Habs Hit the Road

• The Habs start a 3 game road trip tonight which will see them meet Philly, Ottawa and Detroit.

It’ll be crucial to get off to a good start with a decisive win against Philly, the worst team in the league. Because the game in Ottawa will be a challenging one and the Sens have climbed within 3 points of the Habs. Although the Habs have 2 games in hand.

The Senators still haven’t played their best hockey and the larger the gap the Habs can make it the better.

When is the last time the Habs finished above the Sens in the standings?

The Ottawa game will be the first game of Hockey Day in Canada which will be broadcast coast to coast.

Am I neglecting the Flyers? The Flyers DID beat the Canadiens once already this year.

If the Habs lose to the Flyers again that would be quite embarrassing because if anyone has watched the Flyers a few times this year, you know that their record is deserved. They are awful. They have basically given up on the season.

A couple consecutive wins will get the Habs back on track and then two great matchups against the Sens and Red Wings.

The Habs and Wings meet rarely and it’s always a good metric to see how the Habs compete in Hockeytown.

Sheldon Souray voted into the All-Star starting lineup. Congratulations to Sheldon who has certainly been a leader and a rock on the PP for the Habs.

A career season, starting All-Star nomination, and an unrestricted free agent. If you’re a betting man the smart wager would be that these are Sheldon’s last games in the Tricolore.

Souray could realistically pull in 5 million a season now. Maybe more. You know he’ll at least be shopping it, and other teams are willing. Can the Habs offer something like that? Would that not leave chicken bones and scraps for Markov, Rivet and company?

And that’s assuming Souray still wants to be a Hab.

Enjoy the rocket blast while you can.

1. Actually, coutNY_HabsFan:

You have to WRITE Fedorov 100X’s on the blackboard. Forsberg breaks up more than Paris Hilton. That guy is completely damaged good, but I mean that in a good way, mom.

2. I also like the fact that Smiler2729 is giving Ryder his due by entitling him, Lord Michael Ryder. Now, that’s better, boys… That’s the positivity that I am talking about!

3. #3 coutNY_HabsFan says:
    January 12, 2007 at 5:07 pm

4. The Habs need to play better defense and not allow as many shots on net. I aree with some people on this site that if they allow a lot of shots against the Senators and Red Wings, then they will lose both. I think Montreal can compete with Ottawa and I feel they can beat them. They have played them well this season and should do so again tomorrow. I am not sure how they will do against the Red Wings but they should at least be able to compete with them. Montreal plays well against the good teams so we will see how they do. I hope they do well in the next couple of games so that we can put some breathing room between us and the Senators who are suddenly breathing down our necks. We were 12 points ahead of them a couple of weeks ago but now we are just 3 points ahead. Let’s start a winning streak again!

Ziyad

5. #5 kazmojo says:
    January 12, 2007 at 5:53 pm

hey coutNY_HabsFan, your spelling is terrible but your observations are spot on. I can live with the misspelling: keep the observations coming!

And you gotta say this for joshtm: at least he’s consistent. There were plenty of others here whining and moaning during the brief downturn, and he’s the only one sticking to his criticisms. I still think he’s dead wrong, but at least he ain’t fickle.

6. #6 stevejur says:
    January 12, 2007 at 6:04 pm

coutNY_HabsFan to answer your question.
    The deal would have to include 23 year old Pitkanen and Forsberg.
    Philly is shopping Pitkanen as we speak. They want a young D prospect in return.

I’m not sure what they would want, but I’m sure we can give something up.
    You gotta give something to get something and a player like Samsonov could be easily replaced.
    All those young players we have in the farm 10% will make it to the NHL, the others down the toilet.

Now’s the time to take a shot.
    Let’s start weeding out the players we think will make it or break it.

7. #7 coutNY_HabsFan says:
    January 12, 2007 at 6:32 pm

Thanks kazmojo

- I pledge to work on the spelling and grammer. most of time, I am WRITING thoughts quickly on the blog to make points, that may reference previous blogs (while at work), so I do always have time to check the spelling and grammer… but I now know why I was passed over for all those literary Awards!

I take it as harmless fun none the less and enjoy the insight even if it is directed at me!

8. #8 smiler2729 says:
    January 12, 2007 at 7:18 pm

I’m glad I can help

9. #9 joshtm says:
    January 12, 2007 at 9:07 pm

Let’s see:
    Samsonov: $3,525,000 history of various leg injuries…
    Ninnima: $2,508,000 history of ankle injuries
    Streit: $ 600,000 history of flu
    and knowing Bob’s horrible trading habits, kick in Grabby, Price and Youppi…

For Forsberg $5,750,000 history of groin, leg, concussion, you name it Forsberg got it….classic for Gainey, lottsa salary, and lottsa injuries, classic hookem, minor penalty star…all the ingredients for a Hab, and he’s small too….

