Playoff Scenarios

• With only two games remaining you’d like to be able to say the Canadiens have or can clinch a spot with a win tonight. Not necessarily the case.

If the Canadiens manage to extend their lead over the Leafs to two or more points, they will be eliminated. Simply because even with a win on Saturday and a situation where both teams are tied, the Canadiens will advance on more wins.

For that to be the case, the Islanders would have to win tonight. That would give the Islanders two points with 2 more games remaining. One against the cellar dwelling Flyers. Still within reach.

You could break your head in half calculating all the potential situations and outcomes. The one thing everyone knows is, if the Habs win their last two games – they are in.

Hopefully that’s all they are focused on.

1. #1 smiler2729 says:
    April 6, 2007 at 9:09 am

The Habs lacked desire last night in New York. Now I could get mad and spew venom bitterly like a lot of you but what’s the point? Are any of you bitter whiners NOT going to watch Saturday? No, you’ll all be glued to the game, cheering on the Habs so all that bitching’s for nothing really.

The Habs had a flat game, it happens, I mean they’ve been in despereate must-win playoff mode now for 3 weeks, one could’ve only wished they’d have reached in deeper to that desire tank for the clinching win against the Rangers but alas, woe is us.

So it comes down to the Leafs. On a Saturday night. Broadcast live coast to coast on CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada. For all the marbles (okay, it’s not Game 7 for the Cup, but pretty close). There hasn’t been a Toronto-Montreal game this important since 1967 and we all know what happened that spring, don’t we? Those fucking Leafs denied Montreal a Stanley Cup parade when we most wanted it… to add to that summer of love’s Expo ’67 world display. It’s payback time, 40 years later. It coulda been sooner but the Leafs decided to really stink for about 35 out of the last 40 NHL seasons and even spent time in the Western Conference to get away from us. But now we’ve got ya, yeah, right where we want ya. On National TV on a network so biased towards the Leafs it is sickening, this is the Habs’ time to stick it in their blue and white asses once and for all (although last season’s crucial two game back-to-back shellacking of the Leafs by the Habs in late March put an end to Toronto’s playoff hopes, it wasn’t nearly as intense as Saturday night’s tilt will be).

WILL THE REAL CANADIENS SHOW UP? I sure hope so cuz I gotta live in Leafland with Leaf morons every day and believe me, beating Montreal is their “Stanley Cup” and they won’t shut up about it for months, years if we don’t beat them. So for the love of everything sacred in hocley lore BEAT THE LEAFS!

2. Every time this team plays this year wearing th CH,it is the real Habs!And as for all the games they have been trying at the end,they had two games left….2 GAMES!…And no effort ???????????????????????????????????? W.T.F.?????? The REAL CANADIENS need a BIG TIME MAKEOVER in the O F F S E A S O N ! This team is way to soft,and the clutch is big time broken. We need players like:SMYTH, NEIL and Avery !!!!!!!!

3. #3 smiler2729 says:
    April 6, 2007 at 11:45 am

Agreed and I think a makeover or a ‘core change’ as some are calling it is coming. Gainey knows it too well. We all know it! That’s why the Entry Draft (June 28) and UFA Season (July 1) are key dates to watch… until then we have this little playoff race thing against Toronto to see who gets to play in 4 straight losses to the Buffalo Sabres (who won’t be going with Conklin this time).

Beating the Leafs is more about shutting up Leaf fan morons than it is making the Playoffs cuz we’re going nowhere if we get there realistically.

4. #4 R habs 4 real says:
    April 6, 2007 at 12:21 pm

“I don’t think we played bad, but I wish we had played the first 30 minutes with more desperation, with more passion,” Carbonneau said. “We sat there and watched them.”

