Free for all

• I’ll be out of town with limited computer access for the next few nights.

Consider this the post for all your comments regarding Buffalo until the All-Star Game.

If the Habs can pull off a win against the Sabres that’ll do great for their mindset heading into the All-Star break.

They’ve beat them twice already and it can certainly happen again.

1. I confess, i don’t have a police officer who has profiled, just bsing you all.

2. same ip address….no suprise, as if you can find an ip address on this site.

3. #3 joshtm says:
    January 23, 2007 at 2:52 pm

Izzy and Pactum you guys are pathetic you know that?

I like what HABSINBLOOD had to say, however you need teams that want these players and the way they’ve played doesn’t really make them trade material.

4. #4 smiler2729 says:
    January 23, 2007 at 3:19 pm

Stupid owners voted to keep this stupid schedule for next season… western pricks want to save on travel SO THE FANS SHOULD HIT ‘EM IN THE POCKET NEXT YEAR AND STAY HOME AND WATCH THE GAME ON TV… FUCK ME, THIS LEAGUE IS GOING TO SHIT. AND HAS ANYONE SEEN THE NEW UNIFORMS I WARNED YOU ABOUT??? Yeah, well, I floated the petition by everyone and no one seemed to care. THE HABS’ JERSEY DESIGN WILL BE DIFFERENT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 100 YEARS!! AND UGLY AS SHIT TOO.

5. #5 Habs#1 says:
    January 23, 2007 at 3:36 pm

smiler, the jersey you saw is different then the one they’re going to have next year. It’s not as extreme.

The Habs jersey will be the exact same design, same stipes down the side and the front, the CH will still be there and the jersey won’t be tucked in. The players want this new jersey and it’s not as extreme as the other models we’ve seen(i.e World Juniors and the Olympics.)

Don’t worry about it. Same jersey but just a tiny bit tighter.

6. the above post with the izzy in capital letters?….same ip address…..um when you know how you can find it easily. same guy too….lmao…probably really smarting about how my buddy hit everything dead on…lol. But since I am not replying to him specifically, and I admit I do like him…lol…he likely wont get off from this post…..lmfao.

7. #7 Jack Tornton says:
    January 23, 2007 at 6:35 pm

lol. where do you guys go to see the ip adress?

January 23, 2007 at 7:51 pm

There goes joshtm’s sexual frustrations again.This guy needs a girlfriend or maybe its just because he is retarded because his parents are cousins lol

January 23, 2007 at 7:55 pm

Hey izzy he even used my name but mixed capitals with lower case lol.OMG he has fooled us all (end of sarcasm)

10. #10 Snake says:
    January 23, 2007 at 8:14 pm

OH man now I feel really bad. I was the one the originally posted under JOsh’s name about being a leafs fan and all. Too bad I accidently used A capital J. SOrry guys it seems to have caused more harm then good. OH well Josh is still an idiot.

GO HABS

11. #11 Snake says:
    January 23, 2007 at 8:16 pm

I still think he has crazy sexual frustrations though. Imagine if he’s like a 40 year old living in his mom’s basement.

January 23, 2007 at 9:04 pm

lol

13. #13 high 4 habs says:
    January 23, 2007 at 9:15 pm

Guys, I’ve been watching a few minutes of the young stars game from Dallas.But don’t understand the picks. Alex steen from leafs, (crappy player), gets picked, but no Latendresse! What are they thinking?
    And the schedule remains the same next year, which means we don’t go to Edmonton, Calgary, or Vancouver. what a joke!

January 23, 2007 at 9:29 pm

I was thinking the same thing and where in the hell is higgens too

15. WE neve seem to do well in Western Canada. Last year we lost 6-2 in Vancouver to a sub par canucks team. THe flaes always smother us in teh nuetral zone and Edmonton usually finds a way to squeak one out. ALthough we did win the heritage classic, what a snub for them. SO not goign out there is not so bad as long as you dont live there. HEy I’ve been waitin gfor the Habs to come to WInnipeg for 10 years now. I have to settle for the Bulldogs playing the Moose.

