Sheldon Souray: The Last Stand

• Recent buzz indicates Bob Gainey is making one last final push to re-sign Sheldon Souray.

Souray Bloody Souray

Wishful thinking?

Souray has long been considered by the media and fans to be fleeing Montreal.

This late in the game is there any chance Sheldon Souray will stay? Or is this just last minute pandering for the media and fans?

Time for speculation is over, as there is less than one week before Sheldon Souray potentially hits the free agent market and signs elsewhere — with nothing in return.

1. Considering the lack of Big name signings ,if Big Bob don’t resign Captain Souray,then I for one will be laughing my guts out when he unloads that Howitzer on our Habs,I fear a last place finnish for sure without him,maybe that’s the plan?And anybody who don’t think he’s a main cog in our wheels is more a cancer than Kovalev and that shot my dear Hab fans is like a bullit between the eyes.lol

2. Dear XHabsfan

I have been reading your Montreal Canadiens posts for about a year now and I have come to some conclusions. You are not an analytical hockey fan but more an emotional gadfly who needs extra attention to fuel your neurosis. Taking your inadequacies out on Bob Gainey and the Canadiens coaching staff from your extremely limited point of view is exhausting and enervating. You need to make a decision right now; are you or are not a fan of all that the Montreal Canadiens have brought to hockey or are are you just some Maple Leaf-Canuck jerk. Fans are fans not neurotic assholes, so make up your frickin; mind and spare us the bullshit.

3. Dear Michael, loyal fans in my book want success for the team they root for,which team have you been watching?Or are you just passionate about our team endlessly sucking dirt bottom of the barrel. You could of had a point if our Habs were any good since 93,but…………….so no offence taken.I would like to know where you got those rose coloured glasses ,they would come in handy when the bills come in. And Micheal I would LIKE TO KNOW HOW YOU THINK improvements could be made to our team ,maybe you got the keys eh.

4. #4 MadManPaddy says:
    June 27, 2007 at 1:03 am

Now boys…settle down. It’s all fun and games till someone loses a tooth or an eye!!!

Every one is entitled to their opinion except this newbie Michael Morgan!!!

Only kidding Mikey!!

Xhabsfan…..see my last post on prior blog about draft. I say let Souray go…..he likely wants Markov money but his horrendous +/- says he should be paid otherwise. If he gets the same as Markov then I would say Markov should feel slighted…..afterall he gets the points and keeps his +/- a plus!!

We should go after Hannan! He is a UFA this year and I think he would fit nicely on the Habs blueline. Thoughts?

Anybody think that a pitch for Pitkanen would be good? He is obviously avail.

How’s this for a blueline:(if we keep Souray and go after some other UFA’s)

Hannan(2.5m)-Souray(4.5m)
    Pitkanen(2.5m)-Markov(5.5m)
    Stuart(2.5m)-Komisarek(1.7m)

Alot of money in the “D” but well worth it, dontcha you think?

Yes…make a pitch for Brad Stuart and get rid of He’s a Dandy and Boo!-ee-lon.

Man…I should be the GM of the Habs!!!! NOT!!!!

Oh but what a dream!

5. #5 MadManPaddy says:
    June 27, 2007 at 1:09 am

Hey…everyone out there who thinks we did well at the draft for the last 2 years with these USHL players…..see my last entry on the draft blog…pretty scary when you look at the history!!

WOW!

6. #6 orilliaborn says:
    June 27, 2007 at 1:19 am

Souray’s probably the only guy on the team who strikes fear in other teams. I love the way he punches the bejeesus out of other guys. Montreal is such a small team that it’s really possible that Souray is its most important player. Every good team needs a guy like him. It’s a no brainer.

