Race for First

• The Habs have temporarily lost their 1st place seed in the Eastern Conference. With a game in hand, they have a chance to retake it tonight.

The only thing we know is the Conference title will probably come down to the last day of the regular season which has the Devils, Penguins and Rangers all in action. The Habs having finished the day before.

The Northeast however, could be clinched earlier. And with it, a guaranteed #2 seed and home ice advantage throughout the playoffs.

The Habs still hold a 4 point lead and game in hand against the Senators. Two weekend wins against two non playoff teams would make for cushy lead before playing the final game against the Senators on Tuesday.

1. That would be to cool to finish first but I’M MORE THAN HAPPY EITHER WAY.GO HABS GO…

2. #2 Senet 1 says:
    March 28, 2008 at 7:21 pm

Buffalo, is always tough to play against and they are playing for their playoff lives right now, heres hoping we come out with our A game tonight. someone said Halek is playing tonight, hope he has is form and the defense give him some protections.

March 28, 2008 at 7:27 pm

I am not sure it might be better to finish 2nd overall so that we dont catch Washington in the first round…

4. I predict 2-1 habs

5. If anyone here likes my hab vids from youtube, I’ll be making NHL PLAYOFF PREVIEW 08 on April 6th.
    I really hope Carey can get some shutouts over the next while so that we can say that Montreal has good goaltending. Because Price is good but not the best ad Goaltending is the most important thing!!!

March 28, 2008 at 8:34 pm

Goal Higgins !!! in his own net LOL

7. I see Higgy’s been taking scoccer lessons from our Euro’s on the team.

8. #8 hablifer says:
    March 28, 2008 at 8:42 pm

this is what happens when you have 2 dAYS OFF. YOU DON’T SHOW UP!

9. #9 habsfanforlife says:
    March 28, 2008 at 8:51 pm

6 shots so far, Pretty bad for a division leader!!!! Pick it up boys.

10. #10 habsfanforlife says:
    March 28, 2008 at 8:59 pm

shots 9-Habs
    25- Sabres
    Period- 2
    How pathetic is that. How can you win games with no shots?

11. #11 Senet 1 says:
    March 28, 2008 at 9:09 pm

it is not a matter of showing up, the puck is not bouncing there way and they have spent have the time in the penalty box. Is it me or are the refs looking for reasons to call penalties.

A couple of bounces are way and we would have been up 2-0 in first period.
    Finally got a break different game now. Watch

12. #12 hablifer says:
    March 28, 2008 at 9:11 pm

habs are lucky to be tied after 2 periods. They were totally outplayed in the 2nd period. Thanks to Price were tied. Need to pick it up in the 3rd period.

13. #13 Senet 1 says:
    March 28, 2008 at 9:12 pm

Can’t be too negative it is hard to get shots on goal when you are killing penalties. What was that call against Ryder, he shoots the puck some guy checks him from behind and he hits a buffalo player into their goalie. We get the penalty, then same thing happens in later in second period buffalo nearly takes our goalies head off (helmet) they don’t get a penalty???

Hard to get any momentum with calls like that.

14. #14 Senet 1 says:
    March 28, 2008 at 9:17 pm

the boys seem like they are skating but this is the way Buffalo always plays against us, they skate and check and hit. They get a lucky goal and the game turns in their favour. Price played well considering the penalties. I believe we said the same thing last game against Ottawa. First two period we did the same thing. Buffalo is a hard team to play against because they do not give you any ice. It is a good thing they have very few proven goal scorers this year or they would be in the playoffs for sure. Good team with no scoring, they just work hard.

15. #15 habs4life says:
    March 28, 2008 at 9:42 pm

Les Boys just idling too many days thanks to the f*** schedule.

16. #16 Senet 1 says:
    March 28, 2008 at 9:43 pm

Nothing seems to be working tonight, just one of those games they cannot seem to get on track the passes are just off and buffalo’s check hhas them off their game. this is a desperate team and they are playing like it, just like in Ottawa the other night.

