Matinee Horror Show

• Yesterday’s matinee was certainly a horror picture. A scary one for the ages.

Another terrible day time effort and another day time loss. The Canadiens are the scariest show around on a weekend afternoon.

The sequel is set for 2PM today. Which team will show up? The intense, combative and passioniate one from Thursday night or the lifeless weekend zombies?

Carbonneau has sent for replacements in Downey, Niinimaa and Murray. Now what will Mr.Downey do with the ice time he’s going to seee?

The bottom line is if the Habs put up another horror flick Pittsburgh will tie their point total, pass them with their 2 games in hand and the Canadiens will fall to 6th. Their lowest ranking of the year and only 4 points from being 9th and out of the playoffs.

Now that’s scary!

1. #1 Habs#1 says:
    February 4, 2007 at 1:55 pm

The Habs are the most inconsistent team when it comes to effort from the veterans to the young guys. And the reason the young guys on this team are less enthusiastic then other teams young guns can be summed up in two words: Alex Kovalev.

The young guys on the team unfortuanitly look up to him as a leader and see that he only gives a damn about 25% of the time so why should they? If this team’s young players are going to put in a consistent effort Kovalev needs to go.

I read today that the Habs are interested in acquiring Nathan Horton and Brad Boyes, but not really any older rental players(i.e. Forsberg, Bertuzzi, Nagy, etc.). This probably means Gainey dosen’t believe this years version of the Habs can go all the way and is thinking 1-2 years down the line. That being said if Gainey could get those two(Boyes is like Higgy right now, going through a sophmore slump after being third in rookie scoring last year behind AO and Crosby. And Horton is developing into a dominant power forward at 22.), the Habs would be a domiant team for years to come much like the Penguins will be. But Kovalev and Samsonov would have to be going the other way for this team to be able to grow. So Kovy/maybe also Ryder and a first round pick to Florida for Horton and Sammy to Beantown for Boyes.

Apparently the coaching staff and management in Boston don’t like Boyes very much and Horton wants out of Florida cause him and Martin don’t get along(just like Martin and Spezza didn’t. Obviously Jaques didn’t learn that when it comes down to a young talented player or the coach, the GM will pick the young talented player almost every time.)

Think about the rivalry these two teams would have with all of their young players if those deals could somehow happen.

Penguins:Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Whitney, Armstrong, Orpik, Christensin, Fleury,

Habs:Higgins, maybe Ryder(I just don’t see him in a Habs jersey after this year cause Gainey just dosen’t seem to be his biggest fan), Pleks, Lapierre, Latendresse, Perezhogin, the Kotstisyn bros., Chipchura, Price, Grabovski, O’Byrne, Komisarek, Markov(still fairly young), Yemelin, Fischer.

This could turn into a great rivalry but Kovalev and Sammy, mostly Kovalev cause at least Samosonv tries even though he’s not really affective, have to go.

February 4, 2007 at 2:48 pm

You have to admit sammy does seem to be trying out there.He is skating hard and trying to make plays but nothing has seemed to come together for him unfortunatly

3. With all do respect to Gainey and coaching staff of the Habs,who are you trying to punish by inserting Downie, Niinima and Murray? Don’t you think the fans deserve more??? Why don’t you sleep with my wife while your at it???GEEESE!!!!

February 4, 2007 at 3:09 pm

lol

5. Wow, we can’t score on a team with no defence,I though I saw a couple of Habs heads turn 360% and pea soup spew out of thier faces,call a priest.

6. #6 marks loves the habs says:
    February 4, 2007 at 3:51 pm

I just had an epiphany. Bettman was in the NBA for years. Now the NHL has become the NBA-if you touch a guy it’s a foul(Komasarek’s penalty in the 1st). Penalties are like walks in baseball-I hate them. 4 in the first alone-including Souray costing us a goal by taking a penalty when the team is a man down. No offence against a Penguins team with no defence. It’s just keeps getting worse and worse.

