Habs / Bruins: Game 7

• Nothing to say here…..

Game 7 says it all.

1. #1 habs4life says:
    April 21, 2008 at 11:44 pm

Tony from NB. It seems no chance to talk to you today. So it’s time to bed (Au Lit, Au Lit, Au Lit…).

See you in 2008-2009 season!

2. #2 BarrieHabFan says:
    April 21, 2008 at 11:45 pm

My hat’s off to a Bruins team that played excellent playoff hockey and showed more talent and determination than I thought they could ever muster. They proved to be more than excellent competition and that they have some impressive young talent on their team. Also I would like to add that coach Julien is clearly a very good coach and a master at getting the most out of the players he has. The Devils orginization was very foolish to fire such a great coach in the way that they did.
    A great test for the habs, and I’m glad it’s over.

3. #3 born/bred habs fan says:
    April 21, 2008 at 11:49 pm

The cup is coming back to canada!!!! lost my dad three months ago and know he’s up there cheering! win this for my old man, who’s name is on the wall in the Bell Center. GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!

4. #4 Red Deer Canadien says:
    April 22, 2008 at 12:38 am

Many Habs fans here in Red Deer Alberta. Great way to finish of the Bruins tonight,like they had a chance. The Habs are back in their winning ways afer playing like the “Leafs” for a couple of games.
    God is on our Team, so God can’t help the Rangers.
    GO HABS GO….

5. #5 Datara says:
    April 22, 2008 at 1:54 am

Well, that was an interesting series, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.
    Hopefully the Habs rookies got a genuine flavor for the post season.
    I have to admit I’m a little worried about the way Markov has been playing, hasn’t seemed like himself. As far as the the comments about beating “the eighth seeded Bruins” What a load of crap, yes they had a dismal record against Les Glorieux all year, seems to me that roles were fairly reversed not so long ago.
    The playoffs are what you fight for, when your whole season is “the playoffs”
    you should be that much more prepared, and the Bruins were, in this “new” NHL
    parody rules, anyone can beat anyone in any given round. No exceptions.

I never would have foreseen Dallas whoopin on Anaheim, or Calgary taking SJ seven. I thought the Devils were like money in the bank come playoff time.

I was worried at the end of the season that the boys were peaking a little prematurely, I hope that the 4 game lull was their mini slump. I believe this team has what it takes to get to the finals, but like many a Red Wings team, did they blow their wad scrappin for first, only time will tell….

I can honestly say that I saw some complacency in the third period of the second game, the urgency was lacking. The tempo was slowing down and that’s when the momentum began to shift. Tonight we saw that urgency back, in the latter part of the first, and throughout the rest of the game.

Hope we keep it up against the Rangers (or Philly, but I doubt it)

As for the booing the national anthem, The US arrogance has been wearing thin on the rest of the world for a while now, it’s sad because it’s not the general population that is to blame, it’s the smug leadership and it’s propaganda that are alienating American’s from all their cousins, not just the ones to the North.

Happy Playoffs to me, happy playoffs to me….

Best year in long time folks, enjoy it and please stop bashing Carbs
    He is definitely a young coach but his heart cannot be questioned

6. Burrrrrrrrrrrrp,farrt,burrrp,burrrrp…that bear was delicious,farrt….lol

7. #7 Pissed off Habs Fan says:
    April 22, 2008 at 7:39 am

What in the Hell is wrong with some Hab Fans in Montreal?

- Booing the US National Anthem.
    - Rioting, Looting after a first series win.

Come on Montreal Fans Grow up. What was to be a great series win turned into a joke on Montrealer’s. Show a lillte class will you for God’s Sakes………..

8. #8 Nadeen says:
    April 22, 2008 at 9:20 am

I can’t believe the rioting in this city! Who is responsible and why? Isn’t it supposed to be a love-in?
    I am from Saskatchewan and when our beloved Riders won the Cup last fall the city of Regina and the province had a love-in! Police were there to direct traffic after the game when the streets were filled with cheering fans and to exchange hugs, high-fives and big smiles.
    Please explain why supposedly happy people do this? Why would you want to destroy things? Why the anger?

