Habs / Bruins: Game 3

• The Habs can take a stranglehold on the series with a win tonight in Boston.

1. #1 Joseph says:
    April 13, 2008 at 11:27 pm

Ya, we’d all love to see this series go 7 games.

April 13, 2008 at 11:29 pm

No I would love to see us win it at home .. but in 5 is fine lol

3. #3 Senet 1 says:
    April 13, 2008 at 11:29 pm

hablifer, blog #53 if you have only been watching games for 40 years you are about 15 year short of my experience watching the habs, I know that may date me a little but I have only had one team and that has been the habs since I was old enought to put a pair of skates (5).

If you have been watching games for that long you will remember that the team that won four in five years in teh sixties and four in a row in the seventies were not physical teams. They were speed teams that had two or three touch forward and a very strong defence. In the sixties we had harper and lapperiere and in the seventies we had Robertson and Lapointe.

I agree we could use a physical forward who can score important goals, someone like John Leclair or Yvon Lambert.
    We also had buys like Lafleur, Shutt and Lemaire none of which played a physical game.

We had our shut down lines line Gainey and Carbo neither played agressively rough but both played a strong defensive game, Gainey a little more physical than Carbo

4. #4 Ice Man says:
    April 13, 2008 at 11:37 pm

REGULAR SEASON: Montreal #1 Power Play. Not in the Playoffs…

REGULAR SEASON: Montreal #1 in goals scored. Not in the Playoffs.

REGULAR SEASON: Montreal One of the best road teams. Not in the Playoffs.

Not one Regular season statistic followed Montreal into the Playoffs.

Yeah, yeah it is only 3 games into it.

It is true that the Playoffs is a whole new Season.

The Regular Season was Oustanding. The second season is starting to SUCK

5. Senet 1, is it true the skate blade was made of slate way back when?lol ,just jolking Habs bro…..

6. #6 hablifer says:
    April 13, 2008 at 11:41 pm

but the game has changed, and we don’t have 3 scoring lines like we had in the 70′s. And you can’t compare Lafleur to Kovalev. Lafleur had heart. also they were ALL FENCH CANADIANS not Euros. Euros don’t win cups, except in Europe.
    Different era, and those hab teams had so much more talent, and a shut down line, which we don’t have now.

7. All I can tell you all is Koivu is ready to go APESHIT ON THE BRUINS,YOU CAN SEE IT IN HIS EYE’S !!!

April 13, 2008 at 11:46 pm

Habsattack aka habslifer lol this guy is a doomsday caller … has been all year , we might loose yep we might but this guy wants us to loose , he says it all the time, he gets told to go away where ever he posts …

9. #9 Senet 1 says:
    April 13, 2008 at 11:49 pm

76 Xtrahabsfan d

Latendress and Dandy don’t play well together and I for one would rather have Lat’s playing the Bruins just for his size.

I would rather have Lat’s playing too unfortunately he is not playing, Dandy has played steady and did score a goal in the first game as I recall. One of the main reasons he is in the lineup is because if we have a defenceman go down or if we get into penalty trouble he can fill in back on the blueline. Dandy is not hurting us and he it is more benificial to have him in the line up until our defence gets healtier.

I would sit Lat’s out a game to see if it puts some fire under him.

10. #10 Senet 1 says:
    April 13, 2008 at 11:50 pm

Xtrahabsfan, no problem it actually is refreshing to know that there is someone else in the blog that is over 45.

11. YO MY MAIN MAN SENET 1,

12. I think the Bruins are going to come out gangster style after tonite,time to put them out !

13. #13 Senet 1 says:
    April 14, 2008 at 12:02 am

hablifer. I agree that the game has changed somewhat from the seventies, however, back then there were very few speed teams and a lot more tough teams. I would agree that I would rather have canadian boys on my team than Euros. But times have changed and unfortuately there just are enough of us canadian boys out there to stock this entire league. That is why we need leadership from the veterans. Gainey has drafted fairly well and built this team to point that we have a lot of good young players, I was hoping that Lats would be our power forward but he seems to be slow in developing. Maybe next year he comes into his own. But to me he had not progressed, he probably should have stayed down in Junior one more year and then a year in the minors.

I think the difference is that LaFLEUR’S heart would beat every game at a high rate whereas Kovy’s seems to beat at various different ways depending on how he feels. He has the talent but the passion just does not seem to be there at times. Lafleur always seemed to find a way to score, Kovalev doesn’t.

