Toronto Failures

• The Habs visit Toronto in what will be definitely the final time this year. The Leafs have once again failed to reach the post-season.

March 29, 2008 at 12:16 pm

Hey let’s be nice to our poor Leaf’s fans for a change , they need some lovin !!

NOT !!!! Well its kinnda sad this game is not the game that breaks their back the Bruins had that pleasure … Hope we grab another 2 points here , it would be great …

2. #2 jack hab says:
    March 29, 2008 at 12:54 pm

Don, Don, Don, I thought you were going soft…. Until I read the second part of your
    post which are my sentiments exactly!

Here’s to another losing season for those STANLEY CHUMP pretenders!

3. #3 Joseph says:
    March 29, 2008 at 1:08 pm

Destroy them, Habs. Remind them who’s in 1st and who’s in 12th.

4. #4 Joseph says:
    March 29, 2008 at 1:36 pm

Off topic…

For anyone who hasn’t read it, this is an interesting article: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20080322.KOVALEV22/TPStory/TPSports/

5. #5 hablifer says:
    March 29, 2008 at 2:02 pm

Koivu and Streit both out for tonight’s game. Streit injured his ankle and Kiovu took a shot off the ankle. I hope we’re not going to start having alot of injuries. wrong time of the season for that.
    Without those 2 players, and Brisecrap in, could be a tough night for the habs.

March 29, 2008 at 2:17 pm

Some more down in the face negative comments from Hablifer … whats new

7. #7 patrick says:
    March 29, 2008 at 2:17 pm

Ottawa is losing to the Bruins right now, an Ottawa loss and a Montreal win tonight and we clinch the division!!!!

8. #8 hablifer says:
    March 29, 2008 at 2:27 pm

hey Carnage: I’M NOT MAKING UP THOSE INJURIES,JERK! What’s your problem dude?

9. #9 Rubberman says:
    March 29, 2008 at 2:36 pm

I don’t normally bash people here. Like everyone here, we got to put with asshole-know-it-alls in our everyday lives. Why put up with it here?

That being said, there are too many negatives people on this site. Not one team is perfect. The Habs made the playoffs when everyone (even most fans) wrote them off. So, enjoy the run (short or long) as it may be.

Go Habs go

10. #10 hablifer says:
    March 29, 2008 at 2:50 pm

From TSN:

The Latest: Saku Koivu and Mark Streit won’t play Saturday against the Maple Leafs. Koivu blocked a shot on his first shift on Friday. Streit suffered what appreared to be an ankle injury on the same shift.
    I would never make up an injury. Only a direspectful pompous ass would think that!

March 29, 2008 at 3:03 pm

No one cares about the injuries they are part of the game, I got no problems with that , what gets me is the sky is faling attitude all the time, and I would love to see you try and skate past Brisbois he would drop you like a bad habit… hip check into the next time zone … you probably can’t even skate with AAA Mid’s let alone any NHL’er

12. #12 Senet 1 says:
    March 29, 2008 at 3:06 pm

It is amazing that they were able to play through those injuries last night, Streit ended up assisting on all three goals I think. Kiovu also was in on the winner. Coach probably would prefer that they rest and get healthy for Ottawa. Just shows you how badly they wanted to win that game.

13. #13 Senet 1 says:
    March 29, 2008 at 3:15 pm

Just like to confirm what Hablifer told us, read carbo comments and his concern about their injuries. They won’t play tonight according to Carbo. Doctor has to look at them to determine the extent of the injury, heres hoping nothing is broke.

14. #14 Senet 1 says:
    March 29, 2008 at 3:17 pm

Hey Don, I am not sure if I missed something but what does hablifer’s skating ability have to do with Brisebois and his inconsistent play? I guess I must be in a different game or something?

15. #15 Senet 1 says:
    March 29, 2008 at 3:21 pm

I do agree with Don though that too many guys are always looking for the negative instead of the staying with the positives that we have.

Will Lapierre centre the second lin tonight? or will they move his line with Higgins into the # 2 slot and add Ryder to it? Any ideas guys.

16. #16 patrick says:
    March 29, 2008 at 3:27 pm

Ottawa down 3-0, am I the only one excited about clinching the division tonight? An Ottawa loss and a Hab win means we finish no lower then 2nd!

17. #17 hablifer says:
    March 29, 2008 at 3:42 pm

everyone should just dismiss Carnage’s comments. He can’t help it if he has mental issues. And if he thinks Brisebois is a could defenceman, then he really has mental problems!
    Also this guy thinks injuries mean nothing. what insensitivity!
    Oh, and I bet he can’t skate either, even tho it has nothing to do with my injury updates.