9. #9 Christopher says:
    April 22, 2008 at 9:38 am

First of all…. “GO HABS GO”!!!!

Wow what a great game last night….it is abiout time our offence woke up and got going, I knew once Koivu was back in the line-up he would give us that spark we needed to get going again :)

In response to the Canadiens fans actions last night…i wouldnt say that they were “booing” during the Anthem…there were 21,000 Canadians and was more noice than Boos. And with the looting and vandalism…you cannot let the actions of say 100 people out of 21,000 give Habs fans and the city of Montreal a bad rap. Our fans are very exuberant and fiesty…but overall are a very classy act. Its a shame that the actions of a few hooligans gives the city and fans a bad image.

Who does everyone waht us to play next round?…Philly or Rangers??

10. #10 Pissed off Habs Fan says:
    April 22, 2008 at 9:41 am

They are a bunch of young DRUNK PUNKS with nothing else better to do…..

I would like to say I’m sorry for bashing Carbonneau. I have to give credit where it is due. Carbo coached a great game last night. I just have a hard time accepting the way he is treating Ryder.

No hard feeling fellow Habs fans Ok. I still love you Guys & Gals…..

Hey Don C. I love you too tuff guy…LOL…

I will change my name to “DIEHARD HABS FAN”

11. #11 DieHard Habs Fan (formerly known as "Pissed off Habs Fan") says:
    April 22, 2008 at 9:45 am

My first post with my new name.

I am a Happy Habs Fan now. We got farther than the 2007 Stanley Cup Champs.

12. #12 Donnie says:
    April 22, 2008 at 9:52 am

Finally played a game like we can, and I guess it couldn’t be at a better time. Remember how you played this game boys…watch this tape in the dressing room, this is how you’re going to have success in the future rounds. Hopefully those middle 5 games were an adjustment period and its over now. We are here for a reason and must keep playing like we can. Good luck against the Flyers or Rangers. GO HABS GO !!!

13. #13 Fashezee says:
    April 22, 2008 at 11:06 am

The Montreal police force should spend less time giving tickets on Saturday an Sunday mornings and dedicate more time practising their tactical skills. I am as embarrassed of the police’s ability to handle the riot as I am of the people you caused the damage.

I don’t commend the people who caused the damage; however, if the police were better trained; most of the mess could have been prevented. They showed up in the crowded areas too late, their presence should have been evident prior to everyone hitting the streets. Some interviewed even mentioned the problems only started when the cops showed up! The police seemed extremely novice in handling such a incident. The city doesn’t even have a helicopter!!

14. #14 Joseph says:
    April 22, 2008 at 11:14 am

Nadeen:

Those were the actions of a very small minority. Every fanbase has its minority of idiots (whether you realize it or not), and in some places, they act on their idiocy more than they do in others. While in other places, the media acts on their idiocy more than it does in others. It’s just a fact of life.

As to the media focussing on it and blowing it up for the sake of a story, that’s what the media does. It takes bad news and magnifies it, leaving the viewer almost thinking that it’s not ever safe to go outside again after a Habs game. How absolutely silly.

As to the anthem booing nonsense, same thing. I heard more of a buzz in the Bell Centre during the anthem than I did actual boos. And following the U.S. anthem, I also heard a pretty sizeable, collective round of applause and cheers.

Some people will always focus on the negatives to express their displeasure after a loss, or just to take a shot at someone. Some people behave like the media does in this way. And some people need to find something better to do with their time, in my opinion. Think about it…

“Oh, man. What a disgrace that your classless fans were booing the U.S. anthem last night (translation: misdirected anger about something other than anthem booing). I mean, I’m not even a Bruins fan or anything, but wow (translation: someone lacking anything better to do with his or her time.). But you guys should be ashamed! How classless (translation: subject has taken up ‘shit disturbing’ as a hobby)!”

Overall translation: an incredibly myopic view of the world by some disgruntled fans.

