Habs / Bruins: Game 4

• So that ridiculous winning streak has finally ended at 13 games. The Bruins were due and they finally got a victory against the Canadiens at the most important time.

The Habs lost on the ROAD, by one goal, in overtime, with an extra attacker on the ice. In a back to back 24 hour game in which the Canadiens rarely play well in.

The Canadiens had quality scoring chances in overtime prior to the Bruins winner. Tim Thomas finally did what he did to other teams all season against the Canadiens.

Was it really such a terrible loss? Were the Canadiens supposed to beat the Bruins every game for the rest of time?

The Canadiens still hold a 2-1 series lead. Panic time? Not yet.

The Bruins got their first lead (all year) and got to play their style of game. Most impressive is they have managed to almost completely neutralize the Canadiens powerplay which has been the difference for the Canadiens this season.

Claude Julien and the Bruins made adjustments. Now it’s the Canadiens turn to adjust and come out with another win, or risk starting all over knotted at 2 games a piece.

April 15, 2008 at 8:59 pm

Thanks again for the wishes

2. #2 Joseph says:
    April 15, 2008 at 9:01 pm

I agree with that sentiment. That’s why trapping teams like Florida could beat the highly potent Penguins in 1996. I just think that intensity wins games in the playoffs. With intensity, good things happen.

April 15, 2008 at 9:20 pm

“intensity wins games in the playoffs”

Yes without a doubt !

4. #4 James says:
    April 15, 2008 at 9:28 pm

We got it done tonight. Couple of tense moments at the end, but we got it done.

5. close one ,ole ole ole………..

April 15, 2008 at 9:30 pm

11 Ice Man
    Posted on April 15th, 2008 at 7:03 pm. About ‘Habs / Bruins: Game 4′.

Benching Ryder…

I really HATE CARBO right now.

He is truly a Major JACKASS…..

What ? Sorry What ? Where is that flag? lol you really need to learn how to trust in something man have faith

Thanks to the Habs this is the best B-Day present I could have !!!

7. #7 habs4life says:
    April 15, 2008 at 9:31 pm

OMG! avoided my heart attack…

A valued win!!!

8. #8 Senet 1 says:
    April 15, 2008 at 9:35 pm

Well personally, I am happy that our defence played so much better tonight. That was the key with the way Price plays. Our forecheck was much better in the third and we seemed to be successfull changing up the trap in the third as well, it seemed to Boston confused.

Good game in the other teams rink.

9. #9 Senet 1 says:
    April 15, 2008 at 9:39 pm

Well as I said about Ryder, he needed to be sat but I believe he will play next game, he was hurting a little too so it was a good coaching decision. Now next game I would sit Lats, he is doing absolutely nothing, in a game that we needed hits, our small forwards all hit more than Lats. He needs a wakeup call, I think now is the time to bring in stewart as well being up 3-1 gives us a opportunity to test him in playoff action.

April 15, 2008 at 9:40 pm

Where is Devbran ??? Hello??? Where are you now troll?

11. #11 Senet 1 says:
    April 15, 2008 at 9:41 pm

I know that many of you have been talking how soft Brisebois is and as I said before he is not my favourite player but lets face it he has played very well.

12. #12 habs4life says:
    April 15, 2008 at 9:44 pm

RDS interwed Carey Price. He was very satisfied with the defense, especially the 3rd period. He said, “close to the end of the 3rd period, there were even no real big shots on goal”.

A+ to the D-men tonight!

13. #13 Joseph says:
    April 15, 2008 at 9:46 pm

That was too close for comfort. I’m glad they pulled it out.

I really hope that they come out flying in Game 5 as they did in Game 1. The best thing to do now would be to pummel Boston into oblivion. Plus, it would be very entertaining. :-)

14. #14 rhabs4real says:
    April 15, 2008 at 9:48 pm

Posted on April 15th, 2008 at 9:40 pm. About ‘Habs / Bruins: Game 4′.

Where is Devbran ??? Hello??? Where are you now troll

15. #15 Senet 1 says:
    April 15, 2008 at 9:48 pm

I think Markov played a stronger game and i think it is because Komi was stronger as well. Markov has more confidence when Komi is playing well and hitting, because he takes the pressure off Markov behind the net and the Boston forwards tend to go after Komi and therefore leave Markov alone. Hamrlik has been our best defenceman but he is starting to look a little tired, hopefully with Komi getting healthier Ham gets a little less icetime which will be good for him.

16. #16 Joseph says:
    April 15, 2008 at 9:49 pm

Where are the Bruins fans that warned of a series victory for Boston following one overtime win?

