No Komisarek

• What implications will missing Mike Komisarek for the remainder of the season and potentially the start of the playoffs have?

1. #2 Joseph says:
    March 22, 2008 at 1:30 pm

Why does this stuff always happen at the worst possible time? I think that Komisarek is key to the Habs’ playoff success, so I hope he’s back in the line-up sooner than later.

That being said, Kovalev is in the line-up, as is Price, and I think that the Habs will win tonight. It shouldn’t matter how desperate Boston is right now – they played themselves into the desperate situation that they’re in. So I say take advantage of them, complete the sweep, and secure the higher seeding. After all, this is the time of year when the true character of a team is tested, and I don’t see a whole lot of it on the Bruins squad. So what do the Habs have to show tonight? We’ll find out.

2. Montreal is doen now. 3 weeks is around when the playoffs start.he’ll only miss game 1 and maybe 2. And I like Komisarek, but we can still beat the Flyers/Bruins without him for a couple of games.

3. #4 h4life says:
    March 22, 2008 at 3:17 pm

I didn’t want to make any joke on Komi who I like so much. But only few NHL players could injur Komi by body check.
    So, from the point that Habs almost clinched to playoff, I wish Guy coach had played a “game” on Komi’s case.

COME KOMI COME!!
    GO HABS GO!!!

4. The Habs are going to have thier asses fed to them tonite,but that’s Ok,cause it will bring the Biron of Beef to our tables,lol This is the Price you pay when you forget about ruff play-off play…Go Habs Go

5. #6 Senet 1 says:
    March 22, 2008 at 3:37 pm

These injuries will show us if our team can dig down deep and play a strong defensive game. Don’t be surprised in Brisebois gets a goal or two. His problem is he does not play with intensity and therefore makes mental errors. Hopefully he will have his A game in place along with a number of other players who will have to step up to the plate. These injuries could be the best thing that could happened to the team as long as they are back for the playoffs.

March 22, 2008 at 3:38 pm

I dont see Boston feeding us anything … we have been very lucky all year with regards to players getting hurt … this is something all teams need to overcome , look at the Leafs without their 2 top centermen … they have played very well , and look at Buffalo they have lost 3 top D and still find ways to win … so we are down a man … ok time for someone to step up and take his spot, and someone will , this team got here because it is a team not a one man team, I predict the sweep a perfect 8-0 … next !

7. I hope I am wrong Don,but I can allways tell when someone thinks someone else is down and out and going to take a big ripping swing at them.Then they will be other teams as well doing the same”Sens “etc. so break out the band aids mon Habitants cause this is going to really suck!

8. #9 Senet 1 says:
    March 22, 2008 at 3:52 pm

Don I agree, if the team does not step up then they are not a true team yet! Injuries are a fact of the game and good teams find a way to overcome them.

9. #10 Senet 1 says:
    March 22, 2008 at 3:57 pm

We have 9 defensemen on our roster, and I believe this is the reason by Gainey did not trade any of them because he knew that we could be vulernable if we had any injuries.

10. #11 Shut UP says:
    March 22, 2008 at 4:08 pm

Better this happen now then midway through the 1st round.

11. #12 Joseph says:
    March 22, 2008 at 4:52 pm

“… I can allways tell when someone thinks someone else is down and out”

Personally, I haven’t been in the Bruins’ locker room, so I don’t know what they’re thinking. Although an educated guess would likely suggest something more along the lines of “Shit, the Habs again”. 10 straight losses to the same team will do that – it gets in your psyche. 1 win in the last 12 trips to the Bell Centre doesn’t help the psyche a lot either.

Here’s to 94 points to top the East.

12. #13 hablifer says:
    March 22, 2008 at 6:17 pm

sometimes when you’re missing a key player, you work that much harder to make up for that player’s absence. Let’s hope that is the case. And since on alot of nights, the habs don’t start strong, not showing up, this might cause them to give a full 60 minute effort. You might call it a dose of reality!
    they have no other choice but to play harder, especially for Komisarek.

13. #14 Habman says:
    March 22, 2008 at 8:10 pm

yeah its me Habman…I like to be right about things when we are winning..but every time ..time and time again..I said HEALTH ..the TEAM with the best HEALTH go farthest in the PLAYOFFS…nobody says nothing…nobody want to talk to “Habman”…he thinks he knows everything…On the contrary..I try to make common sense!…..go on with your “after thoughts” say your THING…seeya

PEACE
    All the best to KOMI…hope we bring some BIRON OF BEEF.another prediction from “Habman may come true!

