Habs / Flyers: Game 1

• If we learned anything from round 1 of the Playoffs, it’s that regular season records mean absolutely nothing.

The Canadiens once again play a team they dominated in the regular season. Undefeated, at home and on the road.

If we learned anything else, it’s expect the unexpected.

Who knows what Philly team will show up? Who knows if Montreal will play with the urgency and intensity that they need? Will they underestimate the Flyers the same way they did the Bruins?

Will the powerplay resume and be the decision maker in this series? Or continue to struggle and be indifferent?

Can Martin Biron be as good or better than Carey Price?

All these and many more questions need to be answered starting tonight in Montreal.

1. #1 Joseph says:
    April 24, 2008 at 11:29 pm

Ah, there you are. I envision you in a cubicle of some kind… not too much sunlight… not a lot of fresh air.

Let’s get something straight. You come here to troll, which was evidenced in your whining about the refs deciding the game and your lack of objectivity when challenged. You then persist in telling me to wake up and resort to insulting my intelligence in a rather pretentious manner. Is that about accurate?

2. #2 Joseph says:
    April 24, 2008 at 11:31 pm

That’s true, Senet 1.

3. #3 Joseph says:
    April 24, 2008 at 11:33 pm

Podo, I’m waiting for you to provide your honest take on tonight’s game.

4. #4 Tony from NB says:
    April 24, 2008 at 11:34 pm

192 jack hab…..no worries, your still in the “heat” of the playoffs, I wish I can say the same.

As for PJ…..I consider him the NHL equivalent of ‘Emmitt Smith’ in TV commentary.
    He’s an uneducated idiot…

BTW…anybody catch that new reported for TSN following the Detroit Series…Sara Orlesky… I thought Burnaby Joe was gonna jump her during the pre-game interview…lol

5. #5 Podo2877 says:
    April 24, 2008 at 11:37 pm

Incorrect, but your analysis is greatly appreciated. Your correlation elevates your initial standard deviation level to a greater asset value for interpretation. Hockey fanatics are unique in this method. Thank you for your unique responses to a computer generated derivative designed for sports fans. Good luck to your team, and the game of hockey.

6. Yo Joseph, is Poodoo2877 trying to send you a sorry link????

7. #7 Joseph says:
    April 24, 2008 at 11:41 pm

Statistically speaking, I’m a bit of an outlier… with regard to hockey fanaticism.

8. #8 Joseph says:
    April 24, 2008 at 11:42 pm

No, he’s delivering a demonstration of his superior intelligence. Though I cannot imagine why it would used for such a lowly cause as this one.

9. #9 Podo2877 says:
    April 24, 2008 at 11:48 pm

That comment may be a disclaimer to your previous 232 postings. Hockey fanatacism and describing one’s self as an outlier provide as an interpretation of discourse. Although construed as somewhat disfunctional to the obvious, I still thank you for your hurried reponse.

10. #10 Podo2877 says:
    April 24, 2008 at 11:50 pm

Good luck to your team; many hours of analysis remain. Good Evening.

11. #11 Tony from NB says:
    April 24, 2008 at 11:52 pm

I going to my NFL blogs….I thought this was a hockey blog and not a Psycho 101 discourse.

Joseph…say “bonne soire Mr.Podo2877

12. #12 duckdoc says:
    April 24, 2008 at 11:53 pm

Common, guys, let’s back off the needles and the jabs against the Flyer fans.
    We all know in our heart of hearts it could (should?) have been us on the losing end, and we all know what a downer a loss in overtime can be.
    Flyer fans, my dig against Mrs. K. Smith was a cheap shot. I could say it was the “BLOG state of mind”, but I won’t. It was ignorant on my part.
    Now let’s go out and share some Philly Cheesesteaks and Molson’s at some good eating place on Crescent.
    PEACE OUT.

13. #13 Podo2877 says:
    April 24, 2008 at 11:53 pm

Impression of servitude, your response is noted.

April 24, 2008 at 11:54 pm

OMG OMG guys that was insane !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got in from the game OMG OMG KOVY!!!!!