You’re right, that was a dumb question.

17. #17 Senet 1 says:
    April 15, 2008 at 9:51 pm

If we win Price will get the MVP of the playoffs.

18. #18 Joseph says:
    April 15, 2008 at 9:51 pm

So we (barring a complete Ottawa-like meltdown) would get the Flyers (should they win their series), right?

19. #19 Dancan81 says:
    April 15, 2008 at 9:52 pm

89 Ice Man
    Posted on April 13th, 2008 at 11:06 pm. About ‘Habs / Bruins: Game 3′.

Time to take the flag off my Car………..

It’s over…………

WTF, missed that post during my breezing if comments. WHEN we move on I will be sure to re-post this after everything this guy says. HAHA. He’s gonna feel like such a douche…

20. #20 Joseph says:
    April 15, 2008 at 9:53 pm

I’m not looking too far ahead, I’m just making sure that I understand the seeding match-ups as the playoffs progress.

21. #21 Senet 1 says:
    April 15, 2008 at 9:54 pm

Right if Philly wins then we play them if Washington wins then we play either NYR or NJ. But lets win this series first.

22. #22 rhabs4real says:
    April 15, 2008 at 9:54 pm

habs will finish off the bruins Thursday and meet the flyers.
    Thank god we traded Huet,because he’s really showing his true colors in that series. Man is he crappy!

23. #23 Joseph says:
    April 15, 2008 at 9:58 pm

Got it. Thanks.

24. #24 Senet 1 says:
    April 15, 2008 at 10:00 pm

I agree I kept saying we had to trade Huet but very few would listen to me. Regardless how well or bad he plays, Price was ready to take over and Huet knew it so he was out of here this summer as a FA. I did not see the game but I can imagine that a least one of every three or four goals Phily gets is due to his handling the puck causing defense confusion and turnovers. Huet also panics when the going get tough.

25. #25 habs4life says:
    April 15, 2008 at 10:01 pm

I listened Team990 today via Web. Those Habs fans makes Boston like home games, Sunday and Tuesdy. They drive from Montreal (and other places) to Boston, Booing on Chara, chanting Ole, Ole, Ole…

Oh, MAN! Respect!

26. #26 Dancan81 says:
    April 15, 2008 at 10:11 pm

Bruins played their absolute best, the Habs can absolutely play better and we still win. Now imagine we get out scoring back.

27. #27 Ice Man says:
    April 15, 2008 at 10:24 pm

I LOVE CAREY PRICE.

Price is the only reason the Habs are where they are right now.

1. I still dislike Carbo for the way he treats Ryder.

2. I never took the Habs flag off my car.

3. I never lose faith. I just get disapointed.

4. I have been wearing my Habs shirts all week at work.

5. I love Price.

6. I love all of my fellow Habs fans even though they think I am GOOF.

Great Game Boys.

28. #28 rhabs4real says:
    April 15, 2008 at 10:28 pm

I did see the last few minutes of the game, and Huet was awful. He just stood there like a statue on a breakaway goal. Now the Caps know how hab fans felt when Huet let in all those soft goals. you can have him with pleasure, because we have the PRICE, and he is definitely RIGHT!

29. Ice Man,relax man,I don’t think your a go-f,we won and it’s all good.To all the other fans ,chill out when it ‘s a Habs fan,besides we got trollers to pick on,GO HABS GO….

30. #30 Joseph says:
    April 15, 2008 at 10:56 pm

Ice Man, you’re a complete goof! But so am I. ;-)

31. #31 Ice Man says:
    April 15, 2008 at 11:00 pm

I LOVE YOU GUYS.

DON YOU NEED A BIG HUG.

April 15, 2008 at 11:04 pm

LOL dude I just like to get you riled up … your ok by me man

33. #33 habs4life says:
    April 15, 2008 at 11:08 pm

Ice Man, you can have a good sleep tonight, and me, too.

34. #34 Ice Man says:
    April 15, 2008 at 11:27 pm

I FEEL A LOT OF LOVE IN HERE ….LOL…

35. GO HABS GO!!!! @ times like this I can truly say: I AM PROUD TO BE FROM MTL!!!

36. #36 Joseph says:
    April 16, 2008 at 12:49 am

Every post-game interview that I watch, hear or read out of the Bruins’ locker room always ends with ‘We feel like we deserve better.’ Well, you’re a mediocre NHL team and you certainly don’t deserve better, so get over yourselves. ;-)

But that’s true. And I don’t care about the what ifs, as in ‘if we lost to this team’, and ‘if they beat this team’, and ‘the Bruins would have finished ahead of the Habs if they beat them here and here’ and ‘if… if, if, if…’. Well, they didn’t finish ahead of the Habs because they didn’t beat the Habs or whomever else they needed to beat to be finish ahead of them. The fact of the matter is that the Habs finished 1st and the Bruins finished 8th because the Bruins earned the 8th seed and nothing more.

