Habs and Sens: 5 games left

• The Canadiens travel down the road to play in Ottawa tonight. A place that hasn’t been so friendly to them as of late.

The big question is, how long can the Canadiens keep winning? With 5 consecutive wins, they are right in the thick of the race and even a 6th place finish is a possibility.

On the other hand, an 11th place finish is not too far fetched either.

How far can they push their current streak? 6 wins? 7 wins? More? You have to believe the Canadiens are aware of their situation, and will be ready to compete. The same way they have in their past five games.

This weekend will be tough one with Buffalo following tomorrow night in Montreal. A split this weekend and 2/4 points would probably be considered a good weekend.

But dealing the Senators and Sabres both a loss, would be pretty inspiring and confidence boosting heading into the post season.

1. #1 Higgy21 says:
    March 30, 2007 at 1:21 pm

Beat them both. This will be like a playoff game tonight and we all know how Ottawa fairs in the playoffs. As for Buffalo, we always compete well agianst them even when Abby is lettin gin every second shot. 2 for 2.

2. The Habs are on fire! Halak is hot! Koivu and Kovalev are playing well. The rookies are skating and hitting. The Canadiens currently have more to play for than either the Sens and the Sabres. I will guess the Habs get at least 3 points in the next two games just as long as Dawg doesn’t shave and/or bathe.

3. #3 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    March 30, 2007 at 1:31 pm

I should get game ticket behind the Ottawa net tonight. For two periods he will not see a thing. His eyes would be watering too much from da smell.

Ummmm. Smell of defeat or smell of Sick Rotten Carcass…

Yes, we have to come out with guns a blazing this weekend. When we take two games this weekend. It will surely frighten the shit out of the teams ahead of us……..GOG HABS GO………COME ON BOY’S.

4. #4 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    March 30, 2007 at 1:33 pm

See I stink so much I can’t see to type right.

5. #5 Joseph says:
    March 30, 2007 at 2:32 pm

I can see tonight’s events unfolding as follows:

- The Habs beat the Sens in overtime.
    - Carolina, with a last delusional gasp that they can make the top eight, will defeat Tampa in regulation.
    - The Isles fall to Buffalo, and in doing so, eliminate themselves from the playoff picture entirely.

Or at least that was what I saw in a dream last night.

6. These next two games will be huge and Montreal has to be ready to compete in both of them. The Habs have to treat these games as if they are playoff games and they have to come out with some fire and intensity. If the Canadiens can somehow win in Ottawa tonight, a place that has not been too friendly to them as of late, then that would be good for their confidence going into the game tomorrow against the Sabres. They have been playing well as of late so hopefully that can transfer over to the game tonight and tomorrow where they play the same way they have been playing lately. I hope the Canadiens can win both of the games but even a split and 2 or 3 out of a possible 4 points would be good as well. Go Habs Go!!

Ziman

7. #7 nigelski says:
    March 30, 2007 at 2:54 pm

Got my personalized jersey back from the cleaners today, and am on my way to the bar later to ruffle some leaf feathers. I’d do it to a sens fan or three, excepting the fact that I don’t know any. So I’ll just have to beat up on the leaf fans. None of them have my superior knowledge of all things NHL, so it’ll be like taking candy from a baby. That said, I’m recording the game to watch when I get home, and I will thus try to avoid seeing the score.

Yep, a tough weekend for the habs, but I got faith, mostly. My biggest worry is Carbo annointing Halak for the rest of the season. Not because Halak is bad or such. It’s just that every time Carbo names a #1 goalie lately, the guy gets shelled his next game. Just before Halak got these 5 in a row, he said Abbysieve was #1. Thank god he never stuck to his guns on THAT one…

8. #8 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    March 30, 2007 at 3:02 pm

Montreal has came to far to quit now. The playoffs are just a stones throw away. We can see it and smell it. We can almost touch it. It is so close. We have to jump over a few more hurdles to get there.

Pull out all the stops boys. Don’t stop that train until be have arrived at “Playoff Station”.

This train that we are on the is the non-stop express to the playoffs…

God help him who should get in the way………….YEAH BABY YEAH…………..

9. #9 Joseph says:
    March 30, 2007 at 3:15 pm

I agree that a split this weekend would be a success. Two or three points will probably be enough for the Habs to hold their place in eighth. But I’d rather they pull ahead enough to assure that their last game in Toronto isn’t a ‘do or die’ game. I don’t have a great feeling about that one. The Leafs are finding ways to win or earn points when they need to.

10. #10 nigelski says:
    March 30, 2007 at 4:02 pm

Much as it irks me to believe it, I’m thinkin’ the same thing, Joseph. We can’t give those pukes any breathing room on us. we have to win as many as possible…

11. #11 Joseph says:
    March 30, 2007 at 4:20 pm

Quite honestly, I wouldn’t care of their last game was against the Flyers – they shouldn’t leave anything to chance. Secure that playoff spot now, and leave that final game as being little more than a playoff tune-up, and possibly a battle for positioning.

