Habs / Flyers: Game 2

• Sloppy play, unlucky bounces & fluky goals all characterized game one of this series.

The Habs managed a late comeback victory regardless of all that.

What will happen if the Habs or the Flyers execute their game plan effectively?

1. #1 Joseph says:
    April 27, 2008 at 7:11 pm

The world is off its meds again.

2. #2 Joseph says:
    April 27, 2008 at 7:23 pm

Sometimes I look forward to getting home and catching up with opinions (both from Habs fans and fans of opposing teams) expressed on this blog, but most of the time finding something worth reading requires sifting through a sea of unintelligible and/or thoughtless garbage.

The internet has provided everyone a voice. It’s a shame that so few actually have something to say.

Thanks to those who have something to say, something worth reading. You guys make this place worth the visit.

3. #3 Nadeem says:
    April 27, 2008 at 7:48 pm

Stop with the boooo , boo, onl makes them play harder and better and you know of whom I am speaking!!!!
    And drop the OLE, OLE, drives me crazy when I hear it – IT’S A EUROPEAN SOCCER CHANT!!!!!!!!!THIS IS NORTH AMERICAN HOCKEY. WE ARE NOT EUROPEANS, I cringe when I listen to that chant in our stadium, let’s get something CANADIAN going…who started the stupid OLE anyway???????? Not us good old Canadian folk, grrrrrrrrr and boos make for better playing and also makes us look like suckeeeeee babies, get over it, who cares, we should just be confident in our present time, whatever. I am so frustrated with the fans, low life I guess, for the most part that’s who follows hockey.

4. OLE:

You must be from Philadelphia, because your use of language and lack of sense fits the profile. When is the last time a team from Philly won anything? seriously. Sixers??? Flyers??? Eagles???? Phillies??? They won one game so what! Their not going to win the series, even on the slight chance they do, they would get swept in the next round. That’s just the Philly way.

5. Riberio 2nd in play-off scoring with 11 pts.Has he ever proved people wrong,dam,could of really used him!

6. #6 Joseph says:
    April 28, 2008 at 12:13 am

I’ve a question for Philadelphians, and this is not meant as an insult, so cool your heels.

Why was a statue of a fictional character allowed to be placed in front of the Spectrum?

7. #7 Joseph says:
    April 28, 2008 at 12:14 am

Ribeiro is the ‘real deal’.

8. #8 habby says:
    April 28, 2008 at 1:51 am

Post 150:

Flyers outworked the Habs. What game were you watching? Habs Out shot the flers by like 14 shots. They won because they had a couple better shots. And Biron stood on his head. He was good. Well flyyers fans watch out because the Habs are going to come out flying in game 3 and won’t stop till the end. Mark my words.

9. #9 duckdoc says:
    April 28, 2008 at 3:01 am

Flew out to San Francisco Friday and ran into a couple of Shark fans on the plane. Had my Habs cap on. They looked at it, chuckled to each other, to which I responded, “Maybe we’ll meet in the Finals. If we do, we’ll klick your ass”.
    I am not a hero. They were just a couple of short, bl;oated guys. Joke may be on me AND them, based on how the Habs looked Saturday and them dropping the opening home games to Dallas.
    Here’s the skinny on Price. When he goes into his crouch, there’s plenty of room above each shoulder, and it’s no secret as both the Bruins and now the Flyers have been shooting mostly high up. That’s just part of the problem. Even in the crouch, Carey can snag the puck on high shots, sight unimpeded. However, the Flyers have been cruising in front of him, screening him at will, as our Canadiens are unwilling, unprepared, or just plain intimidated to move them out of the way.
    Tony Bennett may come out with a new version of his greatest hit, that begins with,”Habs left their BALLS, in San Francisco!”
    Maybe Carbo should go back to the days of old, and keep the team sequestered from wives and girlfriends during the playoffs. The way they’ve been looking lately, skating like their legs weighed a ton each,makes me wonder if it isn’t a case of “Sugar in the morning, Sugar in the evening,Sugar most any time.”
    In other words, NOOKY and HOCKEY is definitely not an example of perfect rhyming.

10. #10 Tony from NB says:
    April 28, 2008 at 6:27 am

Hi Joseph,

The Rocky Statue is purely an entertainment/cultural depiction of the 20th century.

It has been received with much controversy over the years, moving from the art museum to/from the Spectrum…is it art or is it pop-culture? …well, the “fathers” of Philly agreed it was a “tourist attraction”.

Geez…from the Liberty Bell to Rocky…what a city!

Since we are on this topic…what’s going on with the Forum these days? I believe it’s still up?

Take it for what it’s worth…the Forum was so iconic. There are just a few places left in N.A ….Fenway, Wrigley, Yankee Stadium (idiots are building a new one), Lambeau & Soldier Field, and perhaps Notre Dame Stadium

I always believed that a 2nd major renovation was the route to go. Just look at Soldier, Lambeau, and Fenway today.

I realize it’s about $$$$….but my last memory of that place was ’96, last game with the torches high…wow.