7. Yo Paddy, I think if Souray was on the ducks last year ,he would of been a +30 with more goals and because the rest of the Ducks can take care of themselves with the physical stuff,Sheldon would be less injured. He has had to do it all Paddy and he has ,remember every good dog gets 2 bones . Hell,he’s our only allstar madman and our only 100 mph shot,in fact he’s are only shot ,are other D men ether only have wristers or couldn’t hit air itself! And if you don’t think Gaineys balls arn’t sweating now they will be if he looses Souray. Look, WE got lots of cap room when we clean out are dead beats bro and if we loose Souray were going to need Hannan for sure ,the only problem,we don’t got him yet! Bob Gainey has no choice in this matter ,its pretty well do or die.

8. #8 smiler2729 says:
    June 27, 2007 at 1:55 am

Ahh Sheldon Souray… On the plus side he’s the best pure leader the Habs have and his slap shot scares the sh*t out of goalies, on the minus side, the new NHL rules have made him a useless defender and he can be injury prone… hmmm. Love to see him stay but won’t cry if he goes… okay, maybe a little.

9. #9 Jaker1 says:
    June 27, 2007 at 5:07 am

I am new to this site and I love the constructive suggestions.How about this one: Sign Sourey and a top UFA center and when the well has run dry in the UFA,s trade Kovelev to Washington to play with Ovechkin for a first rounder which should be high. You keep Sourey,free up cash for a top center and get a top prospect in the process.This would probably make the dressing room a better place to be also. As much as I like Koivu, I thing Sourey garners a lot of respect.

10. #10 Ghost says:
    June 27, 2007 at 6:42 am

Jaker1 – I see what you’re trying to do, in that your looking for a logical place where Kovalev would seen as a commodity (a playmaking winger for Ovechkin) and so would take his salary. But I don’t think Washington would give up a 1st rounder in this year’s deep draft for the very reason that Kovalev’s salary makes him hard to move and Washington knows that Montreal has little options with Kovalev. Maybe a 2nd rounder…

I’m no fan of Kovalev, but I just don’t think the younguns can bear the full brunt of the opposing team’s defence. Kovalev still creates space, and the team needs veteran players like that right now, IMO. I’m still hoping for the kids enthusiasm will rub off on him.

Say goodbye Souray. Montreal can’t make the same mistake Toronto made with McCabe and be saddled with a good guy, but a one-dimensional streaky defenseman who doesn’t know how to spell defense, much less play it.

I’d have been happy if they could have brought Emelin over, and sign Hannan.

11. #11 joshtm says:
    June 27, 2007 at 9:04 am

Well said Xhabsfan! And Micheal Morgan, Gainey might be good at signing rookies, he is hell with real hockey players though. A good GM and coaching staff are supposed to recognize not only good prospects, but also veteran hockey players who can work with talent and provide leadership.

Unfortunately I haven’t seen Gainey sign any good players or real hockey players, not rookies but veterans.

12. #12 Volcom25 says:
    June 27, 2007 at 11:06 am

Seems the UFA bonaza will be the make or break point for the canadiens, if we don’t pick up some size or some skating we are going to be hooped next year. Hannan is a shutdown D-man, some size and/or heart up front would be great, who all is still available? what’s the deal with Marleau and Kariya? Next year is still promising, on the bright side at least we didn’t sign tkachuk! Very exciting week coming up, so stay tuned in!

13. #13 smiler2729 says:
    June 27, 2007 at 11:30 am

Big surprize… Cullimore and Salmelainen placed on waivers. So Samsonov was traded for exactly what he is worth… NOTHING. Oh and his big fat useless paycheque is not on the Habs anymore. SWEET.

14. #14 fan4066 says:
    June 27, 2007 at 11:34 am

Really guys, think about this. Remember the final game of the season? Last couple of minutes in the Laffs game? Were is Souray? Oh ya, left the game with an upper body injury!! Were on a empty net PP, and where is Souray? in the dressing room. Toronto, on the other hand had that dude go down( name eludes me now) they said he would not be back, guess what? He came back!