10. #10 joshtm says:
    January 12, 2007 at 9:36 pm

I forgot to include Pitkanen’s $2,000,000 salary and of course hstory of groin, abdominal etc…. three inches taller than the skinny Forsberg….

We’d have to throw in Murray I guess to even it all off, and of course for good measure we’d throw in future picks, and heck why not throw in Kirk Muller too….and maybe a poutine wagon

11. #11 Jack Tornton says:
    January 12, 2007 at 10:38 pm

coutNY_HabsFan:
    Lol! Dat waz o goud onne! (That was a good one)

12. #12 Jack Tornton says:
    January 12, 2007 at 10:41 pm

“I need a spell checker! Rob, From now on I will send my blogs to you and Smiler can explain them to everyone…
    I am going re-read everything 10X’s and by the time it gets to the board it will be referencing 10 blogs earlier… thanks for the complex guys!”

13. Streit : History of the FLu? HAHAHAHA

WHat a ridiculous comment. I think we have a toddler on our hands.

14. #14 habs phan says:
    January 13, 2007 at 1:19 am

ok, the recipe for victory against the senators. 1- 1 pound of fresh crisp passes. 2- 1 litre of blocked shots. 3- 350ml of consitency through 3 periods.
    4- 40g of shots on net( 1g per shot). 5- 3 tablespoons of koivu’s magic ( 1 per period). 6- a dash of ryders shots on net. and finaly 7- a pinch of huet standing on his head. if we mix all this together we will produce the winning formula. so let’s get cooking boys. it’s in ya!!!! go habs go

15. #15 Snake says:

Plekanec ot winner
    Luongo 35 saves
    Lombardi 2 goals

16. #16 Snake says:
    January 13, 2007 at 4:57 am

Poll Question:

Which center would everyone prefer to acquire before the deadline:

a) Conroy
    b) Forsberg +
    c) Fedorov
    d) Morrison
    e) Langkow

I didnt add Marleau because he would be the overwhleming winner.

17. #17 HIggins21 says:
    January 13, 2007 at 7:55 am

JoshTM;

I have a question for you. What do you think of Mats Sundin’s baked bean teeth?

18. #18 HIggins21 says:
    January 13, 2007 at 7:58 am

ANyone else starting to think that JOsh is in fact a Leafs fan in disguise. HE is soo envoius of the Habs and their record that he needs to come on our site and bash our team.

19. #19 HIggins21 says:
    January 13, 2007 at 7:59 am

Snake;

I would say Langkow just because of his salary and age.

20. #20 smiler2729 says:
    January 13, 2007 at 9:21 am

Peter Forsberg, he can stay healthy for 2 months right?

21. #21 smiler2729 says:
    January 13, 2007 at 9:26 am

Phoque the Leafs and their fans, today is Hockey Day in Canada. All about Canada and its love for the game which as the NHL record books indicate is pretty much dominated by the team from Montreal known as “Les Canadiens” so if any Leaf fan you know starts spouting off about them being the centre of the hockey universe, slam a record book in their ugly faces! Long live the Rocket!

22. #22 HABMAN says:
    January 13, 2007 at 1:46 pm

Right on Smiler2729.It will be interesting who calls the game today and how many penalties the Habs will get. I doubt that HNIC will waste much time on Montreal and Quebec since they believe that Taranna is the center of the universe. BUT WE KNOW BETTER DON’T WE!!! GO HABS GO!!!

23. #23 Kazmojo says:
    January 13, 2007 at 1:51 pm

joshtm:
    Pitkanen is a bargain at $2M. But we don’t have much to give in return. We gave up our best defensive prospects in Beauchemin and Hainsey – to Columbus via waiver. Ouch.

Niinimaa is useless and clogs up cap space, true. But we got rid of the equally useless Ribeiro in return — and we just have to live with Niinimaa for a year. Besides, the aforementioned lack of defensive prospects required some depth on the blueline with Bouillon and Dandenault out early.

And Streit is a bargain at $600k. A 7th dman who can qb the pp, kill penalties as a winger, and skate regular shifts on the 4th line? Give that man a raise!

