Habs / Bruins: Game 7

• Nothing to say here…..

Game 7 says it all.

1. #1 droog says:
    April 21, 2008 at 9:40 pm

The 5th goal will always be my favorite. Gawd I love watching the Bruins lose.

2. The stanley cup is my preference,what’s your Frog,lol

April 21, 2008 at 9:41 pm

Buh bye Bruins fans you can leave no we have no further need for you ….

4. #4 Senet 1 says:
    April 21, 2008 at 9:42 pm

Frog I disagreed with my fellow habs fans and I disagree with you, this Boston team had a good record all year except against Montreal there were only 10 point separating the top 8 and that is only a win or a loss either way. I am not sure who your team is but I have always respected Boston and they ahve some very good players on their team. If you think they are 8 string then you do not know much about hockey. Oh you might know how to count because they did finish in 8th but then again with one game left they could have finished in sixth if Pittsburg hadn’t tanked. They were certainly better than Ottawa. I expect that you are just on this site to cause problems. Sounds that way anyway.

5. Senet, I’m actually an Avalanche Fan (formerly a Nordique fan)Although not a Bruins fan, I think I’m a little more in Tune as to how they operate as I am from Boston. They are owned by the jacobs family who really are more concerned with consession sales at the TD Banknorth Garden rather than putting a decent product on the ice. As far as them being an 8th string and not knowing much about hockey, I do know that pretty much everyone gets in, and when you are number 8 and fight to get that spot all year… your probably not a threat.. make sense?

6. To Senet, I offer my congratulations. You appear to be one of the canadian fans that probably would not have been booing the American National anthem rather those fols like Xtrahabsfan.

7. Frog ,NOW your blaming the Jacobs family”jewish” give it up allready man and stop blaming other folks man,look its simple ,your team stunk up the joint tonite,period,lol

8. #8 Senet 1 says:
    April 21, 2008 at 9:53 pm

Hey Joseph what do you think about our character tonight. They had their backs to the wall and we came through. All the players that had to play well tonight did. Our checking line played their usual good game, Koivu ignited some fire under Kovalev along with Carbo and the Kost Brothers were motivated by playing together. I said last game that Plex and Andre seem to be looking for Kovalev last game and he disappeared. Without him on the line they had to rely on themselves and Sergi. Even Lappiere lines played very well.

9. #9 Joseph says:
    April 21, 2008 at 9:53 pm

Frog:

You’re as classless as the fans that booed the anthem for th mere reason that you’re in here talking about it and taking your own shots… at a bunch of fans that weren’t even at the game booing the anthem. Not too smart either.

Here’s an idea: get the f**k out of here and find something better to do. Life is short.

Way to go, Habs! I guess that you answered a lot of questions tonight with regard to the past two or three games. You were asleep.

10. #10 rhabs4real says:
    April 21, 2008 at 9:54 pm

great win and good learning experience for the habs. Maybe now we won’t take another team lightly. good luck habs in the next round vs NYR or Philly.
    Finally we saw the habs of the regular season, and our PP scored.

11. Go Habs GO….GO Habs Go…..ole ole ole ole ole ole ole ole ole ole ole ole ole ole

12. #12 Joseph says:
    April 21, 2008 at 9:54 pm

I’ve never been happier to be wrong, Senet 1. You called it, and this team was a lot of fun to watch tonight!

13. #13 LeBeau says:
    April 21, 2008 at 9:54 pm

How come BarrieHabsfan hasn’t posted yet? Does he know we won tonight? Does anyone have his number? I wonder if he still has a seat on the wagon?

Joseph, how do you like them ribs? LOL I just read your open letter and I was laughing so hard I was crying. Love your sense of humour dude!

14. #14 Senet 1 says:
    April 21, 2008 at 9:56 pm

Well Frog I never disrepect anyone’s flag and most american teams have some really good Canadian boys on their team especially Boston, I really like those three kids, they could play on my team anytime. I have always believed that if you are good enough to make the playoff you are good enough to win the cup. It takes all the good things to happen and you need a few breaks but most teams are good teams if they make it to the show.

15. #15 Frog says:
    April 21, 2008 at 9:57 pm

Xtrahabs fan… You really must be an idiot! I’m not a Bruins fan… I could care less that they lost. I’m an Avalanche Fan… You know that team from your province you could not keep (afford), and it took them to come to America to win a couple of cups.. You know quebec, your fellow countrymen that like it so much in your province/country they want to secede.