If this is what we get from him down the stretch again, someone refered to him by leadership? where was the leadership in the Toronto game….when it REALLY counted. I was disgusted when I witnessed that game. On the other hand, he has a gun for a slp shot, I will never take that away from him, offensivly he is a great D-man, defensivly, he sucks, yau all know that because you seen it all on the highlight reels

15. #15 nigelski says:
    June 27, 2007 at 11:48 am

Last I checked, Ghost (post 10), defence is how it is spelled, as in, “defenceman.” Worry more about your own spelling…

As for Souray, it seems likely that he is gone. He will be taking our Power Play with him when he goes, which was, from my view, the only thing that made the Habs even close to playoff contention. For his point shot alone, Souray is worth some coin. As much as he’ll likely get in the free agent market? Doubtful.

The real key here is who we end up replacing him with, should he leave. The goals have to come from somewhere. Gainey should at least try to trade his rights for something, should it become obvious that he wants out–that is, if it isn’t already obvious. LA wants him bad, and that’s where his family has moved, so I say ship him out for a pick if we can.

I’d rather he stayed, when all is said, but if he’s bent on leaving, we should try to fleece someone out of a pick or prospect. If Tkchoke is worth a 1st rounder for the extra negotiating time, Souray should garner something.

In terms of UFAs, I don’t hold much hope out there. Gainey’s track record is nothing short of abysmal in this regard. I’m just hoping that Lang and Yashin aren’t on their way…

16. #16 Rubberman says:
    June 27, 2007 at 10:15 pm

If Gainey was serious, he wouldn’t wait until now to make a pitch.

I agree: trade his rights to another team before the deadline.

I like the idea of trading Kovalev. I would try for Smith or Briere but I would let the rookies play this year. No matter who they sign, they’ll be lucky to get passed the 2nd round, that’s if they make the playoffs. So, give the rookies some experience, trade one of their goalies for a mobile defenseman and save the cash for Vinny LeCavalier next yr. Not sure if he’s a FA next year or after that).

17. #17 Rubberman says:
    June 27, 2007 at 10:15 pm

If Gainey was serious, he wouldn’t wait until now to make a pitch.

I agree: trade his rights to another team before the deadline.

18. #18 Jones says:
    June 27, 2007 at 11:10 pm

Nigelski- ghost is probably in america, because while canadians call it a defence and defenceman, americans call it a defense and defenseman.

19. #19 JNic says:
    June 28, 2007 at 8:08 am

Souray will leave, and he will take part of the scoring goals with him. Mostly on the powerplay. If he leave, it’s mean we gonna give more powerplay ice time to Markov. Markov might not have the same kind of slapshot, but he is good too and I am pretty sure he will improve his stats that way.

We just need to have another defensemen to replace souray, but one who will have a positive or at least a better +- ratio, I am confident we can find someone like that, either by UFA or rookies (too bad emelin signed in Russia).

20. #20 MadManPaddy says:
    June 28, 2007 at 9:53 am

JNic…….HANNAN!!!

21. #21 john rocheleau says:
    June 28, 2007 at 10:13 am

well my plan if i am montreal this season dont try to hard tavares draft 2008

22. #22 john rocheleau says:
    June 28, 2007 at 10:20 am

AS FOR ME AS MONTREAL GM I WOULD TRADE HUET LET SOURAY GO TRY AN EXPERIMENT IN GOAL WITH THE YOUNG GUNS AND OUT FRONT WITH BONK AND OTHER FOWARDS GONE THAT LEAVES ROOM FOR HAMILTON BOYS TO MOVE IN AND DO WHAT THEY CAN FOR THIS YEAR MAYBE NEXT THEN WE PUT ARE OFFERT IN FOR A CUP RUN MAYBE 3OR 4 YEARS THEN WE ARE GREAT AGAIN

23. #23 john rocheleau says:
    June 28, 2007 at 10:35 am

IF THEY ARE SEROUIS ABOUT WINNING NOW THEY WILL NEED A SMALL MIRACLE AND IN MY VIEW PRICE CANT AND WONT BE ABLE TO RUN TREW THE NHL LIKE HE HAS IN THE JUNIORS HE WILL BE GOOD BUT IT WILL TAKE ATLEAST TWO MORE TOP 4 D A FIRST LINE WE HAVE ALOT TO OFFER FROM THIER WE ARE A SECOND AND THIRD LINE TEAM