7. #7 doggone R habs says:
    February 4, 2007 at 3:57 pm

I think the officials are trying to even up the score. 4 penalties in the 1st period. all of them to the habs. Can you say biased? Sometimes I think the refs get paid off to call anything, no matter how ridiculous, on the habs.
    Basically, it’s called NO RESPECT!
    After all, Crosby is GOD! he walks on water, and we’ve never won anything in 100 years! What a joke is league is becoming.

8. Saw the Van ; Flames game last nite,its like a diffrent league,hitting ,scoring,fighting,fun to watch,no bad Ref calls and just better Hockey period.And I had to be born in MONTREAL,UGGGHHHH!!!

9. Izzy,you can sleep with my wife after the Habs win the cup this year,LOL.

10. Hey Guy, put Downie in goal, LOL

February 4, 2007 at 4:29 pm

lmgdao izzy lol

12. #12 HABMAN says:
    February 4, 2007 at 5:21 pm

3-2 Habs, if they can pull this off it will have salvaged that horrible effort yesterday afternoon. If not then the wobbly pops will come in handy ;-}

Bonk my hero of the game

13. #13 GoHabs1 says:
    February 4, 2007 at 5:31 pm

I’m new here. Long-time Habs fan in the Washington, DC metro area. I practice law in the courthouse directly across the street from the Canadian Embassy. My wife’s family is from Montreal. Lets win this in overtime…

14. soooouuurraaayyyy!!!!!!

15. #15 HABMAN says:
    February 4, 2007 at 5:37 pm

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!Mr Fancypants Sydney Crosby thought he could be cute. Well we showed him what will happen when you try to be too cute!! I love it !!! We needed this BAAAAADDDDDD!!!GO HABS GO!!!

16. #16 Habs#1 says:
    February 4, 2007 at 5:37 pm

Ladies and Gentleman, Thomas Plekanec has proved me wrong. I said he couldn’t cut it as the second line centre put he’s been the Habs best player over the last month!

He’s just been huge.

Oh yeah, if any complains about Streit again you should go jump off a bridge. He’s been huge for the Habs over the last month.

Please get rid of Sammy or Kovy so that way they’ll have cap room to get Markov and Souray re-signed.

February 4, 2007 at 5:43 pm

Welcome to the board GOHABS1

18. #18 doggone R habs says:
    February 4, 2007 at 5:58 pm

well, if you heard the commentators say: ” the reason the habs don’t score 5 on 5, is because they don’t go to the net”. So, Plekanec and Streit went to the net, and scored as a result. This is what Carbo must scream at the players constantly, in order to win. But don’t expect Samsonov or Kovalev to respond.
    Bye bye to those 2 players. You’re gone!

19. #19 Rubberman says:
    February 4, 2007 at 6:04 pm

It’s so difficult to watch! Man, what the heck is wrong with this team? Gainey has to pull the trigger.
    - If you’re going to sit some guys out, try some forwards from the farm team.
    - Give Koivu a break. Who knows? Imagine playing with only one eye. Maybe it’s catching up to him.
    - I agree: trade Kovalev. Get some young blood and see what could happen. Right now, they’re in a tailspin with no end in sight.

This could be a brutal week!!!

Let’s go Habs! Do something!

20. #20 smiler2729 says:
    February 4, 2007 at 6:12 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. #21 Snake says:
    February 4, 2007 at 6:30 pm

WHEW!!!!!!!!!!

The Season may have possibly been saved with this one game. HUGE.

Pleks is a complete player and has always shown the abilities to became a scoring center but just has not put the puck in the net. NOw he is driving the net and is completing his all around game. HE couls of had the Hat trick in OT but instead gave it up for the sure goal. TEAM PLAYER and now team leader.

P.S You could argue he is our #1 center.