15. #15 Joseph says:
    April 22, 2008 at 11:15 am

Oh, and that wasn’t directed at you, Nadeen. Just my take on the behaviour is all.

16. #16 fan40 says:
    April 22, 2008 at 11:22 am

been awhile on here…..I have to say that was one hell of a ride….put a little shit in my pants!! I was scared 3-3….but now that the ugly bears are out of the way, Philly or the Rangers, should, or I hope will not be as hard a series…..either way Habs 4-2. Right from the start I’m thinking they are on a collision course with the Pens for the C-final

17. Look it,from eye witness fans “about 1/2 hour after leaving the bell center and evey one is singing and then the cops show up swinging…….”that explains the fried cop cars. Don’t believe every thing you hear people, ie weapons of mass destruction,lol .Lets just imagine that being you and your with your ol lady and a police man takes a swing at the both of you ,just barly missing your lady….so you go and try to ask the cop “what are you doing?”and then get pushed…shit will happen….
    In Vancouver you should of seen what happened when Axel Rose did a no show for a Guns and Roses concert…LOL…at least no one got gang beaten,eh

18. #18 duckdoc says:
    April 22, 2008 at 12:24 pm

The way I see it, when the Habs are skating, but especially “moving their feet”, nobody can beat them. Their defensive strategy last night spoke volumes to this.Last night they beat Boston to just about every puck, and with Price “feeling it”, they could go ATW.
    For some of the older guys, doesn’t Lapierre’s style remind you of Claude Provost, and Kostopoulos’s that of “Busher” Curry? Saku may not be the Rocket,but I got a REALLY GOOD FEELING about this team.
    I can see a really big parade on Sherbrooke St. in June.

19. #19 duckdoc says:
    April 22, 2008 at 12:30 pm

Pissed Off Habs Fan,
    I feel for you about Ryder, but if he had a French name he wouldn’t even be cleaning the ice. There is probably pressure on Carbo (from the “front office”)
    to field a team more “representative” of Canadian society, and Ryder is really a token. The guy can’t go to his left and “telegraphs” every shot. How did he even get into the NHL?

20. #20 rhabs4real says:
    April 22, 2008 at 1:04 pm

can someone please tell me where I can get a habs car flag? which store in Montreal? I really wish I could go see a game at the Bell centre, but just can’t afford the tickets. I’ve a habs fan for over 30 years, but have never neen to the bell centre. I guess I’ll have to wait till the fall.
    for the first time in 25 years, this team seems to be building a winner, not just a 1 year fluke winner. nice to see the pride and respectability back for this franchise. That can only help persuade UFA’s to sign with us this summer. And next year, we’ll be even better.

21. #21 xtrahabsfan says:
    April 22, 2008 at 3:18 pm

My meds just kicked in, how could a Boston team take us toseven? We really do have a small EUROPEON team, wheres the dominant centre and power fowards, Kovy and Suku arent any younger. Ragers will beat us in five.

22. #22 Adriana Fagano says:
    April 22, 2008 at 3:27 pm

When I wrote this letter to the Gazette, Iwas swamped with fans agreeing with me. Gazette, Adriano Pagano ..Habs need a big center”. Look at our team, a mess. Teenie, weenie and Euro cock roaches. Now look at our next opponent, Rangers..Avery, Jagr, Straka, Shanny, Drury, Gomez..and Vezina winner..Lundquist. Also have great young stars like Dubby and Dawes. More on the way, AND MONTREAL DOESNT DESERVE A COUPLE OF STARS? tHATS BECAUSE 21,273 FANS ATTEND EVERY GAME. iF THAT STOPPED, THIS TEAM WOULD GET OFF ITS LOSER ASS AND DO SOMETHING.

23. #23 DieHard Habs Fan says:
    April 22, 2008 at 3:46 pm

Easy there Fago. We will hold our own.

Xtra: You kbnow better that that!