17. #17 hablifer says:
    March 28, 2008 at 9:43 pm

the truth is, the habs look awful. the thing is, the sabres are the tired team, and we’re the rested team, but we look horrible. Just gave away 2 points that will cost us finishing 1st place in the conference, and if the habs don’t play better tomorrow and win, then you can probably forget about finishing 1st in their division. What I can’t understand, is how you come out so flat in such an important game? And why can Higgins only score for the opposition?
    Somebody needs to show him how to score on the breakaway!

18. #18 Ice Man says:
    March 28, 2008 at 9:51 pm

What more can Price to do to keep them in this game?

Montreal with a 3 day rest can’t show up and out play a team that played 3 games in 4 nights. Miller has not worked up a sweat. Shameful.

Really how Montreal got where they did this year is beyond me.

These Refs should be dragged out into the street and SHOT in the Head.

Way to go Habs, way to help out Price.

19. #19 Senet 1 says:
    March 28, 2008 at 9:56 pm

well we have on team that has no tomorrow playing a team that seems to be satisfied in making hte playoff. Buffalso sure do not look tired, they have skated and hit all.
    Score still have a outside chance.

20. #20 Habman says:
    March 28, 2008 at 9:58 pm

Ice man…hows the brain?….you aint worth bitching about…(dumb!)

Now every body complains, Halak plays next game, of course!..and the veterans will play next game, Dandenault,Begin. Brisebois, they will play a lot next game,…..LOSS, its all good, Hahahahahahahahahah!

21. #21 Senet 1 says:
    March 28, 2008 at 10:00 pm

Here we go either 3-3 or 4-2.

22. #22 Senet 1 says:
    March 28, 2008 at 10:01 pm

Here is where we need a faceoff man

23. #23 Senet 1 says:
    March 28, 2008 at 10:02 pm

3-3

24. #25 Senet 1 says:
    March 28, 2008 at 10:03 pm

This is a sign of a good team, they don’t play their A game and still have a chance to win.

25. #26 hablifer says:
    March 28, 2008 at 10:04 pm

unbelievable! maybe this is why the sabres aren’t a playoff team!

26. #27 Senet 1 says:
    March 28, 2008 at 10:05 pm

Oh yet have little faith, it is never over until it is over, didn’t you guys every play sports.

27. #28 Senet 1 says:
    March 28, 2008 at 10:10 pm

win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!4-3

28. yyyeeeeehhhaaaaaaa

29. #30 Senet 1 says:
    March 28, 2008 at 10:11 pm

did someone say Higgins needs to learn how to score??? he had a quick lesson.

30. #31 hablifer says:
    March 28, 2008 at 10:12 pm

I can’t believe it. ok I forgive higgins tonight. he made up for his miscues.
    Wow! I really didn’t think habs were going to win! way to go boys!

31. #32 Ice Man says:
    March 28, 2008 at 10:13 pm

I’m wipped the egg of my face.

Why do the Habs have to put my blood pressure to the brink of a near stroke?

Sorry for my earlier comments.

32. #33 habs4life says:
    March 28, 2008 at 10:14 pm

Les Boys won like a Eastern leader!!!

Super happy to see Plekanec is BACK!!!

33. what a great game, I almost had a heart attack there.

34. I just seen the game highlites and had to wipe the happytears,lol

35. #36 Senet 1 says:
    March 28, 2008 at 10:24 pm

I guess we should all learn that if we are true habs fans then we have to have faith, I learned a long time ago that the game is never over until it is over, Yoga Bera taught all us old timers that many years ago. It showed tonight that the team wanted to win but nothing seemed to work and Buffalo is a frustrating team to play against. However, if you guys remember last year, how many games did we blow that way? When you have a team that has to play strictly defense to win they tend to go into a shell to protect a lead and the next thing you know the game is tied.

36. #37 Dancan81 says:
    March 28, 2008 at 10:27 pm

I guess the sky stopped falling, eh guys? Bunch of bitches.

