Injury Bug

• The Canadiens went through the majority of the season with little to no injury problems.

On the brink of clinching their Division and in a good spot to clinch their Conference, the injuries flood in.

Time to panic? Can the Canadiens play the way they’ve played missing these key players? Will it cost them the Conference and home ice advantage?

More importantly, when push comes to shove and the playoffs begin, will the Habs be ready?

1. #1 Habman says:
    March 31, 2008 at 9:10 pm

ILL TELL YOU WHO TAUGHT ME AND YOU CAN PHONE HIM…THEN GET YOUR ASS DOWN THERE AND WE WILL TALK..

2. #2 Joseph says:
    March 31, 2008 at 9:11 pm

You’re an insecure little boy, yes, we know.

Back to my question: Do you live in Montreal?

3. #3 Habman says:
    March 31, 2008 at 9:19 pm

You dont own this site, ill be here , you cant do nothing, so kiss my BIG FROG!!!!!

4. #4 Habman says:
    March 31, 2008 at 9:20 pm

You can say what you want..when the boyz come back..ill laugh at you..so “kissy’ kissy “each other until tommorow!

5. #5 Habman says:
    March 31, 2008 at 9:21 pm

I dont answer to “information ally” challenged people that attack people on this site without warrant or reason!, I dont answer to you!

6. #6 Habman says:
    March 31, 2008 at 9:22 pm

I answer to my team!, ans my friends on here!

7. #7 Joseph says:
    March 31, 2008 at 9:24 pm

I don’t want to own anything, thank you, but here’s why I asked the question…

If you had said ‘Yes, I live in Montreal’, it would have explained a lot about you, because only a child or a social misfit living in a city like Montreal would spend so much of his time indoors every night acting out his frustrations on the internet.

8. #8 Habman says:
    March 31, 2008 at 9:26 pm

im not asking to be acknowledged as “RIGHT” , i am saying we dont put the priorities in order until “incidence’ dictates it, I address important issues that you guyz say have no relevance, then when they do, I get “cut down’ for it, instead of being treated like i have the ‘radar’ for it”, i have plenty , and I mean plenty of Hab friends that look at this site and Laugh at you guyz, they will be invited shortly for you “entertainment”

9. #9 Joseph says:
    March 31, 2008 at 9:27 pm

I was quick to judge Ice Man for insulting you a few days ago, but it’s now obvious to me that it was warranted because you’re quite clearly the one with the insults for everyone.

10. #10 Rubberman says:
    March 31, 2008 at 9:29 pm

Thanks Don for clearing up the Chipchura trade. I thought I missed something there!

Habs vs Philly = Yes
    Habs vs Bruins = Yes
    Habs vs Capitals = No
    Habs vs Sens = SCARY

Price is a cool cuccumber. He’ll keep the Habs in there every game when it counts…

11. #11 Joseph says:
    March 31, 2008 at 9:29 pm

No, habman. You demand that you’re right about everything, and that everyone else is an idiot, unjustifiably. That’s why you get cut down.

12. #12 Joseph says:
    March 31, 2008 at 9:31 pm

Smarten up.

13. #13 Senet 1 says:
    March 31, 2008 at 9:33 pm

Well instead of running each other down lets be a little serious for a moment. I agreed with you Habman about the health issue, but let be real for a moment, You cannot sit out all your best players for the last two to three weeks of the schedule, first if we lost five in a row instead of winning most of those games we would not be talking about first or second place, we would be right back where we were last year trying to make the playoffs. If you look at this conference there are currently 9 teams that can still make the playoffs with only three games left. Two weeks ago there were 12 teams, this conference is so close you can go from first to last in one year. So you make the playoffs and then who hope for the best. Kiovu and Steits injuries were both flukes. The could have happen at any time whether it was the last game, or in the last 10 games. That hockey it is just dump luck.

14. #14 Ice Man says:
    March 31, 2008 at 9:34 pm

Call me on what Joe?

15. #15 Joseph says:
    March 31, 2008 at 9:40 pm

On calling habman a retard. He drove me to it as well. My apologies.

March 31, 2008 at 9:40 pm

Streit is back so is Latts …

17. #17 Joseph says:
    March 31, 2008 at 9:44 pm

Not just hockey, but sports in general, Senet 1. That’s the most frustrating part of being a fan. You have to put all of your faith in the coaches, the team, and the hockey gods, and there’s nothing you can do but watch it all unfold as it will. But there’s fun in that too, agreed?

18. #18 Habman says:
    March 31, 2008 at 9:44 pm

If you guyz ever met me, you’d meet a guy that would give you a shirt of his back, ice man, we had our thing, we made peace, now he finds a new guy to fight on his side, guyz, I just ask for opinions, im not a Sooth sayer, just a fan that his been loyal, scince 1975, i played hockey, i played,in pain, i was young, i was loved, hated , but respected, i know how to lose,made most of my friends by fighting, in order to go the farthest, you need to know who’s toughest, you guyz dig in, i respect that, prove your point with facts, thats all, Im on YOUR SIDE< I drink and salute my hab brothers, Playoffs are here, we need ALL our Prayers for our team!, dissension among the men means we all lose, so, lets do this fresh!
    PEACE

19. #19 Ice Man says:
    March 31, 2008 at 9:45 pm

No need to Joe

20. #20 Habman says:
    March 31, 2008 at 9:45 pm

Joseph, I agree 100%, you are right!