These are the words spoken by CARBO, following the game.
    I don’t think we played bad???????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Is Carbo kidding???????? THEY WERE HORRIBLE! Maybe that’s the problem!
    Carbo is afraid to call a spade a spade! Why doesn’t he whip their asses, and give them a strong tongue lashing? That’s what they need. Not only are the players too soft, but so is their coach!
    I think if we had a tougher coach, like a Mike Keane, or Hitchcock, or Torturella, the habs would NOT BE SOFT, and certainly not be in the position they’re in.
    And don’t count on the habs winning on Saturday. It’s not happening!
    The leafs are 8-0 in their last 8 games, and score plenty there.
    the habs haven’t won a game there since the fall, and it was only a shootout win. The habs don’t have the desperation, toughness,desire, or passion to win the big game. I guess nobody understands how a team can come out so flat in the biggest game of the season. I certainly don’t, as you can tell by all my ranting. In all the years watching the habs,I’ve never experienced a team with so little desire to win. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. After that game, I have lost total respect and admiration for this team.
    I no longer care who wins on Saturday, because both teams are losers. But I do hope the ISLES get in, because they deserve it more. Despite their goalie problems, they continued to work hard. WORKING HARD, is a term the habs aren’t used to. Gainey will have to do something about that in the offseason. But I do know that major changes are in the works. I wish I could say I enjoyed the season, but I would be lying. It was a tale of 2 parts. October until mid December was great,and mid December until mid March was horrific!
    Ok, it’s over, and time to move on. But wouldn’t someone like Cris Neil or Avery put some toughness back into the habs? I guess Gainey missed the boat, AGAIN, in not getting Avery when he had the chance. I would take a chance on ROBERTS, tho, no matter his age. I hope Gainey doesn’t bring back Kovalev(Mr. no show) or Dandenault. There will be some surprises tho.

5. #5 stevejur says:
    April 6, 2007 at 12:26 pm

What the hell is a matter with you guys?
    It’s been the same story all year, nothings changed.
    This team never shows up, so what’s new? They have a chance to make the playoffs and they blow it.
    They’ve been blowing it all year, they suck!
    I hope to God they get pumped on Saturday night, I can’t wait for this nightmare to end.
    This will force change on this pathetic excuss for a hockey team.
    A fall from grace from 4th in the East to 8th, they deserve what they get.
    I’ll be cheering for the Leafs and cheering for change.
    I’ve wasted too much money on these *******!

As for Carbo coaching the Canadiens without any NHL experience is a joke.
    It just goes to show you how junior of a hockey team this really is.

6. #6 R habs 4 real says:
    April 6, 2007 at 12:28 pm

I got this info from Spector’s hockey net:
    SPECTOR’S MAILBAG.

“Daniel” recently sent in the following on the Canadiens: “This is probably not possible to check if it’s true or not but former referee Ron Fournier said yesterday on popular radio show “Les amateurs de sports” that Gainey’s plan is to have Huet as a starter next season and have Halak or young Carey Price as a backup. On defence, the 7 starter planned are Dandenault, Markov, Streit, Komisarek, Gorges with young Jean-Philippe Côté and Ryan O’Byrne leading to the speculation that Souray and Niinimaa won’t be signed and Bouillon will be traded somewhere this summer. He also said that Gainey want to pursue big UFA name such as Bill Guerin, Daniel Brière and Chris Phillips. Fournier said that there’s some big surprise for the forwards and don’t want to reveal them until the Habs season end. He also said that he has a source from the Habs management but don’t want to say who it is. This have been heard on CKAC 730AM around 5PM tuesday.”

7. #7 Iceberg14 says:
    April 6, 2007 at 12:38 pm

hard to imagine that a skilled player like samsonov doesn’t play when we have an entire cast of jokers that are equally as shitty as him this year…he said some awful things? maybe…but with his talent and the way he was benched and made the scapegoat since day #1..i would be pisse too..kovalev didn’t see his ice time touched when he slumped all year, same with koivu higgins ryder latendresse….huet sat a ton of games in favourt of abby..what the fuck kind of double standard is that…are we trying to lose on purpose? huet must start the last game and sammy should be in line-up…don’t worry sammy haters and carbo lovers..i asssure you he won’t be

8. #8 R habs 4 real says:
    April 6, 2007 at 12:51 pm

Here’s another quote from CARBO(the hab’s softest coach):
    You would think with a game with that much on the line that we would come out with more passion and energy,” Canadiens coach Guy Carbonneau said. “I don’t know why, but we sat there and watched them for 30 minutes

9. #9 Habs#1 says:
    April 6, 2007 at 1:32 pm

Anyone who wanted Datsyuk as a UFA(I sure as hell didn’t, just one more overpaid Russian) can kiss him goodbye. He just signed a 7 year deal worth between 6-7 million with the Red Wings.