16. I used to love watching the Habs slaughter the lowly Jets. You guys should have seen it . THe old Winnipeg arena full of red jerseys. NOt one Jet fan in teh house. I guess thats why they are toast.

17. #17 high 4 habs says:
    January 23, 2007 at 10:51 pm

Souray didn’t win the hardest shot competition, but the announcers really angered me. they said, before it started, that Chara would be a lock to win, even tho Souray won it last year. Even tho Chara won it, it wasn’t exactly accurate of who has the hardest shot, because: a) Souray has more goals than Chara, and b) Souray shoots most of the time from the point standing still. In this competition they are about 10 feet out,and skating. I’m positive that from the blueline, standing still, Souray has the hardest shot! that’s the place they should have placed the players, and standing still.
    But of course those anti hab broadcasters don’t want a habs player to win, so they set it up for another player to win. Wouldn’t it be nice if Toronto dropped off from the face of the earth? But anyways,everyone knows Torontonians are cold, and their is no ambience there, unlike Montreal with all it’s european charm and friendly people. I hate Toronto, and I hate their team with their ugly blue uniforms!

18. no harm done snake….at least your posts make sense.

guys ….about a month ago they ( carbo/Latendresse/Gainey ) mentioned that he ( tender) wouldnt be playing in the young stars game. I dont remember why exactly.

pactum….ignore it….honestly I bet my golf/beer buddy ( profiler) actually hit everything bang on. Might have touched a nerve…lol. If he could see his hand writing he could tell you the color of his eyes….lol….thats how good this guy is.

bring on TRANNA on saturday….man I hope its a close one like….oh….9-0.

19. #19 I am Canadien says:
    January 24, 2007 at 8:36 am

What ticked me off is that the commentators at the ALL Star 3 0n the goalie competition; HUET shut them all out. At the end; he didn’t even get an honourable mention from them. What Blluhsit!!
    Huet in the second 1/2 of the season will SHINE! Game On!!

20. #20 HABMAN says:
    January 24, 2007 at 10:29 am

Seems to me that TSN is blaming the Hab’s for the NHL schedule staying the way it is because they voted against the proposals. How typical of them. For one thing, the NHL will be revisiting this at the board governors meetings next year AND this is the middle of a three year cycle in the schedule so they should let it go it’s course. The schedule will change in due time and the Hab’s, Laffs and Senators will get their games out west eventually. GO HABS GO!!!

21. #21 coutNY_HabsFan says:
    January 24, 2007 at 11:05 am

***** I hate to change the subject from the “All barf” game and activities, but really I would… My only hope is that Souray will mow down some of the opposition tonight with some stay bullets! IZZY do not have me profiled for the “MOW DOWNâ€? comment, I meant pucks :)

Anyway, I’ve been bored with no Hab hockey play, so I would like to spark-up some discussions about continued success for second half of the Habs season. Maybe speculation of possible trades that Bob and the Gang might be planning (realistically), or strategy to sure up the Defense and Offense? Is this not why this forum exists?

I propose we play a little GM and put ourselves in Bob’s position?!?! What would we do to make this team a cup contender either this year or in the near future? I know there are a lot of Blogs that have discussed these type of deals over the months, but maybe you can restate them with more detail?

CHALLENGE: What would be the Your Ultimate Habs “Block Buster Trade” if the trade dead-line was this Saturday at noon?

RULES:
    #1 – Must consider salary to the best of your knowledge (available on the NET).
    #2 – Must consider other teams’ needs and willingness to make the trade.
    #3 – Must include why the Habs need to make the trade.
    #4 – Must add if the trade would be a short-term or Long-term move.
    #5 – Must include replacements to the Habs to fill the openings left by making a multi-player move.
    #6 РMust label your entr̩e MY ULTIMATE HAB TRADE at the top of your Blog.
    #7 РMust submit an entr̩e by Game time Saturday 27th, 2007.

Note if you think the Habs are fine “AS IS” say so, and maybe discuss strategy enhancements????

Would anyone interested in such a Challenge? Any Feedback????