16. #16 Joseph says:
    April 21, 2008 at 9:57 pm

Congrats. Although I am heartbroken, The Bruins got invaluable experience from this series. Our best players are our first and second year guys, and we should only get better.

As did the Habs, I’m sure.

Now, I’m HABS the rest of the way. As I hope you guys would be had the B’s won.

Congrats.

Thanks, BruinsFan. You’ve no reason to hang your head – the Bruins have got a great core to build around. In fact, I expect that they’ll be very competitive next season.

17. #17 Frog says:
    April 21, 2008 at 9:59 pm

Senet 1. For Folks like you I’m happy. I guess all teams have fans that are idiots I.E Xtrahabsfan.. Good luck to you though. It would be nice to see an old adams division team win.

18. Joesph,my american habs bro,just jib jabbing with the Bruins fans,please take no offence as concerning the U.S.A.

19. #19 superfan says:
    April 21, 2008 at 10:01 pm

the habs are back and the nhl is in trouble
    hey la hey la the habs are back

20. #20 Joseph says:
    April 21, 2008 at 10:03 pm

LeBeau:

Those ribs are the best I’ve ever had! And needless to say, I’ve taken them back, and we’re happier than ever! I see a future!

See, all I had to do was ask. Maybe I shouldn’t have been so cruel though – the soft crêpes bit might have been a bit much.

(I’m glad that a couple of people appreciate my strangeness.)

21. #21 Joseph says:
    April 21, 2008 at 10:10 pm

No offense taken, Xtrahabsfan. To tell you the truth, I really wish that they’d do away with the national anthem thing altogether so we wouldn’t have to contend with the nonsense that comes along with it. These are franchises, loaded with mostly Canadian and European players, and not Team Canada versus Team U.S.A.

That said, they do something impressive in Buffalo. Not too sure if many peope know about it, but they sing the Canadian anthem even when the Sabres are playing another American franchise.

22. #22 Joseph says:
    April 21, 2008 at 10:18 pm

Komisarek putting his body in front of Chara’s heavy slapshot – orgasmic (figuratively speaking). That’s what it takes, and I’m glad to see that the Habs have it!

I’m really looking forward to a second round match-up with Philadelphia New York.

23. They should do it in Detroit too,lol,it used to be a Canadian city.

24. #24 Joseph says:
    April 21, 2008 at 10:20 pm

Now it’s ‘Hockey Town, U.S.A.’. Hybrid?

25. All righty now,round 2,bring it…go habs go…

26. #26 jack hab says:
    April 21, 2008 at 10:23 pm

I started out today’s blogging session stating that MY TEAM was going to show
    and WIN. Guess I was right.

27. #27 habs4life says:
    April 21, 2008 at 10:23 pm

Carbo should have used his brain earlier…

Tony from NB, just wanted say HELLO to you as we promised right after the Game 1.

By the way, believe or not, out of Boston area, the largest Bruins fan base is in Greater Montreal area…

28. #28 Sexy Hab says:
    April 21, 2008 at 10:26 pm

Congrats Habs.

Mr. Price was outstanding again. A great come back. See what Montreal can do when they want to.

Boston you have put up a great battle. Hats off to you.

I am happy now that Montreal got farther than the Power House Stanley Cup Champs Ducks…………

29. Can’t wait for Round 2…

30. #30 Dancan81 says:
    April 21, 2008 at 10:38 pm

Posted on April 21st, 2008 at 1:11 pm. About ‘Habs / Bruins: Game 7′.

CARBO IS AN IDIOT,CARBO IS AN IDIOT,CARBO IS AN IDIOT,CARBO IS AN IDIOT,
    CARBO IS AN IDIOT,CARBO IS AN IDIOT,CARBO IS AN IDIOT,CARBO IS AN IDIOT,
    CARBO IS AN IDIOT,CARBO IS AN IDIOT,CARBO IS AN IDIOT,CARBO IS AN IDIOT
    CARBO IS AN IDIOT,CARBO IS AN IDIOT,CARBO IS AN IDIOT,CARBO IS AN IDIOT,
    CARBO IS AN IDIOT,CARBO IS AN IDIOT,CARBO IS AN IDIOT,CARBO IS AN IDIOT
    CARBO IS AN IDIOT,CARBO IS AN IDIOT,CARBO IS AN IDIOT,CARBO IS AN IDIOT,
    CARBO IS AN IDIOT,CARBO IS AN IDIOT,CARBO IS AN IDIOT,CARBO IS AN IDIOT

Where are you know you piece of garbage? Gonna change your name and start posting as a Real Fan, you fair weather piece of trash!