10. #10 BarrieHabFan says:
    April 6, 2007 at 1:57 pm

Enough. I can read most posts whining and complaining about the habs and how crappy they are and how they have no heart and the coach is crap, the GM is crap and they can’t win on the road, never show up for first periods and on and on and on. But when I see a post suggesting that Samsonov should be playing beacuase other players are crap I have to vent. So here it is.
    Where the hell were the habs before Samsonov was finally benched for good? Tell me that Icy! What has their record been since he was taken out of the lineup?? Do you perhaps see a correlation there? Samsonov may be a very skilled player (although I don’t think we ever saw it this year) but he really is an a**hole and obviously caused problems with the team.
    Now as for the coaching. I’m fed the hell up with people bitching about the coaching. Montreal has had some very good coaches in the last few years who have been fired because of unrealistic expectations. This team is around where they should be in the standings based on the players they have. This in not a coaching problem.
    And guess what. Teams do lose. Montreal has been great lately, but they have to lose some games. They have been competing so hard lately they were due to not show up for one of their games. So it happened last night. Better than happening to the leafs.
    I don’t about the rest of you, but I’m proud of how my habs have played in the final stretch in trying to get to the playoffs. So they may have blown their chances earlier in the year. Right now I’m proud. They’ve played hard. They’ve won a lot more than they’ve lost. And they have shown a lot of heart and desire.
    And this Saturday I’m gong to be cheering for my team to kick some T.O. a**. I’ll leave the complaining till after the season is over. And if that comes right after the Toronto game, oh well. At least I was loyal to my team instead of whining and complaining when it really doesn’t make a damned difference or help the team, and certainly doesn’t change the outcome.
    GO HABS!!

11. #11 R habs 4 real says:
    April 6, 2007 at 2:07 pm

I guess beating Boston 3 TIMES, and Washington, takes alot of effort!
    So, when was the last time the habs beat a contending team on the road?
    And when was the last time, in the most important game of the season, does a team not show up? It’s about being prepared and wanting it bad enough, which this team doesn’t! Did you see that mess last night? There are no excuses for that listless effort. It’s not the same as losing in January.
    They absolutely needed to win, and there wasn’t 1 player who skated or cared!
    Anyways, as far as I’m concerned it’s over for them. I’ve had enough of their shenanigans. I have no respect for this group of misfits. I hope Gainey replaces the players who don’t want to put out the effort.

12. #12 BarrieHabFan says:
    April 6, 2007 at 2:12 pm

GO HABS!!

13. #13 Dan Im Fed UP says:
    April 6, 2007 at 2:46 pm

You’d think the Habs would be motivated to play. The fact that they don’t want to win makes me think why I should give a shit? Toronto is gonna win for the sole fact that they are playing at home. Higgins, Ryder are shit, no finish, no grit. You’d think they were one of our European players. We’re fucked.

April 6, 2007 at 3:01 pm

I love reading the comments from the so called FANS …

Its all or nothing one game and I cant think of a more exciting way to see the season end!!!!

GO HABS GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. #15 DIE_HARD_HABS_FAN says:
    April 6, 2007 at 3:11 pm

I just had to come back here a see what comments were made about the lastest Montreal loss. Typical Montreal Canadiens. No effort in the 1st period, shitty defence etc, etc, etc. DON’T DARE BLAME THIS LOST ON HALAK. That young man stood on his head for that team and brought them to where they are now. How many games(and there were a few)did the Great Huet let in very soft goals and Carbo played him again the next game. Just before Huet got hurt he would not stop a bag of grass sure everyone forgets that right and now everyone wants him in net now. Like he will save the day. PLEASE PEOPLE !!! I agree 100% with CANADIENS-DAWG’S comments about last night. Halak should tell the Montreal Management to go to hell. I’m sure that there are a few teams that would sign Halak to a contract. I again, agree with CANADIENS-DAWG, for what Carbo done last night and for playing Huet tomorrow night, I HOPE THE LEAFS WHIP THE HAB’S ASSES BIG TIME and will show Carbo that again he made another big mistake. Montreal had a chance to kill 2 birds with one stone. Toronto & the NYI’s should have been knocked out last night. Last night was the biggest game of the year for Montreal not Saturday. If Montreal gets one point they take out the Leafs sure, but the NYI’s are still in it.

One more note. It was like Carbo was hoping for an excuse to put Huet in last night. Montreal was down by 2 goals against NYR’s before and came back to win that game. Think about it boys & girls.

Carbo is pathetic. He could not train a dog to sit not alone coach a hockey team.