21. #21 Senet 1 says:
    March 31, 2008 at 9:53 pm

Joseph, Agree.

22. #22 Joseph says:
    March 31, 2008 at 9:54 pm

habman, I have no problem with you when you’re being level-headed and objective. It’s the ‘I was right!’, ‘you’re unoriginal’ and ‘you guys are idiots’ stuff that calls for reaction.

As to my comments on the previous entry, they were meant in fun. And the only reason I posted them was as a reaction to the stuff that I just mentioned. If you want mutual respect, you’ll get it here. Just don’t attempt to belittle my intelligence to make a point.

I came here for two reasons: to offer my unwavering support of the Habs, and hopefully some positive perspective when so many people are being so negative, and to learn the game more. I think hockey is the greatest game there is, but quite honestly, when you attack my comments it kind of ruins it for me.

23. #23 Joseph says:
    March 31, 2008 at 9:55 pm

Well, I’m a hypocrite, Ice Man.

24. #24 Ice Man says:
    March 31, 2008 at 9:59 pm

I think we all are on times.

No worries Mate.

LIVE, LOVE AND LAUGH

25. #25 Joseph says:
    March 31, 2008 at 10:00 pm

Penguins’ OT loss puts them a full two ahead. I don’t think we’ll catch them, especially considering the fact that they have two more wins.

26. #26 Habman says:
    March 31, 2008 at 10:01 pm

No. I get all caught up in the moment, the past circumstances have left me with a “chip’ on my shoulder, all this hard work to get here, and it is true, if there is depth , there is will to succeed, and i have wavered in my confidence in the coach, thus i have been ‘benched by you guyz, and i concede i have bee unruly, there is no time to look back on the past , it is now, comradely, and it is my turn to listen!, and thus i will, No more “in your face”
    PROMISE!
    beerz dont help either…lol

27. #27 Joseph says:
    March 31, 2008 at 10:01 pm

Right on, Ice Man. I need to remember that advice at times.

28. Just got back from work,new topic eh, did I miss anything???lol….

29. #29 Joseph says:
    March 31, 2008 at 10:03 pm

So we’re cool from this point on, habman? Good.

Like I said, I won’t attack unless provoked.

30. #30 Habman says:
    March 31, 2008 at 10:03 pm

What is the “best ” senario givin the fact we may end up second in our division< ?/
    Which team could we have a chance with now, say nothing changes? (injuries)

31. #31 Joseph says:
    March 31, 2008 at 10:04 pm

LOL! Yeah…

Has this site always been this lively, or do I bring out the ‘best’ in people?

32. #32 Senet 1 says:
    March 31, 2008 at 10:07 pm

nyr 2 Pitts 1 ot

33. #33 Joseph says:
    March 31, 2008 at 10:08 pm

The way I see it is we’ll have to beat three of them to reach the promise land anyway, so what difference does it make who we play first, second? After all, if Washington is going to be a force in the playoffs, then we’re going to have to face them eventually (if we are going to be a force, that is).

34. #34 Joseph says:
    March 31, 2008 at 10:12 pm

Who else here thinks that Pittsburgh is a better team when Malkin fills in as their leader? They’ve got a better winning percentage when Crosby is side-lined and their goals for goes from 2.58 to 3.5 per game.

A better question: how long will Malkin play in Croby’s shadow?

35. Oh yeah ,it’s like this all the time ,it’s HABitual don’t you know. I ‘m sure it’s cause we are all habnutty.As concerning Chipcura I believe he got injured his last game to,yikes!!!!

36. #36 Senet 1 says:
    March 31, 2008 at 10:13 pm

Well now that we have all made up and are kissy kissy again lets talk some hockey. How do we do two things.

Figure out how to win at least one more game and two get prepared for the playoffs.

Any discussion.

37. #37 Habman says:
    March 31, 2008 at 10:14 pm

I played in the south west league(saskatchewan) for the Abbey eagles, in 2005, i worked on a cattle ranch, Nov 4 2005, I was thrown from a vehicle and broke my back, iam skating today, i was paralyzed for three months from the waist down, The small town I chose to play for treated me like gold, hockey keeps those towns alive, people pack the joint, (and the farm kids are big~!)..i was 42 years old, i was the “grandaddy of the team,, CBC DID FEATURE ON ABBEY,I got up at 5 to run, stay in shape, work on the farm, it was awesome….just somthing I miss, have you guyz played or still play>?

38. #38 Joseph says:
    March 31, 2008 at 10:17 pm

Implement the trap!

One: motivational coaching

Two: motivational coaching

If the Florida Panthers can beat Lemieux’s Penguins to get to the Final, then so can the banged up Habs beat Crosby’s Penguins, or whomever else, until the Captain returns.