24. #24 HabsInBlood says:
    January 13, 2007 at 3:20 pm

^$%#^&$&$

NHL Center isn’t carrying the Mtl/Ott game – they have everything else on hockey day in Canada on today, but not the Habs game. What the F? My day and weekend has been ruined. There must be a lot of pissed off Habs fans across the U.S. today.

Are there any remote (expat) Habs fans out there that can suggest any alternate ways via the internet to watch the Habs?

Help me, please.

25. #25 snake says:
    January 13, 2007 at 3:40 pm

Komisaraek, what are you doing? WHat has happened to his game. 4 straight turnovers leading to a goal. What a joke! He is playing like #52 today. But too be honest Komi has struggles alot in the last month. NO denying it. Slow in his own end and lacks any type of offensive talent. If he misses the hit it big time trouble.

I wish I didnt have to say that since he is one of my favs but players like Sammy and Murray cant be blemed for his mistakes.

26. #26 joshtm says:
    January 13, 2007 at 3:41 pm

You call yourselves Habs fans? You can’t see the horrihle mess that is the defense? If you buy a Ford Focus at Ferrari prices don’t complain eh? Who else but the habs would continue to pay millions for injured has-beens?

Oh wait, the rest of the NHL has superior defense, even the Flyers eh? What a miracle, the Habs defense stuck with a league that has superior defense…as if.

The truth is the Habs don’t have a defense. Even the worst NHL team can walk into the Habs end and shoot a million shots. And you make excuses for Ninimaa and Streit? And all Souray does these days is stand around and help the other team, the only time he is good is when the Habs offense actually decides to wake up, that is if it is not getting stupid penalties. Then and only then does Souray show he is a hockey player. What the F- is this, the Habs can only produce when they only have four skaters? You call that a team?

Where the hell is the combined 16 million that is spent on defense? Over twenty million if you add in the friggen goalies and don’t forget the invisible assistant coaching staff….

Why do we keep paying big money for players who are easy pickings for the other teams pathetic offensive fourth lines? Even the other teams fourth lines are scoring on the Habs!! What does that tell you?

Excuse me, I am a Habs fan, I want them to win. I want defense. I want offense. At least we have good goal tending. If it wasn’t for Huet or Abby Montreal would not be where it is, cause Koivu and Kovalev spend most of their time in the penalty box. What kind of leadership is that?

The only time Koivu and Kovalev produce is when we ship up rookies, cause the overpaid offense like Johnson and Downie are has beens, overpaid and underworked. If we got rid of Johnson and Downie’s combined salaries we could get a decent d-man or a decent center to buff up the fourth line.

27. #27 high 4 habs says:
    January 13, 2007 at 3:43 pm

This game is over! We didn’t show up, AGAIN! No DEFENSE! NO DEFENSE! NO DEFENSE! NO DEFENSE! No DEFENSE!!!!!!!! down 3-0, before end of 1st period! PATHETIC!
    Habs in Blood: consider it a blessing you didn’t find a channel carrying this game! This could be our worst defeat of the season.

28. What a fucking disgrace!! On National Television no less. Rivet has got to go. I’ve paused my tv with the Habs down 3-0. Will it be 4-0 by the time I’m done typing this. No heart no pride.

29. #29 high 4 habs says:
    January 13, 2007 at 3:48 pm

Down 4-0 end of 1st period. For all you dreamers who think we have a chance of winning the cup this year, you’re looking through rose colored glasses! what a joke! HA HA HA Ha Ha………… This team has absolutely NO DEFENSE

30. yes it’s 4-0. They should just go right to the bus and head down the highway to Detroit.
    Play Abby in the 2nd.

31. #31 HABMAN says:
    January 13, 2007 at 3:52 pm

THE HORROR!! THE HORROR!!!!!!

32. #32 high 4 habs says:
    January 13, 2007 at 3:53 pm

Doesn’t matter who they play in goal. Joke that Souray is in allstar game. he’s a good defenseman? give me a break! The entire country now gets to see just how horrible our D is,and that we look like boys playing men. Ottawa is just toying with us. I predict 8-0 for the game! I’m completely disgusted with performance! Rivet must go! As well as our defensive coach!

33. #33 high 4 habs says:
    January 13, 2007 at 4:08 pm

I hope Ottawa really piles it on, and scores more goals so then Carbo will realize just how crappy our defense is, and maybe trade Rivet. He must go, ASAP! The only reason we beat Philly, is because they are the worst team in the league, and Atlanta has no defence!

34. #34 What the? says:
    January 13, 2007 at 4:20 pm

Gainey needs to do something. And quick. Rivet is a dinosaur in this league. Need to move a couple of Russians and get a player who wants to compete.