16. #16 Rob says:
    April 6, 2007 at 3:54 pm

Boy oh boy:

Some of you are whacked! Really whacked.

I can’t think of a better way to end the regular season than to take the Leafs out of the playoffs. This is the kind of showdown that I have been waiting for years to see. Despite all your gloom and doom, the Leafs are not that good on their home ice. This is essentially a playoff off game, and remember there is often home ice disadvantage in the playoffs.

I am sure that most of you will keep posting your usual garbage, but try to show a little dignity, please.

17. #17 Drive_4_25 says:
    April 6, 2007 at 4:21 pm

All I can say is…

Evrybody get together…and GO HABS GO!!!

I think I just might have a break-down before this one ends!!!

18. #18 Drive_4_25 says:
    April 6, 2007 at 4:24 pm

Oh Yeah!

One more thing…

Anybody and I mean ANYBODY!!! that does not show up for tomorrow night’s game should never wear a habs jersey again…they simply don’t get it, AND NEVER WILL!!

GO HABS GO!

19. #19 DIE_HARD_HABS_FAN says:
    April 6, 2007 at 5:07 pm

Oh Yeah!

One more thing…

Huet is pathetic (he is another Theodore) and will not get the job done in TO. I can’t wait for when the leafs get a couple of soft goals on Huet (and they will). Will The Great Carboudini pull The Great Huetoudini?

You may call me Bitter. Your Damn right I am.

20. #20 stevejur says:
    April 6, 2007 at 6:52 pm

CBC + Nationwide + Away + Maple Laffs = BLOWOUT

You heard it here first folks, do the math. We’ve seen it all year and here it comes again.
    This should no longer be a suprise this team is in for a pumping a la Senators style.

21. #21 R habs 4 real says:
    April 6, 2007 at 7:07 pm

Yes, I agree. I would be shocked if the habs win. On the local sports, they say maybe the habs lost to NY because they were looking ahead to the game vs the leafs. That’s BS! I’m not buying that idea. why would a team want to make it more difficult for themselves. We all know they never play well on the road. So why should this game be any different? The only way we win, is if Raycroft looks as bad as Halak did last night, and of course, habs do 1 thing they’re not accustomed to doing- SHOWING UP!

22. OK ,it’s one thing to be upset at the no show Habs,but cheering for the fu@kin MAPLEfAGS, please spare me,lol…..You people scare me,holy shit!!!I have another replacement suggestion ,Get rid of that FU@KING YOUPEE !That over size ,stuffed,gawd awful ,fluff ball is a BAD OMEN !!!! Use it for target practice!!! ! Youpee sure saved the EXPO’S,eh??????? If this team NO SHOWS AGAIN TOMORROW ,I hope you FANS REALLY LOOSE IT,DO IT FOR CHANGE AND DO IT ALL FU@KEN SUMMER TILL SOMEONE DOSE SOMETHING B I G ! GO HAB FANS!!!

23. #23 DIE_HARD_HABS_FAN says:
    April 6, 2007 at 8:59 pm

R habs 4 real: You said,

“The only way we win, is if Raycroft looks as bad as Halak did last night”.

Tell me. How many times have you seen The Great Huet play awful games and let goals go in that a peewee would stop? Hey, how many? I hope that Huet gets replaced before the 1st period ends and Halak comes in a saves the season like he has done so far. Huet sucks like Thedore.

24. #24 habs phan says:
    April 6, 2007 at 9:25 pm

WOW!!!! sounds like everybody is getting warmed up for the game tomorrow. too bad none of us are playing eh!!! i think the habs are gonna show up tomorrow, they know that they are a better team. and their piss poor road performance has to end sometime soon. i have a feeling that’s gonna be tomorrow. putting Huet in scares me, but on the other hand. If he is as hungry as he should be, then he may perform amazing. if the defense offer him a ton of support and don’t hang him out to dry like they have in the past. i have a good feeling about tomorrow. sure it sucks not being at home and yeah we have a goaltender decision to make. it’s all gonna come down to “who want’s it more” let’s just hope it ends up being us. if everyone plays like Chris Higgins has in the past month then we may spank the leafs 10-0. boy, wouldn’t that be nice. GO HABS GO!!!!

25. #25 stevejur says:
    April 6, 2007 at 9:48 pm

Your dreaming.
    The only spanking going on tomorrow is the Habs getting spanked nationwide.

