Playoffs or no Playoffs?

1. #1 Rubberman says:
    February 13, 2007 at 11:44 pm

It’s so hard to watch!!!

Another loss. I hope it ain’t over but when the team can’t get up for Florida, knowing they need to win and they don’t, well…

I’d rest whoever is hurt and tired tomorrow. There’s no chance of winning in Jersey. It’s too bad the Habs can’t forfeit a game and go to a movie, maybe a chick flick or something, or get them to watch “The Rocket”. If that can’t inspire a Habs player, sit the guy out!

2. #2 smiler2729 says:
    February 13, 2007 at 11:45 pm

It looks like it’s over but I DO BELIEVE IN MIRACLES and let’s hope those old Forum ghosts come visiting to the Bell Centre…

Y’know, it’s not really anyone’s fault that the team’s not as good as the fans WISHED… We have a rookie head coach who’ll only learn and get better (what did we expect, Jean Perron and a Stanley Cup??? Look for Perron in the Where Are They Now? Files)

We have a lot of young players who seem too eager to do it all for this feverish fervent crowd of spoiled fans… I think the whole team is too uptight under the scrutiny of Montrealers.

Things will improve but one thing I am sure of and hope Mr. Gainey sees this… too many Euros have made this a rather soft team with no ooomph!

Like I said, I do believe in miracles and this team has delighted us before and very recently (the ’02 run to get to the playoffs courtesy of Jose Theodore, Doug Gilmour and Michel Therrien -AND- the ’04 playoff comeback against the Bruins)…

Has anyone noted that both Stanley Cup winners in the last two seasons had to beat Montreal to get there (eventually).

Ah, fuck.

3. #3 Rubberman says:
    February 13, 2007 at 11:46 pm

Not this season, but in June, Gainey gotta get Lecavalier here. Put Huet, and make a deal Tampa can’t refuse. WE NEED A BIG GUN HERE!

4. #4 stevejur says:
    February 13, 2007 at 11:46 pm

Sorry bro, but this team sucks!
    We have not fixed our scoring situation since 1993.
    Grabovski and Kostysyn are tearing it up in Hamilton, time to make the call.

We will be sellers at the end of the week, no need to give up our youth.
    Say bye to Abby, Kovalev, Souray, Samsonov and Rivet.

The rebuilding begins AGAIN!
    I’m still in shock.

5. #5 smiler2729 says:
    February 13, 2007 at 11:51 pm

I just want a team that knows what it means to wear that C-H on their chest and represent the hockey dreams of a great city, a beautiful province and the coolest country. I miss that intensity. Souray’s got it… Koivu too… Begin, Johnson, Dandenault, Bouillon, Higgs, Komi also… the rest need educating (let them watch “The Rocket” as someone said)…

6. #6 smiler2729 says:
    February 13, 2007 at 11:53 pm

I agree! Bob Gainey DO WHAT YOU MUST to get Vincent Lecavalier, I don’t care who you trade, GET IT DONE.

7. There is no way in hell that the Habs are going to the BIG SHOW !!!! I’m sure by now every one see’s the growth and progress all the other teams have made past the halfway point, while our Habs have folded like origami. What’s worse is the future looks shit too. This is a very sad day for a very sad organisation and I am not alone as a very sad Habs Fan, Score 29 to 0 uggggg !!!

8. #8 R habs 4 real says:
    February 13, 2007 at 11:58 pm

I watched the game on the dish (sunshine network), florida feed, and listened to the Florida commentators. They said ,when the habs were on the PP, they looked totally disorganized and didn’t know what to do with the puck. They really look like they’re afraid to make passes, with no confidence at all!
    I think they really don’t believe in themselves anymore, and deep down, don’t believe they’re good enough to make the playoffs. Anyone who was a leader(Koivu), is no longer a leader. I can’t remember him playing such bad undisciplined hockey. I say, get rid of the whole lot, because there’s no drive, no discipline, no guts, no offence, no defence, and THEY’RE SOFT!
    Hamilton bulldogs could play better than the habs. Everyone in the league is talking about how crappy the habs are, and THEY’RE RIGHT!