15. #15 Joseph says:
    April 24, 2008 at 11:55 pm

And taking one’s time makes one spell ‘dysfunctional’ disfunctionally, apparently. The same could be said for fanaticism.

Nitpicking, no doubt, but what choice do I have when confronted with a master statistician and logician?

You’re a strange guy, Podo.

16. WAS IT GOOD OR WHAT DON…

17. #17 Joseph says:
    April 24, 2008 at 11:58 pm

No, Podo… impression of social skills and friendship. Your deficiency is noted.

18. #18 Podo2877 says:
    April 24, 2008 at 11:59 pm

I usually count on spell check and five interns. Have a grand evening, you deserve it.

19. #19 Podo2877 says:
    April 25, 2008 at 12:01 am

I mised your last response; amusing, but it has been noted and filed. This is most fascinating.

20. #20 Joseph says:
    April 25, 2008 at 12:01 am

The Habs played well enough to win on this glorious night. They’ll have to play better to win the series.

April 25, 2008 at 12:02 am

Guys I cant explain the feeling you get when its live !!! Kovy when he scored late in the third it was maqic dudes , I had seats in the dejardins section free food all night , whatever we wanted , only thing I paid was my beers!!! These tickets were given to me at 3.30pm I did not even know I was going before that … I am still cranked !!!!!

22. #22 Podo2877 says:
    April 25, 2008 at 12:02 am

Please note mised and missed; your are once again well documented.

23. #23 Joseph says:
    April 25, 2008 at 12:02 am

That I do, Podo, That I do.

You have yourself a grand evening as well.

24. #24 Joseph says:
    April 25, 2008 at 12:03 am

Your are too, Podo.

25. Is PODOO 2877 A FLYERS FAN OR A TREKIE,LOL

26. #26 Podo2877 says:
    April 25, 2008 at 12:04 am

COMP EVAL:632345734503, sent detail;9947285034563024583045
    blog,eval8943756803149683-24561834-134.
    CLOSE: SENT 042408: 2305
    REPORT: JOSEPH
    DIM:4

27. #27 Joseph says:
    April 25, 2008 at 12:04 am

I bet, Don Carnage… and I’m jealous!

April 25, 2008 at 12:05 am

Habs were unlucky with the 2 posts that gave me a bad feeling, after that it was like ok we need to score and we did in second, then tied that was insane, when they got that early 3rd goal I had a really bad feeling, but the hockey gods were there, I looked up in the rafters saw al those banners we were 6 vs 4 with less than 30 seconds to go … and magic happened … overtime madness and we win … crazy crazy insane !!!!

29. #29 Joseph says:
    April 25, 2008 at 12:06 am

Out of curiosity, Podo, how long do these episodes usually last? I mean, before you become an individual capable of dialogue again?

30. Sounds Fan tastic Don.

April 25, 2008 at 12:09 am

The noise is so loud … when the refs were reviewing the Kovy shorthanded tally the noise was so loud the ref could not hear a damn thing LOLOL we were just yelling at the top of our lungs, I am horse………….. it was just such a feeling OMG Kovy what a season ….

April 25, 2008 at 12:09 am

That loss is going to hurt Philly … mark my words

33. #33 Joseph says:
    April 25, 2008 at 12:10 am

He’s neither, Xtrahabsfan. He’s a Philadelphian. Being from Pittsburgh, I grew up with a special relationship with the folks from the eastern portion of the state.

34. #34 Podo2877 says:
    April 25, 2008 at 12:10 am

Return to the subject of hockey; the purpose of this blog. Have a good evening.

35. WHILE YOU WERE AWAY WE ALL HELD FORT hABS safe….trolls…….lol

36. That explains the crack in old Liberty

37. #37 Joseph says:
    April 25, 2008 at 12:15 am

I’ll never understand trolling.

38. I’m startin to like this Habs / Philly rivalry…

39. #39 Joseph says:
    April 25, 2008 at 12:21 am

Podo was good enough to provide a statistical analysis of my blogging relevancy, Xtrahabsfan. That’s what he was doing.

