Good News

• The Islanders lose to Ottawa and Carolina loses to New Jersey. Meaning the Habs don’t lose any more ground.

As far as gaining ground, the chance is there if they pick up point(s) tonight in Pittsburgh and the ever important Leafs game on Saturday night.

The Habs back to back games record this year is atrocious and they’ll have to find a way to break that trend.

If they go all out tonight and have nothing left for the more important game against Toronto it could mean trouble. Especially if they don’t come out with 2 points tonight. Then again the Habs ‘going all out’ doesn’t seem to happen very often anyway.

If the luck continues and the Leafs and Rangers lose tonight and the Habs steal all 4 points this weekend, the standings will look much much better for the Habs.

1. #1 Joshtm says:
    March 16, 2007 at 3:43 pm

Yes Dalley I am serious, I am tired of this, all I want to do is concentrate on the habs, and I accept your olive branch and promise not to make any nasty comments, maybe it is time I grew up and this goes to any and all that I may have responded to, after all I was only protecting myself…..

The problem with Montreal can be summed up with three things:

1: Prima Donna griping: Kovalev, Samsonov and even Koivu
    2: Signing deadbeats: Johnson, Ninnima, Abby, Murray, Dandy, Bouilly
    3: Poor coach leadership: First on and last off is the standby, but with Carbo its Last on and First off in a win and Last in and Last off in losses. You can almost tell the habs are gonna lose if he sticks to this. This is demeaning and insulting to the team.

Finally, not taking advantage of the trade deadline, granted Gorges is a natural fit with Ninnima, but he is good with almost any defense…that was a bonus, but he lacks size.

2. #2 Dalley1 says:
    March 16, 2007 at 3:46 pm

Joshtm.

I’m sorry too. You have made my day. Thank you.

Shall we do the Man Hug…………..

At last the two forces are united.

3. #3 Dalley1 says:
    March 16, 2007 at 3:52 pm

Halak should get the start against Toronto.

The Leafs know all about Abby cause they have played him before (like a fiddle I may add). Look at the last game against T.O. some very soft goals he let in. Softer than Joshtm’s Brain….LOL……

They Leafs have not played Halak and don’t know much about him. I’d say go for it.

Abby has been given 2 or 3 chances to redeem himself (Has he, Not really). Why not give Halak a chance as well to redeem himself…………..

What do anyone think about that?????????? Yes. No. Maybe.

4. #4 habsfan_for_life1212 says:
    March 16, 2007 at 3:56 pm

Halak better get a start before he is sent down to hamilton or else his confidence will be shot. Does anybody remember Tomas Vokoun? He had a horrible game and lost all his confidence, i dont want to see that happen to halak seeing as he’ll probably back up Huet next year with aebiisher gone and price probably in the minors for a year.

5. #5 Dalley1 says:
    March 16, 2007 at 3:56 pm

Sorry Joshtm That was a copy and paste. I did not proof read it.

I am truly sorry Josh…….. I mean that….

6. #6 Peace says:
    March 16, 2007 at 4:09 pm

That was a legitimately nice bit of hugging it out. Fewer personal attacks means more real discussion. Good on both of you!

7. #7 Dalley1 says:
    March 16, 2007 at 4:15 pm

Joshtm and I.

We wiil be Like:

Peanut butter and jelly

Brooks and Dunn

Dr. Jeckle & Mr. hyde. Well maybe not that one……..Ha, Ha……..

8. #8 Dalley1 says:
    March 16, 2007 at 4:19 pm

Joshtm & I are going to be best Buds from now on.

That brings a tear to my glass eye……..

I’m so excited I can just Shit……….

It has turned out to be a good day. & when our Habs win to night it will be even a better night.

9. #9 Snake says:
    March 16, 2007 at 5:05 pm

“Toronto Maple Leafs”

What does this phrase really mean to the knowledgeable hockey fan? What does it stand for? I will try to sum it up as best as possible.

IT is a false sense of secrity and missing hope that you know will never appear. IT is a feeling of emptiness. IT is a void in one’s life not just in terms of fulfillment but accomplishment. THe TML stands for the outsiders in life. THe people who were not accepted in school, the kid who sat on the bench in little league and the girl who expressed her feelings with dark make up. THe LEafs are for the people who have alot to say but want to stay in the shadows. Be heard but not seen. The people who have strong beleifs but will still follow the pack to avoid a tough moment.