12. #13 R habs 4 real says:
    March 30, 2007 at 6:09 pm

I like the habs song. i hope it gets played alot Saturday and Tuesday night!
    also, the habs should feel at home in Ottawa, because they have lots of fans there too. You know they come from Hull, Quebec, right across the bridge. I hope they they make lots of noise for the habs tonight.

13. #14 Duff says:
    March 30, 2007 at 6:49 pm

You know they come from Hull, Quebec,

There’s no such place anymore.The people there decided to change the name.
    It was embarassing enough to live in the armpit of the country let alone being told to “go to Hull”.Your province has the dumbest names for places such as Turdso,Lac de Tose,and Habsshitcootieville!!!1

Habs suck and leafs blow…shave your girlfriends moustaches before the game…

14. #15 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    March 30, 2007 at 7:22 pm

Hey Duff lick my stinky balls will ya.. Come back around 9:00pm tonight when your Sens are get their Asses kicked………..GO HABS GO.

Don’t start something boy that you can’t fiinish.

15. #16 nigelski says:
    March 30, 2007 at 7:31 pm

Duff is a fan of …? who cares. What a stiff. If you came here to talk smack about the habs, at least talk about the habs. What’s next, a lame poutine and pepsi crack? Beat it, lameoid. Men are talking here, not boys.

16. #17 Duff says:
    March 30, 2007 at 7:33 pm

Hey we got Leaf nation on our side tonight….are you from Lac Stinky Balls? I hear the women are almost as good looking as the deer there.

17. #18 nigelski says:
    March 30, 2007 at 7:36 pm

Actually, I’m from Toronto. Leaf Nation on your side? I’m sure that’s comforting.

Your sportsnet announcers suck. Just listening to them now, I think I’ll switch to the french broadcast–at least they know what they are talking about.

18. #19 Duff says:
    March 30, 2007 at 7:39 pm

A Habs fan from Toronto? You must be a cross dresser.

19. #20 nigelski says:
    March 30, 2007 at 7:43 pm

Are you coming on to me Duff? I don’t swing that way: you’ll have to live with the subsequent dissapointment you must now have…

Perhaps it’ not just cross dressers you like though. What was that you said about deer? Let’s see… animals, cross dressers, and probably fags too. That’s quite the resume you have there. Are all people from ottawa so prolific?

20. N I I N I M A A ???

21. #22 Duff says:
    March 30, 2007 at 7:49 pm

This is a good practice game for the Sens .Montreal is almost good enough to be a minor league team.

22. AAH maybe we should put HUET in ,fu@KIN cO@SU@kI&@ MoTHERFU@KIN&,EH !

23. Hey Duff,go back too sucking ass, idiot !!!

24. #25 nigelski says:
    March 30, 2007 at 8:00 pm

Huet never passed a physical, and won’t be re-evaluated until monday. And Duff: We’ll spot you 2 goals like we’ve been doing lately, not to worry. Cause we can.

2-1 now. Perhaps you should go cuddle up to one of your leaf fan buddies for mutual support.

25. Say hello to my little friend SOURAY, CHOKE ON IT MUFF!!!

26. #27 Duff says:
    March 30, 2007 at 8:09 pm

You can put your teeth back in Tribaby ,I’m done with your mouth.

27. #28 R habs 4 real says:
    March 30, 2007 at 8:19 pm

Can someone please explain to me, why this team NEVER shows up in the 1st period, of ANY GAME? And why do they ONLY START PLAYING,when we are 2 goals down? And why, in such an important game, don’t they skate, or check?
    There is absolutely NO CHECKING BY THE HABS! They are letting Ottawa come out, untouched? IS THIS THE TYPE OF PRACTICES CARBO HAS BEEN RUNNING ALL WEEK?
    CARBO should have taken a timeout, when we were only 1 goal down.
    His inexperience is showing!
    Guys, we must have more than 1 SWISS player. WE MUST! that would explain why our D looks like SWISS CHEESE!

28. #29 R habs 4 real says:
    March 30, 2007 at 8:21 pm

I’m sorry for my rants, but this “NO SHOW” in the 1st period of every game, is getting VERY VERY OLD! not to mention FRUSTRATING AS HELL!

29. #30 Duff says:
    March 30, 2007 at 8:24 pm

Every team trades their slowest player to the Habs.They’re too slow to realize the conspiracy….just like tricolouringbook.

30. #31 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    March 30, 2007 at 8:26 pm

Another period where the habs did not show up. You Hab fans seem to know alot about hockey and the Habs. Tell me. Why in the F_ck does Montreal do this every single F_cking first period? Why F_cking Why?

I’m Pissed. F_ck this shit. I’m going to take along hot shower. My wife needs me more than thi Habd team does.

I’m comming honey just as soon as i take a nice shower..

F_ck I’m pissed………..

31. #32 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    March 30, 2007 at 8:28 pm

I’m so pissed that I can’t type………F_CK. F_CK, F_CK..

32. #33 Joseph says:
    March 30, 2007 at 8:29 pm

Judging by what Duff has expressed here, I’d say he’s about fourteen years old. And if he’s not, then he should be ashamed of himself.

