Michel F*!%kin Beaudry

1. #1 superfan says:
    February 14, 2008 at 5:42 pm

this jerk better lose his job, but this is quebec where making fun of english players will likely land you a promotion…

2. absolutely disgusting! that racist piece of garbage should be chasticized and never be allowed on any tv station again. It’s not just making fun of an english person. It’s racist, and vulgar. AND WE WONDER WHY PLAYERS DON’T WANT TO PLAY HERE? As a Montrealer, I’m totally embarrassed and revolted bt these remarks.

3. any bets, nothing happens?

4. Agreed HJ. This is DISGUSTING

5. #5 habsofthefuture says:
    February 14, 2008 at 7:57 pm

sorry guys i speak only english, can somebody tell me what that POS said?

6. #6 risingstar says:
    February 14, 2008 at 8:16 pm

I agree. In Quebec, the type of flagrant intolerance and insensitivity displayed by Beaudry will likely turn him into a province wide hero. I’m embarrassed to be a Quebecer. Nothing will happen to this guy. If anything, he’ll likely get more air time and be used by the Parti Quebecois to get more votes. Burns me up. It sickens me to see these people constantly get away with their racism.

7. #7 Softouch says:
    February 14, 2008 at 8:22 pm

Where is the link to the item … I cannot find it

8. Apparently, some people don’t mind going on tv and showing the world how ignorant they are. The station should just announce that they are not going to have him on anymore and let the moron slip back into the outhouse that is his life.

The quicker this passes, the less attention he gets, the less it smells up what is promising to be a great playoff run for our Habs.

9. leafs are now officially in last place.

10. just click play

11. You know Michel Beaudry ,you sound like a fU2king Goof in french and English and that’s not easy to do!

12. #13 ADemers says:
    February 15, 2008 at 1:40 am

OMG I can’t stand that show… I had to promise my wife I would stop watching it… I just ended up yelling at the TV… but that clip is the worst I heard in a while!

13. 110% apologized for the comments… check out the link.

14. Ya, and where is Beaudry? Can’t speak for himself?

15. #16 habs mojo says:
    February 15, 2008 at 2:45 am

That’s the kind of idiot that runs this stupid province..
    Put him on the list.. We;ll get to them one day

16. #17 groundworking says:
    February 15, 2008 at 3:24 am

I can speak French, but the Quebec accent sinks me. Where’s the racist part? Did I miss an expression or a turn of phrase? Or is just the way he said Kostopolous’ name? I couldn’t understand a few turns of phrase.

Anti-minority sentiments are associated with all nationalist movements in the world. Alberta separatists, Quebec separatists, Flemish separatists (Vlaams Bloc), Walloon separatists (National Front), Northern Italian separatists (Lega Nord); Austrian (Freedom Party), French (Front Nationale), German (Republikaner + NPD), British (Brit National Party), Norwegian (Progress Party), Swiss (People’s Party), Danish (Danish Peoples Party), Finnish (True Finns), Australian (One Nation), New Zealand (New Zealand First), Greek (Hellenic Front), Polish (Nazis, basically), Slovakia (Slovak National Party, also Nazis), Russian (Nazis again) blah blah blah. Quebec is not alone in this. Many nationalists in Quebec are quite tolerant, but these movements always attract the crackers too. I mean, even the Americans were praising a guy who ripped down a Mexican flag from a store owner’s window–don’t fly that flag in this country, he said.

These comments stand out as being so repulsive because we are Canadians. And we are lucky to be! In Switzerland, the political party that won the last election ran with an election add that had three white sheep kicking a black sheep off the Swiss flag, with the slogan: “For Greater Security”. They got 35% of the vote! And in another campaign, they had a campaign add posted all over the country that had a bunch of brown hands reaching into a barrell of swiss passports! In Denmark, an important party had a poster with a young man, dark complexion, pointing a gun at you. The slogan read: “The Threat is a Foreign One”.

We don’t know how good we have it here. Good for you HB for posting this! Canada, even in Quebec, is still more tolerant than just about any other country in the world–with perhaps the sole exception of Sweden.