22. #22 doggone R habs says:
    February 4, 2007 at 6:48 pm

I think he was at the right place at the right time. he scores what people call the garbage goals; in other words he gets the easy goals off of rebounds. weren’t these the type of goals Higgins used to score? I’m fine with that.
    But in order for him to score, he has to be stationed in front of the net at all times. So who will take the shot, in order to get rebounds?
    I’m glad that Crosby got caught trying to carry the puck, hog style.
    He thinks if anyone tries to touch him, they should be penalized. he’s a real cry baby, and thinks he’s God. Nice to see the crowd recognize that.
    habs need to find a way to stay out of the penalty box; it’s killing them. Boys, try some discipline. watch films of NJ, because they have the lowest penalty minutes in the league.

February 4, 2007 at 7:08 pm

lol once again izzy priceless on your 22nd post.(shower up lol)

24. #24 Drive_4_25 says:
    February 4, 2007 at 7:56 pm

Guys I’m just floating a thought here!!!

At the risk of sounding too suspecious…It would seem to me that WAY to often you see Calgary, Ott, Vancouver and especially Montreal get shalacked with GARBAGE OFFICIATING>>> Now what I’m getting at is …The one person that could actually have an effect on these games is also the person that would have the most to gain by AMERICAN teams winning over CANADIAN teams! Yes, you guessed it,,Gary Bettman…Mr. HOCKEY AMERICANA with the new uniforms and the flashy Reff’s armbands is all but praying for an american team to compete for the stanley cup… even better 2 american teams in the race…All because of the exposure it would give the failing U.S hockey market….

Think about it EVERYTIME I see the habs play BUFF,Philly,Florida,Tampa,Dallas,NYI and Rangers etc…Were ALWAYS at the losing end of Bullshit penalty calls!! Now generally I would say that I’m looking through my habs colored glasses…But The games that I’ve watched from out west seem to tell THE SAME STORY!!!!!

I hope i’m wrong but the more the season goes on the more i’m convinced I’m on to something….

If someone knows where we could compile some stats I’m sure you’ll see that Im on to something…

Gotta love Crosby getting caught trying to goad a hab into a penalty call, and gets caught in the worst way… I’m surprise they didn’t dissallow the goal!

GO HABS GO!

P.S M.Gainey PLEEEEEASE get us a strong centerman!

25. #25 joshtm says:
    February 4, 2007 at 8:08 pm

What we need to do is call in the UN on the NHL. Honestly, this new NHL and their suckig up to Crosby big time, more than once the Penguins got away with boarding, tripping and elbowing. I guess Bettman musta ordered the refs to be kind to the league’s sweetheart eh? Anything for ratings, what ratings?

I think Kovalev got a penalty just by looking like Kovalev…man, he needs some voodoo magic done on his to get rid of the curse or what?

Streit finally has come out of his slump. Its good to see even Johnson trying hard. Gainey musta promised Streit and Johnson a trade in return for working hard….my only guess. But Plekanec deserves the C or at least the A, take it away from someone if you have to.

Where the hell were Ninny and Downie in this game, anyone notice these guys?

26. Izzy,my wife misread your post”I CAN BE THERE IN AN HOUR” FOR” I TAKE AN HOUR”,I THINK SHE WANT’S YOU BAD ,BUDS!!! “Jeeeesee what does that say about me???I’LL NEED 1 MIN.TO THINK ABOUT THAT.

27. #27 smiler2729 says:
    February 5, 2007 at 8:13 am

I, too, think Gary Bettman’s got it going against Canadian teams especially if they make it to the Finals. Apparently his ideal situation is to take a Canadian based team and a lousy market U.S. team and let them play a 7 game final with the U.S. based club winning the Cup… it’s good for business, keeps the Canadian fans into it and gives the American fans a winner. Ya don’t believe me? Carolina over Edmonton in 7 – 2006, Tampa Bay over Calgary in 7 – 2004 and just watch this season probably Anaheim over Ottawa in 7.

28. #28 HAB-DAB-A-DO says:
    February 5, 2007 at 10:10 am

Bad move I think to scratch Sammy yesterday, Past few games he’s been skating his but off. From what I could see playing with more effort than most guys on the ice.