26. #26 R habs 4 real says:
    April 6, 2007 at 10:16 pm

Halak saving us? what have you been smoking? Obviously you didn’t watch the game last night. Every goal Halak allowed, WAS SOFT! He’s nervous, and HASEN’T WON A GAME ON THE ROAD! HE’S 0-7 ON THE ROAD! Yeah, he’s great on the road!
    on the other hand, Huet was the one who got us into the playoffs last year, and nearly got us to the 2nd round. This year, until Huet was exhausted from playing so many games, he was ok. We brought him here to be a backup, not a starter. But you don’t put an inexperienced 21 year old, in such a pressure game. He couldn’t handle thge pressure last night. And had he been able to, he would be starting tomorrow. And what’s so great about his play? He was simply ok, but not brilliant. He’s not good on long shots, and also lets in some soft goals. Hey, I didn’t say Huet was perfect, but he does have experience in these type of situations. Oh, BTW I have seen every single game Halak has played, and he’s average, nothing spectacular, and his GAA isn’t great.
    Guess who was in the allstar game? Huet, not Halak. Give the kid time to adjust to the NHL, he was just a fill in, and we were desperate. He’s not quite ready yet.

27. #27 habsfan_for_life1212 says:
    April 6, 2007 at 10:18 pm

i see you are all die hard fans. So typical of us montreal fans, we are probably the most negative fans in the league. Numbers dont mean anything in this game. I dont care how they did on the road this season, all that matters is how we do tomorrow. Kovalev will show up tomorrow, guaranteed. Nobody will take a shift off and raycroft will crack under the pressure. Go Habs Go
    (I’ve got a theory,R habs 4 real is Joshtm)it’s not typical of him not to post after a hab loss!!

28. #28 R habs 4 real says:
    April 6, 2007 at 10:27 pm

I’m not Joshtm. I can’t even decipher anything he says, and I normally skip over his comments because it’s always the same thing about Gainey and broken down players, or nonsense like that! I am a true blue habs fan, and that’s why I can’t tolerate these no show games. They upset the hell out of me. I just want a good effort from them!

29. #29 DIE_HARD_HABS_FAN says:
    April 7, 2007 at 12:02 am

R habs 4 real. How can you say that Halak is too young to take the pressure.

Dryden was young & inexperienced look what he did. Roy was young & inexperienced look what he did. Yes, I know that Halak is not Dryden or Roy.

You said that “Huet was exhausted from playing so many games” That wasn’t even half the season.

If Huet had played last night and the same thing happened to him. You would want Halak in net. You don’t have a F_cking clue do you R habs 4 real.

You go with the Goalie who brought you here.

You are so F_cking Stupid it is makes no sense replying to your idiotic comments.

I can’t believe you people want to throw Halak to the trash. And you know Damn well that Halak got us where we are today.

Huet would not have got us here, You know that. How could Huet get us in the playoffs if could not handle the first half of the season with out being exhausted. DAH. He only maybe is a 30 game Goalie and that’s it. You cant make the playoffs if your STAR Goalie can only play 30 games before he gets exhausted. DAH. Roy and Dryden could play far more than 30 games in the regular season and then play 16 games more in the playoffs.

How many games did Huet play in the regular season last year? Not to F_ckin many and Huet choked in the playoffs letting soft goals going in the net. Yes R habs 4 real Huet lets a soft goal or two in every game that he plays. Are you going to argue that as well.

HOW IN THE BLUE HELL CAN ANYONE IN HERE ARGUE THE COMMENTS THAT I SAID IN THIS REPLY. I AMM 100% CORRECT.

30. #30 DIE_HARD_HABS_FAN says:
    April 7, 2007 at 12:10 am

CANADIENS-DAWG was the only one who told it like it was and actually made sense.

31. #31 R habs 4 real says:
    April 7, 2007 at 12:29 am

I don’t argue with know it alls, especially those who are as egotistical and irrational as you. So think what you want, as long as you don’t bash me for stating my opinion!

32. #32 DIE_HARD_HABS_FAN says:
    April 7, 2007 at 1:03 am

That’s fine. I don’t want to argue either. What I said was the truth and you can’t handle the truth and you can’t argue what is the truth.

We will see what your super hero Huet will do Saturday night.

