Habs / Bruins: Game 4

• So that ridiculous winning streak has finally ended at 13 games. The Bruins were due and they finally got a victory against the Canadiens at the most important time.

The Habs lost on the ROAD, by one goal, in overtime, with an extra attacker on the ice. In a back to back 24 hour game in which the Canadiens rarely play well in.

The Canadiens had quality scoring chances in overtime prior to the Bruins winner. Tim Thomas finally did what he did to other teams all season against the Canadiens.

Was it really such a terrible loss? Were the Canadiens supposed to beat the Bruins every game for the rest of time?

The Canadiens still hold a 2-1 series lead. Panic time? Not yet.

The Bruins got their first lead (all year) and got to play their style of game. Most impressive is they have managed to almost completely neutralize the Canadiens powerplay which has been the difference for the Canadiens this season.

Claude Julien and the Bruins made adjustments. Now it’s the Canadiens turn to adjust and come out with another win, or risk starting all over knotted at 2 games a piece.

1. #1 Joseph says:
    April 15, 2008 at 2:20 pm

I would only add that the Bruins were playing desperate hockey with their backs against the wall. Let’s face it, it was either win or go home for them in Game 3, and they were fairly lucky to get the win to stay alive. Nashville did the same thing against Detroit last night, but I seriously doubt that Wings fans are pressing the panic button already.

2. #2 habs4life says:
    April 15, 2008 at 2:38 pm

I desperately expect Habs to play the SAME physical game as Game 1.

Coach, don’t save anything for next games, use evey resource you can in THIS GAME!!!

We need the morale! We need the momentum! We need the PP! We need the speed!!!

3. #3 Ice Man says:
    April 15, 2008 at 3:04 pm

Look out Bruins.

The Habs will pound the Briuns tonight. There will be Bear Shit all over the ice tonight Baby. It will be a real Stinkfest.

Boston’s hope are up after their biggest win in Decades. Only for their hopes to be dashed again tonight in their own back yard.

Lets got Boys.

4. #4 JohnS says:
    April 15, 2008 at 3:40 pm

I am switching up my line up tonight! Going back to RDS after watching the last 3 on CBC.

Just cant stomach listening to Bob Cole for one more game.

Lol and I dont even speak french but I am starting to pick up bits and pieces after watching RDS all season.

Thought this was a fantastic open letter to the CBC.

I hope we run the Bruins out of the rink tonight.

GO HABS GO

April 15, 2008 at 4:06 pm

Bruins gave us everything they had in the last game. The habs have not really even showed up yet in this series. I think tonight will be a different story. Bring your best boston and we wil bring ours GO HABS GO

6. #6 Devbran says:
    April 15, 2008 at 6:28 pm

Hab Fans should be very worried tonight! Boston 4-1 prediction. Lucic is a Man on a Mission!!!

7. OLE OLE OLE….OLE OLE OLE……..OLE OLE OLE……..

8. #8 Ice Man says:
    April 15, 2008 at 6:48 pm

Just a few mins. to game time. My Stomach is in knots.

Do us proud Carey.

Do us proud Boys.

Go out and kick some Bruin ASS……………

9. #9 Ice Man says:
    April 15, 2008 at 6:58 pm

Devbran.

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN DUDE.

Boston got their only win this year against the Habs my Friend.

10. #10 rhabs4real says:
    April 15, 2008 at 6:58 pm

O’Byrne is in, and Ryder is out. a bit surprised. I thought Dandy would be out,
    but more muscle will definitely help.

11. #11 Ice Man says:
    April 15, 2008 at 7:03 pm

Benching Ryder…

I really HATE CARBO right now.

He is truly a Major JACKASS…..

12. #12 dylan habbinator says:
    April 15, 2008 at 7:15 pm

lessss go habsssssss

13. I miss Ryder scoring goals,what happened to that guy?????

April 15, 2008 at 7:35 pm

Ryder is not 100% , we need to switch things up, The coach does his job, where is the faith ?

15. I think Stewart should of replaced Dandy for Sure now!

April 15, 2008 at 7:53 pm

Dandy has 3 rings , Stewart has never played a playoff match, its tough to make the call.. Dandy tends to score some clutch goals and is good two ways … but I liked what I saw of Stewart against the leafs

17. #17 Devbran says:
    April 15, 2008 at 7:56 pm

Lucic was ready to go with Komiserek with one hand tied behind his back! Guess Plecanec isn’t the only girl playing for les blues, blanc at rouge

April 15, 2008 at 7:57 pm

You wish … go troll somewhere else looser

19. #19 Devbran says:
    April 15, 2008 at 7:57 pm

Soooo glad they benched Ryder! He and Kovalev are the only guys who scare us!

20. #20 Senet 1 says:
    April 15, 2008 at 7:58 pm

Well as long as they have Streit up at the forward position then the could sit Dandy and bring in Stewart.