29. sunday’s game, was probably one of the best habs game since new year’s eve.

It was intense… I don’t know where this rivalry with the pengouins comes from but it’s great.

The only remark I have about that game is Ryder shooting from impossible angles… 2 on 1 , he shoots everytime.

30. Habs #1:

I don’t think one can blame Alex Kovalev for everything wrong in Montreal! Kovalev is clearly the most talented player that Montreal has when he plays.

For the last twenty or so years, a major problem has been the intense pressure that these guys are under in Montreal from “whack job” fans like Xhabsfan and joshtm (of course, there are many, many others, but there the most obvious on this site anyways.) This is especially true for French players who generally won’t even consider Montreal as a place to play. A lot of these fans still seem to think that we are living in the 1970s even though, it has been 14 years since the Habs won the cup (and even that year, they did it as a dark horse.)

Think about the number of quality players that have played in Montreal in the last twenty years. However, have you ever noticed that they never, ever had their best years while playing in Montreal? (ie. Leeman, Damphousse, Recchi, Leclair, Desjardins, Schneider, Linden, Zubrus, Perrault, etc., etc.) The Canadiens have consistently acquired quality players and turned them into 40-60 point scorers or they give up on a prospect and subsequently watch them become a 50 goal scorer or 100 point scorers elsewhere. Kovalev and Samsanov are just the latest in this trend.

I would bet that no current player really wants to step up to this pressure because of Montreal’s Chicken Little, “Sky is Falling” fans (Still fourth in the Eastern Conference by the way, guys.) will be all over you once start to slump (which is inevitable both as a hockey player and as a team.) For example, look how many guys on this site have already turned on Higgins and Ryder. It is disgusting really, and is the worst trait about the fans in Montreal.

I am not trying to criticize Carbonneau’s tactics (because he is a rookie coach who also needs fan support) but I really don’t think that the constant benchings, line promotions/demotions, verbal outbursts directed at players are a good way to build a player’s confidence. He might get some short term benefit out of these tactics that he is using, but it will be just that, short term. It also plays into the hands of the “whack job” fans because it fuels their inherent right to criticize the players on their own team (ie. consider the Samsanov fiasco — fans quit too early on him, and he quit on you — a lose-lose scenario.) I suspect Carbonneau will put alot of these tactics away as he matures.

Anyways, Pleks and Streit are great this week, but watch how the fans will also turn on them when they stop scoring every single game.

Also, please note that Souray seems to have bucked these trends. He has clearly stepped up this year. He is both performing well on the ice, and has clearly stepped up into a team leadership role. Let’s just pray that he has not done this because he has put the “whack job” Hab fans behind him already (who unbelievably still criticize him for his current season.) I have a gut feeling that he has, and may be thinking of his life after Montreal. I hope not, but I guess we will see.

31. It seems that the “whack job” fans may have done it again!

Apparently, the chants of “faker, faker” directed at Crosby at the Bell Center on Sunday both met their mark and were not appreciated.

Direct Quote from Sidney Crosby: “It’s a road game. I grew up liking this team (Montreal) and there’s a reason they’re passionate fans. My liking this team has probably changed since then.”

That is the first evidence that I have ever seen suggesting that Crosby will not likely want to play for the Canadiens in the future. Probably just as well because if past trends are any prediction of the future, he would give up scoring 150+ points per season for around 50 points.

Tought break, but the whack jobs have done it again.

32. ROB,GO GET A PENS SHIRT AND A MIRROR SO U CAN KISS YOUR OWN ASS ALL DAY,SMUK! ALL FANS SHARE THIER LOVE FOR THE TEAM “HABS”,WHILE YOUR FIXATED WITH A 19 YEAR OLD CHILD WHO PLAYS FOR ANOTHER TEAM!WHY DON’T U FIGURE OUT WHO YOU CHEER FOR BEFORE U POST YOUR VIEWS CAUSE AN ARENA FULL OF HABS FANS ARE LAUGHING AT U RITE NOW.IM EMBARREST FOR YOU ROB!!