35. #35 Habs#1 says:
    January 13, 2007 at 4:21 pm

You can now officially count me among the people who have finally lost all faith, confidence and any sort of support for Rivet. I hope he never puts on the Habs Jersey again after this year cause it’s not like they can trade him. No one would want him.

But this game is a blip on the radar. They did not come in at all in this game with any kind of passion. That will need to change against Detroit on Monday.

36. #36 Habs#1 says:
    January 13, 2007 at 4:22 pm

Let’s just hope Huet isn’t as sensitive as Roy and get’s angry about the fact he was left in till it was 6-0.

37. LISTEN UP!!…..sorry, just really pissed..not even at the game itself…WHAT THE #$%^ HAPPENED BETWEEN PERIODS?

I am too busy to watch the game today…..a friend of mine just called me in an uproar…..apparantly some of the ottawa fans were shown on the videotron ( or whatever the hell its called ) between periods throwing the montreal mascot into a body of water? ( a la Laura Gainey?)…..

apparently Yvon Pednault couldnt even finish his sentence during his between period talk and is so inscenced he is having a hard time continuing.

I mean you’ve gotta be fucking kidding me…did this really happen?…I know my friend is so pissed he may just beat the living bejesus out of the first sens fan he sees.

If this is true I will be the one who starts the petition demanding the apology of the ottawa fans Canada wide.

holy sheepshit…I’m so mad right now, i cant spell, talk or even imagine what the likes of the habs and Gainey are thinking. They can lose the game, but they better pound the fuck out of a few sens before its over…

sorry guys…just really mad…

Izzy…gonna find the truth

38. #38 high 4 habs says:
    January 13, 2007 at 4:36 pm

Ottawa fans are probably the most insensitive and stupid fans in the league! no wonder Ottawa can’t ever win the cup. If you live in Ottawa, I pity you.

39. #39 joshtm says:
    January 13, 2007 at 4:56 pm

Actually when your so called stars who are paid millions: Ninnima, Samsonov, Souray are not producing, you don’t blame them, cause hey they are professional hockey players. They must have some type of skill after all their agents managed to sheister the habs outta some serious beans.

No, you blame the guys who acted as scouts, the lawyers who caved in to Gainey and Carbo for agreeing to get ripped off. Then when the so called talent arrives in Montreal, they learn pretty quick, Montreal likes to pamper injured players and pays for hang nails and the smallest injury, heck last week the Habs agreed to bring an ambulance for Samsonov cause he had split ends and they medivac’d him to Switzerland for treatment….honestly, what the Habs do and the culture of apathy surrounding actually having to work for the money you get, is sad. No wonder the Habs like to call it a “family”…

Finally the coaching staff for not making these overpaid bastards actually produce. Carbo has to go. He can’t coach worth crap. Gainey has to go, he can’t deal for players, all he is good for is spotting potential rookies….finally Muller and Jarvis are a waste of breath to mention cause where the hell have they been?

Time for a big shake up at the Habs, from Gainey down to the assistant coaching staff, of course the goalies coach survives the regular coup that sweeps over the coaching staff in Montreal.

But when you have Red Cross acting as your scouts, and your lawyers chase ambulances….all Montreal will continue to get, as has been the playbook over the past decade are injured has beens. Only our goalies are great, well with a pathetic defense and an unglamorous offense, they have to be…

40. if these guys are recorded on the videotron, they should be sought out and be barred from any nhl game for life….after the apology that is.

man …so steamed..i mean, this goes way beyond hockey……….our habs better bone up and do some damage in the third.

41. 7-2 that’s just great….mmmm, no we don’t need any changes! The Habs are set!

Another Stanley Cup coming right up!!! Not a single change required! We are great, Oh yeah baby can’t wait to have that stanley cup parade…Does anyone know where I can reserve my spot on the parade path. Please hurry up if you can help…I don’t want to miss my chance. Y’know and end up way back because everyone has beaten me to it. Please help asap.

Has reality sunk in yet!!! I am a fan but can’t stand these type of games (and results). A well balanced team doesn’t lose like this! Besides is it another virus!! or saliva infection or jock strap rash. Let’s get an interview set up with the medical staff to see if they can shed light on the sudden medical condition hitting the team. Supposedly the virus is known as freeloaderitis hope there is a known cure.