39. #39 Senet 1 says:
    March 31, 2008 at 10:22 pm

The Pittsburgh situation is interesting. There is one way for Malkin to overcome Crobsy’s shadow and that is to out play and out point him. One thing is for sure, good players learn to play with one another. They win championships together, if these two superstars cannot play on the same time then they are not real hockey players. Gretyz and Messier learned how to play on the same time. They respected each other and won the cup together. Evenually they had to leave the oilers because of money, that eventually will happen in Pittsburg too. The capp is going up over 55M next year. Soon the small market teams are going to be back in the same boat as the three years ago. One of them will leave eventually my money is on Malkin.

40. #40 Joseph says:
    March 31, 2008 at 10:23 pm

That’s some story, habman. I’m glad to hear that you’ve recovered to the point where you can play.

I played a bit for Mt. Lebanon in Pittsburgh, but it isn’t the same. Football consumed most of our time. Regardless, I laced up and hit the ice every chance I got when I was younger, attempting to mimick everything that Mario Lemiuex did – u-huh. Well, a kid can dream, can’t he?

41. #41 Joseph says:
    March 31, 2008 at 10:27 pm

Senet 1, I see more of a Lemieux-Jagr scenario playing out in Pittsburgh than I do a Gretzky-Messier one. They learned to played together, but Jagr (I know him) had difficulties playing in Lemiuex’s shadow. That being said, Pittsburgh won’t be able to afford them both for long, which is probably why they have their eyes on a championship right now.

42. #42 Joseph says:
    March 31, 2008 at 10:31 pm

That was redundant, wasn’t it?

43. #43 Senet 1 says:
    March 31, 2008 at 10:37 pm

One of the reasons we have trouble with teams like Ottawa and Pittsburgh is that they are both skating teams and they have a number of pure goal scorers. Although we have some good players we do not have any 50-60 goal men on our team. We score using skill, speed and team work and less individual skills. When we play our skating game, we are good as long as we incorporate our forechecking style. We get beat when we try to play fire wagon hockey against these types of team. So some form of the trap may work, the only thing is we really have not played it for most of the year. Having said that if with speed we can take away the middle of the ice in the neutral zone and forecheck with speed and body contact in the offensive end then I think we have a chance against Pitts, Ott, NYR, Wash. Our speed will also beat teams like Bos, Phily, Carl, and NJ. The secret is good goaltending, strong defense and a speedy forecheck. But sometimes even to play your best is not good enough without a little luck.

44. #44 Senet 1 says:
    March 31, 2008 at 10:43 pm

Being from Pittsburgh area I can see why you would choose, Lemieux and Jagr. However, even though Lemieux was probably one of the purest goal scorers there ever was, he never really became a truely good hockey player until he played with Gretkyz and Messier in that Canada Cup. Both these two players were not true team men in their early years and I am not sure Jagr ever became a team man. That is the difference between these four super star players and time will tell whether Crosby and Malkin with be the Lem/Jagr or the Gretz/mess comparison.

45. #45 Senet 1 says:
    March 31, 2008 at 10:53 pm

Another good comparison would be the Montreal Canadiens for the 1955 to 1960.

Look at the superstars on that team. Rocket, Beleveau, Geffrion, Harvey, Plante. These guys learned how to play with each other and that is what made them a great team.

46. #46 Habman says:
    March 31, 2008 at 11:20 pm

No joseph, I like to haer about the memories, it sets a spark , man , we all fought like cats and dogs, froze our feet, late for supper, playing outside with lights out!…lol..man it makes me happy to hear that stuff.MT. Lebanon, cool…ill remember that, i have 14 year old in Minnesota, your ABSOLUTELY dead on!…They play base ball, and it FOOT BALL #1 there, I could never dream playing base ball under the lights at 13 -14!..WOW…and its pricey sport…
    Its a might chilly in PITT, same in SAskatchewan….

hockey lives here

I thin im gonna cry…lol..just juicin ya …real cool man1..
    Why you not a Penguin fan?

47. #47 Habman says:
    March 31, 2008 at 11:22 pm

SEnet 1, these guys played hurt alot too…imagine having to go to work the next day…im amazed at the balls of these guys, wearing “shinny” equipmnet.
    Im gonna check out some years and playesr..you got me going….

They expanded around then?

48. #48 Habman says:
    March 31, 2008 at 11:28 pm

Senet 1 ;quote
    But sometimes even to play your best is not good enough without a little luck.

what percentage would you guyz think would be luck?(and it is “intangables” that win games)…remember 93′ all the overtime wins, a lot was luck!

faith and luck..I lIKE IT !!

I dot know what Bob is waiting for, injuries are big secrets right now, and it is known,(like the commentators on TSN said).the opposition goes after that stuff to win…

49. #49 Habman says:
    March 31, 2008 at 11:29 pm

Ok..im going to bed, one more beer…

50. #50 Habman says:
    March 31, 2008 at 11:32 pm

Senet 1…do you think beside being a “pure” goal scorer, is he the first real, scoring phenom to actually not need an “enforcer’ to protect him as a forward,..but he wasnt a real fighter type, but he was a large man..dexterity was insane..lemieux,….CLASS…very cool