31. #31 Dancan81 says:
    April 21, 2008 at 10:39 pm

15 Pissed off Habs Fan
    Posted on April 21st, 2008 at 1:11 pm. About ‘Habs / Bruins: Game 7′.

32. #32 habs4life says:
    April 21, 2008 at 10:41 pm

Just as I said previously, this summer, if Gainey hunts for star players, they would FIRST want the trade for Price.

33. #33 Senet 1 says:
    April 21, 2008 at 10:42 pm

Carbo did what he had to do tonight, it was hard to do it earlier because Koivu was not playing, and as far as motivating Kovalev, Carbo did it at the right time, when the game was on the line. That is a smart coach, if you do it too early then it become old hat and players stop listening to you. He made all the right moves at the right time and consequently we are going on to the second round.

There was only one thing that bothered me about tonights game, it was the worst game of the series for Brisebois, he made some terrible decisions with the puck tonight and it reminded me why we let him go a few years ago. Overall he played a good series better than I expected, I only hope that his bad passing tonight goes away before the next game.

34. #34 Dancan81 says:
    April 21, 2008 at 10:43 pm

85 Kojack
    Posted on April 21st, 2008 at 9:17 pm. About ‘Habs / Bruins: Game 7′.

I’m watching this Bruins/Habs game, and I gotta say as a fan of the game, you Montreal fans are a bunch of dopes…for all you “hockey knowledge” you know nothing. If a Bruins player so much as touches a Canadian player you cry penalty…really weak!
    I’m not a Bruin fan by any means I’m actually a NYR fan and am a Huge fan of the game in general.
    Wake up Hab fans and stop Booing when a call is not made on a penalty that never occurred!

Every teams’ fans do that so stop thinking you’re special.

35. #35 Senet 1 says:
    April 21, 2008 at 10:48 pm

habs4life, I am not sure what you mean by trade for Price, because if you are saying that Gainey should trade Price that would be the worst move any GM could make. Everyone know that you go absolute nowhere in the playoffs without a great goaltender. Most Teams like to build from the net out, and if you got a goalie like Price he is the last player any GM should trade.

Stength up the middle starts with the goalie. Now that the Habs have a decent team we may be able to convince a few UFA to come our way. To me will still need a number one centre and If I were drafting that is what I would be looking for, tha and another big mobile defenseman and a power forward who can skate. That is my wish list, Oh one other thing at least two of the three would be Canadian boys.

36. #36 Senet 1 says:
    April 21, 2008 at 10:50 pm

Kojack. there is not a fan base in any rink in the NHL that does not boo the refs when they think a call should be made and it is not so if anyone should wake up it should be you. And besides, isn’t that what the home team wants the fans to get aroused and make noise and gete involved in the game. Come on you are nit picking.

37. #37 Senet 1 says:
    April 21, 2008 at 10:57 pm

Joseph, I thought Komisarek played his best game tonight, he looks like he is almost back to full strenght. He was skating better tonight and hitting better and his shot blocking also improved. Good to see he is ready to play for the second round, NOW if we could get Markov playing a little more steady. I thought Hamrlik was our best defenceman overall in the series, but he did look a little tired at the end of the last few games. These next couples of days off should help him and Steit too. He played a better game tonight, and it looks like his hip may be coming around as well. Overall, all the injuried players who came back looked strong tonight, that bodes well for the next round.

38. #38 habs4life says:
    April 21, 2008 at 10:58 pm

Senet 1, the story was that last night we were talking with a Bruins fan joking to trade Lucic to Montreal. Sb said with Ryder, then Kovalev, … That guy finally answered that from Habs roster only Price could make a deal…

Now the NHL world knows Carey is Priceless.

39. #39 PISSED OFF HABS FAN says:
    April 21, 2008 at 11:08 pm

Here I am for those of you who want to know.

Great Game Habs. Carey Price is Da Man.