IT WOULD TAKE MARLEAU AT CENTER ALONG WITH RYAN SMITH ON HIS WING ATLEAST TO START A 1 LINE AND ON D RAFALSKY PRESSING WOULD ADD SOME GOOD THINGSAND YOU WOULD SAY WHY RAFALSKY I’D SAY I WOULD RATHER PAY HIM 5 MILLION THAN NO D SOURAY QAND THEN WE COULD PICK NICK BOYTON OFF WAIVERS I THINK WE COULD’NT DO WORSE THEN YEARS PAST MAYBE WITH SOME BREAKS AND 5 ON 5 GOALS FROM SMITH WE WOULD GO FAR

24. #24 DoM19 says:
    June 28, 2007 at 11:11 am

Souray isnt coming back. Well i have an article but in french that can prove it. http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/231445.html

25. #25 coutNY_HabsFan says:
    June 28, 2007 at 12:23 pm

#24 DoM19?

All it says is that Anahiem wants him if Neidemayer is retiring. Bob could get something done by Sunday or not. no one knkows whats going on withthe negotiations or what they have in mind with the UFA market. Isn’t this article is from the same guy that said we were gone to move up in the draft to get Esposito?

26. #26 joshtm says:
    June 28, 2007 at 1:24 pm

Fan0466 should instead be asking gee, for 81 games last year, where were Dandy and Bouilly? Or the rest of the habs defense?

27. #27 joshtm says:
    June 28, 2007 at 4:21 pm

What disappoints me is Gainey is not making any big moves, he is keeping his stock of 13 players, on top of the new contracts he has just entered into.

Watch, no one will claim Cullimore or Salamander and they will be suited up in the fall…..

After the great drafts, the news of the 13 qualifying offers to the bunch that had a roller coaster season last year was a let down.

Not that it’ll be great to see the bunch when they are doing well, and we’ll be pissed when they are playing like the not-so-great players they are.

28. #28 john rocheleau says:
    June 28, 2007 at 5:45 pm

i agree a gm’s job is to improve a team sometime to improve you must dump dead wait and rebuild

29. #29 Joshtm says:
    June 28, 2007 at 7:04 pm

So much for promising to Build the Habs team, this looks more like let’s buy Tim Horton’s TimBits and hope one of those small six year olds are gonna one day be a superstar!

Heck before elementary school closed for the summer Bob Gainey and Trevor Timmins were out signing kindergarten-aged boys to fifteen year contracts! Oh wait, wasn’t that Crazy Bob at the Montreal Jewish General Prenatal wing recruiting future prospects too? Man, isn’t he a Hockey God? Next week Crazy Bob is gonna go to all the sperm banks and sign some more D-men! Holy Crap!

30. #30 Habs#1 says:
    June 28, 2007 at 7:15 pm

Souray was in a contract year just like McCabe was when they had big seasons. Souray will never put up numbers like that again offensively. NEVER. Teams no him and will shadow him on the PP from now on. Not to mention the fact that last season was the only healthy season that he’s ever had in his career, he’ll be back on the IR in no time.

And he’ll be out west so the “threat” of Souray unloading against the Habs will happen once every 3 seasons.

TSN said in their story about the Habs offseason plans last night that they want a power forward to protect Pleks on the second line instead of having a big centre next season. If this is true and does happen then I think that Mike Peca may be a guy that Gainey goes after to fill the #3 role down the middle.

Tom Preissing and Matt Schneider are logical players that the Habs could get for the blue line.

The Habs as of now have 19 million in cap room available going into Sunday. Givine Ryder a 1 mil raise to three million and Pleks a 500,000 raise to 1 million per the Habs have 17.5 million to spend on new players. It’s looking good as of now going into the feeding frenzy on sunday.

31. #31 joshtm says:
    June 28, 2007 at 7:42 pm

As if Peca is healthy…..

32. #32 joshtm says:
    June 28, 2007 at 8:07 pm

actually Gainey is gonna give Dandy and Boully 8 million each!