24. Why is everyone so pissed off? Yes Boston pushed us to 7 games, but watching all other east games and either than Pittsburgh no other team was better than the bruins. The boston bruins played us great and now the next team to play the habs will get crushed. Montreal has a great team and I haven’t lost any confidence. Carbonneau is the best coach in the nhl. Go Habs Go and Go Philly I want the flyers to play Montreal!

25. #25 LeBeau says:
    April 22, 2008 at 5:00 pm

# 164 BarrieHabsfan
    Posted on April 20th, 2008 at 9:43 pm. About ‘Habs / Bruins: Game 6′.

Riberio, Theodore and Huet promised Habs fans postcards from the second round.

Sorry BarrieHabsfan, I misread your post…I thought that sentence said that they promised the Habs (not Habs fans) postcards from the second round.

My apologies.

GO HABS GO!

26. #26 Senet 1 says:
    April 22, 2008 at 6:29 pm

Datara:Hope we keep it up against the Rangers (or Philly, but I doubt it)
    xtrahabsfan
    Ragers (rangers)will beat us in five.

Guys these are the types of comments I am talking about, if you guys are truely habs fans then Datara your comment should be at the very least that you think we can beat either the Flyers or the Rangers. Likewise Xtrahabsfan, please live up to your name.

I admit I get upset when I see our team not playing up to its potential or shying away from hitting etc. But gee guys I bet you were the same guys who said after game two the Boston would beat us, game three really proved your point right! Game four you started to show some sign of being a habs fan but Game 5 and 6 by then you had us buried and playing golf, not once did you have any faith in this team and their ability to over come adversity. Come if you are truely habs fans you will cheer your team and have faith that they can win. The True habs fans on this blog complain when we loose and make suggestions on how we should play next game, but the one thing they do is show faith that we can win.

27. You guys really only do have hockey huh? The riots were ridic for an opening series win!

28. #28 Senet 1 says:
    April 22, 2008 at 6:36 pm

I predicted that we would beat Boston in 5 maybe 6 games, I was wrong about the number of games but right as far as the win. So at the expense of being criticized especially from our doubting thomas’ habs fams, here are my predictions for round 2.

If we play Philly, I truely believe that Philly will be easier to play against than Boston, their goaltending is not as good and their defence is slower and they have fewer wingers that hit as hard as the Boston wingers. I predict if we play Philly we will take them out in 6.

If we play the rangers, this should be a close series could go seven games but we have better speed than they do, we hit about the same as they do and we both have good goaltending. I believe that our power play will come alive in this series and we will win in seven.

So there guys chew on that for a while, but I do not want to hear negatives from true habs fans.

29. #29 Senet 1 says:
    April 22, 2008 at 6:45 pm

Ryder, ryder, Ryder, what do we do with Ryder? Well when he played the first game he came out hitting and skating and shooting the puck and played one hell of a game. In game two he started playing the same way but by the end of the game he was nowhere to be found. He was sat out and then reinstirted into the lineup and again no where to be found. I was really excited about how he was playing at first, and there is no doubt he can play if he wants to. My only regret is that we will probably lose him to UFA this summer withoug getting anything for him. Honestly, I was hoping that Gainey could get a least a firth rounder for him. He may get another chance in the next series but he has to show up or otherwise he is out for good.

30. #30 Senet 1 says:
    April 22, 2008 at 6:57 pm

172 Adriana Fagano: Well Adriana, if I have said it once I have said ie many times since January that we need a #1 centre ice man who is big and can score and is willing to hit. What we need is a 6’3″ 230 pound Saku koivu. In the last blog I suggested in the off season we needed three things, a big #1 Centre, a power forward and a big strong defenceman who can skate and shoot the puck.

Now we may have the defenceman in Obyrne and we may have the power forward in Stewart?? But it is going to be hard to find a #1 centre with size that can also lead the team that has decent offensive abilities. Well Vinney comes to mind but I think we will have to wait for his contract to run out in Tampa Bay before we can take a run at him, so we will probably have to either make a trade or get our centreman from the draft. Now picking #29 is not going to cut it so we have to make a trade to get a guy like that which means we have to give up some good players to get him.