10. #10 DIE_HARD_HABS_FAN says:
    March 16, 2007 at 5:12 pm

That is so sweet.

11. #11 Snake says:
    March 16, 2007 at 5:13 pm

Hey Dalley1:

JOshtm is my best bud!

HE comes and visits me at Stoney MT every weekend.

12. #12 Habs#1 says:
    March 16, 2007 at 5:15 pm

Since the last two year’s of Kovy’s deal will NOT count against the cap if he retires do to this vertigo, and this may sound terrible, but frankly I think it would be better for both sides if he retired.

He would still get the remaining 9 mil, and he’d get to retire to Russia with his body no more badily beaten and he’s get to pilot around in peace.

The Habs would get 9 mil in cap relief over the next two years and they’d get an underacheiving whiner off the team. And with Sammy as good as gone this would give the Habs a vault full of cap room.

13. #13 nigelski says:
    March 16, 2007 at 5:30 pm

Habs #1–in addition, the insurance company would be paying the $9 million, not the team.

Like it if I saw another strong effort tonigh, culminating in a habs win. Don’t care how. Take out the goalie–worked well last game. Whatever it takes.

Go habs!

14. #14 HIggy21 says:
    March 16, 2007 at 5:49 pm

IF any team is due for a stellar goaltending effort it is Montreal. I cant remembre the last tiem our goalie won us a game. Dec 16 vs Tampa rings a bell though. Whether its Abby, Halak, Leighton or a miraculous return by HUet we need a big game tonight!

15. #15 Higgy21 says:
    March 16, 2007 at 5:54 pm

IS JOshtm really Sergei Samsonov?

I think there is a good possibility. Sammy definetely has alot of spare time which it is apparent this Joshtm does as well. There views are similar on the management of the team. BOth have shaky english skills. ALso both are mouthy when we lose but shut thier mouths when we win. I would say they are the same person.

16. #16 LeBeau says:
    March 16, 2007 at 5:57 pm

Hey smiler…with regards to posting #8…you can’t see it, but I’m standing and applauding you. LOL I couldn’t've said it better myself!

Dalley…I’m a beard man too. I’d let mine grow through the playoffs, but I sleep with my wife, not the Habs, so she wins that one…and for post #53, I’m with you. I’d love to see him between the pipes on Saturday. Partially because I haven’t seen him play yet. The other part because I really don’t like seeing Aebischer between the pipes.

17. #17 TaLoN says:
    March 16, 2007 at 5:59 pm

Sorry if I’m wrong but I thought that the other goalie Leighton was sitting on the bench as backup and that Halak was already back in Hamilton. I also belive that I watched a press confrence with Carbo stating that Abby will be their number one to take them to the playoffs and that hes sending Halak back to the minors to mature a bit more.

Either Way, Abby has played 10 fold better the last to games, hopfully Stella got her Groove back with this “your the number one” statement by Carbo.

Any habs Reading this, Good Luck fellas, and we only gripe and whine about you guys cause we love the Red, Blue & White… GO HABS GO!!!!!!

18. #18 R habs 4 real says:
    March 16, 2007 at 6:17 pm

Samsonov accompanied the habs to Pittsburgh.Why? If he plays, we lose!
    Now that I know he’s with team, the CANCER epidemic will spread again. Carbo made a HUGE MISTAKE BY BRINGING SAMSHIT WITH THEM! What the hell was he thinking? Carbo must have a death wish! Samshit just said he doesn’t want to be with this team! Why not leave him in the press box in Montreal?
    CARBO, YOU’RE A COMPLETE MORON!!!!!!!

19. #19 nigelski says:
    March 16, 2007 at 6:37 pm

I wouldn’t bring him either. Leave him in mtl with Kovalev and with any luck, his incessant whining will keep Kovalev’s head spinning a while longer.

20. Some body get abby out of the net and put in Leighton,for FU@K SAKES !!!

21. #21 Sidney Crosby says:
    March 16, 2007 at 7:59 pm

And that’s why you shouldn’t boo me. Not only am I never going to sign for your crap team but I am going to bury you at every chance.