33. #33 kazmojo says:
    February 5, 2007 at 1:51 pm

While I tend to agree with you, Rob, I think you went a little overboard this time. Crosby’s got a lot of maturing to do before he can wear the venerable tricolor. The hotdogging and the fake injuries are really pathetic.

And as far as Samsonov goes, I doubt all his problems are due to the fans. He was greeted as a saviour and promptly did nothing. Kovalev turns it on and off, but really turns it on in the playoffs — it’s maddening, but it’s enough I guess.

As for Carbo, his line tinkerings are actually overdue. Samsonov responded well enough to being placed on Bonk’s line. And the shakeup of Higgins and Ryder was long overdue. Both skated well last night, although I suspect Higgins might still be injured.

But I hear you on Streit, Plekanec and the rest. They are the underpaid, underrecognized workhorses. Even Lapierre, who hasn’t produced since his last callup, still works hard — like when he stayed on the ice last night after his dumb penalty and helped produced a goal.

34. #34 joshtm says:
    February 5, 2007 at 2:23 pm

Yup, its official. Kovalev’s slump is because of me. In spite of fans Bob Gainey and Gauthier are forced to and they have no choice but to hire these highly talented players to come here and suffer under high taxes and great expectations. Yes it is perfectly okay for the Habs to sign very talented players and not expect them to work for the money they get paid for because ROB says so. There, even Mr. Bettman agrees with Rob. There are you happy now ROB? So when are we going to shut down the Habs ROB? I bet ROB held a party when the expos closed down…..

When are we gonna get solid constant lines instead of Carbo’s constant line tinkering…honestly and Gainey and Gauthier pay him to basically destroy their hard work of drafting talented pros. Well not entirely talented pros, how do you explain Ninny and Downie and Murray? Don’t forget keeping the likes of Rivet way beyond his best before date, it’s time to make Rivet VP of the Canadians Alumni, isn’t that where the habs previous hard worker contributers go when they are ready to be retired?

I know I’ve crapped on Gainey for being an ambulance chaser, which he is, but hey it was great class for Montreal’s Doctor to step up to the plate in the last game…great class. Maybe that’s why Gainey thinks he can resurrect dead and deceased players who really should be selling used cars…..Jesus of Montreal lives in the Habs clinic, Montreal where Lazuras comes to play hockey, too bad we can’t resurrect Ninny, or Downie or Murray, maybe the miracle cure is gone or what?

35. #35 Snake says:
    February 5, 2007 at 3:25 pm

Who are the fools that keep saying Souray is weak in the Defensive zone. HE has been a monster the last 2-3 months at both ends of the ice. SOMETIMES PEOPLE DONT REALIZE WHAT THEY HAVE UNTIL THEY LOSE IT.

36. #36 Snake says:
    February 5, 2007 at 3:26 pm

As for Crosby, what a little bi*ch.

37. I loved when the fans gave a standing ovation to the refs yesterday,like Tretiak says” Montreal fans best fans in the world!”.The few momentary captions of the Refs faces were priceless.Also the conection Souray has with the FANS WAS SO EVIDENT AFTER THAT LAST BEAUTY GOAL,you know he love’s it in Montreal. HABS HAVE GOT A SUPERSTAR TOO…SOURAY!!!!! DEFENCE,OFFENCE ,LEADER AND WHAT A FIGHTER,HE’S WORTH 10 CRY BABY CROSBYS,ASK DOWNEY!!!

38. #38 joshtm says:
    February 5, 2007 at 3:38 pm

Yes ROB it’s true there is a conspiracy in Montreal, we fans don’t want our superstars to be superstars! It’s true. Yup with our collective ESP powers we mind meld and force Kovalev to play the way he does, we are all Yoda, yes Rob we are all Yoda, its true.