9. #9 Habs4life says:
    February 14, 2007 at 12:04 am

umm yeah its called a slump, every team goes through one and were going through one right now. It’s clearly not going to last match longer, i cant say will win tomorrow, but we will win on saturday, and probably sunday.I mean the ducks ahve 5 wins in their last 12 so good team do slump. Its just bad because everytime we lose, every other team wins. We might be in 8th spot, but thats were the ahbs are every year. know onw is taking this spot from us, and we will make the playoffs:):):):):)

GO HABS GO

Habs 4 Life

LEAFS SUCK!!!

10. #10 smiler2729 says:
    February 14, 2007 at 12:13 am

This is more than a slump buddy, this is a slide! Going, going, gone!! (I sound like Dave Van Horne, man, I miss the Expos!!!!!!!!!!)

11. #11 smiler2729 says:
    February 14, 2007 at 12:14 am

How come we didn’t get Brad Stuart and Wayne Primeau? Or Sean Avery???

February 14, 2007 at 12:16 am

There is nothing this team can say or do anymore.They can have all the player meetings they want.This team has sunk

13. #13 R habs 4 real says:
    February 14, 2007 at 12:20 am

THIS IS NOT A SLUMP! slumps don’t last 2 months!

February 14, 2007 at 12:20 am

I said this in the other post but i dont know any GM in the league that would let their team fall this far this fast without addressing the problem.Who is gonna clean this mess up now?

15. You need too have BALLS to make the proper TRADES when the rite pieces to a puzzle are avalible;bring a magnifying glass !!!

16. It was a nice first half, but this team is in the shitter. Might want to let Koivu go too, although I think he means much to this city. His scoring is gone, and he takes crappy penalties.

17. Looks like we are headed for a fifty year glut at this rate, a GM who doesn’t care, a coach who looks like Bozo the clown in press conferences and the biggest clowns, Kovalev and Koivu. I think it is time to trade Kovalev and Koivu, they have lost it for the habs on many an occasion, like tonite, how quickly or how often have you ever seen a 5 on 3 go to a powerplay for the other team? NEVER! Only Sakku can pull such a stupid stunt like that! Sakku, the King of Stupid Penalties…STUUPIIDD!!! SAAKUUU WAKE UP ALREADY STOP YOUR STUPID HOOKS ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!

Dandenault and Bouillion are trying but they are just not strong enough to be paired together, maybe if momma would come and bail them out when the big bad forwards rush them down and mow them down like so much overgrown turf….

Ninnima and Steit are not there either, in fact no one on the defense is worthy to be called a defense. Move Souray to forward, the guy spends more time in the other teams zone then he does stopping a rush on Huet or Abby.

If we keep up at this rate, and Gillett and Mini-Gillett don’t give Gainey room to breath, we are headed for a big slide out of ninth just enough to say if only we had done this and that and if if if….

The big mistake was breaking up the rookies before Christmas and not keeping them, they were clicking and winning more than losing. And what did Guy and Bob do, reward them by sending them down to the Dogs….other NHL teams would have kept them…clearly Bob and Guy don’t know how to play poker….you gots to know when to keep em and when to fold em.

In this case we are pulling stupid tricks like keeping Ninnima, Samsonov, Murray, Downie and Johnson, players who are not able to play the Habs style of hockey. We are putting too much pressure on Begin and Rivet and Dandy and Boully and they are buckling, the rental players like Sakku and Kovalev are not being paid enough so they play like rental players….don’t care, don’t give a damn, never will, never has, except for Sakku and only then when the fear of God was put into him….

The sad fact is, the Habs are lost. We’ll be like the Laffs fans, always cheering and wondering who we can buy to help us win a cup, and we’ll keep hiring goons and rental players who have no heart for Montreal, and we’ll keep pushing away what home grown talent there is….

18. #18 stevejur says:
    February 14, 2007 at 1:16 am

It’s hard to pond off your crap to another team.
    Who the hell wants what we have?

The only 4 players I would be interested in are Guerin, Bertuzzi, Doan or Forsberg.
    To be a contender we would have to get 2 out of those 4 players.
    Guerin had a 4 points tonight, 3 goals and 1 assist.

Right now I’d hate to be Gainey, but I’d go after 2 hard noised Canadian Olympians
    Todd Bertuzzi and Shane Doan.

