Habs in Philly

• The Canadiens left the pressure cooker that is Montreal right now and hit the road to play the Flyers in Philly.

Dropping 6 in a row at home this should have the Habs breathing a little easier.

Michael Ryder sits again and Sergei Kostitsyn starts his first career NHL game. Hopefully he can provide a spark to an offense that is lacking in just about every department. Pretty lofty expectations for a first ever NHL game. He will play along side Koivu and Higgins and
    perhaps enthuse Saku who is paying with little or no interest at all.

If the Habs lose again I heard Bob Gainey is calling up Raphael.

raphael habs best prospect

raphael

1. Come on Habs I’m confident that you guys can win this one! LEATS KICK SOME ASS TONIGHT!SERGEI KOSTITSYN!!!

2. Lol, Rapheal seems to have better moves in close then Ryder could ever dream of having! I have a really bad feeling the Habs will lose a squeaker tonight even though the Flyers have alot more talent then the Habs right now, including the newly inked on a 12 year 69million contract, Mike Richards. Yikes is that long. Hopefully Gainey doesn’t have to hand out an extention like that to Higgins. Nothing against Higgy by 12 years is still a little excessive, but Richards is better then Higgins.

And once again congrats to PK Subban and Pacioretty!

3. One of the best games I’ve seen the canadiens play all year. What is it with them on the road???? Why can’t they do this at home! I want to see the same when we play the leafs on Saturday. Habs have been dreadful to watch lately. This game has at least made me feel that there is some hope. Nice to see the Kostitsyn brothers mentioned in the same play. Would be nice to see them turn into a Sedins type of story.

4. Still nothing from Koivu.

This is turning into the Plekanec Kovalov show.

5. Way to go PRICE.

Way to go HABS.

6. Wow,and a youthfull finish ,ahhh, maybe there is room for a couple more bulldogs..WOW…price…WOW….ALL THE HABS… wow… LUV’S IT..NOW LETS RAKE THE LEAFS AND BURN THEM!!!!!! GO HABS……

December 14, 2007 at 1:26 pm

38 habs2010
    Posted on December 12th, 2007 at 9:26 pm. About ‘Sh*t Kicked Lightning in town’.

“The only reason Kostistyn is being called up, is because Gainey refuses to make a trade.He’d rather sit on his hands and sleep thru the year. Yeah pretty soon we’ll be calling the habs the Montreal bulldogs, because we have all their players,and we now look like an AHL team on the ice. Just change the CH to a bulldog”

There is nothing wrong with seeing the rebuilt Habs .. we all want to see them play as much as they can, they need to play and we need them to get better. How do you know Gainey has refused a trade? What trade did he rufuse? I bet you there will be a trade very very soon … will it be what you want? Will it be when you want? Nope Gainey does not get pushed around by the media or anyone else, he is xmas shopping right now and its all about to happen.

8. #9 patrick says:
    December 14, 2007 at 1:53 pm

I agree, the Habs have a desirable set of young players, Gainey should wait until the team is playing well (and they will) and their stock is higher, as well it’s becoming apparent that some teams are becoming desperate for goaltending (Tampa, Pittsburgh, etc.) Saying Gainey won’t make a trade is ignorant, that’s like saying he isn’t trying to sign a big name free agent, every summer he opens the vault to the top free agents, he hasn’t been lucky, but the same can be said about most GM’s.

9. Hey DONNY BOY.

U R pretty good at the copy & paste thing.

Picking apart other people’s comments is your specialty right.

I guess you have nothing else better to do right.

December 14, 2007 at 3:57 pm

If you do not want people to comment on your posts then dont post … and when you make statments like Gainey refuses to trade.. back them up with facts. We all know he is always on the phone and always looking for a way to better the team, its a well know fact stated by people that know him personally, such as Jacques Demers …

11. I’m not talking about my comments Don.

No one can pick apart my comments cause I tell it like it is. I tell the truth.

12. #13 patrick says:
    December 14, 2007 at 6:35 pm

ha ha ha

13. habs r the best.

14. u guys r all negative.Habs r the best man.Till next time when we kill the leafs.

15. DTD your very negative and don,t u have anything better to do than comment on others opinins.You don,t know a hockey stick from a baseball bat,so take that.

16. #18 habs2010 says:
    December 14, 2007 at 8:14 pm

You know what? I guage a GM by what he’s done. Gainey has had 4 years to improve this team. It hasen’t happened. Please someone tell me about all the great trades he’s made in 4 years. Kovalev is the ONLY trade he’s made, and we all know how Kovalev likes to take nights off, so unless you can show me what great things Gainey has done, please don’t criticize my comments. Good GM’s are aggressive, not passive,and do whatever necessary to make their team better. And before you talk about his great drafting, 2 of his draft picks from last year, couldn’t even make their national team. they were cut! And where’s our depth on offence? Oh yeah, we have 2 defencemen playing at the forward spot. And how many offensive players did Gainey draft last year? Oh yes, can’t even name them, because nobody notable. Yes, Mr. Gainey has done a wonderful job,- at running this team into the gutter! He’s a patchwork GM. Don’t you ever get tired of the same thing every year? Wondering if we’re going to squeeze into the last playoff spot? I do. I’d like to see some stability on this team, and a good team for a change. I think 14 years of waiting is long enough. And please don’t tell me about patience. We’ve had 14 years of it!

17. so much for the habs / ducks rumors…….Ducks just traded Andy MacDonald ( center) to St louis for Doug Weight.

R.I.P. Rumor.

18. #20 habs2010 says:
    December 14, 2007 at 8:18 pm

my point taken!

19. #21 patrick says:
    December 14, 2007 at 10:57 pm

Before everyone jumps on Gainey this trade is entirely the fault of one man…Brian Burke. This one’s really weird, you’d figure there would be a host of GMs besides Gainey that would have put together a stronger offer. The Ducks are a deep team, but if they were making room for Niedermayer why not trade a defensemen? Was Schneider that hard to unload?

December 14, 2007 at 11:02 pm

20 habs2010
    Posted on December 14th, 2007 at 8:18 pm. About ‘Habs in Philly’.

my point taken!

What point? The one where you know better then everyone else… if you knew any better why dont you apply for the job.

21. #23 habs2010 says:
    December 15, 2007 at 12:04 am

Understand my logic: Good GM’s, like Brian Burke, make moves, and don’t screw around making promises(like Gainey did in the offseason, to get a scorer). If Burke was our GM, I guarantee this franchise would not be in disaray for long, certainly not for 14 years, or even 4 years. Unfortunately, people, not many, but some dummies think Gainey is a good GM because he was a great player, but GREAT PLAYERS DO NOT TRANSLATE INTO GREAT COACHES OR GREAT GM’S. Just look at Carbo. He’s our coach, (but hopefully for not much longer) because he’s good friends with Gainey. Whatever happened to the logic of, the most qualified and experienced person becoming a coach? I just don’t understand it. Savard, Houle, Tremblay. C’mon.

22. Hey, wait just one cottonplucin moment,er you sayin Gretzky can’t coach either?lol

December 15, 2007 at 8:35 am

This is Montreal the truth is some players do not want to play here period.

24. 4-1 over Philly. Amazing what can happen when you keep skating hard into the 2nd and 3rd periods isn’t it. And when someone actually goes to the front of the net. This is a better team then what they’ve been showing this last few weeks. Come on guys, get your home touch back tonight and beat up on the dirty Leafs…GO HABS GO !!!

25. Yes Paul. You know more than Scotty Bowman.

26. I CERTAINLY KNOW MORE THAN U DTD.