18. #18 JohnS says:
    March 29, 2008 at 3:57 pm

Its a final Boston beats Ottawa we can clinch the division with a win tonight.

Hopefully the injuries to Koivu and Streit are not serious.

19. #19 Senet 1 says:
    March 29, 2008 at 4:18 pm

It is hard to believe that Ottawa went down high so badly in the second half of the season. Hopefully they are not a sleeping giant come playoff time.

20. #20 Senet 1 says:
    March 29, 2008 at 4:19 pm

Sorry Hill not high, maybe I should be high on something??

21. #21 Senet 1 says:
    March 29, 2008 at 4:21 pm

Well better get ready to watch the game, it will be refreshing to watch it in English tonight, like a number of you all I get in this part of Ontario is the French station for the Montreal games. I believe someone said they could not understand much but but but but that was 4 goals.

22. #22 hablifer says:
    March 29, 2008 at 4:27 pm

I hate to be the messenger of bad news, but team 990 is reporting Koivu has a broken foot, and out 4-6 weeks. I was just listening to the team 990. He had xrays in Buffalo, and told too much swelling to confirm the diagnosis, yet a reporter for team 990 seems to have conclusive evidence that it’s true.
    worst scenario, is that Koivu will miss the 1st round, and could return for the 2nd round, around the end of April. let’s be optimistic. We will win for Koivu.

23. #23 Senet 1 says:
    March 29, 2008 at 4:32 pm

Well maybe a call to the farm is needed for a centreman. Or Maybe it is time to move higgins to his natural position and see how he does over the next four games.

24. #24 hablifer says:
    March 29, 2008 at 4:40 pm

I think Grabovsky is going to play center. Look, maybe it’s only a hairline fracture, grade 1-2, which would allow him to play. he’s going to be evaluated on Monday in Montreal.

March 29, 2008 at 4:41 pm

Hablifer your a fair weather fan at best…. If he had a broken foot I think by now it would be main stream news, and I am sure if I look back in the threads here you probably wanted him either traded or dead or both more than one time this season …. I for one hope its not serious but again the whole year we were very lucky and avoided injuries , worst case I guess Chip comes back up from Hamilton, no matter what happens this year has been a great year for this team. Would be nice to make a run at the finals, but if not I for one will not be upset, and I wont come on the net and bash the coach, the players or the GM, unlike many others that as soon as we play a bad game, or loose one , then all we see is the endless crying and bitching..

March 29, 2008 at 4:51 pm

I will watch the game in english just to hear the biased CBC crew tell us all their Leaf Nation garbage over and over

27. #27 Ice Man says:
    March 29, 2008 at 4:51 pm

Don. A bad Habit is hard to drop…LOL…..

March 29, 2008 at 5:11 pm

Thats true …. its going to be funny just watching those goons talk about their so called Canada’s team … egg all over their collective faces as the HABS tie up the division title … GO HABS GO !! GO HABS GO !! GO HABS GO !!

29. #29 Senet 1 says:
    March 29, 2008 at 5:16 pm

Well Don at least Cherry will tell you like it is and I am sure he will give the Leaf management an earfull too like he has all year when they don’t play the right players. It would be nice to have some of the old time tv announcers back. When they recognized a good play by the other team.

30. #30 Senet 1 says:
    March 29, 2008 at 5:22 pm

It is hard to believe that Kiovu will be out that long, he played the entire game last night with this broken bone, I cannot imagine him wanting to sit out if he can get his foot in his skate. A week could make a big difference if it is a minor fracture.

I never thought about Grabovsky, not sure he could fill the position but I guess we have four games to see. I would also like to see if Higgins can make a good centre at this level.

31. #31 Senet 1 says:
    March 29, 2008 at 7:45 pm

What’s with all of these penalties, we spend half the first period again in the box. Same thing last night. Hopefully we can get something going in the second.

32. #32 Habman says:
    March 29, 2008 at 7:46 pm

If all you guyz think that its ok to have important players get taken out by injury to justify your “insane ” comments about filling in gaps and “stepping up…might as well just call the whole “HAMILTON BULLDOGS ” up and let them finish the season!
    HEALTH is the most important factor winning on the p[layoffs..if you dont think so
    Your in 1: grade 6 2: never played hockey past the “pee wee” level 3: are best friends woth the two dumbest guyz n this blog “ice man” and “senet 1″
    Get a F–ckin grip on your brash and plain “idiotic’analogy of what you think hockey is…!!!