Say Rob did you forget to take your meds today?

39. NOW THAT’S A GOAL!!!

40. Crosby needs to mature professionally before he ever wears the Red, White, and Blue colours of the Montreal Canadiens. He is a baby and he needs to grow up. He is a BOY playing in a MAN’S WORLD. I think, unlike a couple of you people on this site that he will one day play for the Montreal Canadiens. He still likes them, that comment was taken out of context. He has always been a Canadiens fan and he will play for them one day, watch and see. However, a lot of you will agree with me that he will have to mature if the ever wants to play here because Montreal fans will not stand a baby! Anyone agree with some of these points here!

Ziman

41. #41 joshtm says:
    February 5, 2007 at 4:15 pm

One more thing ROB, we the fans, all of us who are Yoda, we also with our collective ESP powers we make Souray, yes, while at the same time that we force talented players down like Koivu and Kovalev, we play favourites with Souray and then we play mind tricks on Carbo and force him to snipe at his own players. Watch out ROB the force may be out for you next, tomorrow morning you’ll wake up wearing a Penguins shirt, oh wait I mean a Laffs shirt cause hey you’re already wearing Sidneys’….hahaha!!!

42. #42 joshtm says:
    February 5, 2007 at 5:03 pm

Ya’ll listen to Ziman, what was it, three years ago now, wasn’t it? Was that you Ziman, one morning during Habs practice you got on, and the security guys didn’t catch you, including the entire Habs lockerroom, and hey wasn’t that one of the reasons why the last coach prior to Gainey taking over was fired? Was that you Ziman? Now I see why you talk about Crosby wearing a red white and blue, in your dreams, what you musta also overheard the morning call to Gainey, you know the one where Crosby offered his services to Bob, only to have Bob say “call me when you are injured and worn out?”….is that you Ziman? Hey buddy, way to go, since who the hell was that who is now coaching Sidney your bestest buddy there, was fired causa you?

43. Snake:

You hit it right on the head! Some people don’t know what they have ’till it’s gone. I sincerely hope that Souray is not leaving, but you have to admit that the transformation between last year and this year is miraculous. If he decides that he is heading to LA next year (and is focused on success this year for free agency purposes), more power to him. However, it is even more amazing that if you go back and review the comments about him on Habs blog this season, you would think that he is having a terrible season.

Most of you have misunderstood my point (not surprisingly, it is joshtm and Xhabsfan principally — the lower on the evolutionary chain!) It is probably easier to be a consistent 40-60 point player in Montreal than ever get 100 points in a season because the fans in Montreal now actually seem to hate successful players.

In fact, look deep down; many of you seem to actually want all the current players to leave Montreal by your comments.

Hell, if I was a player in the NHL, I would head for the relative obscurity, lower taxes, lessened pressure, warmer climate of another NHL city too where I wasn’t reminded daily how great my team USED to be. Where I could actually lose a face off or make a bad pass without having it rubbed in my face on a daily basis.

Are we, Montreal fans, actually part of the problem??? I certainly think so.

44. samsonov was scratched? why i’ve watched him play this year despite his poor point totals he always plays hard and backchecks..and i think his lack is scoring is due to the fact that he never gets any icetime or powerplay time…if he got kovalev’s powerplay time he would easily have as many points as him…which isn’t many…why not scratch koivu or kovalev or higgins or ryder…why are they always picking on him..i hope they trade sammy to someone who appreciates his talent….and i don’t care if we won or loss…huet earned the number one job fair and square and is solely responsible for our decent record in the first half of the season..he’s an allstar for god’s sake and he lets in 4 goals a game for a couple games and he loses his job to a guy who lts in the same amount and they win 4-5 or 5-4…raycroft , luongo kipper and brodeur all had worse stats than huet the first half of the season but their coaches stood by them win or lose…thats how you instill confidence in your goalie..the 2 man system never works and if i was huet i would be disgusted….we’ll never go anywhere until he is firmly established as our number one goalie…carbonneau doesn’t have a clue this year…no consistency at all

45. Xhabsfan:

Tretiak probably made those comments about the fans in Montreal in the 1970s and it was clearly true back then. Montreal fans were clearly the classiest ones in the league, but some of the Habs’ fans today are different than in that era. In fact, if you ask me, they are now a shadow of their former selfs. I call them “Ex-Habs fans” for short. It is easy to be a fan of a team when they are winning, and it is actually spelled “schmuck!”