22. #22 R habs 4 real says:
    March 16, 2007 at 8:15 pm

AEBISHIT AEBISHIT AEBISHIT AEBISHIT, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YOU ARE THE WORST GOALIE IN THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WE WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER GET INTO THE PLAYOFFS WITH THAT PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. #23 R habs 4 real says:
    March 16, 2007 at 8:19 pm

Oh, BTW, Habs are playing horrible! Not sharp! Didn’t show up tonight!
    No skating, bad passing, no D, or offence!
    just a mirage those 2 wins! No playoffs, boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. #24 DIE_HARD_HABS_FAN says:
    March 16, 2007 at 8:23 pm

Same old story. Give up a goal within the 1st 5 mins into the 1st period.
    Same old story. Abbyshit giving up goals that a peewee would stop.
    Down 2 goals again before the 1st period ends.
    Abbyshit why in the sweet f_ck would that Shit for brains Carbo put that in net. Why do I even follow this f_cking shit. Why. Carbo does not have a f_cking clue. Not one single f_cking clue.

some buddy should see that Carbo & Abbyshit and beat the living shit out of both of those f_cking idiots.

Why, Why, Why do I f_cking stress myself out. Why………

25. #25 habsfan_for_life1212 says:
    March 16, 2007 at 9:11 pm

Second was a hell of a lot better but Abby still scares me. Whatever it makes the games exciting because 75% of the shots (no matter how bad) go in.

26. #26 R habs 4 real says:
    March 16, 2007 at 9:33 pm

If LEIGHTON doesn’t play tomorrow, THIS SEASON IS OVER , OVER OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ABESHIT CAN’T STOP A PUCK, EVER EVER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HE STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CARBO IS A TOTAL MORON FOR PLAYING AEBISHIT INSTEAD OF LEIGHTON!!!!!!!!!!!
    M O R O N ! MO R O N !!!!!!!!!!!!M O R O N !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. #27 DIE_HARD_HABS_FAN says:
    March 16, 2007 at 9:37 pm

Well. Abby scores on his own net. For F_cks sakes. How can you get back into a game with that f_ck face in net. Carbo, You should be dragged out into the street and shot.

If that Abbyshit head is in net against the leafs Sat. I wil not watch another game for the rest of the year.

It is so f_cking disapointing.

28. #28 DIE_HARD_HABS_FAN says:
    March 16, 2007 at 9:43 pm

Over. It will be over tonite my friend. The Leafs are losing 3-1 in the 3rd.

I blame it all on the coach. Carbo could not coach a dog fight. Any other coach anyone would have done better than that shit head.

I’m sorry boys. She’s over. She’s over.

After tonite why would anyone waste thier time in here talking about shit that does not matter. Boys get a hobby to do…………They are not worth it.

29. Lafs lost to crapatals,ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha 5-1, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ………….LUCKY LAFFS FANS HA HA HA HA

30. #30 R habs 4 real says:
    March 16, 2007 at 9:44 pm

How can you win a game with Aebishit? It’s so frustrating!
    This guy should be banished from the league!
    He is, by far, THE WORST GOALIE I HAVE SEEN IN 40 YEARS!!!
    WHY ISN’T LEIGHTON PLAYING? WHY NOT? PLAY LEIGHTON

31. #31 DIE_HARD_HABS_FAN says:
    March 16, 2007 at 9:51 pm

That’s it I’m out of this F_cking site. See ya boys…………

32. #32 DIE_HARD_HABS_FAN says:
    March 16, 2007 at 9:53 pm

Way to goal Carbo for flushing this year down the tiolet…

Good bye…………

33. #33 R habs 4 real says:
    March 16, 2007 at 9:53 pm

Maybe if we had a half ass goalie we could win. But if that piece of garbage, there’s no hope, and NO WAY TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS! This is GAINEY’S FAULT FOR NOT GETTING A GOALIE AT THE TRADE DEADLINE! GAINEY IS THE REASON WE AREN’T MAKING THE PLAYOFFS!
    AEBISHIT IS THE BIGGEST JOKE IN THE LEAGUE! HE’S NOT WORTH A SACK OF SHIT!
    Too bad, because with a half decent goalie, we could have won! I cringe every time a shot is taken at him! He JUST CAN’T STOP A SHOT!! HOW THE HELL ARE THE PLAYERS SUPPOSED TO HAVE CONFIDENCE IN THAT SHITHEAD?
    Sorry, for my rant, but I get so frustrated, especially when I know LEIGHTON is available!