37. #38 hablifer says:
    March 28, 2008 at 10:28 pm

you know, maybe this is fate. maybe it IS our year!
    I feel total euphoria now. The same way I felt when we came from behind to beat the rangers. Are you guys getting that same feeling?
    And I’m sure alot of us had them for dead when it was 3-1 for the sabres. right? But these guys could really do it this year! maybe we should call them the cardiac kids. no matter, I’m smiling big time!

38. #39 jack hab says:
    March 29, 2008 at 2:07 am

A game like this really puts a bunch of stuff into perspective about this team. I don’t
    know what happened to Carbo but he seems to be coming into his own behind the bench.
    Personally, I would have blown a gasket on the Ryder call. I like how Carbo let the officials
    have it, then put his attention on the game.
    I’m going to go ahead and state the obvious. Our top line is a bona fide top line. These guys
    F!@#N ROCK!
    … in other news … the blues beat detroit 4 – 3 in overtime. Sound Familiar?

Enjoy tonight’s game!!

39. #40 habs phan says:
    March 29, 2008 at 3:22 am

this game should have been a blow out if the habs were plaing at 100%. it looked like they were playing with toronto in mind. it was a great game, don’t get me wrong. it should have never came to OT though. they got the 2 points and now they have to hit toronto. Who can teach higgins how to deek??? if the boys were laid back tonight because they are thinking about the leafs tomorrow then that’s OK but if they think it’s gonna be a cakewalk in the playoffs then we are setting up ourselves for a defeat. rangers are no joke right now and they might help us acheive a conference title but if we have to face them in the first,second round then we might be in trouble. we seem to have a hard time taking the body instead of the puck. grabovski and lapierre have to start doing this. right now Carbonneau has to start telling the troops that this is a battle against the pens. the ultimate goal is to win as many games to stay ahead of them. get a conference title. we can do this, komi is coming back and we need to stay on top of shit, instead of thinking about who we are gonna play in the first round, let’s go boys. keep it going, great comeback tonight. GO HABS GO

40. It was 3-1 in the last 8 minutes of the game, or something and Buffalo had all the momentum and Montreal cames back after that! That’s unbelievable.

41. #42 Lucky says:
    March 29, 2008 at 12:55 pm

where are all the guys that wanted Hossa on this team???

42. #43 Joseph says:
    March 29, 2008 at 12:56 pm

Perusing the comments here is funny. They go from tearing the Habs a new a**hole to praising them for their character. :-)

That being said, the Habs DO have character, and they showed it. Good times, friends!

“If anyone here likes my hab vids from youtube, I’ll be making NHL PLAYOFF PREVIEW 08 on April 6th.”

I do like them – they’re really good. I like this one too, by the way (if anyone knows who this is): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jph0SZZc0Gw&feature=related

43. #44 Joseph says:
    March 29, 2008 at 1:00 pm

And I still can’t believe that Kovalev picked up his glove whilst controlling the puck… I’ve never seen anything like that before, and I watched Lemieux in Pittsburgh for years. Amazing.

44. #45 Senet 1 says:
    March 29, 2008 at 2:42 pm

As I said earlier, a good team is a team that finds a way to win when they are not playing their best game. If kovalev played like this last year none of us would have wanted to trade him away. Likewise, Ryder has played really well since the first of the year. Basically he has almost all his goals since then and I have never seen him take the body as much as he is right now. I think he is playing for a new contract with either the canadiens or another team. If he continues to play this way I would like to sign him again. Carbo seems to continue to show confidence in him as well. To me it is like adding a new player to our team.

45. #46 Hab 4 U says:
    March 29, 2008 at 5:26 pm

Habz got it baby – dont you fret. Halak will show you tonight that one of our hidden weapons lies in our goaltending – you will be ‘wowed’ tonight my friends. Even with Koivu and Streit and Komi out we will take the cake and win our first division title in 15 years. Be proud my friends, by proud. We have been waiting for this for a LONG time. Be proud my friends. Be proud.