17. #18 habs mojo says:
    February 15, 2008 at 4:08 am

It’s the tone of Kostofuckinopolis .. If your from Montreal you recognize the
    tone right away…. You know the old ethnic vote crap

It’s the Begin’s a forechecker that made me laff..
    .. He’s voting for this guy as Captain

18. Quite honestly, leave these extremists alone. They exist and so let them be. If shows are willing to give these people a voice then expect this sort of information. Mind you of the clip, is this common french because I didn’t get the whole gist and if these remarks disturbed people then turn it off. Then go on another show to voice your opinion. I hardly think that this forum should be the medium.

Now which Habs team is gonna finish the remainder of the season…still no information on a trade.

February 15, 2008 at 9:54 am

Kosto “f@ckin” polous. Are you kidding me? How someone can get away with something like this is unreal. I bet if someone on the show said Latalentless or la”f@ckin”piere all of quebec would be all up in arms.

20. This guy even looks like a tool…..lets get up for Philly guys. Must shit happen every year that affects this team. Souray and Kovy’s spat last year, apparently the Rivet trade sent Koivu into a shell for a while…now this shit.
    The guy’s a jackass…this is a bad time for something to whip through the dressing room again, and hopefully it doesn’t. We’re trying to concentrate and win hockey games here. Let the good people of Quebec handle this idiot and protect our Habs. Winning games is number 1 here….anyone disagree?
    This should not affect our boys play…we’re acually playing for something this year…and playing damn well. Keep the focus on what happens on the ice….GO HABS GO !!!

21. Sam you are not implying that we should have left the German Nazi party alone are you? Listen and listen good,the planet is getting smaller every day through improved transportation methods ,which in turn makes countries more or less neighbourhoods.Now,If you are suggesting that under these circumstances we should let these bully’s of the hook and threaten other people’s children and communities over nonsense, as a Canadian will always disagree!

22. The apology was such a joke. Typical canned response the network forced the moderator to make. Where is Beaudry? Refused to apologize I’m sure.

He knew exactly what he was saying. Listen to the clip again, and to the cackling neandertal laughter from all the others. I think Bergeron nearly crapped in his depends. They were having a great time.

23. does anyone know the email address for this piece of crap? i’d like to give him a piece of my mind. We should boycott in front of that tv station.

24. Just for your information, Michel Beaudry is not rascist. When he says Kosto”fucking”poulo, he just mean that the number 6 is not a important player, by that a mean that he is just a third or fouth liner. If u steel think its racism, wheel ur just stupid paranoiac.

By the way Michel Beaudry is just a stupid ”asbeen” but definitly not racism

If u what to talk about a real racist let talk about Don Cherry who is a heros on the rock. So who are racism Quebec or the Rock think about it.

25. I Don’t think it’s such a big deal. Have you heard Don Cherry?

26. how do you know what he is! Are you him? you can’t get in his head, and if you don’t think he’s a racist, then UOU’RE A RACIST! You disgust me too!

February 15, 2008 at 2:42 pm

It is very direspectful to pronouce anybody’s name in that manner, was it based on race ? I cant say for sure, but it would not suprise me to find out that another french canadian was a rasicst after all, I live in Montreal and my family name is O’Reilly , I have lived with the kind of comments we heard all the time here in Quebec , its part of the bigger problem Quebec has.

28. #29 groundworking says:
    February 15, 2008 at 2:48 pm

Nothing particularly new here, but the speculation seems to be heating up. I wonder what the asking price would be? They want a player who can benefit them right away, plus youth, plus picks. My hunch is that Anaheim is in a better position than Montreal. Anaheim can trade two first round picks for next year, including a likely top 5 pick. I think the price for Montreal would be steep.

The only advantage Montreal might have is the willingness to trade and assume risk. Michael Ryder, a first round pick, and Halak, unconditionally. There’s no question the Thrashers are looking at Ryder. Ryder was put in the game instead of Kostopolous when the Atlanta scout was there, and taken out again for the game that he wasn’t there.