33. #33 stevejur says:
    April 7, 2007 at 1:26 am

Calm down guys it really won’t matter who’s in net, both would get shelled.
    It might be better that it’s Huet so young Halak’s confidence is not crushed.
    Huet makes the money so it’s time to make him earn his pay cheque.

Prediction for tomorrow night’s game: Leafs 6 – Habs 2
    ….and if the Habs win I’ll be more than willing to eat my words, but it won’t happen.
    Not from these worthless, heartless, no show ego bastards!

34. #34 Asscrack says:
    April 7, 2007 at 2:01 am

If everyone plays like Higgins has been playing for the past month (like #74 says), then we will loose 10-0 instead of the score of 6-2 which I think is a correct prediction.

35. #35 HIggy21 says:
    April 7, 2007 at 2:02 am

Anyone at all worried about the officiating tomorrow. WE always get the short end of the calls when we play in TO. GUaranteed we are sittin gin the box less then 3 minutes in. HEy, maybe even a 5 on 3 for TO in the first. I wouldnt be surprised.

36. #36 HIggy21 says:
    April 7, 2007 at 2:03 am

IF the Habs win tomorrow then they are heroes in my book.

If the Habs lose then they are bums.

Its as simple as that!

37. #37 smiler2729 says:
    April 7, 2007 at 6:48 am

Who’s Sergei Samsonov? And why is his name even being mentioned now??

38. #38 nigelski says:
    April 7, 2007 at 7:09 am

Nice post Rob (66). I find myself amazed at some of the comments herein. Actually hoping the habs will lose to the leafs? Hoping the habs miss the playoffs? Shame on you, shame.

To frustrated habs fans: I’m frustrated too. I’ll NEVER be so frustrated that I’ll cheer for the leafs, or any other team, to beat the habs.

The problem with this teams’ starts should be attributed where it belongs–the coaching staff. It is this defensive style that hampers their ability to get off to a good start. I don’t believe it to be a motivation thing. They sit back, letting the other team dictate the play/tire themselves out, and then attack in waves. It’s a style that has won us a few games this season; Ali called it the rope-a-dope(or someone else did on his behalf, I dunno…).

I get just as angry at some of our players who take it even farther than that. They know who they are(=recieved my hate mail/death threats–lol)and we need them to come out and play tonight. Kovalev, if this TRULY is the time that you live for, get a hat trick tonight. I won’t lie to you Kovalev, by telling you that all will be forgiven afterwards, but maybe I should.

I’m not sure the wisdom of starting Huet tonight. He hasn’t played a full game in over a month. Still, he only has to out-duel Raycroft. Out-duelling Raycroft is like Kramer when he took Karate classes with the 10 year olds. He’s the worst starter to have played so many games. He can be gotten to.

So chin up. We need everyone on board.

39. #39 nigelski says:
    April 7, 2007 at 7:12 am

Smiler: I don’t know. Some tard said we should use him for the playoff run over the last few days. You excise a cancer–you don’t nuture it. ’nuff said!

40. #40 smiler2729 says:
    April 7, 2007 at 8:12 am

Why are there so many naysayers here? Are we not Hab fans??? What the fuck, I mean really, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU GUYS ON?
    Look, I hate the Leafs and I love the Habs, it’s a Canadian tradition to be for one or the other so why as a Hab fan would I want a Leaf win???? So we get a better draft position??? Who cares??? You draft 13th or 14th, what’s the diff?? Are you people that fucking clueless???? It’s hockey, it’s fun, it’s a big Habs-Leafs game for a change, it’s a rivalry!!! So why whine about the Habs losing when the game’s not on til 7pm tonight!!!!! For fuck’s sakes, yeah, realistically, the Canadiens have had a mediocre season and that’s because they are a mediocre team who can be very good some nights and very bad on others, so what??? Cheer for your team you yellow bellied fairweather bandwagon-jumpers, I mean HOLY SHIT!!!!! You make me sick with your constant complaining about the GM, the coach, the players, THIS IS YOUR TEAM IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT, FUCK OFF AND CHEER FOR TORONTO OR NASHVILLE OR SOMEONE ELSE BUT QUIT BASHING THE HABS!

GO FUCKING HABS FUCKING GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

41. #41 tbay says:
    April 7, 2007 at 8:14 am

ALL ABOARD!! DESTINATION …TORONT-NOOO!!!!

GO HABS GO!!!