I said Danedault would be in with brisebrois last blog, halak would be playing , and Toronto WINS!!!!
    Better hope im wrong about T.O winning..cuz im gonna let you guyz have it right in your FACE!!!!!

33. #33 Dancan81 says:
    March 29, 2008 at 7:52 pm

Wow Habman, cool down. Take a breath and count to 1 million. You’ll feel better.

March 29, 2008 at 8:09 pm

LOL this guy is a real cracker … Habman and Hablifer are the same guy some old drunk jobless welfare bum

35. #35 hablifer says:
    March 29, 2008 at 8:20 pm

who is habman? IT’S DON CArnage who’s claim to fame is bashing every single person on this blog!
    tHANKS HABMAN FOR NOT ALLOWING THAT MANIAC TO DEFAME YOU!

36. #36 hablifer says:
    March 29, 2008 at 8:47 pm

hey Habman: are you going to let DON CARNAGE call you an old drunk on welfare?
    See how he bashes every person on this blog. he has to be put in his place.

37. #37 Habman says:
    March 29, 2008 at 9:02 pm

Its to easy Hablifier, he just has to look at the score and justify his stupidity and wish he knew more about the game then me…anyway..injuries have nothing to do with the POWER PLAY, Mark Striet and Koivu can be reaplced ..OH YEAH…no problem!

HAHAHAHA!

38. Is it not fair weather behaviour as a Hab Fan to humiliate a less fortunate fellow Habs fan?

39. #39 Joseph says:
    March 29, 2008 at 9:04 pm

This game has been about as exciting as watching paint dry.

40. #40 habsfanforlife says:
    March 29, 2008 at 9:13 pm

Why can’t we beat the Laffs?

41. #41 habsfanforlife says:
    March 29, 2008 at 9:14 pm

They have twice as many shots as we do. Shoot the damn puck!!!!!

42. #42 Habman says:
    March 29, 2008 at 9:14 pm

OPPS! yeah boyz there goes BOULLION..you Genuises!,,,it alright we cab FILL THAT GAP TOO>.comon tell me your SOLUTION!!!!>>>COMON !!!! TELL ME I NEED YOUR GUIDANCE AND REASSURANCE!!!!!!!!!

ICE MAN???
    CARNAGE????
    ANY OF YOU “GAP REPLACERS” HAVE ANY ANSWERS??????

Dint think so….

43. #43 Habman says:
    March 29, 2008 at 9:17 pm

Maybe a “little practice” for HALAK
    against Ottawa in that 7 to 1 third period might of helped?…ya think?..ahahahahahahahaha!

44. #44 habs4life says:
    March 29, 2008 at 9:19 pm

Right after 3:0 win Isles, Halak answered MTL CJAD800′s interview, expressing that he would still be competing the #1 goalie.

Now, after today’s game, I hope Halak will be willing to do the backup goalie, at least by the end of this season.

45. #45 habsfanforlife says:
    March 29, 2008 at 9:21 pm

Here’s the Pens chance to leapfrog the Habs for tops in the conference.

46. #46 habsfanforlife says:
    March 29, 2008 at 9:24 pm

Hard to win games when you’re on the pk all game!

March 29, 2008 at 9:25 pm

I never said we could replace anyone … if I did show me where ? I said we need to deal with injuries same as any team, but we were lucky all year and stayed healthy… they need to step up and find ways to deal with this, all teams deal with injuries … I dont bash everyone on this blog just the ones that are easy targets.

48. #48 Habman says:
    March 29, 2008 at 9:25 pm

Well..if its any relief for all the “trade Mongers”, yes the ones in previous blogs a couple months ago ..wanting RYDER and KOIVU traded…well just think as them as TRADED instead of injured….THIS IS YOUR RESULT!..HAPPY????
    I know who you are and so do you!
    I never start crap unless i see it on here or i get a direct attack!
    Leave people to the opinions alone, and have yours respected in return!

March 29, 2008 at 9:26 pm

And yes we are taking penalties all the time it seems, alot of the times uncalled for but again this is something we need to find a way to deal with, bad refs are a problem this year, worse than last year it seems .

50. #50 Habman says:
    March 29, 2008 at 9:29 pm

LaPierre just got a “stinger”….are you guys sure we can handle the playoffs in the first round without these guys 100%….

I feel like s–t having to use my favorite all time team as an exanple tp prove this too you..it is a sad day in HAB LAND….sad day indeed…..
    I sit and listen to your whining now..

PEACE