Jason Woolley possibly signing with Habs

• RDS and La Presse report the Canadiens are in negotiations with Defensemen Jason Woolley.

Woolley would fill the hole left by Francis Bouillon’s injury. At 37 years of age he is no spring chicken but comes with 15 years of NHL experience.
    His price can’t be too high.

Temporary fix or permanent solution? Or is he just one part of a multiplayer deal that will see more players swapped?

1. This site is growing fast, July 15th marked one year since I created it and only one actual hockey season has passed. There were 0 visitors for a long time and I remember having to generate conversation 100% on my own. Now the site has hundreds of regulars and many more lurkers and random visitors.

I’m not around 24/7 to supervise people fighting with each other, and up until this point it was never really a problem. The larger the site gets and the wider the age gap the more of this there will be.

Perhaps I should ‘hire’ some comment moderators. If that is in someones interest they can contact me.

As far as RDS rumors being ‘true’ or not, RDS is a much more reputable media outlet than some of the total gibberish spewed by anyone who feels like it on the sidebar shoutbox. A Rumor is a rumor, not fact. Take it for what it’s worth or if you prefer, don’t read it.

If you notice the ‘rumors’ section has 29 posts in it. 29 over 14 months. Compared to several hundred other type of post. So I really don’t post all the gibberish that is being spewed out there.

2. #2 jack tornton says:
    September 11, 2006 at 7:27 pm

Just to inform you guys I’m not a fluent English speaker (or writer!) I’m just trying my best…And for those who are curious where I come from then I’ll tell you I’m from Montreal and I have never spoken English before. Therefore I would want you guys to support me instead od rejecting…It would facilitate everyhting. I could therefore express myself and share my ideas with you guys instead of correcting my grammar. I have lots of amelioration to bring into into it.

*This is one of the few occasion where I can express myself in English

3. Any rumours if Gainey and Carbo will be lacing it up for the PK this year. They could probably still do the job.

Muliple personalities? As long as all of his personalities are favourable towards the Habs.

4. Hey JT, just dont bash Gainey’s work.

5. #5 jack tornton says:
    September 11, 2006 at 7:34 pm

And for the “habs” and “Jack thornton, what the hell are you talking about?” I can assume that this is the same person.

proof #1: After 15 minutes article # 30 wrote by “Jack thornton, what the hell are you talking about?” was written, somehow Habs came and backed him up

proof #2: After 10 minutes somewhere else in the site this “Jack thornton, what the hell are you talking about?” wrote a negative comment about me and somehow a blogger by the name of “Habs ” backed him up.

Hust to reming you I’m trying working on my English

6. #6 jack tornton says:
    September 11, 2006 at 7:38 pm

snake:

I’ve never bashed Gainey’s work without any reason. Wjhat I mean is that Gainey might be a good GM but that doesn’t really means that any trade that he will do be only beneficial to us. I’m againt all those people that think Bob Gainey is a winner on every trade.

If no one is againt Bob and that everyone thinks positive about him then there would be nothing to debate about..

anyways I hope you guys get a clearer impression of ( dont really konw what it mean!)lol

7. Oh stop it everyone (and sorry about the typo, they happen)!

And, by the way, welcome to English and non-English speakers: we’re all Habs fans (I trust). That’s what makes this site great.

Let’s thank Habs Blog for the best Blog on the net and get back to useful discussion about the Habs!!

Finally, back on topic, forget about Jason Woolley; let the rookies play until Bouillon is back and then make decisions without any reason to panic.

8. #8 Begin Rules says:
    September 12, 2006 at 2:23 am

The rookies aren’t ready yet. If Wooley signed he’d wind up a fringe player so no one would have to feel threated by his signing (unless he really tears it up).

Point is, we can use all the depth on defense we can get. I’d rather not have to watch Striet lose games for us single-handedly anymore.

9. I think Streit is a better option then Cote at this time but there is some question about Streit’s health starting the season. It never hurts to have depth. If not now, we will be acquiring a d man somewhere down the line. ANd Jack Thornton you dont have to get so defensive, and why do you keep talking about Jack Thornton. ??

10. #10 jack tornton says:
    September 12, 2006 at 9:21 pm

???????

11. smarty pants.

12. 1 name to solve all the Habs problems. Marleau!!!! Perfect fit, near perfect player. I would trade both Kostisyn bros, Rivet and a first rounder. IT would be worth it with the effects it would have on us. Bob is a brilliant GM so you know he has looked into this possibility. The price is high and Price may be the key word there. I can guarantee you that Doug Wilson asked for Markov, Higgins and a 1st. Obviously too steep but you have to high ball when you have the player that is desired. Imagine Sammy-Marleau-Kovalev. That would be the BEST line in hockey.

Who is the worst skater you have ever seen:

a) John LeClair
    b) Dave Andreychuk
    c) Raphael
    d) Mike Grier
    e) Turner Stevenson

13. #13 Alestar says:
    September 13, 2006 at 4:27 pm

stop bashing on people snake
    go get a life

14. #14 Begin Rules says:
    September 14, 2006 at 5:47 am

Why trade for Marleau when we can get him as a free agent once his contract expires? The Sharks won’t be able to afford Bell, Thornton, Cheechoo, Hannan, and Marleau all at once and if I’m not mistaken, Marleau will be the one they’ll have to cut loose due to the duration and payment of the other players’ contracts.

15. Hey Alestar, who did I bash? JOhn Leclair was a bad skater.

DO you really want to wait another two years for a big talented center?
    WHy would Marleau come here when he was a free agent? Leave the beach for the taxes. hmmm.

16. #16 Alestar says:
    September 14, 2006 at 1:59 pm

Hey Snake: that moron is not Alestar, I am (my post in this thread was #49). He’s apparently taken to the name I use, he’s been posting with it for the last few days…Mr. Original can’t think up his own.

BTW, the worst skater I ever saw in a Habs uniform was John Chabot…dude, that was UGLY!

17. okay cool, yeah I thought that was a suspicious.

Its probably Jack Thornton.

18. What a pick up!

Not only is Jason a competent defenceman, but he is also a locker room leader and great team player.

Bon chances.

19. #19 Frank says:
    March 4, 2007 at 12:52 am

I went to high school with Jason. He’s still a great playe. He works hard and is still ingreat shape for 37.