42. #42 high 4 habs says:
    January 13, 2007 at 5:00 pm

Even tho we are being routed, and thoroughly embarrassed, with the whole nation watching, there is 1 consolation; we can’t lose more than 2 points today, and it doesn’t mean the end to the season. So, somehow the team will have to regroup and show up the next game. Remember 2 weeks ago, when leafs beat boston 10-2? Boston managed to win the next game, following that collapse. If we don’t show up against Detroit, look for a major change, TRADE, ASAP!

43. #43 habs phan says:
    January 13, 2007 at 5:25 pm

wow, to hell with my recipe for victory eh!!!!!

44. #44 Jack Tornton says:
    January 13, 2007 at 6:10 pm

JOSHTM:

Are you out of you FU*** MIND??!!!!??!!!
    Do you want to change the entire team???
    Man are you on crack?
    -Go and see the doctor! This guy is ILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yopu want to change the defencie coaching staff+ ofeencive coaching staff= GM (BOB GAINEY) + KOIVU+ KOVALEV+ SAMSONOV+ SOURAY + STREIT+ DOWNIE+ JOHNSON. AND LET ME THINK- (ALL THE DEFENCEMEN)

So what’s left? Latendresse, Higgins, Ryder, Bonk, Perezoghin, Huet, Aebisher, Begin, Lapierre, Murray and……….GM= NOBODY(Bob is fired)/ Defensive coach= NOBODY / Offensive coach = NOBODY

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm….. It is sad to say but I would rather be a Leaf Fan than watching Habs if Joshtm was in charge of the team.

JOSHTM, you need to see the doctor- You’re not normal

45. #45 Ziman says:
    January 13, 2007 at 6:18 pm

Guys, I agree with some of you that they definitely need defense. Their defense is not very good. Gainey will pull something off either at or before the trade deadline. The Habs will recover and play better on Monday against Detroit, otherwise they may have to make some changes. Ottawa is only 1 point behind Montreal now, a month ago they were 12 points behind. However, Montreal should hopefully be able to finish ahead of Ottawa. They also need a sniper to help their offense. Again, they need defense!! Anyways, talk later!

Ziyad

Mark Streit $600,000
    Garth Murray $575,000
    Maxim Lapierre $562,500
    Aaron Downey $475,000
    Tomas Plekanec $450,000
    Eric Manlow $450,000

I forgot, in the NHL laws it says Bob Gainey can’t make good trades, sorry, forgot that. As it…..

Look at that listing of who gets paid what, including rookies who have been called up and contracts signed.

The millionaire club of Montreal is not exactly producing are they?

The grunts are producing more in some ways.

However the only time Montreal does something or wins, is when they call up their rookies.

If Johnson, Samsonov and Niinima and Markov are not contributing, all trades made and supposed to be Gainey’s Greatest Moves…..what does that say about Gainey? Or better yet, if you have capable players why are they not producing, is it because the Coaching staff is not doing their job and coaching and making it work as a team?

Obviously Gainey and Carbo are letting the team down big time. Gainey with his horrible trades, and Carbo with not being able to use the crappy players that Gainey has all but traded away future drafts for….I say the facts speak for themselves….

47. If the Habs come out playing against Detroit is everything ok….does this one loss mean absolutely nothing….If it was this one only…already forgotten…

but…and a big but…they have shown this tendency for too many games. and against weaker sisters. Recall losses to Flyers, Washington, Rangers, Panthers, Boston and obviously to Buffalo, NJersey…all too non-chalant. No this is not acceptable. Last year, the losses were by one goal and seemingly with better effort. The losses now just are too casually taken and the trend shows that it will continue. I think the freeloaders have got to go. So sorry but if we’re not going to move them to the minors (or can’t) then they have to be benched and or traded. That’s not everyone but whatever package it takes will have to be. Nows as good a time as any….waiting will only make it tougher especially if we don’t turn a corner. Sad to see such a promising beginning of the season go down the tubes and we all cheer happily along….

yeah are team is great, yeah they are winning…(even though they are losing).

Gotta do something….come on Habs…wake up!

48. #48 joshtm says:
    January 13, 2007 at 6:49 pm

As soon as the rookies were sent down after the preseason, it was easy to see. Carboneau had no plan for the defense. He had a give and go playbook for Koivu and Kovalev to play, classic European style.

The only plan for the defense was an attempt to trap in the Habs zone, and then do the hail mary pass to Samsonov, only to have him hog the puck and skate circles around the net and everyone but someone forgot to include “you must shoot the puck” clause into his contract.

The response has been for anyone, everyone to hook the other team cause the defense doesn’t know how to stop the other team. There is no play, no plan. The trapem style all but has Souray, or Markov giving the puck away in the Habs zone.