34. Carbo,you moron ,its the same as no goalie in net you dumb fu@k, we would of won that game you bush league bum!!!

35. #35 Joshtm says:
    March 16, 2007 at 10:09 pm

Dandenault and Bouillon, the kiss of death, never mind, we had a very promising goalie, Halak, totally destroyed by the nefarious duo of Dandy and Bouilly…honestly, if people can’t see this, I don’t know, sure Abeshit is Abeshit, but hey he sure gets a helping hand from Dandy and Bouilly….

Put in the sloppy work of Streit, Markov, and Murray and Johnson all but proving me right, what the hell is Montreal doing signing crap like that? And we talk about worrying if we lose Markov? Markov played drunk tonite….

At least it was a good game of give and go, you could tell Kosty and Latendresse really wanted to win, too bad the duo of Dandy and Bouilly all but threw away our playoff hopes.

What does Gainey and Carbo see in Dandy and Bouilly? What the hell do you people see in Gainey? Any GM who signs crap like this, is not worth defending, honestly….

36. #36 R habs 4 real says:
    March 16, 2007 at 10:11 pm

Everyone should chant at the game tomorrow: WE WANT LEIGHTON!!, SAY IT UNTIL IT SINKS INTO THAT THICK HEADED STUPID COACH, CARBO!
    CARBO should not be a coach! He has NO CLUE WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN!
    If he really wanted to make the playoffs, HE WOULD NEVER EVER PUT AEBISHIT IN GOAL! That’s it! I’m totally fed up! We gave up 2 points for NOTHING!
    We could have won this game, AND WITH A DECENT GOALIE, WE WOULD HAVE!!

37. #37 coutNY_HabsFan says:
    March 16, 2007 at 10:14 pm

Wasn’t Kovalev’s fault?

38. #38 Dalley1 says:
    March 16, 2007 at 10:14 pm

Hi Joshtm. How are you bud?

The Leafs Lost tonight. NYI and Carl. lost last night. What a chance to move up. The Habs should have been a point above the Leafs going into the game tomorrow night.

I think that Carbo wants this team to loose. Why would he keep going with Abbyshit when he can’t stop a beach ball.

I don’t get it. I really don’t.

39. #39 habs phan says:
    March 16, 2007 at 10:15 pm

I thought GOOD NEWS meant Huet was back!!!!!

40. #40 Dalley1 says:
    March 16, 2007 at 10:27 pm

Even the Habs own anouncers on the radio said that Montreal lost the game because of Abbyshit.

The fans tommorrow should be pelting Carbo with tomatoes. Those fans have no guts.

What will happen. The cops will throw 21 thousand people in jail. If they did that, it shows that they mean business.

Seriously that is what they should do. If that is what it takes then so be it. The fans caused a riot when Richard was suspended way back then. Why can’t they do something now.

41. #41 Dalley1 says:
    March 16, 2007 at 10:35 pm

Abbyshit should be a man a go to Gainey and say he will not play again this year cause he is no good.

If I was in net and could not stop a bag of grass, Iwould not want to play and have everyone in North America make fun of me. I would sooner sit on the bench and collect my money.

Be a man and sit yourself out Abbyshit.

42. #42 R habs 4 real says:
    March 16, 2007 at 10:41 pm

Carbo is the the one, with NO GUTS! If he had courage and guts, he would realize that Abbyshit can’t stop a puck, and is responsible for these losses!
    It takes guts to admit you’re wrong! Just say:”I should have known better. I could have played LEIGHTON, and should have”! He keeps saying, he’s going with experience! Experience at what? letting pucks in? That’s the only thing Abbyshit does! He hasen’t got an ounce of confidence! He can’t clear a puck! when he clears the puck, I hold my breathe. he always clears it onto the stick of the opposition! He’s a joke, and everyone, including commentators, are laughing at him! He’s just the butthead of jokes around the league!
    Shame on you, Carbo! Why are you doing this to all the habs fans?
    I hope you and Abbyshit get booed! You deserve it!
    I just can’t believe that he REFUSES TO PLAY LEIGHTON! What’s he afraid of?
    That LEIGHTON might play ok and win us a game? CARBO, you’re a coward and true MORON!