14. Senet 1, you catch the 101 year old marathon runner in Britain that smokes 14 cigs and drinks 10 beer a day….what’s old? lol………

15. #15 Senet 1 says:
    April 14, 2008 at 12:08 am

Yes you right there, I stopped smoking the cigars but the beer sounds good. I still enjoy talking about our habs and I am looking forward to the day we raise the cup again, and I really like having guys to talk to about the habs,

16. #16 Senet 1 says:
    April 14, 2008 at 12:09 am

Xtrahabsfan, not sure I could catch the 101 year old runner though?

17. #17 Senet 1 says:
    April 14, 2008 at 12:13 am

Well I guess all the young guys went to bed so I better get my rest too.

18. #18 hablifer says:
    April 14, 2008 at 12:20 am

agree Senet 1 about Latendresse. I think it was a mistake keeping him up with the habs this year. needs more seasoning in Hamilton. But I’m not sure if we have the right type of players(goes to the wall every night), as far as grit and motivation to win it all. Anyways time will tell. I think the cup just doesn’t mean as much to a player from Europe, as a good old canadian kid.

19. #19 Joseph says:
    April 14, 2008 at 12:47 am

Calgary’s got grit. That’s all I’m saying.

20. Oh well guys, I guess montreal has to win in 5. Don’t worry. Guy Carbonnaeu can wake them up.

21. #21 Ice Man says:
    April 14, 2008 at 7:40 am

There is no way that Boston should have got back into this Series PERIOD.

You may think that I am a calm guy. But I hate to lose to a Weak Team. So it is the Playoffs teams take it up a notch. Boston took it up a notch. So. Big deal. Montreal can take it up one too.

I can accept losing a game or two or three to the Pens, Rangers or Jersey but not Boston. We owned them all year and should last night & the night before that.

Last night it should have been OVER. The lid of the Coffin closed and Tuesday the final nail to seal it shut……

There is no room for this Horse Shit Montreal, no room.. The Habs need to go for the throat every game And they have the players to do it if they want. IF is the key word. Pissed. Your GD right I am.

22. #22 Chris says:
    April 14, 2008 at 7:55 am

Hello all….

Ok so we lost in O.T last night, give a little false hope to the Bruins :) I am actually kind of glad Boston won at least one game in this series, if we would have swept them we might have had a few extra days off, and the rest might have hurt us.

Here are my playoff predictions after week one…..

Habs vs. Bruins- Habs in 6
    Pens vs. Sens- Pens in 5
    Caps vs. Flyers- Philly in 7
    Devils vs. Rangers- Rangers in 6

Wings vs. Preds- Wings in 5
    Sharks vs. Flames- Sharks in 7
    Wild vs. Avs- Wild in 7
    Ducks vs. Stars- Stars in 6

From this picture we will see our Habs beating up Philly in round 2 (they will be too tired after the Ovechkin explosion) and the Rangers against the Pens which will be a good series, however the Rangers playoff experience in Shanahan and Jagr will beat the Pens in 6 games especially with how good Lundquivst is. That will set the tone for Rangers and Habs in conference final which would be up for grabs…goalie dual.

In the west we have the Wings moving on to Dallas which is up for grabs….and also the Wild and Sharks. I say the Sharks are going to be battered and bruised by the time of round two and we could see Minnesota steal it from them, unless Nabakov shows up like he did in game two against Calgary.

Lets see how it plays out

23. #23 Ice Man says:
    April 14, 2008 at 8:57 am

I bet that Cherry and Cole had HARD ON’S after last night Boston win.

24. #24 Chris says:
    April 14, 2008 at 9:41 am

Man dont you hate how Anti-Hab Bob Cole is!!! I mean his play by play is horrid and is all over any Montreal Mistake while he praises any glimmer of positives on the Bruins…makes me sick!

Perhaps if they Canadiens go far enough in the Playoffs Cole will not be able to take it and finally retire! Get Jim Hughson in there for the prime time HNIC slot bring life back to the comentating

25. #25 patrick says:
    April 14, 2008 at 11:19 am

Wow this site is even more of a waste of time then the last time I checked in on it. ICE MAN you are the biggest flip floppin loser of them all, the amount of times this year you’ve jumped on and off the band wagon is pathetic, time to take the flag off your car? good I would hate to be associated with you, go back to increasing your neck size!