Anaheim probably won’t give up a player who can help right away, plus their top five pick for next year, unless they attach a condition about Hossa signing with the team at year’s end.

I don’t know what I’d do if I were Gaigney. One disadvantage is that it’s all within the same conference. I wouldn’t give up Higgins, Koivu or Latendresse, but we’ll see what happens…

Here’s the post today from the Fourth Period:

“With the trade deadline approaching, Thrashers winger Marian Hossa doesn’t believe he’ll have a new contract before Feb. 26, reports the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

“The reality is that we’re a couple days before the trade deadline,” Hossa told the paper. “What could change, basically? We have so many choices. There are two choices. I’m going to stay here or I won’t. Two choices. It’s pretty simple. We’ll see what’s going to happen in the next few days. The agent is talking with [Thrashers GM] Don [Waddell], but still we couldn’t get the agreement.”

Hossa indicated that it’s “very slim” for him to ink a new deal before the deadline, furthering speculation that the team will trade him in the next few days.

The Montreal Canadiens are among the teams very interested in Hossa. Waddell and his top scouts have been spotted at recent Habs’ games.”

29. #31 groundworking says:
    February 15, 2008 at 2:52 pm

What about Hamrlik? Where’s he been lately? Out with the flu for two weeks? Maybe. But maybe they’re trying to ensure that he stays healthy before the trade deadline?

February 15, 2008 at 3:40 pm

Hamrlik is not gonna be traded we need him here

31. #33 groundworking says:
    February 15, 2008 at 3:42 pm

I agree.

32. Vous êtes tous un bande de stupit paranoiac.

Se blog est une propagante raciste envers le peuple Québécois.

L’hoistoire se répette toujours, l’hypocrisie anglo-saxon me pu au nez. Faite le gros drame avec une rien mais quand c’est votre connard de héro Don Cherry qui agit comme une vrai pute raciste tout est ok pour vous.

Bande de nazi avec les nègre blanc d’amérique que sont les Québécois.

En passant si vous connaissiez votre histoire vous seriez qu’un CANADIEN ne peux pas parler anglais. Le nom Canadien a été attribué à mes ancêtre part les colon Anglais de la nouvelle-angleterre. Donc tout les anglais du mon pays le CANADA ne sont que des demi-britannique.

33. #35 Jaker1 says:
    February 15, 2008 at 4:44 pm

You know what when people try to justify a negative comment by saying Don Cherry says negative things does not make it right. A person making derogatory remarks wheather in French or English is wrong. When Cherry says stupid things he gets more publicity the same thing everyone on this blog is doing for this french what ever he is. I do not speak french but poor remarks in any language is wrong.This is supposed to be a hockey sight and this is my only comment on this . Back to the subject,I hope Gainey does not take a rental in Hossa. If he must go after him,get him under contract or can anyone say Ryan Smyth to New York Islanders for major prospects then say goodbye after one round of playoff hockey. Be smart Bob.

February 15, 2008 at 4:56 pm

I never said Don Cherry was right, and I dont see people around here talking as if Don Cherry was our hero… maybe you just dont like to beleive that alot of french speaking people in the province of Quebec because it is not a country, are zenophobic and racist , we all know that they are .

35. Update from Rotoworld:February 15, Fri
    Alexei Kovalev may miss Saturday’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers.
    Fantasy Impact
    Kovalev didn’t participate in practice because of a sore right ankle. He suffered the injury during Wednesday’s game, but he played through it. Stay tuned.
    CRAP :(

36. Entre toi et moi Don”cherry”Carnage il y a des raciste partout et dans toutes les nations. Cependant comment des anglophone peuvent voir la subtilitée des propos français de Michel”asbeen”Beaudry. Laisse moi te dire que le mot ”fucking” a été utilisé non pas comme marque de racisme mais belle et bien comme interjection. Désolé pour vous mais la langue français est beaucoup plus complete que l’anglais donc comment pourrais-je en vouloir à des ignorants.

