Halak is Back

1. If he plays good for us for a while I know everyone one else think he’s going soon,but I don’t think that’s the case. I know that halak is taking like 600 thousand while huet is taking like 2.7 mill. Gainey might trade Huet away instead of Halak. If Halak plays great Price I feel no matter what will be our starter soon. but Halak wouldn’t be a bad back-up.Price will be roy and Halak will be someone like Emery. We have great goaltending. trading Huet would give us 2 more million!!! I like Huet though and I still understand that Halak is more likely to go,I’m just saying that theres still a chance a huge trade could be in the mix.

2. #3 groundworking says:
    December 3, 2007 at 6:13 pm

My guess is that it’s the injuries. He hasn’t been that impressive this year in the AHL, so I doubt that now is the time that they’ll market him for a trade.

This is the point in the year when…oh never mind…we all know what happens at this point in the year.

3. #4 Jaker1 says:
    December 3, 2007 at 6:32 pm

No matter who plays in goal against Detroit,the players in front of them better show up with an effort or you may kill one of these kids confidence.I get the feeling some of the players are starting their illnesses that they blamed for their poor second half last year. I hope they show more character this year and not roll over and cry illness for the second half. I agree with most people about calling up some Bulldogs and sit guys like Ryder and Brisboise. I think if you can move Ryder it would be best for both parties and I think Carboneau should go to Brisbois and say good career but it is time to call it quits. Would it not be better to take in O’Byrne in and teach him the game like Jacque Lemaire is doing with James Shepphard rather than watching guys like Parise blowing by Brisbois. Just food for thought.

4. Say goodby to Huet and lets thank him for hs efforts…..now on to the preset Halak and Price and here’s to a great future for Les Canadiens!The King is Dead;Long Live the King!!!!!

5. #6 habs2010 says:
    December 3, 2007 at 9:28 pm

Does anyone think Gainey dropped the ball when he let Bonk go, and signed Smolinski instead? Remember, Bonk has scored 10 goals, and Smolinski has 2.
    Gainey doesn’t want to look bad, so he’ll play Smolinski every game, no matter how bad he plays.

6. #7 BarrieHabFan says:
    December 3, 2007 at 10:19 pm

First, I think Stuart is right. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Huet is traded and Halak becomes the back-up. It’s not the ideal situation but Huet is one of the few assets that Montreal has that can actually get something worthwhile in return. Right now I’d gladly see Ryder paired with Huet in a deal that brought back a legitimate scorer or a number one center. Huet’s a great goalie, but this team will never be a contender without more dependable scoring.
    Second, stop crying about Brisebois. Parise blew by him because of a bad pass from Hamrlik. It happens. Brisebois does make a lot of mistakes because of his playing style (long passes). But the same thing that makes him look so bad when things aren’t going good make the team look great when things go well. This is his last year so you won’t have to endure much more. But I personally think he has been dumped on in Montreal for a long time undeservedly. He is a good puck movng defenceman.
    Lastly, Bonk is having a great year but you’re kidding yourself if you think that would have happened in Montreal for him. Bonk was more valuable in Montreal for preventing goals than getting them. But I do agree that he should have stayed for how well he played defensively.

7. #8 Habs4Ever says:
    December 3, 2007 at 11:42 pm

Thank goodness Bonk is gone, that piece of crap was just getting his paycheck mailed to him, now that he is out he scores some goals, good riddance to that crap.
    Smolinski is stronger on the defense than Souray was, but doesn’t have the goal scoring ability that Souray had.

I think we are going to see a trade fairly soon, I hope it is worthwhile and not for some some washed-up has beens.

December 4, 2007 at 12:25 am

Maybe its not so much bonk but the system carbo plays here.Makes you think doesnt it?

9. #10 habs2010 says:
    December 4, 2007 at 1:06 am

Maybe it’s the fact that when players leave the pressure cooker here, and go to other teams, they thrive. Montreal is a tough place to play, and now I understand why players don’t want to come here. Truthfully, if I were an NHL player, I would never come here, because of the tremendous pressure, the media, language issues, and constantly being put under a microscope.
    But nevertheless, I guess till my dying days I’ll be a habs fan. But man, I’m really getting tired of the losing. Maybe the fans should try and court hockey players to get them to come here. What can we do?

10. There’s so many things you point at and I think someone said it right when they pointed too the fact when the NEW KOVAlEV has to try and wake up his team mates by throwing pounding body checks “he’ll get injured doing that soon” to try and wake up his team-mates.Too many quitters on that team and too few goal scorers.At the end of two periods there’s nothing left of this undersized team at the close to half way point of the season,the tank is empty.period!!!WE NEED NEW BLOOD WITH SIZE AND TENASITY!!!!!DAM-IT!!!

11. #12 LeBeau says:
    December 4, 2007 at 8:07 am

Talk about deviating from the subject! I personally think Halak is being exposed right now for the possibility of a trade. I’m guessing Gainey’s looking for a 1 for 1 deal to trade a young goalie for a young forward. Youth on this team looks good, and I’m guessing Gainey wants to build on that.

I’m guessing that Gainey’s going to hold onto Huet until the trade deadline when a team just on the outside of the play-off picture decides they need a solid goaltender to help their push. I still think he and Ryder will be trade deadline deals this year.

12. #13 johnnyhab says:
    December 4, 2007 at 9:07 am

Guys A trade may be an answer here but still it needs to have some sort of impact to shake up the team to wake them up …I’m a Ryder fan being for the east coast. But when somebody does not seem to fit anymore and could possibly get something in return when you add a goalie to the fold there may be an impact player we need also a prospect from the minors. Is there a team out there to make this deal to give up such a player and who would fit into the mix. Any suggestions?

13. Sure, but who’s available right now? Halak-Ryder for…who?

14. #15 BarrieHabFan says:
    December 4, 2007 at 12:45 pm

Considering both Ryder and Huet are unrestricted free agents at the end of the year it limits the return. Most likely they would go for another UFA that Montreal beleives they would be able to resign before they become unrestricted in the summer. Some of the better names out there include Marian Hossa, Huselius, Langkow, Hainsey, Ribeiro, Nagy, Dumont, Legwand and Naslund. Plaus it all depends where the other teams sit in the standings when Montreal is ready to trade. My picks would be Langkow, Legwand or Ribeiro. Yes, ribeiro. That extra offensive creativity would be very welcome right now. If Hossa has a few years left he may be a possibility.

15. #16 MrBigTime says:
    December 4, 2007 at 1:05 pm

Never again for Ribeiro… too small, not what we need at all… he couldn’t get it done, and had to leave Montreal to get off the coke..

16. #17 Jaker1 says:
    December 4, 2007 at 3:03 pm

Problem child Reibero back and maybe Hainsey who we lost on waivers and oh yeah hang on to that Bobby Orr(like) Brisbois. This can make for a competative Junior team.

17. #18 BarrieHabFan says:
    December 4, 2007 at 3:55 pm

Ok, Ribeiro’s not ideal. But check your stats, I’d take Hainsey back in a second!

18. #19 habsfan77 says:
    December 5, 2007 at 7:10 pm

Montreal should trade price and have Huet and Halak as their goalies

19. #20 kovalev rules says:
    December 14, 2007 at 3:37 pm

my guess is because huet is not playing very well right now and price needs a backup