Yes, Carbo Is Still An Idiot………

April 21, 2008 at 11:09 pm

Get off the band wagon all ready you loser

41. #41 Senet 1 says:
    April 21, 2008 at 11:12 pm

rhabs4real, I was reading your earlier blog, I guess you questions were answered. Carbo made the key changes to his lineup, sometimes it is not the players that need to be changed it is the rotation of the players. I thought the Kost brothers especially Sergie played tough all night, he played that way in London Junior A so he knows how to play it tough and agressive. Andre not so tough, but when he plays with his kid brother he seems to play better. Plex, all he needed was to realize that Kovaleve was not there to help and he played extremely well to me the last three games but needed some help that he did not get from Kovalev.

As far as O’Byrne is concerned he will see some action again in the next series, but I agree with Carbo, I would go with experience. Same goes for Latendresse he actually had his chance is did not show most of the time so he needs a wakeup call and not in a game seven. What has Dandeneault has played well, he scored a key goal and has played well defensively. Like Steit Dandenault is valuable because he can play both forward and defense, so if you get in trouble back on the blue line you have someone to move back if needed. Dandenault is not there to score goals, and he steadys Lappiere’s line. I cannot think of one player I would have put in the lineup that was not already there tonight. Ryder got sat out and then played again and he did nothing, not everyone can play on the first two lines and I liked what I saw on those two lines tonight. If Ryder does come back in the next series, he needs to show the coach that it does not matter what line he is one he will play hard, something he did not do when he came back after being sat out.

42. #42 habs4life says:
    April 21, 2008 at 11:17 pm

Ice Man. I don’t comment on “Yes, Carbo Is Still An Idiot………”.

I still doubt WHO made the lineup change decison, Bob or Guy???

43. #43 Senet 1 says:
    April 21, 2008 at 11:19 pm

PISSED OFF HABS FAN, I guess it is hard for some fans to just understand good coaching, Carbo may not be the best coach but he is getting better and he made all the right moves tonight. He used the right players, he motivated them in the proper way and he got his defense to move the puck better out of their own end again. For a Habs fan you should be anything but pissed off, but then again, I expect you did not feel we had a chance to win tonight. I can always tell the true habs fans by their blogs, because as much as we all want to see our team play better, the ones who are true habs fans show faith in their team and their coach.

44. #44 Senet 1 says:
    April 21, 2008 at 11:23 pm

habs4life, Carbo was asked about the lineup change after the game, and he said he had thought about it all day and decided he would give it a try. Why not he had nothing to loose, if his best offensive player was going to play he had to try to motivate him somehow, so he moved him with Koivu but more important he talked to him today and told him that he had to keep adjusting to big Chara, and keep trying different things because he had been successful in the past and he had to convince himself that he could be successful again. Carbo was directly responsible for Kovalev coming to play tonight.

45. #45 Senet 1 says:
    April 21, 2008 at 11:27 pm

habs4life, thanks for clearing that up about Price, I must have missed the blog last night. You are right about that, everyone in the league know about this kid now. To me the media made such a big deal that he had given up 10 goals in the last two games, an when you looked at the game six replays he had absolutely no change on any of those goals.

46. #46 BarrieHabFan says:
    April 21, 2008 at 11:29 pm

Hey LeBeau, why the hell are you asking about me. Check the posts. While several here were crying that the habs were done, I predicted a win. So what the hell are you talking about?

47. #47 Senet 1 says:
    April 21, 2008 at 11:29 pm

habs4life, you know the big kick out got out of that line switch was that Koivu took Chara in the Boards about three times tonight, and he had Chara so focused on him that he forgot about Kovalev. I have to give out captain some credit he made a big difference tonight and everyone seemed to play better and follow his lead.

48. #48 groundworking says:
    April 21, 2008 at 11:30 pm

wooooooo effing hoooooooooooooo!

I was so nervous. Thank God that’s over. Bring on the….Rangers?

49. #49 Senet 1 says:
    April 21, 2008 at 11:30 pm

Well I got a date to play goal tomorrow with the Bruind LOL. so I better get to bed.

50. #50 habs4life says:
    April 21, 2008 at 11:38 pm

Senet 1, I need time to resume confidence on Carbo. Losing momentum after Game 1 made me heartbreaking. Honestly, it’s part of his responsibility.

Hope he can learn from this lesson (anyway, he is still a rookie coach for playoff) and keep the morale, keep the motivation, keep the “ideas”.

You have good night!