26. #26 patrick says:
    April 14, 2008 at 11:23 am

Don Carnage is cool though, a die harder!

27. #27 Ice Man says:
    April 14, 2008 at 11:34 am

Hi patrick.

How are you doing? Thank you for those kind words. I don’t think that I am alone in my comments. I am sorry I can’t have your bright outlook.

As always my friend it is nice to hear from yopu again.

You take care & don’t be a stranger OK.

Have a nice day Pat.

28. #28 hablifer says:
    April 14, 2008 at 11:35 am

CARNAGE bashes everyone on this site who DOESN’T agree with him. he’s showing his true nature, very ignorant, and obviously very insecure, if he feels the need to bash everyone who disagrees. This is a forum for OPINIONS, RIGHT OR WRONG! Do you get that jerk?
    Oh, BTW, I’m going to continue voicing my opinion, no matter what!
    Get a life!

29. #29 Ice Man says:
    April 14, 2008 at 12:00 pm

I got hardly any sleep last night. Every time I closed my eyes I could see that Boston OT Goal and the smug look on Savard’s face over and over again.

I can’t believe how Price was hung out to dry on every goal Boston scored in this series. It seem the D-Men are no where to be seen.

No one in any Habs blog has commented on how the D-men were responsible for all of the goals on Price.

But look out if Price should let in a week Goal (I hope to my dear Lord it does not). But yes it will happed eventually. He will be run out of town.

30. #30 hablifer says:
    April 14, 2008 at 12:06 pm

I don’t think Markov and Streit are playing well, and they’re not hitting anyone. Our defence needs to stand up at the blueline, because the bruins are being allowed to skate in and set up. We need more mental and physical toughness. Playing Brisecrap won’t help that. I guess Carbo does put friendship before the team!

31. Wow, years running this site and the fairweather fans still surprise me… I don’t knwo why…

Even after winning 13 straight against the Bruins… I guess you all thought the Canadiens would win every game against the Bruins for the rest of time?..

They lost 2-1, in overtime, on the road, in THE STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS…C’mon people….it’s no cakewalk, 1st vs 8th or not…it’s the NHL…the Bruins are there for a reason..and it’s a 7 game series for a reason…

32. #32 Ice Man says:
    April 14, 2008 at 12:10 pm

I can forgive the D-Men for being the cause of one or two goals, But all of them.

33. #33 habs4life says:
    April 14, 2008 at 12:12 pm

Hey, Ice Man. Happy to know that I was not alone frustrated last night.

Habs had D-men problems in Game 2 and 3. Too many easy shots on Carey Price!!!

Hope to see Francis Bouillon in Game 4 who is urgently needed!

Hope to see game 1 style physical checking in Game 4!

34. #34 Chris says:
    April 14, 2008 at 12:13 pm

Wow you play hockey to score goals it is going to happen. He only let in two goals last night…and the guys were tired from having to travel palying the night before.
    Boston made a good play in our end on a defensive mistake. Take a look at the leaders in save percentage and goals against in the playoffs, Price is among the Leaders. Have no fear we will beat Boston in 6.

April 14, 2008 at 12:20 pm

Well said HB. Its a long way to the cup and there will be ups and downs. You cant win them all. GO HABS GO

36. #36 hablifer says:
    April 14, 2008 at 12:22 pm

why not the habs in 5?

37. #37 Ice Man says:
    April 14, 2008 at 12:24 pm

Every Goal Boston scored was because of a defensive mistake !!!

habs4life: Yes we both get fustrated and we are not Ashamed or Afraid to show it right.

Many of the Cool Habs Fans in here probally called in sick today cause their hand were probally to sore from punching tv’s, walls, doors etc.

38. Every single goal ever scored, in any game, ever, is a Defensive mistake.

39. #39 Tony from NB says:
    April 14, 2008 at 12:29 pm

Ok folks…it’s only one game that probably should have ended with a Habs goal in OT long before Savard found the net. Thomas ( the loser that everyone on this blog claims he his ) made some terrific stops. So, don’t kill you young…

Two questions that I made reference in the Game 1 blog:

1. Skill and Speed should not be an issue with the Habs, but leadership is. Therefore, is Kovalev the voice needed in the locker room between periods? He is wearing the “C” lately.

2. Where is the grit needed to win this round, and more importantly the next few rounds? I saw grit out of Calgary last night….I saw grit out of the Pens.