22. #22 Jack Tornton says:
    January 24, 2007 at 12:08 pm

MY ULTIMATE HAB TRADE

Tampa Bay: Brad Richards + (a pick whether high or low)

Habs: Niniimaa + Aebisher + a prospect (Kostistyn?!?!?!)

This trade makes sense for Tampa because Tampa Bay needs a good Defenceman that could help their struggling Defence. Furthermore, Tampa needs a better and determined goalie than they presently have: (Denis–Ha what a joke!). Moreover, adding a prospect to this trade will convince them they will win on the trade.

On the other hand this trade makes sense for Montreal because they are just waiting for a (super) star player to join their team. This will add mor juice in the tank of our scoring chances. It will make a higher thread to other teams. If we aquire him, our offence can finally depend on a great goal-scorer. After all, he’s an enforcer too. He’s a pretty big player. For all those who are crying: “We want a north-american player” then your dream will be realized.

After all, whether Niinimaa and Aebisher are in our line-up or not, it does not make a huge change to our performance on the ice. Moreover, we will finally give a chance to one of our young goalies to perofrm in the big leage whether it is Danis or Halak ( and maybe next year —-Price—-)

The only thing we will lose on this trade will be Kostsistyn but He doesn’t seem to fit in our line-up. Some of you might disagree on the fact that Kostistyn does not fit in opur line-up, but you guys have to understand that if you want to aquire a great player, you must give up some juice from your end too. To us, Habs, we lose on only Kostistyn since everyone seems to want Aebisher out of the team, and Niinimaa does not contribute to our roster.

What do you gusy think?? Will our dream finally realize?

23. #23 smiler2729 says:
    January 24, 2007 at 12:12 pm

My ULTIMATE HAB TRADE

To SAN JOSE: D Andrei Markov, RW Sergei Samsonov, LW Andrei Kostitsyn, 3rd Round Draft Choice

To MONTREAL: C Patrick Marleau, D Kyle McLaren, 5th Round Draft Choice

NEEDS:
    San Jose have expressed a need for a bonafide number one defenceman and wingers, Samsonov and Sharks center Joe Thornton are best of friends and have shown chemistry on the ice from their years in Boston.
    Montreal desperately needs a strong center presence and some defensive toughness on the blueline as well.

I think the salaries here are a wash, the draft choice flip and the inclusion of a touted prospect on the Habs’ part make up for the fact that Markov is a UFA at season’s end. Due to cap restrictions, I don’t really think San Jose with all their upcoming young talent peaking together will be able to afford to keep both Thornton and Marleau as well as affording Cheechoo and their top notch goalie tandem. Samsonov is a risk but a change of scenery and the presence of old linemate and buddy Thornton could spark him back to what he was.

24. #24 smiler2729 says:
    January 24, 2007 at 12:16 pm

Tampa Bay needs a good defenceman, NOT an enigma like Janne Niinimaa, that trade could work if you include Markov or Souray… but you never know how stupid Jay Feaster can be. Also, wouldn’t you rather have Martin St.Louis or Vinny Lecavalier over Richards?

25. #25 smiler2729 says:
    January 24, 2007 at 12:22 pm

In a minor move, I’d like to see the Habs get Arron Asham back from NYI, come on, Garth Snow can be fleeced. Offer them Garth Murray and some cash or something.

I also wouldn’t mind seeing what Phoenix defencemen and/or if Shane Doan is available.

Is Florida willing to part with D Jay Bouwmeester if the trade is right?

26. #26 high 4 habs says:
    January 24, 2007 at 12:39 pm

Tampa will never part with their big 3- Lecavalier, St. Louis, Richards.But they are shopping Prospal. On the other hand, I would be willing to give up all the players nobody wants: Aebischer, Rivet, possibly Ryder, and maybe Huet.
    I mention Huet because we have 2 goalies waiting in the wings.
    But realistically, I would trade Ryder and Rivet and Aebischer. How about a package including those 3 for Jokinen? Does anyone know what happened to Eric Daze? did he retire, or is he on the unable to play list for a year?
    We should concentrate on the teams who WON’T make the playoffs, such as Florida, Phoenix,Washington, NYI,Columbus. Hey is Rick Nash available? I hear they have goalie problems. any takers?

