonight to!

5 to 2 seven to go…fingers crossed!

5. Wow,,”Beefalo”…likes to srap tonight..with visions of Brierre still dancing in their heads!
    I got to check the weight on latendresse, hes pushing or over 200 anybody?

6. I see cheap fight coming up..Ruffs an arse hole anyway..hed do something like that

7. Dem Rochester boyz are tough too..kaleta ok ..like his style..mean mo-fo

8. Budda bing Budda bang!!!!!!!!6 to 2…odd man rush baby!

9. OH “K” already!!!…lol..the special “K” boyz are gonna be scary come playoff time!

10. Im wrong ..no late fight…

11. Good nite fellas…congrats to HAb fans and the team alike

12. Lets try to get a couple “chics” on this blog…ill scout out some “beev” for the site..theres gotta be “hab Muff” out there somewhere…

13. Now ,that’s the best idea ever,lol

14. #15 habman says:
    March 1, 2008 at 2:13 am

I had late ,early morning vision…presidential candidate year, I really think the Refs are gonna go for the “Capitals” this year….not that they need the help..i just got this “feeling” that Washington is going to take the cup……and I hear that HUET got his shutout…good for him….i really hope that draft pick is a good one..mmmmm…yup Caps take it all!

15. Michael- I don’t think the habs are mising it this year lol. only only 6 more wins for 91 pts. I want to face, Philly,Boston, or even Huet(Washington) because a I’m sorry but I deon’t think the habs can kick out crosby and the pens. It’s not because of Hossa!we’ll go 4-1 against Philly,4-0 against Boston and 4-1 against the caps.

16. that’s just what I think, but who would you guys rather play against in the 1st round?

17. #18 Donnie says:
    March 1, 2008 at 11:41 am

All riiiiiiight !!! I love the new look Sens….5th place really becomes them. It also seems we sent Huet out to do our bidding for us against the Devs.

Thats it boys, keep on scoring….keep the PP flying high and keep Mr.Price turning away 30 shots a game. We showed backbone last night also in the toughness category…..big Latandresse used his size to tap Pratt in the jaw. Komisarek is playing very discipline until they absolutely need him to throw down. Lapierre is improved 100% from last year, lotsa hustle and playing great as a forechecker. Streit is one of the most under-rated players in the league, a very important part of our success this year, and we have got to sign him next season. It’s so good to see such solid hockey once again from our Habs.

5 of our last 17 games are against Jersey and the Sens…these are the games that probably will decide a 1st, 2nd, or 5th place finish. Big western swing coming up….20 road wins so far, and it’s gonna be good to match up with the Ducks to see where we stand.

Keep playing great hockey boys….great performance 2 games ago Higgins, you don’t have to wait 8 games to score again…Koivu gotta stop taking penalties because he’s standing still….but all in all we’re in a position we deserve….now lets pull out all the stops and keep it. Remember, most teams that soar far into the playoffs usually finish the last 15-20 of the season on a high note…..keep playing hard….for all intended purposes we playing playoff hockey now. Thumbs up boys……GO HABS GO !!!

18. #20 kovalevisagod27 says:
    March 1, 2008 at 1:27 pm

i was part of that chant!!! OLE OLE OLE OLEEEEEEE

19. #21 jack hab says:
    March 1, 2008 at 1:59 pm

Wow! I absolutely loved the results last night. We took 1st, Huet got a SO, and
    Leafs got a point! You see gentlemen, I don’t want (the laffs) to tank. I’d like
    them to climb to 9th so they don’t even get a good pick for next year!! LOL
    Huet slapping Jersey even helped us…(I wonder if he’s still on our payroll.)LOL

In response to a fellow poster…… I’d love to face Huet in the playoffs if
    at all possible. I’ll always be a fan of his (just like other Xhabs). The only
    difference being that I stop cheering for Xhabs once we face them! LOL
    Montreal in 1st – Washington 8th would be an ideal finish for me!!

20. #22 habman says:
    March 1, 2008 at 2:47 pm

When your fed and looking down…is harder to defend than hungry and looking up!

21. #23 habman says:
    March 1, 2008 at 2:53 pm

Ok boyz.i want to hear some predictions and player results for tonights game!…im keeping my yap shut for the rest of the night..i may have a few comments ..but guyz..show me some savvy soothsaying here…wad up with the crunk?…whos gonna score whos gonna make “the big play”?//

mind you your intitiled to ..”WIZARD OF THE NIGHT ” award!
    GO HABSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

22. Guys I have bad news. If pittsburgh wins today, It doesn’t matter if montreal wins because Pittsburgh will still be in 1st. But montreal will be tied!

23. #25 habsalltheway says:
    March 1, 2008 at 4:34 pm

So then we want OTT to win. If that happens aand we can pull of the win then we have first.. :) A few “IF’S” but hey any thing can happen
    GO HABS GO

24. #26 groundworking says:
    March 1, 2008 at 6:59 pm

HUGE game tonight. First in the East? Screenshot? Wall poster? Many possibilities.

25. #27 Smoore24 says:
    March 2, 2008 at 1:51 pm

Being a Montreal transplant to Hartford I see a lot of the Bruins and have to say they have been playing extreemly well against everybody but Montreal all season and they ran into some pretty serious injuries. But like the Habs they have some young players playing big games, I’m really impressed with Milan Lucic, he’s being groomed off ice by Cam Neely and it shows. As for Ottawa I was at their first game vs. the Rangers at MSG when they were hot and they struck me as a one line team with a hot goaltender. The only player that stood out to me beyond the first line was Antoine Vermette, I think they are overated. The Habs have blown me away this season and Carey Price has been a phenom this team is reminding me of the 86 Habs when I was growing up on the south shore, hopefully they can acheive the post season success of that team.

26. #28 mike says:
    March 8, 2008 at 10:17 am

Hey Habsfans !

Does anyone know if there is fan access to morning skates? My son is heading to MTL for their high school grad trip and I got him tickets to the Sens game on Mar 13. His first real NHL game ( I took him to Leafs at ACC once, pregame meal in the lounge was excellent but …. ) and I know he’d get a real kick out seeing the players close-up ( closer than the 400 level seats I got him !! ) Thanks all. GO HABS!