19. #19 stevejur says:
    February 14, 2007 at 1:18 am

Come on Bobby please bring us

SHANE DOAN & TODD BERTUZZI

20. #20 WICKSTER says:
    February 14, 2007 at 1:32 am

This is not a slump. Good goaltending and a good powerplay is what won them most of their games in the first half.
    Get what you can now for Koivu, Kovalev, Souray and Huet. Give Rivet,
    Boullion, Dandenaul, Murray, Downey, Perezohgin and Ryder their walking paper’s,
    Get youth and draft pick’s for these clown’s. Start the rebuilding.
    There’s the Kostitsyn boy’s, Grabvoski, Milroy, Chipcharra, Urquart, Ryan White(who leads the western league in scoring) Price.

21. #21 Groundworking says:
    February 14, 2007 at 3:23 am

Yeah I actually agree that the Habs might look to start selling. I’m not one to give up on the Team’s playoff’s hopes at all, but we Habs fans used to be different than, say, Leaf’s fans, in that we did not build teams to make the playoffs–we built them to win the playoffs. This team won’t win a Stanley Cup and I’d rather see a young, loyal core battling to the end than an aging roster of under-performing rentals. I’d keep Huet, Markov and a few others (Downey, Begin, Bonk) and then sell some others for great prospects. I think it’s over–the team has nothing left in the tank. I wouldn’t take it personal though, guys, when there’s nothing left….there’s nothing left….

22. #22 Russell Fielding says:
    February 14, 2007 at 7:14 am

If a player doesn’t want to come to Montreal They won’t be here. I’m sorry but most payers don’t want to be in a Province ov Canada that treats the English language and the English speaking people as second or third class people.We could have had players BUT when thet hear Mointreal the answer is anywhere else but.That is hard to fight.Taxes is the other big thing.I do agree that Dec 21,22,23, was the downfall of this team. M.L. hasn’t been the same since they sent him down the first time.You can blame it all on Gainy, he is trying for the trades but the players ask first if it’s Montreal or not anf if it is they usually say NO. This team needs to begin on the farm and in the Draft.Do you see how the other teams have slowly gotten rid of their UFA. This has to be done before we geg better. They are dragging theis team down. If they wany to be in the organization sign them or ship them this week.Nothing wrong with the coachingg or the GM that 4 or 5 plays can’t fix. Remember Dec. 21 that was the beginning of the end of this season.

23. We may suck more than a shop-vac at the Liposuction Clinic.We may be in a bigger slump than Anna Nicole’s boobs but at least we’re not Toronto!

We have more colours on our jersey and we should get a better draft pick too.

And we have nicer bridges to jump from and our subway cars have real tires.

24. guys…stop calling for bertuzzi and/or DOAN. Gaineys silence is obvious. He is sticking to his plan and thats it. Carbo knows it…Gillette knows it…Boivin doesnt know the war is over. Dont think for a minute that Gainey hasnt told Carbs either.He wouldnt leave him in the dark.I’m afraid also that the players know it too. Theyve been told “you guys are it”, and guys, they just dont have the horses.Last night was a florida team with no defense.You know jersey is licking its chops and have mentally already stored away the two points for tonight.I wouldnt be surprised if Julien even rested some of his stars tonight.Brodeur will want to play though so he can have a shot at his 11th shut out.

25. #25 HAB-DAB-A-DO says:
    February 14, 2007 at 10:23 am

THE HABS ARE DONE LIKE A PIZZA IN SOURAYS PIZZA SHOP,FINISH IN 14TH I PREDICT BUT WILL WIN TONIGHT 15-3

26. RDS.CA: Luc Gelinas reported yesterday it’s possible the Colorado Avalanche might place gritty forward Ian Laperriere on the trade block should the club fall further out of the playoff race by the deadline. Gelinas suggests Lapierrere might be of interest to Montreal Canadiens GM Bob Gainey, who isn’t likely to sacrifice the future to acquire Peter Forsberg or Todd Bertuzzi for a quick fix to his club’s current woes.

any spark Bob….ANYTHING!……This guys not a scorer but a big hit here and there?….a spark maybe?

ANYTHING BOB!!!…..put coolade in the water coolers ( oh…and tequila)

smoke a fat one before the game!!…..it wont help you win but it’ll make the devils look really pretty when they scate by!

27. um…..skate

28. I’m a scat man. Scat da be doo bebbly do be a do bop.

29. #29 habs#1fan says:
    February 14, 2007 at 10:40 am

Clearly the time has come to pull the trigger on some sort of a trade. Shake the team up and hope for some kind of positive result. GO HABS GO PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!!!!