31. #31 Senet 1 says:
    April 22, 2008 at 7:07 pm

Of course there is always the FA market and if we can get a good one then we will have some talented players that we will have to trade to make room for him.

Also we have to make room for Obryne and Stewart for next year which means good bye to Ryder and Brisebois. There are a couple of other players the may be ready to move up from Hamilton as well, in Pavel Valentenko and Kyle Chipchura so we may have to trade someone in order to make room for these guys as well. I guess my point is we have now got some depth that we have not had for some time and that depth may be our ticket to a #1 Centreman.

32. post #171 is a fake,I was at work when some fraud fag boy used my blogger name with a small x-trahab….’some f@ckin goof!,use your own name idiot .Probably a still pissed of Bruins fan,lol

33. Habs Blog please let us know who posted #171

34. #34 Joseph says:
    April 22, 2008 at 8:00 pm

# 177 BruinsFan
    Posted on April 22nd, 2008 at 6:33 pm. About ‘Habs / Bruins: Game 7′.

Apparently you haven’t been to Montreal, BruinsFan. The Habs may mean a lot, but that city has a hell of lot more to offer than just hockey. A hell of a lot more.

As to the rioting, don’t believe everything that you read or hear. The media loves to take the minute idiotic portion of the fanbase and put them in the spotlight as if they were the ambassadors to Habsville. Do some people take it too far and act like imbeciles? Yes, but they comprise about 1% of the fanbase.

35. I know that Joseph. I meant in terms of sports. I will say for the record I am head over heels in love with the city. I’m from Boston, my girlfriend goes to school at McGill though, so I’m up all the time.

36. #36 Joseph says:
    April 22, 2008 at 8:49 pm

I misunderstood.

That’s about a 5-, 6-hour drive for you, isn’t it?

37. #37 Tony from NB says:
    April 22, 2008 at 9:08 pm

Congrats Habs Fans!!!!

I was able to watch the game in a local Beantown watering hole, and the comments at the start of the game where “wow…look at that atmosphere”. I spent a little bit of time studying in Montreal in the mid-90′s, and even got the good fortune of being at the last game in ’96 at the old Forum between the habs and stars. I guess that was the day when I got it…the Habs mean everything to the city, just as the Sox mean everything to Boston. Last night (in my opinion) is when the Bell Center “became” the new home of the Habs.

Game Summary in a nutshell”
    1st Period: Bruins dominate, Habs Score, Bruins continue to press, Price is Priceless.
    2nd Period: Habs score 2nd goal, Bruins lose confidence, series over!!!

127 habs4life: Yes, out of Beantown, the largest b’s are in Montreal, they are also in the Maritimes (based on proximity)

Why so many B’s fans in Montreal? Blame it on the Montreal Maroons who folded in 1938 based on financial difficulty as a result of the great depression. The NHL governors decided to fold the team, and leave Montreal with simply the Habs. The Maroons had primarily a English fan base, while the Habs had the French fan base. Many Maroons fans joined the Habs, some others joined the Leafs (most of them left in the 1970′s down the 401West..goodbye!), but other former Maroons fans decided to cheer for the Bruins because many of their players went to Boston….so there you have it.

Joseph:
    It been a blast, thanks for having me. I’ll chime in from time to time during the next series (hope you guys get Flyers, and not the BlueShirts). Most of my blogging continues with the upcoming NFL Draft (no, I’m not a Patriots fan…I’m a Raiders fan…god help me!)

Talk to you guys soon…good luck on the drive for 25.

Tony (

38. #38 Tony from NB says:
    April 22, 2008 at 9:10 pm

lol….

Tony ( an optimistic Bruins fan….and a Raiders fan that believes we need to draft Chris Long )

39. #39 Tony from NB says:
    April 22, 2008 at 9:29 pm

Just watching the Was Phl game 7….all this talk of Euro’s not having what it takes…well, Alex O’ reminds me so much of Forsberg in his prime. He is the real deal…effort,skill,in your face hockey. I really hope the Caps take it…there is a changing of the guard in the East…Habs,Pens, Caps for years to come. (maybe the B’s)

April 22, 2008 at 10:03 pm

Its Philly boys

41. #41 habs4life says:
    April 22, 2008 at 10:04 pm

Habs vs Flyers.