27. #27 smiler2729 says:
    January 24, 2007 at 12:49 pm

I wouldn’t want Jokinen, can’t score away from Sunrise Center or whatever they call Florida’s arena and I’m sick of no guts/no grit Euros. Columbus will never trade Rick Nash but maybe pry Gilbert Brule away? Eric Daze is all but retired (he hasn’t filed the papers yet but he’s done). Washington has nothing but number 8 and Semin, the rest are plumbers.

28. #28 smiler2729 says:
    January 24, 2007 at 1:12 pm

All’s the Habs really need is another top notch center for one of the top two ‘scoring’ lines and a big massive injection of Kirk Muller-like workmanship grit. I think the defense can tighten up with some coaching and not seem so lax on a lot of the goals against. The goaltending is above average with both Huet and Aebischer better than everage goalies who play very well positionally but tend to let in those team deflating soft ones in that just drive fans nuts. I really would love to Kyle Chipchura up here to see what he could bring and here’s hoping superpest never-say-die Steve Begin gets back soon ‘cuz that little fuck can sure pep up his team and bug the crap out of the opposition (like Darcy Tucker but without the hissy fit lunatic whining ‘Sideshow Bob’ antics or that stupid Maple Leaf logo on his chest).

29. #29 coutNY_HabsFan says:
    January 24, 2007 at 1:27 pm

Lapierre is back to the DoGS….

30. #30 smiler2729 says:
    January 24, 2007 at 1:40 pm

Better Lapierre being playing than sitting on his ass… he’ll be back Saturday.

31. #31 HabsInBlood says:
    January 24, 2007 at 1:53 pm

Re: Tampa, their big 3 take up I think around 50% of their salary cap – and that doesn’t even include Boyle. I think Richards, St.Louis and Lecavalier are all in the neighborhood of 7mil – give or take a few hundred thousand. I think this is partly the result of being the last Stanley Cup champion before the strike and salary cap was introduced.

I don’t see how their salary structure can last long term – one of the 3 will surely be traded at some point. Look at the Habs – our top 2 forwards Koivu and Kovalev make 4mil + change. I would take any 3 of these guys – although I don’t see how it would work at salaries of 7mil/year.

32. #32 smiler2729 says:
    January 24, 2007 at 2:17 pm

I’ve read from those hockey writers “in the know”, that Tampa Bay is desperately in search of a goalie and basically, they want Nikolai Happybirthday (Kahbibulin) back from Chicago and they are willing to part with one of their big three (the rumour being Martin St.Louis)… but what does a hockey journalist know anyway?

33. #33 Habs#1 says:
    January 24, 2007 at 2:26 pm

Problem with trying to deal 3 of the big 4 in Tampa(I include Dan Boyle) is that Boyle, St.Louis and Richards all have no-trade clauses. They would have to agree to leave.

Would you agree to leave Florida to go to Chicago? I didn’t think so.

And you’d have to be nuts to trade Vinny. He’s not going anywhere till he’s a UFA. And has anyone noticed how Tampa is back in the playoffs right now? A trade of the any of the big four will probably never happen.

As for my ultimate Habs deal, it would be Sergei Samsonov,Craig Rivet,David Aebischer,Andrei Kotstitsyn and a first round pick to L.A. for Anze Kopitar, Dustin Brown and Jack Johnson.

34. #34 smiler2729 says:
    January 24, 2007 at 3:06 pm

Kotstitsyn is a popular unload here… is he coveted by anybody?

35. #35 smiler2729 says:
    January 24, 2007 at 3:32 pm

Darius Kasparaitis on waivers… should Gainey take a flyer on him or this guy done?

36. #36 Jack Tornton says:
    January 24, 2007 at 4:10 pm

Let’s aquire Darius Kasparaitis. It cannot be bettre than that. Let’s aquire him before another team does. That is our only chance to aquire a defenceman that can send a couple of guys to hospital every night. Make him skate right beside samsonov and NO ONE will have the balls to even touch him. DONE(PERIOD)
    DARIUS KASPARAITIS IN HABS UNIFORM.

*What a dream!

