Toronto Failures

• The Habs visit Toronto in what will be definitely the final time this year. The Leafs have once again failed to reach the post-season.

March 29, 2008 at 9:30 pm

And again might be better off in 2nd place depends who we face in first round… but as I said before no matter what, I wont bash the players or the coach or the GM … not many people can say that around here LOL

2. #2 Habman says:
    March 29, 2008 at 9:32 pm

That limp by Lapierre..its normal for him to walk like that to the dressing room..no worries…HAHAHAHA!!!

3. #3 Habman says:
    March 29, 2008 at 9:33 pm

Don Carnage
    Posted on March 29th, 2008 at 12:16 pm. About ‘Toronto Failures’.

Hey let’s be nice to our poor Leaf’s fans for a change , they need some lovin !!

NOT !!!! Well its kinnda sad this game is not the game that breaks their back the Bruins had that pleasure … Hope we grab another 2 points here , it would be great …

WHOS GOT THE BROKEN BACK?????

4. We now need Biron to finnih the year,BEEF!!!!

5. #5 Senet 1 says:
    March 29, 2008 at 9:36 pm

Well first of all habman if you check you notes you will find that I agreed with you on the health issue, but after your juvenille comments I am not so sure I would ever agree with you again. Are you some kind of a little 8 year old kid, you must be because man would have more respect and maybe even learn a little about the game. Wait a minute its is after 9:30 should you be in bed. I got on this blog because I thought I was going to get into some intellengent hockey conversation, but with little kids with foul mouths,

6. #6 habs4life says:
    March 29, 2008 at 9:37 pm

Believe or not, there is the under wave of anti-Habsism in the NHL world.
    Obviously, Habs the most times winner of the Cup.

7. #7 Senet 1 says:
    March 29, 2008 at 9:41 pm

Those of us and I was one called for Koivu and Ryder to be taked mainly for two different reason, I am not dumb enough to want them to be traded for nothing, and lets face they got hurt if we had traded Kiovu we would have had a good player for him.
    Ryder being traded was for another reason altogether, he is UFA this summer and I hate loosing player and getting nothing in return.
    I will be the first to admit that both Koivu and Ryder are playing much better the last month or two, had they played that well in the first half the trade talk would probably not be made. In fact it you read what I said last night and again tonight to would see I made similar comments

8. #8 Habman says:
    March 29, 2008 at 9:45 pm

Thank you SENET 1 for stepping up to the plate and acknowledging that!
    Now theres a HAB FAN!
    anyone else admit there are issues with health , or any suggestions on solutions,?
    Komi, Koivu, Bouiliin, LAPIERRE, , WE NEED THESE GUYS BADLY!

wE NEED OUR captain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. #9 Senet 1 says:
    March 29, 2008 at 9:45 pm

One final note, it is a good thing that we are all habs fans because I would hate to see how we would treat each other and the language used if we rooted for different teams.

10. #10 Senet 1 says:
    March 29, 2008 at 9:47 pm

Habman I acknowedge it the night you made the statement

11. #11 Senet 1 says:
    March 29, 2008 at 9:48 pm

On the other hand we cannot leave all our good players out of these last four or five games.

12. #12 Joseph says:
    March 29, 2008 at 9:51 pm

“Why can’t we beat the Laffs?”

Season series: 3-3-1

Why do so many people either everyone exaggerate the negatives associated with this organization or invent ones that don’t even exist? The season series is even, as per usual. And so they lost an essentially meaningless game tonight with Koivu, Streit, Price and others out of the line-up. So what. As I stated before, it’s a lot more gratifying watching to see if your team finishes first in its conference than it is hoping that your non-playoff bound spoiler team can come up with a victory against a superior rival.

13. #13 Senet 1 says:
    March 29, 2008 at 9:53 pm

Getting off the injury subject for a moment, the way Ottawa is playing we can probably clinch our division and loose all the rest of our games. I would be bringing up a couple of the young guns from Hamilton.

Was it me or did Grabovsky look lost tonight. I think I would have Lappiere up on that line and bring up Chipchura.

14. #14 Joseph says:
    March 29, 2008 at 9:54 pm

That being said, I can smell the sour grapes in Toronto all the way from my house.

15. #15 Senet 1 says:
    March 29, 2008 at 9:55 pm

Hey Joseph, right on, I think we leaf haters get so wrapped up with beating the leafs that we forget the bigger picture.

16. #16 Joseph says:
    March 29, 2008 at 10:03 pm

Exactly my point, Senet 1. We should all enjoy the success of this season rather than focus on what’s wrong with the Habs when they can’t close the deal on first overall. I guarantee you this: if you asked any Habs fan at the beginning of the season if they’d be critical of an Eastern Conference lead with four games left in the season, they’d have said no way!

17. We let the Laff’s win to help them with the Draft,lol

18. #18 Joseph says:
    March 29, 2008 at 10:08 pm

Xtrahabsfan, they effectively removed themselves from the sweepstakes in their futile, and very delusional, effort to make the playoffs. But it’s the thought that counts, right? Generous Habs.