46. #46 joshtm says:
    February 5, 2007 at 6:03 pm

Well you know it’s all because Rob says because Murray doesn’t get enough ice time, next it’ll be Youpie who doesn’t get enough ice time…Rob you are really out lunch you know that? Tretiak made the same comment about habs fans during Dryden’s retiring of the stinky old number, geezuz Rob what’s wrong with you?

Hey is it the fans who do the trading? No. Blame it on Gauthier and Gainey, they are the ones with the flexibility. You are really out to lunch you know that Rob?

I guess for Rob he is only a fan of the team when they are losing. So hey, Rob’s classic team would be bring back Theo, give him tons of ice time, and hey why not Brisebois while we are at, and trade Koivu, he gets too much ice time and is a fan favourite eh Rob, and Souray, cause hey he gets too much ice time according to Rob, and we’ll stick with Ninny, Downie, any more losers that we can pick for Rob’s classic now win team? You know the one that would rival the Laffs under Eddie Shack and Salming and that afro blonde wonder what’s his name? Oh ya, Rob is a closet Laffs fan of the 70s….heck Rob still probably drives a Gremlin and his other car is a Pacer….hey Rob, did you dada drive a Studdy? LOSER!

We are fans, how dare you crap on us, we believe in this team, it has the basics to get into the playoffs, which is more than you could ever hope for eh?

47. #47 JohnnyD says:
    February 5, 2007 at 6:06 pm

Whats up guys I’m new here. I’m french canadian born in Montreal but now I live in New Jersey. Been a habs fan for all 24 yrs of my life. I’m excited about this year even though we’ve been strugling lately I really think we can pull it together.

48. #48 doggone R habs says:
    February 5, 2007 at 6:47 pm

Rob, or whatever your name is (habhater), who the hell do you think you are? Maybe you should change your name to Carbo, since you think you know more about coaching the habs than he does. When did you ever coach the habs? It’s a real difficult job, and morons like you have no clue what it’s all about.
    As far as Crosby is concerned, Downey said exactly like it is. ” Crosby is an immature kid, who thinks he’s God, and wants everyone to roll over for him. the kid FAKES injuries, and then whines because a penalty isn’t called. As I recall, he pulled this crap all last year, and now he has a reputation for doing this crybaby fake routine. All the players in the league have seen it before. Grow up kid, or someone will knock your head off! And the fans have every right to call him a faker. The fans in Montreal are the most knowledgable fans in hockey, so ROB, stop criticizing us! You’re no better.
    BTW, fans in other cities act the same way, when their team is losing. It’s called passion, and deep loyalty for your team. You want to win so badly, that you take the losses to heart, but ROB, you wouldn’t understand, BECAUSE YOU’RE NOT A REAL HABS FAN! you’re just pretending.
    Guys, let’s trade ROB for a real fan!

49. #49 Gui-Unit says:
    February 5, 2007 at 7:25 pm

lolol Sean Avery got traded to the NewYork Rangers, now the Habs fans can start booing him every time the rangers come visit.

50. #50 joshtm says:
    February 5, 2007 at 8:50 pm

Wonder who’ll get the gold medal in diving this year, will it be Sean Avery or Sid Crosby, which way is it Rob, first you praise Sid the Kid and then you agree with Snake that Sid the Kid is a bia*ch, which one is it eh Rob? Hello, I see Rob is not firing on all cylinders here, two pucks shorta hat trick eh Rob?