The offense plan was to pass the puck around until the other team became dizzy with the passes, sometimes that works. Most of the time the smaller weaker Habs only get knocked over and the other team all but skates into Montreal’s zone and makes a million shots.

Clearly Carbo and Gainey has no defense plan. Muller and Jarvis were supposed to resolve the lack by Gainey and Carbo two years ago to come up with a solid defense plan. Unfortunately, the Habs like the US military are fighting an insurgency they can’t win….it’s called Hockey.

49. #49 Habs#1 says:
    January 13, 2007 at 6:50 pm

Gainey with his horrible trades? Have you just started following this team for the first time since 2004? He traded a guy a guy who is now in Europe he was so bad for Kovalev, he traded Jose(the open door)Theodore for a quality back up goalie who makes 3.5 million less, he traded Zednik for a third round pick and Zednik has been on injured reserve all season and only has 4 goals. And he dealt a fourth round pick to Phenoix for Johnson, which was a steal. Johnson has become part of the Habs shut down line. He’s not a scorer. Don’t expect him to be. And let’s not forget him trading Garon for Huet and Bonk which has turned out to be highway robbery.

Now for the contract assesment. Did you expect Gainey to give rookies or 2nd year players 2 million dollar deals? They have to prove themselves over the course of a couple seasons first. It’s like that on every team.

The only regrettable move Gainey has made was Sammy. Would he like to have that one back? You bet he would. But the fans put so much pressure on him to do anything that he may have been rushed into a dicision. Johnson is a valuable part of that team. Just cause you don’t score 20 goals a year dosen’t mean your useless. You need an energy and checking line.

Do you think Gainey is screwing up an easy job? Do you think you could just snap your fingers and teams would magically want the players you don’t? If the Habs don’t want them I think other team wouldn’t either.

Gainey probably has the hardest job of all the GM’s in the league to get free agents to come to MTL. French Canadiens don’t want to come to Montreal because people like joshtm would expect them to be the next Maurice Richard or Guy Lafleur. The taxes are brutal. A lot of players have said, and a lot of hockey writers who are tight with the players(Pierre McGuire, Pierre Lebrun, etc.), that players don’t want to go there also because of the taxes. Then there’s bill 101 and the whole french thing that I don’t want to get into. But don’t lie to yourself that has something to do with it.

And you want to get rid of Koivu? Did you not see how the team collapsed without his in the playoffs? He is the heart and soul of the Habs. And Souray? For all his defensive defisiencies(he does have some), he has 15 goals already and the PP would be nothing without him.

You can scratch Bonk’s salary, Abby’s, Ninnamaa’s, hopefully Rivet’s off of your list at the end of the year. Give Markov, who is the team’s beat defenceman and has the one of the best first passes in the league out of his own zone, a raise to 4 million, and Souray will obviousely command 5.5-6 million so hopefully Gainey can get him for 5.75. That would be the same payroll for the defence as this year. Give Komi a long term deal, move Streit back to D and you’ll have a pretty good defence. Hopefully be able to trade Sammy for a bag of pucks(don’t ask for anything in return), give Ryder a long term deal or trade him. Then the Habs will be able to make a FA signing or move a young guy up to the big squad(Kotstitsyn) and go form there.

Think of it this way: If you were a rival GM, would you want to give anything up for Rivet or Sammy?

Mike Milbury isn’t around anymore folks.

50. #50 smiler2729 says:
    January 13, 2007 at 7:03 pm

Habs#1 you are spot on in all your comments. SO they lost 8-3 to Ottawa, big fucking deal. Don’t trade anybody, just get them to play alittle better in situations. Coming out lazy today didn’t help things, and before you all want to trade Huet (God, this gets annoying, all you morons trading everybody every time we lose), it wasn’t his fault. See today’s game was called a LOSS, they happen, but if you can 2 of every 3 games, you’re rocking, but many of you so called Hab bandwagon jumpers want to gut the whole team if a powerp play goes wrong. RELAX, re-read Habs#1′s post and have a beer or 6. This team is alright, not perfect but better than most. Let’s just make the playoffs and then we’ll rock some worlds… Just keep winning 2 of 3 or 3 of 5 and we’re there baby. Bob Gainey rules, Carbo-Muller/Jarvis/Melanson rule, HAVE A LITTLE FAITH, I’m so tired of stupid posts by you armchair GM wannabes, ahve any of you even played hockey??? On ice??? (cuz “ball hockey” doesn’t count).