19. #19 Joseph says:
    March 29, 2008 at 10:09 pm

Also, Senet 1, I agree with you that the Habs won’t likely need to do a whole lot to secure their division win. Ottawa is… lost.

20. #20 Joseph says:
    March 29, 2008 at 10:14 pm

And as predicted, my ‘Leafs fan friends’ are texting me right now to let me know that their sorry team beat the Habs tonight. How very, very sad. I genuinely feel sorry for them.

21. #21 Joseph says:
    March 29, 2008 at 10:23 pm

OK, the last of my multi-posts…

A positive: The Habs’ penalty kill looked like a well oiled machine tonight.

(Aside from that, I was bored stiff by that game.)

22. #22 hablifer says:
    March 29, 2008 at 10:32 pm

the big picture is now how our injuries are piling up at the worst time of the year. Without Streit on the PP, we’re not very good(as shown tonight).
    We can’t expect to win games with Brisebois, Dandeneault, and Smolinski.
    If Koivu is in fact out of the lineup for an extended time, say 4 weeks, it’s going to be tough, because our opposition will counter on our #1 line and shut them down, and then who’s going to score for us? who will our 2nd line be?
    I think we have good reason to be concerned, and I certainly am.

23. #23 hablifer says:
    March 29, 2008 at 10:47 pm

I watched the bruins game this afternoon, and the bruins were extremely physical hitting everything in sight. I’ll take our chances with the flyers.
    So here’s hoping the flyers finish ahead of the bruins because I see us finishing in 2nd place. Forget 1st place, too many injuries.
    Let’s get that 1 point, and rest the guys.

24. #24 Senet 1 says:
    March 29, 2008 at 10:56 pm

Well we all would like to see the habs win in the playoffs, personally, at the beginning of the season I would have take just making the playoff and secondly, getting past the first round or two would have been a bonus.

So lets take a try at creating a second line. Lets try this move Lapierre to the 2nd line with Higgins & Sergie Kost. or Ryder. Then move the alternate to the third line bring up chipchura to centre that line am not sold on Grabovsky.

25. #25 Senet 1 says:
    March 29, 2008 at 11:01 pm

Watching our power play tonight it was quite apparent that we miss Streit more than Koivu. I am not saying we won’t miss our captain but one first line is our main production on the power play. We need Streit to quarterback it.

anyone know how KOMy is coming with his injury?

26. #26 hablifer says:
    March 29, 2008 at 11:09 pm

Senet; you’ll be happy to know that Komisarek starts skating again on Monday, so he will definitely be back for the playoffs. And Streit should be out about 1 week. All this news is according to the team 990, who has inside information to everything involving the habs. It looks like Koivu is able to play thru pain, so maybe after 3 weeks he could be back. So I guess it will just be a question of getting thru 1 round of the playoffs without him, and then we’ll be ok.

27. #27 marklovesthehabs says:
    March 30, 2008 at 10:24 am

I was at t he game last night…6th row up just to the right of the Habs bench. Injuries
    were my main fear….hamrlik took a shot off the anke…than Bouillon…..than Lapierre. Koivu may be out for the year.
    And I have NEVER seen the Habs beat Toronto in Toronto in my 21 yrs of living here.
    No emotion last night….they looked truly AWFUL. I hope it’s just one game.

28. #28 Donnie says:
    March 30, 2008 at 11:07 am

Even with the big win in Buf, these last 2 games have been very lame efforts. The drive and desire aren’t there…..weather both are gone or just put on the shelf for a few games, this is a bad time of year to start getting lazy and just coast into the playoffs. Blame it on penalties or injuries; an efford would still be good. Remember, most teams that coast into the playoffs the last few games because they already have a spot, are usually coasted right out again by a team who worked hard the last 5 games+ to actually get a spot. Your work ethic at the end of the season usually dictates how your playoff run is gonna go. Better hope this is a 1 or 2 game break, and we pick it up again against Ott on Tues night or there could be a very quick and harsh end to an otherwise great season.

29. #29 jack hab says:
    March 30, 2008 at 11:32 am

Even though the boys weren’t 100% last night (in health and skill) I did see some emotion.
    Gorges was cross checked (and dumped) on that first goal by Sundin. Did you catch his
    reaction – he was pissed! That’s two games in a row that officiating really hurt us. I’m not
    saying that the team played great hockey over the last couple of games, but given the
    injuries the phantom calls, non calls and the fact that they played the night before, hey,
    a win would of been nice last night – but a tall order indeed.

30. #30 jack hab says:
    March 30, 2008 at 11:41 am

Donnie – some very interesting points. I do believe if it’s one thing this team has shown
    us all year is that they don’t get down for very long. I think every team in the league has
    had extended losing streaks – I think Montreal’s longest was 3 games. They’ll bounce back.

31. #31 habs11 says:
    March 30, 2008 at 11:50 am

how would you guys like a washington vs habs series in the first round?

32. #32 jack hab says:
    March 30, 2008 at 12:00 pm

I’d love it. Not only do I think it would be very entertaining, but the boys (IMO) would win
    that series.