37. #37 high 4 habs says:
    January 24, 2007 at 4:13 pm

Kopitar is not going anywhere. He is a young talent in LA, and will only get better. LA would be crazy to trade him. They’re in a rebuilding stage, and going to keep their young stars. Maybe look to Phoenix, and Doan.
    I heard Smolinski, in Chicago could be pryed away. They need D men, badly!
    Rivet and draft pick? Also, does anyone want Perehzogin? We really don’t need him, especially with Begin returning, and he’s not great defensively, so I would trade him . I do believe a trade will be made before the trading deadline, Feb 27th! Gainey will not let Souray walk for nothing; either he will resign or get traded. So which D men to keep?

38. #38 hab-dab-a-do says:
    January 24, 2007 at 4:53 pm

Habs and Bruins are coming to Halifax in September 07, Get your tickets quick

39. #39 Habs#1 says:
    January 24, 2007 at 5:39 pm

high 4 habs, welcome to the new NFL type CBA, teams WILL let players walk for nothing at the end of their contracts more often now. That’s the way it works in the NFL and that will happen in the NHL from now on with playoff bound teams.

Souray will not be traded and id he asks for anything more then 5.5 million and Gainey will let him walk.

40. #40 coutNY_HabsFan says:
    January 24, 2007 at 6:33 pm

Glad to see people getting into the spirit! Finally getting back some good wholesome hockey talk…

I am seeing some bold trades with smiler2729 leading the way, offering Markov for Marleau….

Maybe we need some incentive? So everybody throw in some money and if their ULTIMATE HAB TRADE comes true they get the pot. If no trade occurs than we have a big party in Montreal with the cash!

PS I can hold the money if you guys would like:)

41. ok, coutNY….if you’re going to hold the money, I’ll send you a check.bwahahahaha.

I will post my ultimate trade soon, but aside from who you’d want your ultimate trade to be, who do you think is actually going to move?

I’ve created a mini reverse draft order…( names in a hat ) to see which order you pick in.Otherwise I’d just say Samsanov and have the advantage because I created the thread. You cant make your pick until the person above you in the draft has picked.We’ll see who has gm savy and have some fun at the same time..
    ok here goes…

1 Jack Tornton
    2 smiler2729
    3 habs #1
    4 coutNY
    5 hab-dab-a-do
    6 joshtm ( yes I put his name in too )
    7 HB
    17 kazmojo
    18 higgy 21
    19 riser8
    20 Frank Doiron
    21 Thomas Steenburg

ok…good luck!

oh…if you think this is stupid, by all means say so and just say decline…then the guy below you can make his pick.

Thanks!

42. #42 Jack Tornton says:
    January 24, 2007 at 8:33 pm

MY ULTIMATE HAB TRADE

Tampa Bay: Brad Richards + (a pick whether high or low)

Habs: Niniimaa + Aebisher + a prospect (Kostistyn?!?!?!)

On the other hand this trade makes sense for Montreal because they are just waiting for a (super) star player to join their team. This will add mor juice in the tank of our scoring chances. It will make a higher thread to other teams. If we aquire him, our offence can finally depend on a great goal-scorer. After all, he’s an enforcer too. He’s a pretty big player. For all those who are crying: “We want a north-american player� then your dream will be realized.

What do you gusy think?? Will our dream finally realize?
    (Lol I’m just restating what I said before so that we can go in order)

43. #43 Jack Tornton says:
    January 24, 2007 at 8:33 pm

And we can add Moarkov to this trade*

44. newest rumor from canadiens.com……..souray for Marleau….right after the all star break.

remember, I’m only the messenger.