As for the Boston Garden….it had character, but hey, when the rats find the place a dump it’s time to move on :)

Tony from NB ( saying… “YO ADRIAN!” )

11. It sucks because I have hockey tonight and won’t be able to see the 2nd and third periods. But hopefully they score the first goal of the game!

12. #12 DieHard Habs Fan says:
    April 28, 2008 at 7:36 am

I hope Montreal knocks some f_cking teeth down the throats of those Flyers tonight. Every time the Flyers score a goal they taunt the Habs players. I’m glad that the Habs Mr. Greek gave Jackass a sucker punch.

All that F_cking Stevens does is whine. The first game he said his team got no breaks. What the f_ck! Two goal posts by the Habs and two fluky goals for the Flyers. No breaks. Cry me a F_cking river.

If it were not for luck and the Flyers getting all of the breaks and bounces Montreal would have gotten 8 goals every game so far. We hit 3-4 post Saturday night as well.

And last game Stevens whined about the cheap shot from the Greek on Montreal and that Montreal players had no class. Carbo blasted back about class when the Flyers had the most suspensions of any team this year.

I hope to F_ck that Montreal is pissed off enough to hand the Flyers their Asses for the rest of the series.

I am sorry for some of my comments Saturday night. I should wait till the next day to post after I calm down. I hate to lose, no matter what I play. My passion burns so intensely for the habs, it just takes control of me.

13. #13 DieHard Habs Fan says:
    April 28, 2008 at 7:42 am

I agree with you duckdoc.

People are saying that Price is tired. I say, NO he is not. Price needs to get into that Zone again.

Please Mr.Price, start kicking some ass from now on….. We need him. With out APrice we will go no where….

14. #14 DieHard Habs Fan says:
    April 28, 2008 at 7:43 am

My bloody fingers are to big for this laptop……..

15. #15 portly says:
    April 28, 2008 at 8:04 am

The Spectrum is about to be demolished to make way for a huge commercial development in the shadow of the new stadiums now gracing the South Broad Street corridor. They really ARE a sight to see, the Linc (Eagles), Citizens Bank (Phils) and the Wachovia Center (Sixers and Flyers) are really state-of-the art facilities (dontcha hate bank names on sports facilities??) and a credit to their sports-mad town. The Rocky statue actually has spent several years at the Phialdephia Art Museum, which brought many questions like yours, Joseph. It IS a piece of art, but it also embodies the blue-collar work ethic of this city and the determination and pluck expressed by the “up-by-your-bootstraps” guys here that spend a large proportion of their hard earned pay to go root for their beloved teams…no cheap feat.

Look around your city, my friend, and you may find a few statues of “fictional” or mythical figures as well i’m sure…it’s certainly not something unique to Philly.

Oh, and to DuckDoc: there is one more option you failed to mention regarding the Flyers ability to cruise the crease unmolested:…unwilling, unprepared, intimidated…how about just plain UNABLE!?! We have even used the 6’5″ 260 lb Derrien Hatcher in this roll occasionally, and our main man on the crease, despite a partially torn ACL, will be back in the lineup tonight pestering Monsieur La Price…one Mr. Mike Knuble. Mais oui, it would make Rocky proud!!

Lets get it ON!

16. YA THE SOONER THE HABS BLOW OUT THE fLYERS THE BETTER,GO HABS GO

17. #17 duckdoc says:
    April 28, 2008 at 9:18 am

BLEU………….BLANC…………..ROUGE……….
    It’s wakeup time!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

GO, HABS, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Reality check for all you Hab Fans, you are just living a dream…Habs scraped by Boston(a team they should have taken in 4 games), and now Habs are playing an average team(Flyers) and are struggling at that…Habs just don’t have what it takes to compete in the playoffs, they are not a playoff team. So to all my little Hab fans out there, don’t sprain an ankle jumping off the Bandwagon again(Typical Hab Fan) and start singing to yourself..”Nah Nah Nah Nah, Nah Nah Nah Nah, Hey Hey Hey, GOOD BYE!”

19. #19 habs4life says:
    April 28, 2008 at 11:27 am

The strongest Habs two lines would be:

AK27 – AK46 – SK74;
    SK11 – HC21 – TP14.

20. #20 habs4life says:
    April 28, 2008 at 11:28 am

rather CH21

21. Post#169 Jack-off,take your goof pills would ya,and what ever you do don’t bet on the game rainman,lol…GO HABS GO…..

April 28, 2008 at 11:55 am

Philly players laughing at Price and others on the Habs after they scored? Wow hate to say it philly fans but you guys just woke up a sleeping giant. Look out here comes Price.

April 28, 2008 at 11:57 am

Oh yeah on another note…. I once had a girl tell me to kiss her where it stinks so i took her to philly GO HABS GO GO HABS GO GO HABS GO

24. #24 DieHard Habs Fan says:
    April 28, 2008 at 12:10 pm

You can take this right to the Bank;

“PRICE WILL NOT HAVE 2 BAD GAMES IN ROW”

Biron will not have a repeat performance of last game. He can thank his post brothers for the win.