33. #33 hablifer says:
    March 30, 2008 at 12:32 pm

caps would win without a doubt. How many games have the caps won in a row now? 10? they’re the hottest team in the league, and the 1 team you DON’T WANT TO PLAY!

34. #34 Joseph says:
    March 30, 2008 at 1:22 pm

Whatever, I’d play Washington in a second. They’re not that good a team.

A question:

Why are the likes of Sundin, Tucker, McCabe, Kubina, Toskala, and so on in the Leafs line-up with only a handful of utterly meaningless games remaining to be played in the season? Shouldn’t the younger guys be given a chance to develop a bit, show what they can do, compete for spots on the roster next season? Why hasn’t Pogge been given a start or two, or four? Or is Toronto Maple Leaf pride so important that it actually takes precedence over logic and common sen– I may have just answered my own question.

35. #35 Joseph says:
    March 30, 2008 at 1:29 pm

Just to clarify…

Washington has won 4 in a row, not 10. They are 9-4-1 over their last fifteen. Certainly not bad, but hardly the hottest team in the league–that would be either Edmonton or San Jose–and one tht would likely fade quickly in the first round if they were able to get in.

36. #36 Habman says:
    March 30, 2008 at 2:21 pm

Senet 1
    Posted on March 29th, 2008 at 10:56 pm. About ‘Toronto Failures’.

SEE!..thats what i like to see, some solid decision making and common sense, utilize the speed and try to bump up the other line, Carbo should be using the final games to “experiment” he may come up with some kind of “mad mans” concoction.
    good call !

37. #37 Habman says:
    March 30, 2008 at 2:22 pm

One good line cant do it now, rather have three mediocre lines than one great one, one average line , and one poor line, you know what will happen without the “muscle” we need….

38. #38 Habman says:
    March 30, 2008 at 2:30 pm

We lose to Ottawa, we lose to Buffalo, we win against Toronto, that is that Carboneau makes no move to Hamilton to replace Koivu, or Komi, .

last time Koivu got hurt was against a “no call” when he injured his eye, up 3 games and lose , Carolina goes on to win the Stanley Cup!

Adversity inspires this team, and we need our Captain to rally our troops!

39. #39 Habman says:
    March 30, 2008 at 2:32 pm

Washington vs Habs????>..Huet vs Price, Kovalev vs Russian “mad man”… 4 games to 3, Habs!

40. #40 Habman says:
    March 30, 2008 at 2:37 pm

Geniuses….Chipichura was traded!

41. #41 Habman says:
    March 30, 2008 at 2:38 pm

I guess he will be playing like a guy who wants to be with a team he is going to…if Montreal plays against them!…lol.ahahahahaha!

42. #42 Habman says:
    March 30, 2008 at 2:52 pm

If I was Gainey….

Ring ring, anbswer the phone!…yes This is BOB, I want to have these guys down for practice immediately!
    C-man Brock Trotter: 5 ft 10 180 shoots R
    D-man Pavel Valentenko 6 ft 6 230 shoots L
    RW -man James Wyman 6 ft 2 212 shoots R
    RW-man Brett Engelhardt 6 ft 2 210 shoots R
    C-man Corey Locke 5 ft 9 171 shoots L

Get down here NOW!!!!!!This is an EMERGENCY
    Pavel would be great with the RuSSIAN

43. #43 Habman says:
    March 30, 2008 at 3:07 pm

Valentenko, he has got silver 2007 world junior experience(2 goals 3 assists, 6 pen.min and plus 3 rating), has common ground and ethnic reasons to stick up for the special “K’ line and Kovalev,will have good communication skilss and very good reason to kick some arse!

44. #44 Habman says:
    March 30, 2008 at 3:08 pm

This guy doesnt like to smile alot..lets put it this way…I hope to GOD! we see him in the line up!

45. #45 Habman says:
    March 30, 2008 at 3:10 pm

We will see who is the dummies here,,….we will see!

46. #46 Habman says:
    March 30, 2008 at 3:12 pm

Oh yes, I was right about TO , they should of PULLED PRICE AFTER 7 TO 1 Lead…he may have felt better about PLAYING T.O!

March 30, 2008 at 3:19 pm

Why does Habman talk to himself on here post after post just himself?

A strange one for sure

48. #48 Joseph says:
    March 30, 2008 at 3:42 pm

I think he’s going for a new record for consecutive, unanswered posts, repetitious as some of them may be.

49. Give em hell Habman,You are representing the Canadian Charter of Freedom’s and Rights, some of the best law’s ever passed,and real Canadians back em with thier lives!!!!Foreal!!!!plus it keeps us from joining the BORG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

50. #50 hablifer says:
    March 30, 2008 at 6:03 pm

habman: I agree with you. Valentenko needs to be with the habs. big, strong, will hit anything that moves. Get rid of that soft, cough up the puck Brisecrap, and bring the muscle. Can’t you see it? Komisarek on 1 side and Valentenko on the other side. Get rid of thw wimps, ie. Brisecrap, Dandy, and Smolinski and bring in some big bodies. Physical play wins stanley cups, not softies.