Good start, Habs. You’ve had plenty of rest. You knew the importance of these back-to-back games. So what’s your excuse for this poor start? Maddening.

They can’t go thinking that they can get in the habit of spotting two goal leads and then come back and win all the time now. After all, Ottawa is slightly better than the Rangers. They won’t win anything again this season – the big boys in the East will take care of them – but they are a slightly better team.

So, let’s go Habs.

33. #34 Duff says:
    March 30, 2007 at 8:31 pm

If you f_ck like you type then your wife will do it without u.

34. #35 Joseph says:
    March 30, 2007 at 8:38 pm

It looks like the Isles are bein taken out of the equation. That’s good.

I don’t know who should win the Canes/Tampa game if the Habs lose this one. I almost want Tampa to win if that scenario plays out.

35. #36 R habs 4 real says:
    March 30, 2007 at 8:47 pm

Tonight’s games is: MEN(Ottawa) vs BOYS(Habs)! There is something very wrong with the habs! They’re playing like they DON’T WANT TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!
    No desire or effort from them! Pathetic!

36. #37 Joseph says:
    March 30, 2007 at 8:57 pm

Montreal has been so unpredictable this year. One never knows which Habs team is going to show up from one night to the next.

That being said, regardless of the outcome of tonight’s game, if the ‘determined’ Habs team shows up tomorrow night and beats Buffalo, then they’re still ahead of the game.

37. #38 Joseph says:
    March 30, 2007 at 9:14 pm

All the makings of a three-point game in Carolina tonight…

38. #39 OncEaHaB says:
    March 30, 2007 at 9:16 pm

Well boys, not the best forty minutes so far, but the game isn’t over yet, and we’ve seen this team come out from an intermission and completely turn the game around, so don’t give up hope just yet…

Turn it around Habs, you still have twenty minutes.

GO HABS GO!

39. #40 R habs 4 real says:
    March 30, 2007 at 9:16 pm

Actually, the habs are VERY PREDICTABLE! We know that they NEVER EVER SHOW UP IN THE 1st PERIOD ! And we know they NEVER SHOW UP FOR IMPORTANT GAMES!
    That’s the trademark of this year’s team! And you know who’s fault that is?
    CARBO! For not preparing or motivating his team!
    Like I keep on saying, “THERE IS SOMETHING VERY WRONG INTERNALLY WITH THE HABS”!
    I have never seen , over the course of a complete season, a habs team to NOT SHOW UP FOR SO MANY GAMES! Right now, they look like the same team from January and February. Nothing has changed! If they would only skate and check, and play with heart, they could have beaten Ottawa, but instead they prefer to take the lazy and selfish way out!

40. #41 OncEaHaB says:
    March 30, 2007 at 9:19 pm

Easy chicken little, fat lady isn’t singing yet

41. #42 R habs 4 real says:
    March 30, 2007 at 9:20 pm

If the habs luck out and make the playoffs, it won’t be because of their great play. It will be, because other contending teams are losing, and the habs will BACK IN! Toronto is much better than us! There is no doubt in my mind they will beat us next Saturday, and probably finish ahead of us!

42. #43 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    March 30, 2007 at 9:21 pm

The Habs blew a 5 on 3 & a 4 minute straight powerplay. They will not come back a win this game that is a 100% given. It is not to be.

Well it was to good to be true to win 6 in a row and show everyone that we mean bussiness.

It was fun while it lasted. I do not have much hope for the game Saturday night. Montreal will probally loose 3 in a row now. It is very dishearting. They should have came out tonight on fire. But like every 1st period they came out with lead in thier pants.

Well tonight is not a total loss. I had a nice refreshing shower. I am clean, I smell good, I feel good. My wife came back and I got my job back.

Where was my head to put the Habs ahead of my family. I was foolish.

43. #44 OncEaHaB says:
    March 30, 2007 at 9:22 pm

Ok, blasphemer, time to go back to a Laffs blog

44. #45 OncEaHaB says:
    March 30, 2007 at 9:26 pm

Its really sad how quickly some people will turn on their team just because they aren’t perfect… Its too bad you guys are so quick to give up on the team… Its a wonder why the Habs fall apart, when some of their fans give up on them over a period. I realize we all want our team to do well and play like they’re on fire every night, but proclaiming the apocalypse so soon is just a joke.

45. #46 OncEaHaB says:
    March 30, 2007 at 9:31 pm

GOALLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That one was for the true-believers!!!!

Eat that Ottawa!

GO HABS GO!

46. OOOOOH YEAHHHHH BBBBBABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

47. #48 Duff says:
    March 30, 2007 at 9:32 pm

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The Habs Scored. I guess they’ll have more fans now.

48. #49 Duff says:
    March 30, 2007 at 9:37 pm

OH RAY OH RAY OHRAYOHRAY OH RAY OH RAY OHRAYOHRAY

49. #50 OncEaHaB says:
    March 30, 2007 at 9:40 pm

Duff??? What the f_ck is that? The best you could come up with was some imaginary beer! Wow, can I be like you? Go back to the sh!ttiest town in the country loser.