If like most of you claim (especially after Game 1) that this edition of the Habs will get to the Finals, then who will be called upon (especially up front) to bash & bang the opposition.

Just a thought on your way to #25.

Tony (an intelligent bruins and hockey fan)

40. #40 Ice Man says:
    April 14, 2008 at 12:35 pm

So Habs Blog:

A shot is taken from the blue line and the Goalie has a clear view of the puck, but the puck goes in. So it is a Defensive mistake?

The puck is shot hard down the ice during a Penality kill between the two D-men who clear did not have a chance to stop it. The Goalie lest the puck go in. So it is a Defensive mistake?

Shall I go on………

41. #41 Ice Man says:
    April 14, 2008 at 12:44 pm

The Montreal Fans have more grit than any player on the team. The Fans have no trouble mixing it up in the stands or out side of the Arena.

Talk about no Grit. Price has been Ran at a few times in the past 9 games. Not once did any player come to his aid. Price had his helmet ripped off not one player did anything. If your Goalie is ran, heads should roll. But in Montreal.

NO GRIT AND GUTS = NO STANLEY CUP.

42. #42 Chris says:
    April 14, 2008 at 1:30 pm

lol you idiots on this blog make me pee in my pants with hilarity! Boston scored on a good play in OT last night and Savard was dude to score. Bottom line is we will win the series. I think you are taking things a little far with what you said about Price being run, and no his helment did not come off, that was Brodeur buddy.

Kotstopolous had one hell of a black eye for a team that is not gritty….oh and was that Markow fighting in the last game, yep yep it was…i also suppose that wasnt Hamrlik on the Habs running Chara through the boards all over game one….
    Guys get your facts styaright before you make comments out here, otherwise do not make them. We can hold our own a hell of a lot mroe than most teams out there. Granted we are missing our Leadership presence in Koivu, but he will be back to start the second round. Chilax everyone it is still early.

And for the record, anytime anyone gets near price, there is always a scrum after the play….prove me wrong ….iditos, watch the highlight reels again

43. #43 hablifer says:
    April 14, 2008 at 1:48 pm

word is, Koivu will try to skate Tuesday or Wednesday. hope he plays on Thursday. We need him badly

44. #44 habs4life says:
    April 14, 2008 at 1:51 pm

Those B fans just have no place to cheer their team.

Habs Blog, maybe you could create a link under your domain for those B fans, such as http://www.habsblog.com/BRUINS_FIRST_ROUND_PLAYOFF_ONLY_GAME_1-5_2007-2008/THATSIT/ (Habs fans, don’t click this link) :) :):)

45. Don’t worry guys. The habs almost won that one. What’s so wrong about a 4-1 series. theres no way montreal is going to lose another one. They’re are winning tomorrow 5-2 and killing them 6-1 on Thursday in Montreal.

46. by the way, any word on Koivu/Boullion?

47. lol nvm ,thanks Hablifer. When Koivu does come back. No one will be able to stop us. even if he doesn’t get points everyone needs him!!!!

48. #48 habs4life says:
    April 14, 2008 at 3:33 pm

PAT HICKEY, The Gazette

Koivu is entering his third week of recovery. He’s on target to try skating later in the week but the Canadiens won’t rush his return to action.

Canadiens coach Guy Carbonneau said if the team were facing a Game 7, Koivu and defenceman Francis Bouillon (bruised ankle) would probably attempt to play.

“We’re not there yet,” said Carbonneau. “We want to give them time to heal 100 per cent and make sure that when they come back, it’s for the long run and not just for one game.”

49. #49 rgillis says:
    April 14, 2008 at 4:05 pm

That was a really bad game, probably one of the worst games that the habs have played in a long long time. They came out flat, not moving their legs doing alot of things wrong.

But it really is only one game out of 7, we are still in the drivers seat here, win next game and go back home winning 3 gmaes to 1, i am liking those odds.

We are not going to win every game, but we have to have confidence and know that we will bounce back and show Boston what type of team we are.

50. #50 marklovesthehabs says:
    April 14, 2008 at 4:26 pm

Guys-the Habs will win this series in 5-6. Boston has to play to 100% of their ability to win whereas the Habs win on 75% effort. Problem is the last 2 games Habs had 60% effort. Plekanec, Higgins and Ryder have to start scoring. We have Carey Price-that means we’re in every game.