37. #37 Chris Redman says:
    April 16, 2008 at 1:11 am

Words of wisdom Joseph, I get a little sick of those “we deserve better” comments as well.

38. #38 jack hab says:
    April 16, 2008 at 1:30 am

I have to give credit to the bruins. I thought they would be a lot cheaper, seeing
    they that are a desperate and pissed off club. They must really, really hate us. I just
    hope someone on that team doesn’t pull a McLaren tomorrow.

Hey Don….Happy Belated Birthday.
    Hey Ice Man… Your post left me feeling warm and fuzzy… LMAO!!!

SPREADING THE LOVE IN HABNATION!!!!!! (All Bruin trolls must ROT) LOL

39. Carey Price shuts the door. I’ll be really pissed off if Carey Price doesn’t get the Calder. Montreal wins game 5 4-0.

40. #40 Ice Man says:
    April 16, 2008 at 7:36 am

I forgot I was too blinded by love.

Happy B Day Donny

41. #41 Ice Man says:
    April 16, 2008 at 9:23 am

The win was great.

But how will we Beat the other teams in the East? We will need to score more than 1 – 2 goals a game ………….

42. #42 Chris says:
    April 16, 2008 at 9:47 am

So we EDGED the Bruins in game 4 and squeeked out the 1-0 victory. We can tahnk Carey price and the defense for the victory. But the pressing issues is that our offense needs to wake up….2 goals in two games is not going to cut it going deeper into the Playoffs. We are clearly missing a spark, its time for Koivu to come back. We need him to be ready for round 2 in order to jump start our offense, and our Power-Play.

And all of you get off og Huet’s back…he is still a stellar goalie, the problem is that Washington has no defense!

I laugh because everyone in my office pool took Ovechkin, big joke as he will be out first round!

Secound round will be HABS VS. FLYERS, PENS VS. RANGERS

43. #43 Ice Man says:
    April 16, 2008 at 11:53 am

HUET WHO ??????

44. #44 superfan says:
    April 16, 2008 at 11:57 am

ice man one second you are taking off your car flag and saying its over, now suddenly you are back driving the bandwagon, you are pathetic.

45. #45 habs4life says:
    April 16, 2008 at 12:08 pm

For sure we will be facing Flyers, because nervous Huet and juvernile Ovechkin don’t make any good playoff hockey.

Rangers will be facing Pens, because Marty cannot save the offensively weak New Jersey.

There will be hot games between Rangers and Pens…

Habs would be facing Rangers in the Eastern finale.

46. #46 Ice Man says:
    April 16, 2008 at 12:24 pm

Carey “The Ice” Price led all rookie goaltenders this season with 24 wins, 1,179 saves, a .920 save percentage, 3 shutouts, and 2 assists, has given up only five goals in the series.

47. #47 frank says:
    April 16, 2008 at 12:25 pm

Very interesting. Boston has played some of its best hockey and Montreal has been struggling somewhat and we are still ahead 3-1. The Habs should rap it up next game. They need to come out with fire in their eyes. It seems like Plakanec was still skating like a girl. I wonder if he has the ability to raise his game up another notch? Ryder is very confusing. I like him but he refuses to shoot. That is his strength. For some reason he feels he has to try and stick handle past two or three players before he takes the shot. Brett Hull used to find the open spot and somebody would feed it to him and boom. Ryder needs to find the open spot and let it rip. Its fun to be a Habs fan. They need to pick up their offence.

48. #48 Ice Man says:
    April 16, 2008 at 12:27 pm

superfan:

I did not take my flag off my car.

Yes, I am driving the Bandwagon. I will drive it all the way to the finals. I will also step on the gas to make sure you fall off …..

49. #49 Ice Man says:
    April 16, 2008 at 12:29 pm

I’m in love………………

50. #50 habs4life says:
    April 16, 2008 at 12:35 pm

Plakanec has not showed up his true color after recovering from his last injury. It should be physically, mentally plus skillfully balanced, not a easy job. Let’s hope he will be shining as Habs goes deeper and deeper…

I love this guy!