Hockey Night in Canada: Habs and Leafs

• The Habs and Leafs are set to butt heads again tonight for the second consecutive game at the Bell Centre.

A Habs win will be a fatal blow to Leaf playoff chances and keep the Canadiens right in the middle of the playoff hunt.

After Thursday’s debacle the Canadiens are confident and the pressure is definitely on the Leafs to come up with some kind of respectable effort.

After much recent Leafs success at the Bell Centre I’m positive the Canadiens would love nothing more than dropping the axe on their rivals and assuring their cup drought will continue.

Pat Quinn is guaranteed to lose his job at the end of the year. Quinn was asked by reporters what he thought about Belfour’s season ending and he had no idea what they were talking about. It was pretty embarassing to see. Things between him and John Ferguson are not peachy to say the least.

What coaching gem can he come up with tonight? Apparently Tie Domi will be unscratched and added to the roster for some ‘toughness’. Aaron Downey might have an answer for that given the chance.

The fact of the matter is the Leafs have never been more beatable than they are right now and the Habs MUST take advantage and gain another 2 points to get themselves in the post-season.

No team is doing them any favors and it’s up to them to do it.

Hockey Night in Canada and a chance to send the Leafs golfing on nationwide TV. Doesn’t get much better than that.

Listen up for my intelligent and unbiased comments tonight!

1. #1 superfan says:
    March 25, 2006 at 1:02 pm

harry neale and the maple/cbc leaf nation better get ready to suck up another loss tonight.

“If we still had the salary cap it would be a diffrent story”. – Loser Leaf Fan

2. That doesn’t even make sense.

3. #3 HabsFanInLeafLand says:
    March 25, 2006 at 3:50 pm

I know, hindsight is a wonderfully useless thing, but I think it should also be noted that the Leafs, upon being badly outplayed by the Habs, ‘stole’ two games from them in overtime this year. Both times on the (4-on-3) powerplay, ironically enough. Oh, how precious those 2 extra points would be now!

4. #4 Manitoban says:
    March 25, 2006 at 4:04 pm

Unfortunately, I think that Atlanta is going to win tonight, too. At this rate, I’m just praying for Jersey and Tampa to continue backsliding–I think surpassing Atlanta is out of reach, right now.

5. #5 Gumper says:
    March 25, 2006 at 11:49 pm

Game just finished. Atlanta lost, too. Back to square one. In the past, I know i’ve advocated tolerance and avoidance of low brow comments bashing other teams. Well, pick a window,.. that’s done for in this post.

First, the Leaf organisation is a total Mickey Mouse operation! McCabe, Domi, Tucker, Allison and O’neill well, what can I say… you guys are a f#@k%n joke now. Send us Kaberle if you want, but shove the rest of your Ontario golden boys up yer f#@k%n keester! They’re ALL LOSERS! JFJ – GM? WTF were the owners thinking when they hired this punk? Totally laughable.. but keep ‘em. We need him there to continue his f#@k up job and make our Saturday night suds taste even better than the Panther piss it is.

Second, the Maple Leafs are NOT Canada’s team, people! This Toronto-centred-universe thing is reaching a level where my local Giant Tiger is complaining that they can’t re-stock my barf bags fast enough. Bob Cole? Your tombstone was ready 6 years ago.. should I re-send you that Sunnyvale Retirement Centre for Over-The-Hill-Rink-Rats brochure.. again? I’m glad I’m a Hab fan if for no other reason that I can tune in RDS and see them instead of enduring CBC’s equivelant to licking earwax off my pinky all night. Excruciating is the only word that comes to mind when I hear this guy.

And three,.. the Leafs suck!

6. #6 theo sucks says:
    March 26, 2006 at 8:56 am

lol lol perfect gumper. Couldnt say it better myself lol

7. I’m still hammered from last night’s victory. These 2 victories were just as good as a Stanley Cup to me.
    Finally, finally, finally our Habs made us proud. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    Here’s one for Bob Cole “Holy mack-a-now the Leafs got destroyed”
    Like they said on TSN, when you own 24 Stanley Cups you are CANADA’S TEAM. Leaf fans can only wish.
    There’s only room for 1 – “Les Canadiens”. – GO HABS GO!

8. #8 Manitoban says:
    March 26, 2006 at 10:32 pm

Love how CBC was openly lamenting the fact that the Leafs lost. Uh Hello? Montreal is in Canada too…

9. loudmouth cherry is a leafs fan.
    that is why there is a bias for the leafs on hockey night in canada.
    i’m from ontario, but i don’t root for the leafs! stop bashing ontario, cuz there are loads of habs fans up in here. toronto sucks.

10. the leafs F@#k$%g Suck Just Leave it at that,Habs for life!!!!

11. bitter, bitter, bitter…you kids had to much sugar today, maybe it’s time for a 15minute time-out. Listen up, Ontario is the centre of the universe, and Ottawa has the best hockey team in Canada.