Deplus laisse moi te dire que j’ai vécu partout au CANADA et avec preuve à l’appuis il y a beaucoup plus de racisme on the ROCK qu’au Québec.

Dans tes dents ….. !!!!!!!!!!!!

37. #39 KPinWI says:
    February 15, 2008 at 5:59 pm

Well I am a Quebecer born and raised, and I’m also anglophone. I encounter that kind of racist bullsh*t all the time from certain francophones, mostly those of lower class upbringing. I feel like saying to all those nationalist bastards – I belong here just as much as you do, regardless of my grammar or verb conjugation, at least I’ll make an effort!

38. #40 habs mojo says:
    February 15, 2008 at 6:06 pm

I don’t know about that.. I’m a francophone and I like Don Cherry..

I mean someone actually posted.the word. anglo-saxon and a phrase coined by
    Pierre Vallières..

What century you living in dumbass..

39. doesn’t it irk you pleople to have someone come on here, and defend that bastard. If you defend him, then you’re just as bad as him. And you know, french canadians know how to speak english, but they refuse. Man how I hate Quebec and all their bigots, especially when it comes to language.
    Just like what the Fu#@#ken language police did yesterday to McKibbons pub, telling them to take down all their english signs from INSIDE THE BAR. and what’s worse, they told them, that too much english is being spoken inside. Can you believe that? English people get treated like 2nd class citizens, and don’t exist. well the rest of Canada and the world know how utterly stupid and racist french canadians are.

40. hey did you just post HJ?

February 15, 2008 at 6:34 pm

Hey Jo je parle francais , mes enfants parles francais but you know what , no one here cares about Don Cherry … you are just another one of those I mentioned in my post. your zenophobic dude , and I dont need to insult an entire people for the likes og you , you are just a part of the problem a small part, there are many french speaking people that are not like you, thats why you never win anything your the minority :0)

42. #44 habs mojo says:
    February 15, 2008 at 6:40 pm

Dude

It’s some .. not all.. This isn’t a French- English thing..
    And we shouldn’t make it that.. Because it’s stooping to the idiot’s level.

This is an Idiot – non-idiot question.

February 15, 2008 at 9:12 pm

I aggree its only a small part of the french speaking people that are the problem as I stated thats why they never win anything LOLOLOLOL

Ok back to Hockey !!!!!

44. this whole discussion on French vs English, racist or whatever is pointless…who cares, we’re all people some have weird opinions (extremes) and the ones that go against the norm usually are trying to get attention of some sort. I don’t think the general public should give these folks time of day. Let them spew this crap but on someone else’s time, not mine. So I choose to ignore it and move on.

Anyone hear of any trade talks? It’s going to be painful when other teams position them stronger and the Habs still are lacking a 1st line centre or power forward. A blockbuster trade is inevitable but with who….San Jose, Calgary, Tampa Bay….come on, we need to rid ourselves of Ryder, Koivu, Smolinski, Brisebois, Jalak as a package and some draft picks…package it any way to get it done. Huet might have to go to seal the deal. Probably with Tampa Bay. The next 4 or 5 games should be good that’s if the right team shows up. This should give the Habs the cushion they need. That means production from some of the younger members is required…Namely Higgins, Kostitsyn’s, Latendresse and Lapierre (if he’s still up). Come on! work together and finish those darned chances…!!!

February 16, 2008 at 10:39 am

Yeah makes sence we need to get rid off so that means the other teams need to take them because they owe us big time ! If those players need to gotton rid off , wth would any team want to take them?

You would make a great GM ….

46. Hey what do you think of this trade guys? ryder huet and 3rd round draft pick for St.louis or Richards!(and sadly and koivu and if striet were to leave…him as well for maybe Lecavlier)

47. Montreal would never go after Richards 7.8 Million salary. Bob Gainey is too smart for that. Maybe leafs. Fletcher might though.

48. #50 patrick says:
    February 16, 2008 at 12:01 pm

Remember Ryder and Huet are UFA’a this summer, no way Tampa’s parting with anything we want for guys they could lose right away. No more low ball offers, let’s hear something realistic.