Price will make Biron look like a novice tonight.

Bring on the Flyer BITCHES!!!!!

25. #25 rhabs4real says:
    April 28, 2008 at 12:22 pm

lineup change: Dandeneault is out, and Latendresse is in for tonight!
    official.

26. #26 habs4life says:
    April 28, 2008 at 12:26 pm

Dandy OUT, Lats IN.

Begin, Lapierre and Steit.
    Smoke, TK and Lats

Sorry, DieHard, Ryder still healthy watching.

27. #27 DieHard Habs Fan says:
    April 28, 2008 at 12:33 pm

So.

habs4life, what’s your point?

28. #28 DieHard Habs Fan says:
    April 28, 2008 at 12:34 pm

It is just as well for Carbo stick his finger up his Ass then to put Lats in!!!

29. #29 habs4life says:
    April 28, 2008 at 12:39 pm

no, sir. that’s the latest news for 3rd and 4th line. So far, no info for 1st and 2nd.

30. #30 habs4life says:
    April 28, 2008 at 12:44 pm

Carbo should split SK11 and AK27. Simply, Carbo cannot put on his lucky tie every game.

SK11 and AK27 in one line is somehow “leadership” zero-sum.

31. #31 habs4life says:
    April 28, 2008 at 12:56 pm

For Carbo, I’d rather change ONE line instead of mixing the two lineups: Keeping 4th line unchanged; just putting Lats to Dandy’s position. Why mix up???

Begin, Lapierre and Steit.
    Smoke, TK and Lats

32. #32 DieHard Habs Fan says:
    April 28, 2008 at 1:04 pm

Leafs new 2008-09 Captain:

33. #33 duckdoc says:
    April 28, 2008 at 2:01 pm

Knuble may be coming back tonight for the Flyers. Any of you out there know which knee is the ailing one? If you do, pass it on down to the CH dressing room and make sure that Tom(6), Steve(22) and Mike(8)get the message.
    On another note, now that Jacques Lemaire has been let go by the Wild, is there any chance he might come back to the Hab Family? I watched him all the time he played for Canadiens; he was the best 2 way player (and I do not mean that in the Flyer sense; he only likes women)ever. Number #25 should have been retired years ago. Anybody out there know what the deal is? He must have pissed off somebody really big in the organization.

34. #34 duckdoc says:
    April 28, 2008 at 2:03 pm

COUNTDOWN TO FLYER AMF TIME:
    One down, three to go.

35. #35 habs4life says:
    April 28, 2008 at 2:09 pm

Koivu centring Kovalev and Higgins
    Plekanec centring the Kostitsyn brothers
    Smolinski centring Latendresse and Kostopoulos
    Lapierre centring Streit and Bégin

Hope this works well.

36. #36 duckdoc says:
    April 28, 2008 at 2:32 pm

Whoever it was that wrote about Markov being injured was right on.
    The guy used to lead all the rushes up ice, skate in from the blue line on a give-and-go, and apply muscle in our end. I believe his problem is the main reason our power play is gone. Bouillon can log the puck but the Flyers have been abusing him like a flyswatter on a mosquito.
    We got any defenseman on the farm ( or on the bench) that can take the puck down the ice?

37. #37 rcbhotrod says:
    April 28, 2008 at 2:44 pm

habs4life not bad line up but why in the hell would you even think latendresse in the line up put a real hockey player back in Ryder

38. #38 habsfan says:
    April 28, 2008 at 2:55 pm

Well at least we finally have slow as hell Dandedault if finally out of lineup!

I like the toughness of the 3rd line Smolinski – Latendresse – Kostopoulos

And I like putting Begin and Lapierre back together on the 4th line.

The only last thing I would love to see on that 4th line would replacing Streit with Ryder so we get Begin-Lapierre-Ryder OR I would really love to see
    Chipchura-Lapierre-Begin

39. #39 habs4life says:
    April 28, 2008 at 3:14 pm

Habs never lack of skills, but we do need “hitting” and “blocking”.

Warriors, like TK06 and Begin, are really needed in the lineups. So, for the lineup change tonight, I can see the “physical” factor.

40. #40 habs4life says:
    April 28, 2008 at 3:21 pm

Bégin and TK06 are both “physical” motivators. Splitting them could make TWO lines energetic. That’s what Carbo thought, I guess.

41. #41 Joseph says:
    April 29, 2008 at 3:08 pm

Tony and portly:

Thanks for the thoughtful explanantions. I remember reading something about the Rocky statue being moved from the Art Museum to the Spectrum but I didn’t know the details behind it.

As far a statues of fictional characters go, I’m quite certain that they exist in every city. And although I’m not entirely in agreement with the idea of them being idolized, I do appreciate the more general iconism that they represent. But then, we’re a strange culture.

As to the old forum, I believe that it has since be turned in to an entertainment center, with pieces of its historical past being preserved within. For example, center ice, as I understand it, still resides in the middle of the complex.