30. I think that we should be sellers now, and not for players now BUT for draft picks because it is painfully obvious that alot of NHL players do not want to play in Montreal. The only untouchables I believe should be: Markov (he is only going to get better over time), Latendresse (still a kid with good size and has the makings of a good if not great power forward, ie,REMEMBER JOHN LECLAIR!!), Huet ( I know that some people will think that I’m crazy but the simple fact of the matter is that the other goalies in our system have no NHL experience yet and I believe he should be kept on for a little while at least until we can develop a solid #1 guy), Komisarec (the guy lays on the body most nights and is still learning the game at the NHL level, he will only get better, just needs more time), Higgins ( same reasons as Latendresse, the guy is a sniper in the making, and I feel that last season was no fluke), Begin (the guy blocks shots, kills penalties, hits and plays hard ALL the time)Bonk and Johnson?? (they both do a pretty good job in the roles they have, but if you can get better players to fill those roles than I say go for it)Lapierre (I say keep him as he is a good agitator ala Darcy F*&^ER) Plecanec (should only get better, has been the only consistent player in 2007)

NOW who to unload: Souray(he will probably not re-sign with us anyway so try and get something for him before it is too late, ie high draft picks perhaps) Koivu ( it doesn’t look like Saku is the type of player that will lead us to the promised land and it pains me a great deal to say this) Ryder (he can only do one thing and he hasn’t been doing much of that lately)Kovalev (his lack of effort on some nights has already been affecting the team in a very negative way)the other d-men that are left(do I need to explain this??, We need d-men who will clear the puck out of the zone and block shots and these guy’s are unwilling to do it)Samsonov (this experiment just did not work at all, total disaster)

Now I know that I left some names off the list but we can improve those areas with call ups from Hamilton. the players on the farm will be a little more experienced and should be ‘hungry’ to prove themselves at the NHL level. Next year could be another losing season for Les Canadiens but I think that the only way they can move forward is to build from within not from without. Bob, do not mortgage the future for the possibility of winning now because, quite frankly, this team just isn’t good enough.

31. Bertuzzi ???? gimme a break !!!! this lazy floater is just a carbon copy of that useless Kovalev, only bigger and just as lazy, trust me–from someone who has seen him play so many times, about every 10 games he gets involved and then just like Kovalev disappears for 8 to 10 games.

Trust me, he will be usless with the Habs just like he was in Vanc.

32. #32 Higgy21 says:
    February 14, 2007 at 3:20 pm

Ever since JOshtm showed up here the slump started. HEX On you buddy.

33. #33 joshtm says:
    February 14, 2007 at 7:31 pm

Hey Higgy21 what a stupid excuse, ya, that’s right, blame the fans for running the team, right. Any other excuses for the Habs slump? Next we’ll say because of the e-coli spinach, yup, it was rotten spinach, no wonder the popeyes on the habs haven’t been winning, rotten spinach…hahahaa

34. SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!! SELL!!

35. #35 MARIO NARDELLI says:
    February 16, 2007 at 4:38 pm

Hab Friends
    Let’s face it as soon as they get the big contracts they get lazy.
    That is true of most euoropeon players no passion just skill.The CANADIAN boys bring heart and grind and come to play always. Look around the league and notice the teams with more CANADIAN players are the most sucessful.
    It is sad to see all our home boys playing elsewhere.
    If we would cultivate local boys to play for us and be proud of the C on their chest I’m sure we would not have to wait so long for a Stanley Cup conttender
    AT Least i have memories of the HABS Of Seventies that came to play
    every night and exciting to watch even behind in a match they played their hearts out until the end.
    our team has 11 players over 30 does that tell you something
    and lets not forget how many lazy euoropeon players-russian
    if you are not proud to wear the C go the F*&*^*&$ home………….

36. #36 Dalley1 says:
    February 23, 2007 at 3:35 pm

Take it easy boys. Now be nice. Our Habs will be on top again one day soon.

37. #37 Dalley1 says:
    February 23, 2007 at 3:36 pm

Oh! I forgot. The Habs need more Newfies on the Team………….I agree. The Russians have to go.

38. #38 melhabs says:
    January 11, 2009 at 7:06 pm

the habs rock!

even if they are losing a lot at least they are trying!!!!!
    if we just cheer them on they just might play better