43. #43 Gumper says:
    March 16, 2007 at 10:43 pm

This isn’t a blog. It’s a rubber room for middling swollen prostates and people with anal retention. Pretty sad, really. It’s a game people. Congrats to Sid the kid. He’s a helluva KID,.. ain’t he? Despite this ever deteriorating blog,.. keep up the good, (entertaining), work me “bye”.

Gumper

44. So we lost because we have a Coach who phones Jo Jo to find out what guy to play, we lost with Abishitdicker,so we can expect more of that plus Samsonov and Kovalev against the retardaleifs.I’m having a real hate ,hate, hate and like relationship with this team and I want a divorce ,but it’s a rotten life sentence rite now!!I have fallen and I can’t get up!!So I leave with this parting gesture:Fu@k -u Gainey,fu@k-u Carbo,fu@k-u Abby,fu@k-u Ninnimaa,fu@k-u Dandy,FU@K-U Bullion,fu@k-u murray and downeyand fu@k Youpee too!!!!And a big FU2K-YOU Kovalev and Samsonov !!!

45. #45 LeBeau says:
    March 16, 2007 at 10:52 pm

I used to respect Carbo. Did he really think we could win with Aebischer? I don’t get it. I just don’t get it.

46. #46 Dalley1 says:
    March 16, 2007 at 10:54 pm

NYR. lost tonight in O.T they got one point. We could have been in a tie for 8th spot.

We are getting what we need. We are getting the help that we need and we are not helping our selves.

This is getting very sickening.

47. #47 Dalley1 says:
    March 16, 2007 at 11:02 pm

How can Carbo sleep tonight? When the poor fans like us are so stressed out.

His millions will help him sleep. I have never in my day seen a coach like Carbo.

Gainey should fire this guy now. If he is behind the bench next year count on another one doen the tubes.

They season down the tubes is 90% his fault…..

I bet you if Scotty Bowman would come in right now and coach, the Habs would make the playoffs no problem. Seriously……………

48. we won 2 games in a row with Abby in goal, so i can’t blame him for starting him, but i would have pulled him after the first, it was quite clear he was off. that’s my only gripe about it. anyone would have been better than Abby tonight.

49. #49 IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE says:
    March 17, 2007 at 2:18 am

I’ve stopped watching week’s ago.
    Can we just fill the ice with crap and re-create the Richard riot if we lose tomorrow night?

I hate this team, coach and managment!
    I have invested to much time and money and have receieved nothing in return.

Tomorrow night LOSE + BELL CENTRE = DESTROYED!
    I will start the littering please follow my lead.

50. #50 nigelski says:
    March 17, 2007 at 7:38 am

I hear a lot of voices here calling for Leighton, and I agree, give him a shot. No one else seems to be getting the job done. But for any who have seen his meager career stats, I wouldn’t hang the mantle of ‘ Saviour’ around his neck just yet. It saddens me that we have a goalie of suspected high quality buried at Hamilton, a player who should have been given a chance to backup Huet this season from the start, a guy who makes 1 mil less than Aebischer.

Yann Danis. I’d be loathe to put the saviour tag on him either, especially with the team playing the way they have. But he deserved a shot more than Halak, and Leighton as well. Halak was selected because his #s were better, but his lack of experience and polish showed from the start. Something tells me he won’t get a legit shot next season either, as when this club gives up on a goalie in their system, he never gets another chance.

It’s too bad, because I saw him play in 05, and he looked ok. At the time, he was only demoted because Huet came back from injury, was making more cash, and was on a 1 way contract. Huet worked out well for the most part since he stole that role from Theodore, but i wish Danis had gotten a shot at the backup job instead of re-signing Aebisieve.