We look a little better tonight but we are still giving up too much in our own end. I say start shooting the puck at the point on the power play if we hit a few of the guys with the slap shot maybe they will back off a little. The are not going to block the shot every time and if you put the puck on the net good things happen.

21. #21 Devbran says:
    April 15, 2008 at 7:58 pm

Don it’s not looser you LOSER!!!!!

April 15, 2008 at 7:59 pm

There is no panic thats for sure, we just need to play our style of game, use speed and good things will happen.

23. #23 Senet 1 says:
    April 15, 2008 at 8:00 pm

Ryder will be back in the line up next game and watch how good he plays. There are two or three of these guys who need to have a fire lit under them. Lats need it too.

April 15, 2008 at 8:00 pm

In your case its LOOOOOOOOOOOSERRRRRRRR

April 15, 2008 at 8:00 pm

Yes sometimes you need to rattle cages ….

26. #26 JohnS says:
    April 15, 2008 at 8:01 pm

I agree Stewart should have been given a chance tonight.

We need more grit in the lineup.

Not a bad first period but (and I know its cliche) our best players need to be our best players tonight.

April 15, 2008 at 8:02 pm

It was funny as hell when Komi was goating the goon , making like a chimp with arms hanging down !! LOLOL

28. #28 Devbran says:
    April 15, 2008 at 8:04 pm

The Goon! Best power forward in the series! Would the Habs find a place for him in their line up?

April 15, 2008 at 8:06 pm

We will see who is best at the sned of the series , but sure he is a good player, I have no problems giving credit for his skills, he still looked stupid on his face after Komi put him down and made fun of him …

April 15, 2008 at 8:10 pm

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!! Komi laid him out

31. #31 Devbran says:
    April 15, 2008 at 8:11 pm

I didn’t like Lucic taking himself out of the play goading Komi either! Love the rivalry!

April 15, 2008 at 8:13 pm

The kind of game Komi loves … He will lay him out again too!!!

33. #33 dylan habbinator says:
    April 15, 2008 at 8:37 pm

GOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ET LU BUTTTTTTT

34. #34 dylan habbinator says:
    April 15, 2008 at 8:38 pm

a penalty to start the 3rd damnaition

April 15, 2008 at 8:42 pm

Brisebois making me look good my man , I have defended him this series and he has 3 points now, Thanks Pat its my B-Day today and he scored a huge goal !!

36. It looks like Bris is the new SOURAY!!!Nice shot….

37. #37 dylan habbinator says:
    April 15, 2008 at 8:44 pm

pffft souray is nothing compared to bris

38. #38 Senet 1 says:
    April 15, 2008 at 8:45 pm

Well I guess it was a good thing that Carbo didn’t sit Brisebois. Right place right time.

39. #39 dylan habbinator says:
    April 15, 2008 at 8:46 pm

true dat senet

40. Happpy Birthday Don Carnage,Habs are going to win for sure!!!!

41. #41 Senet 1 says:
    April 15, 2008 at 8:47 pm

Komi is looking stronger in this game and becoming a little more dominate. Glad to see he is getting back to form.

42. #42 Senet 1 says:
    April 15, 2008 at 8:50 pm

Our D is looking better this game, I am concerned that our forwards are trying to be too fancy with the puck. Shoot, Shoot Shoot.

April 15, 2008 at 8:50 pm

Thanks for the B-day wishes …. and yes my Habs will win this one

44. #44 Senet 1 says:
    April 15, 2008 at 8:51 pm

Don have a good one, hope the habs make that way.

45. #45 Joseph says:
    April 15, 2008 at 8:51 pm

Once again, the playoffs are a vastly different story than the regular season. They need to up their intensity to match that of Boston’s. They’re not using their speed, they’re failing to get shots through to the net more often than not and they’re making some soft plays on the puck in the offensive zone. What’s it going to take to wake this team up? They need to be better than this.

By the way, why would Begin trip someone in the neutral zone with 1 f**king second remaining in the period? Brain death? You betcha.

As much as I like him, Huet is getting lit up by Philly once again. And the much feared Washington is lucky to have won one game thus far.

46. #46 dylan habbinator says:
    April 15, 2008 at 8:53 pm

joseph im sorry the score doesnt reflect anyhting ur sayin…. we are winning bud

April 15, 2008 at 8:53 pm

I had a feeling Huet would start to let um pass, thanks again for the b-day wishes

48. #48 Joseph says:
    April 15, 2008 at 8:55 pm

We are winning 1-0 because Carey ‘Stonewall’ Price is in nets. That’s a fact.

But don’t get me wrong, I’m glad we’re up. We simply need to be better if we’re going to beat teams that are better than Boston.

49. #49 Joseph says:
    April 15, 2008 at 8:56 pm

Happy Birthday, Don Carnage.

April 15, 2008 at 8:58 pm

In the playoffs is hard to say who is better, its about the style of play