14. Hows it going Habman?

15. BEGIN BEGIN BEGIN ….

16. #18 Habman says:
    March 22, 2008 at 8:44 pm

Its going all right, I hope everyone on here is doing fine..im here to get along…dont attack me for my opinion…we all have them
    Some of you guys should spend some time on the CBC blogs and debate with some of the current issues too..then you understand what free speech is about..check it out sometime f you have time..
    My motto fot his years Habs fot the playoffs..you “hit” you “fight” you “WIN”

17. #19 Habman says:
    March 22, 2008 at 8:53 pm

Some one has to step up the physical lay..cant expect special”K” brothers to get hammered around all the time..and Kovalev…Carbo is just hoping he doesn’t get into it(hurt)..hes the biggest guy left as forwards are concerned.we lose him..were done..so, do you guys think Gainey should phone Hamilton and bring up the BEEF
    I think Gorges is coming along fine..and Markov is doing good too…

18. #20 Habman says:
    March 22, 2008 at 8:54 pm

I like “hablifiers ‘ comments..they are true, either you step it up and fill the gaps or you “pop” like balloon

19. #21 Habman says:
    March 22, 2008 at 8:57 pm

senet1 quote:

Yes, another true statement…penguins for example…

20. iT’S GOING TO BE A GOOD 3RD…Poor Leaf fans,lol

21. #23 Habman says:
    March 22, 2008 at 9:00 pm

quote:Xtrahabsfan
    Ok,cause it will bring the Biron of Beef to our tables,lol This is the Price you pay when you forget about ruff… Xtrahabsfan..”the BIRON OF BEEF”..i still laugh about it!

22. #24 Habman says:
    March 22, 2008 at 9:00 pm

ill see ya after we WIN!

23. #25 hablifer says:
    March 22, 2008 at 9:02 pm

what’s it going to take for the habs to play for 60 minutes?
    again, stopped skating in the 2nd period, and let Boston back in the game!

24. #26 Habman says:
    March 22, 2008 at 9:13 pm

Whats up with the “no calls” it’s the “Kerry Fraser show!”

25. Price,Saku,Ryder and Begin were the difference today,nice 2 pts.

26. #28 Senet 1 says:
    March 22, 2008 at 9:59 pm

Well I would say they most of the players step up and played a good game, Price was very good when he needed to be, great in the SO.

27. #29 Senet 1 says:
    March 22, 2008 at 10:03 pm

I was impressed with Ryder, he is hitting, skating and he is shooting the puck more. I felt we should have traded him all year but the last 10-15 games he is starting to find his game. Hopefully he wants to stay in Montreal, I think we should sign him and see if he brings the same game to the table next year. One thing he is doing is playing a better defensive game as well which is important especially if he is not going to score 30 goals any more, I think is could congtribute at least 20 a year in his present role.

Begin played a good game as well hitting and causing trouble ou there whenever he was on the ice.

Good game boys.

28. #30 Habman says:
    March 22, 2008 at 10:08 pm

I was hoping Gorges would have got his first, real good move by Carbo to let him play in that overtime…and when he does get his first, well you guys that played know what its all about…

29. #31 Habman says:
    March 22, 2008 at 10:11 pm

O’byrne 6 ft 6 and 230..he better start getting his hands a bit bloody…or ill be pissed!

30. #32 Senet 1 says:
    March 22, 2008 at 10:12 pm

Hey Hablifer, well be finally came out in the first period with a strong effort right off the bat, unfortunately we had a little let down in the second but we played a strong third period and the last 10 min we should have scored 3-4 goals. Last week I said the 94 points should be enough to secure a playoff spot. Well were there and thanks to our beloved leafs, they put it to the senators tonight which gives us some breathing room at the top of our division.

31. #33 Habman says:
    March 22, 2008 at 10:12 pm

Ryder is 28 years old, plenty and i mean plenty of hockey left in this guy…you hit, you fight, you win!

32. #34 Habman says:
    March 22, 2008 at 10:14 pm

And as a token of my appreciation to the “leafs”…..I will not rake my lawn this spring!, until we win the STANLEY CUP!

33. #35 Senet 1 says:
    March 22, 2008 at 10:24 pm

Hey Habman, I would like to add one thing to your hit, fight and win, if you do not skate then you cannot accomplish the hitting and winning. As I said last week you outskate the other team and your hit hard an fight when it is important to do so in order to protect yourself and your teammates then more than often you will win the game as well.

Your comments about the Health of the team are right on, sorry if I ignored any or your statements, a healthy team usually is a winning team. We have been luck so far this year here’s hoping that these two injuries are the only ones we have to deal with.

34. #36 Senet 1 says:
    March 22, 2008 at 10:27 pm

Habman, I would suggest you send them a couple dozen used golf balls as well.

35. #37 Senet 1 says:
    March 22, 2008 at 10:29 pm

What’up with O’byrne, I do not remember him throwing one hit all night. Why is it that these big guys do not want to use all their assets.

36. Georges didn’t get a point but I would give him 1st Star!!! He was amazing!!!

37. #39 Senet 1 says:
    March 22, 2008 at 10:54 pm

Well I was wrong about Brisebois, he did not play tonight thank God. Anyway, Gorge and Obyrne played reasonably well for two rookies, I am not so sure that we need Baron the beef, although I would like to see him brought up for added muscle at the end of the season to see how he handles the pace and whether the can make any smart moves on the blue line. It was clear tonight that Boston cannot push us around and Phily cannot skate with use, that only leave Jersey with the ability to place a physical game against us in our conference. When we move to the other conference that could be a different story and I am not so sure Bettman and the boys want us to wind the cup against a southern team like San Jose or Anaheim. Heres hoping Detroit or Calgary or Vancouver make it to the finals.