45. #45 coutNY_HabsFan says:
    January 24, 2007 at 9:58 pm

I am in! Not too far down the line…I guess I better come up with a pick? Maybe there should be a 12 hour “your on the clock” trade limit that starts from the end of the last pick. And you get bumped to the end of the line. This would be a just in case people do not participate, time differences or are unavailable otherwise we might be speculating until after the season? Looks like Smiler2729 would be up next…

46. Watching the allstar game ,Ive noticed a couple of things: a) a lot of smaller players making a name for themselves. b)the system incorperated in allstar game is allmost the same as the Habs this year,no bodycheaking,no shooting from the blue line,to much playmaking going nowhere,not enough shooting and to much line juggling.This is with out a dout my main conserns for the 2nd half of season and playoffs for the Habs. What’s fustrating to me is I feel these issues won’t be addressed which is a shame cause I feel the Habs could pull it off this year. The other problems 1)really need one more Big Brusing Defence man to deal with players like Carolina’s Cole and others who it seems turn it up a notch ,at will,and take over in front of HEUT. 2)I don’t believe those players in allstar game will be avalible for trade and if so, the price would be to high,crippling the Habs. The players I would deal are:ABBY,NIINA,BOULLION,STREIT,DOWNEY,replacing them with a couple of BullDogs:DANIS,BIRON and try and aquire GEORGE LAROQUE , TODD BERTUZZIand ERIC COLE.The Habs must resign SOUREY and MARKOV.

47. #47 joshtm says:
    January 25, 2007 at 1:39 am

Hey Izzy you forgot Youpie! and don’t forget the poutine neither…

Jack Tornton has some really good points. We need to keep Souray, he proved himself even though he embarrased us all by once again, knocking Huet over, honestly in an all star game of all places! What gives? At least Souray proved his worth, maybe Huet deserved to be tripped, and I think Souray even shot the puck in himself…have to love Souray though….way to go Sheldon!

The break all but reinforces the need to have a trade, maybe more than one. Hey if it works for teams like Tampa Bay and Minnesota and gets them more playoff time, hey its worth the returns eh? Ovechkin and Crosby were definitely overrated coming into the stars game and the west’s shut em down line proved it only too well, imagine if the Habs could get someone like Smythe or Briere? You’d have to give up some serious talent to get winners like that though.

48. #48 HAB-DAB-A-DO says:
    January 25, 2007 at 11:22 am

OK Here goes my attempt

ABBY-NINAMA-RIVET- (LAPIERRIE OR KOSTSISTYN) TO THE FLYERS FOR FORBURG AND GAGNE, FORBURG JUST THE REST OF THIS SEASON AND WE HAVE THE RIGHTS TO RELEASE HIM IN THE 07/08 SEASON SHOULD THE ANKLE INJURY PROVE TO STILL BE A FACTOR.IF ALL IS WELL AFTER THIS SEASON WE OWN HIS RIGHTS FOR THE 07/08 SEASON.

ALSO I THINK THE A DEAL WITH TSN SHOULD BE MADE TO ABTAIN DARREN DRAGGER IN A ASST COUCHING POSITION AND AFTER A DEAL IS WORKED OUT FIRE HIM AND DEMOTE HIM TO THE GUY WHO CLEANS ICE SHAVINGS DURING COMMERICAL BREAKS.JUST TO GET HIM OFF THE AIR.

49. #49 coutNY_HabsFan says:
    January 25, 2007 at 11:29 am

Hey Jack, I sensed the sarcasm in the dig referencing #142 “And we can add Markov to this trade*”… I think it was in responding to my #139 “I am seeing some bold trades with smiler2729 leading the way, offering Markov for Marleau…” bit, which I did think was bold that would change the face of the team, but not necessarily the best trade for the team… and your move 141# would be a monumental move if you could sell it to Tampa! But, you’d probably have to throw in a Markov caliber player into the mix to make the deal. In the same breath, I believe getting rid of Markov, while we are playing a traditional Defense-style trap hockey would be a mistake. I also think Xhabsfan makes interesting points about Suring-up the D because of the way we play, but do not necessarily like all the people in the transitions. I like BOULLION and STREIT. Boullion has been producing more with his increased ice time. Streit has turned into quite the utility guy for Carbo. He better watch it with BERTUZZI; dangerously close to joshtm’s broken down category. joshtm I think Ryan Smyth might be available by trade deadline…

50. #50 stevejur says:
    January 25, 2007 at 11:34 am

Breaking News:

Stan Fischler and The Team 990 report the following:

Montreal have offered either Perezhogin or Plekanec and a 1st rounder for Peter Forsberg.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO. Not Plekanec!