Gainey just relieved… :)

42. #42 habs4life says:
    April 22, 2008 at 10:07 pm

95 habs4life
    Posted on April 16th, 2008 at 12:08 pm. About ‘Habs / Bruins: Game 4′.

For sure we will be facing Flyers, because nervous Huet and juvernile Ovechkin don’t make any good playoff hockey.

Rangers will be facing Pens, because Marty cannot save the offensively weak New Jersey.

There will be hot games between Rangers and Pens…

Habs would be facing Rangers in the Eastern finale.

– That was my post on Game 4 –

April 22, 2008 at 10:07 pm

Not sure really either one would be tough , some people feel we would fair better against Rangers … me I just don’t know, Biron and Briere .. Well we will see Thursday !!!

44. #44 JohnS says:
    April 22, 2008 at 10:14 pm

Tony from NB I would have had you pegged for being a patriots fan.

Myself in addition to being a habs fan I am lifelong fan of the (dare I say it) Miami Dolphins lol.

Hoping the fins grab Chris Long for themselves lol.

45. #45 rhabs4real says:
    April 22, 2008 at 10:16 pm

I watched the Philly Washington game. The 1st goal by Philly was a softie. I knew you could depend on Huet for at least 1 softie, and of course we all know that Huet has never won anything, so I figured the pressure would get to him, and it did! Philly is much easier to beat than the rangers.

46. #46 Tony from NB says:
    April 22, 2008 at 10:27 pm

Pardon the NFL talk (i believe this site has a new stream, Round 2 )

JohnS:

My Raiders affiliation comes from my days living as a child in the Bay Area (my dad was in the military, so we moved a lot). I can’t stand the Pats and their pretty boy, system-dependent QB.

I guess you don’t know yet…the Fins just signed the OT Jake Long to a $60M deal…therefore, he will be their first pick this saturday. Now, there is even greater hope that C.Long is available at the 4 spot if the Rams take Dorsey, and the Falcons take Matt Ryan.

Ok habs fans…I leaving to go have a chat with a raider-hater blogger.

Good luck with those filthy/dirty flyers.

BTW…those habs fans that believed at the start of the series the Bruins are a dirty team should now realize that are game is similar to yours (minus Price and your skill..lol)

Tony ( saying Habs-Rangers conference finals )

47. Yep 5 hours, book it up 93, and then 89. Its worth it though. GOOD LUCK AGAINST THE FLYERS, YOU’LL KILL THEM!

48. #48 Datara says:
    April 23, 2008 at 12:22 am

Senet, I see my error, I didn’t mean that I didn’t think we could beat either team, I meant that I doubted that it would be Philly we faced, having lost game 6 in Philly (I thought Philly was done for), I personally don’t see a team in the league that the Habs can’t skate with, as far as the Rangers, I think that the 5 goal come back was the real turning point for the boys, I actually believe the Rangers will take Pittsburgh in 6, Habs in 6 with Philly, Habs in 5 or 6 with the Rangers. The Sharks do kind of scare me, but I the only team that can beat us is us.

I have never been a negative Habs fan, even during the worst year’s, as I mentioned in previous post, one of my proudest moments was when Koivu came back from cancer and they beat the B’s.

It’s playoff hockey, anything can happen, but I feel a certain magic in the air…..

49. #49 Joseph says:
    April 23, 2008 at 1:34 am

Make sure that you do stop back, Tony. You’re a good guy. As is BruinsFan.

By the way, where can I find your blog again, Tony?

It appears that the riots that ensued following Game 7 were the result of a hip-hop concert that let out and intermixed with the post-game celebration. Montreal police said that they didn’t think that it was the doing of hockey fans at all. Huge surprise.

50. #50 Senet 1 says:
    April 23, 2008 at 5:48 pm

Datara, glad you are on board, sorry I misunderstood.