An outlier is a piece of data that is numerically distant from the mean or norm, and thus dealt with or removed. In this case, hockey fanaticism being the norm.

40. #40 Joseph says:
    April 25, 2008 at 12:23 am

Because of the action on the ice, or the action in your blog?

41. #41 rhabs4real says:
    April 25, 2008 at 12:25 am

But you know, it’s scary to think habs are winning and not playing great. It means this is really a team of destiny. God is watching over our habs.
    it’s much better to be lucky than good!

42. #42 Joseph says:
    April 25, 2008 at 12:28 am

But I thought that you had to be good to be lucky, lucky to be good.

43. POODOO must then be a putz!Yo Putz your team lost 4-3 to the 24 time Stanley Cup Champs,there’s your stats for ya !!!

44. #44 Joseph says:
    April 25, 2008 at 12:36 am

Podo is a putz. But no more a putz than me for allowing him to bait me.

45. #45 bossdj420 says:
    April 25, 2008 at 3:41 am

Holy shit! I can’t believe how many posts there are following the game. This philly troll really got to you guys. It’s hard to judge that game… the flyers goals were ugly, but sometimes ugly goals win you games. Not this time. The habs goals were more skilled(AK46 and AK27) and went in due to hard work and determination(TK06).
    I’m laughing at these trolls saying that the habs were lucky to win. I think the Flyers were lucky to be even leading the game on both occasions. Nice comeback tonight, and let’s show em why we were first in the East on Saturday by just murdering them. Saturdays game prediction: Habs 6-2! Series prediction: Habs in five!

46. lol WHAT THE HELL IS WITH ALL THIS ARGUEING!!! The Flyers are going down in 4 or 5. So Flyer fans watch the games closely because you won’t be seeing ur flyers were too much longer.

47. #47 DieHard Habs Fan says:
    April 25, 2008 at 7:44 am

There is still a lot of Hockey left to play in this series, May it be 4 straight, 5, 6 or 7.

Montreal can’t let their guard down for one min. They have to play like there is no tommorrow. Play like it is game 7. Knock of these “Chump”Flyers as quick as they can and then they can rest up for the next round. The further a series goes the less rest they will have. Every 6 to 7 round series will catch up with you as the deeper you go. Play full out every night, finish it and rest…

48. #48 DieHard Habs Fan says:
    April 25, 2008 at 7:47 am

It is plain to see that all of us Habs Fans in here LOVE one another.

Lets share our Love with the Flyer Fans.

We Love you, our Flyer Brother & Sisters.

49. #49 Flyers really won game one says:
    April 25, 2008 at 9:30 am

What a joke last night was….I now see its the Flyers vs Canada not just Montreal. Don’t get me wrong it’s not the Canadiens I have a problem with but are you going to tell me that 2nd goal wasn’t hit with a high stick???? Its pretty safe to say when the stick ends up sitting on top of the crossbar that it was in fact high sticking(although great hands to even make the play happen). Of course the review war room is also in Canada so I am not really surpried that you all will stick together until you bring a cup home to one of your four undeserving teams. The Richards Penatly was bull$hit too but hey thats in real time so I can’t get to mad except you can’t call that with the time reaming in the game unless it totally justified. Very classy move to throw beer on Richards too, in case you forgot he is also from Canada. I can’t wait till you punks come to Philly.

Refs 1

Flyers 0

50. #50 jack hab says:
    April 25, 2008 at 10:25 am

As for ‘lovin’ our Flyer fans. Yeah, sure as long as the respect is mutual.

Now about our win being a fluke… Their first goal goes off Breezer’s stick, their third goal
    takes the bounce of the year goes off Lupul’s leg and in. Yeah all skill, obviously NO LUCK
    there.

Now about OUR bad luck… First Period… 2 posts and a goal that went in as the buzzer
    sounded… Oh did I mention Breezer’s stick? (Not bashing the breeze, just had to mention it again)

Habs in 6!!