42. #42 big al says:
    April 7, 2007 at 8:45 am

it would be great to have #9 or 10 or 33 but we do not
    it”s up to the #”s 11 , 27 , 73 ,21 and 14 to get the job done tonight. get behind your team……a game like tonight is what it is all about
    good luck habs,,,,,,

43. Best case Scenario for 2nites Habs vs Leafsuck game is for the Habs to Lose in O.T. or S.O. with all the habs best players on bench resting for the would be
    playoff berth, and Eddy Pelcheck in as the goaleeer. LOL. This would eliminate Make me Laughs. However, this could give meaning to the Islanders final game with N.J. should they win over Philly today. Every one cannot help but love guys like Ryan Smith with what happened in Edmonton and Alexei_afy_cation Yashin who ALWAYS Alexeiafies the crowd when ever he steps on the ice with him finding all the GLASNOST inside a telephone booth.
    –even more so when they wear the AlexeiAFy Orange Sweaters.

MAY YOUR ALEXEIACATION (SHOCK) ALWAYS BE POSITVE :
    MAY THE SENS BE WITH YOU ALEXEIAFY THE RUSSIAN FREAKING BEAR

44. #44 DIE_HARD_HABS_FAN says:
    April 7, 2007 at 10:19 am

Don’t get me wrong. I have wanted my Habs to win. I always have and always will. I get fustrated with the way Montreal is playing this year.

I’m not sorry for saying that I hope Huet gets pulled from the net before the 1st period is over. I don’t like Huet as a goaltender never have. He is another Thedore. He has done nothing to impress me this year or last year for that matter either. From what I have seen Huet is no better than Halak. So Huet stoped 8 shots Thursday night. Big deal. Halak stoped 23 and some were great stops. I will cheer for the Habs but not when Huet is in Net, No damn way.

To set the record straight: I WILL NEVER, I MEAN NEVER CHEER FOR THE TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS. NO BLOODY WAY.

45. #45 Habs#1 says:
    April 7, 2007 at 10:45 am

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to biggest day of the year. This is a federal election, christmas, your birthday, the birth of your first child and getting married all rolled into one.

For the Habs this is D-Day. They are storming the beaches of the A.C.C. but the question is do they have the determination to take their Noramndy(a playoff spot)? Or do they get cut to peices?

46. #46 habsfan_for_life1212 says:
    April 7, 2007 at 10:56 am

All th habs have to do is shut down the toronto D. Think about it. Toronto has one three times this year, the frist one, kaberle had three goals. The second, kaberle has 1 goal and two assists and mccabe had 2 goals. The next time they won kubina scored twice. Shut down The Big Three!!!

47. #47 stevejur says:
    April 7, 2007 at 11:01 am

They’ll be cut to pieces, the writings on the wall.
    We’ve been through this all year so why are we hoping for a miracle?
    Let’s not get too excited or get our hopes up.

The first goal is so important tonight.

48. #48 habs phan says:
    April 7, 2007 at 11:49 am

1 to go….. let’s see who’ll show!!!everybody on this blog should put their ***** jersey on and cheer for their team. so much negativeness, makes me wonder if you guys have been drugged by some leafs fans. it’s gonna be a tough battle but come on. your comments are very unfaithful. GO**** HABS******GO.

49. #49 R habs 4 real says:
    April 7, 2007 at 12:25 pm

I hope the ISLANDERS beat Philly today. So going into the game tonight, habs will know exactly where they stand! And if the leafs win in regulation, then I’ll be pulling for the ISLANDERS as much as I would for the habs!
    The reason I want the Islanders to win, is simply to make it as difficult as possible for the leafs. If the leafs win, then they won’t be celebrating, because they can’t control their own destiny. Anyways, if you force the habs to win, then we will see if they are gutless(which I think they are), or if they have pride and any heart! Let’s not make it easy for the leafs!
    If this team does not SHOW UP for the 1st period, they deserve to lose!
    If they play 60 minutes, win or lose, then maybe they have gotten a little of my respect for them.

50. I’m putin a kevlar flak jacket under my C.H. jersey,lol!I’m trying not to be full of doubt. I keep thinking what ifs.What if Kovalev was a commercial plane pilot and he flew like he plays,would you trust him with your life????Or Huet was a maternity doctor,would he drop the baby??? And then there’s Niinimaa,do you trust him?, period???? Quite the Habs season and finally.Blow my mind and win this one Habs !!!!