38. #40 Senet 1 says:
    March 22, 2008 at 10:56 pm

I agree Gorge played a good game and got plenty of icetime. I thought Carbo showed a lot of confidence in him.

39. #41 Habz-4-U says:
    March 23, 2008 at 2:07 am

Hey folks – relish this moment in time – realize what Bob G. has done for you. After all the whining the past 2 summers & trade deadlines & @ draft time – the net result is OUTSTANDING. We ARE the BEST in the EAST, period. We are #1 right now. Yes, NOW. Stop and think. Forget about next week and the playoffs, etc, etc, etc. RIGHT NOW we are #1 in the EAST. Can’t get any higher, period. We are a class act. We have almost (if not) the top scoring team in the LEAGUE. We have arguably, the BEST YOUNG GOALIE in the league. We have the best GM in the league. Wow….what a time to be a hab fan. It is EASTER – a great time to give thanks to the Lord of the Habs. We deserve it and for goodness sakes – if you are even thinking about whining – DONT!! The future will take care of itself. Sit back and have a cold one and look at the standings again, again and again. Sure beats being 12th or 14th as was predicted by boneheads in September. Ahhhhhhhhh, the view from the top looks and smells good, my friends. Feel sorry for the Leafs, but not very much. Happy Easter all. Have an Easter Cream Egg on me.

40. #42 Dancan81 says:
    March 23, 2008 at 5:00 am

Biron would be another wimpy fat frenchmen like Latalentless, we dont need any more of that. begin and Lapierre on the other hand deserve props for their game tonight.

41. #43 LeBeau says:
    March 23, 2008 at 3:29 pm

Did you see the shiner on Kostopoulos? Holy cow! I’m surprised he can still see.

42. #44 Joseph says:
    March 23, 2008 at 7:04 pm

Amen to Habz-4-U. This is quite a nice change from scrambling for seventh or eighth spot. Further, it shows that this organization is committed to winning, unlike another organization out there which seems more concerned with selling delusional goggles to its fanbase. Seriously, it’s so much nicer to be waiting and hoping to see if this is the season that your team will win it all rather than waiting and hoping to see if your team will merely beat one of its archrivals in yet another one of its fruitless, late season surges.

Now, it’s time to break the curse that Ottawa seems to have on the Habs. They are not a confident hockey club as of late, and there’s no time better than tomorrow night to put them in the rearview mirror for good.

43. If we win tomorrow we pretty much clinch 1st place.

44. #46 Senet 1 says:
    March 23, 2008 at 9:18 pm

Well I for one have been waiting for someone to say what Habz-4-U just said above, should have said it myself, but recently I was accused of being a newby so I didn’t say it. I am glad to see that Joseph also agrees. So thanks guys for saying that should have been said long ago.

45. #47 Senet 1 says:
    March 23, 2008 at 9:26 pm

Dancen81, I would not be so hard on these guys for one Ladendresse i believe is only 19-20 and in my opinion was brought up a year too soon, however, I am not a second guesser so I am sure the coaching staff had their reasons for bringing him up when they did. Give him time to mature, he reminds me of a Young Gainey more scoring skill but not as much defensive ability but he does hit and will hit more as he matures. On the other hand Biron, has had a number of chances to stay in the NHL and their must be a reason with his size that he is in Hamilton rather than in Montreal. I have noticed in the past he had a poor Plus Minus but in Hamilton his plus minus is better and hopefully he is working on the defensive part of his game, if he does he we may see him in Montreal if not this year but next year. I don’t think it is appropriate to call him a wimpy fat frenchman.

46. #48 Senet 1 says:
    March 23, 2008 at 9:34 pm

Now for Ottawa, I believe that you will see a new game plan against Ottawa tomorrow night. We may or may not win the game but the coaches will be trying to find an answer to deal with their style of play which we seem to have trouble with, think about it, we have trouble with skating teams that also have quite a few scoring stars on their team. Ottawa, Washington, Pittsburg yet these same teams have trouble against teams that we seem to dominate. The simple fact is we are a skating team as well, and I think because of that we tend to play a wide open game against these teams, I think we have to come up with a more complete forechecking plan that incorporates more defense into our game plan. We may have to win this game using our power play rather than our five on five scoring.

47. #49 hablifer says:
    March 23, 2008 at 9:50 pm

we need to play a more neutral zone trap game, plain and simple. But if we could find a way to shut down their top line, we’ll win.

48. #50 Senet 1 says:
    March 23, 2008 at 10:27 pm

The trap may work, but Ottawa has been used to breaking the trap and most teams can devise ways to deal with the trap, to make it work we have to use our speed and our forechecking ability. I believe the key is our speed because Ottawa has speed too and we need to force them to give away the puck by forcing it to the outside in the neutral zone.
    I believe that is the reason we have been successful against Jersey who are the best trapping team in the league. Our speed does not allow them to set up the trap. With Ottawa speed on the forecheck will hopefully force them to cough up the puck. Shutting down the first line is key but many times the move Alfredson to their second line and so we have to be prepared for two scoring lines.