33. #33 Pepto says:
    June 28, 2007 at 8:55 pm

Honestly where is the rage? Here Crazy Bob is keeping deadwood, and in fact giving them raises like I said he would, and we are worried that he is not gonna get rid of one of the superstars on the team? Man, that is like, totally arse-first logic if you ask me!

34. #34 habsfan_for_life1212 says:
    June 28, 2007 at 9:34 pm

joshtm, i dont understand it when you say that hes giving 13 qualifying offers to players who just had a horrible season. drop the 1 in front of your 3. only 3 of the players he gave offers to are on the habs..sure they had an up and down season but guess what…the other ten won the calder cup idiot.

35. #35 MadManPaddy says:
    June 28, 2007 at 10:24 pm

habsfan_for_life1212………good one!!!! joshtm…..can you for once put aside the dumb-ass comments and actually give us just a hint of your hidden brilliance??? Come on….you can do it!!!! Make some sense next time you post you $%#!@ goomba!!

I just read on TFP that Souray is claiming he has not received any new offers from Gainey despite the fact that Gainey has said publicly that Souray is his #1 priority???? Weird……

I know I probably sound like a scratched blue-ray technology disc(HA HA) but I think we should let Souray go and maybe go after Hannan as he has some decent size and is defensively responsible. Besides he can throw in some points also!! As for Peca…..give me a $#@!% break…..PECA??? WTF!!!!
    Might as well do nothing. He’s as useless as tits on a boar…gimme a $#@!% break!! Who’s bright suggestion was that???

Montreal needs to go big this year….like a huge blockbuster trade involving Vinnie or Crosby(ya I know…WTF shut up) but something huge like the Oilers did last summer! IT’S GOTTA HAPPEN!!

I get the distinct feeling though that we will end up with Yashin or Lang or some nobody like that. This has got to be the make or break year for Gainey…I have always been a huge fan of his but if he fails this summer then I say kick him in the nuts and toss him in garbage pile…well don’t really kick him in the nuts but…you know what I mean!!

I’m scared like a wee little baby!!

36. #36 Pepto says:
    June 29, 2007 at 1:23 am

My last post was forged by JOshtm. COmment 33. What a fool. I spend one night with his mama and he holds a grudge.

37. Ya ,we are in big rebuilding do-do for sure .We know Hooku want out if that’s the case,might as well dump the Russian lump and the rest of the dead weight and start anew.With aour younger Habbies and Bulldogs with some new faces it wouldn’t get any worse “yikes”! At least loosing would be more acceptable “ouch!” Edmonton just released ex bulldog Jessie Winchester”spelling?” anywho he played well againt us ,;and beat the shiite out of Downey,he big ,tough and cheap,with Souray gone? WE NEED MORE TOUGH GUYS!!!!

38. #38 nigelski says:
    June 29, 2007 at 6:28 am

Darren Mcarty (sp?) is unrestricted, he’s kinda tough.

39. Come on stop your yap and keep Souray for cryin’ out loud. he’s our best leader besides Koivu but even then Souray a whole lot bigger and remember the game Colby Armstrong(Penguins) elbowed Koivu? And who was it who fought him for Koivu?! Sou-Ray!!! And who Cares about Hannan? If we lose Souray we need another defeceman/forward with a big body and a rocket of a shot!!!! That’s all I have to say and I’m only 13!
    All hail the new “Rocket” Richard!
    And Crosby? Come on what’s wrong with some of you guys, huh!?

40. If Gainey doesn’t sign a free agent or make a trade for one to improve the team this year, I will fucking scream. I don’t always agree with some of you people on this site but I want results NOW!! I want Montreal to be a cup contender in the next year or so. If they do not make any moves, I will be pissed off. Come on Gainey, we have 19 million in cap space and that can be used to get Briere, Gomez and maybe a cheaper player. We need someone like Scott Gomez. I like his style of play and he would fit in nicely with the Canadiens. We NEED someone this year and not a piece of shit like Samsonov. He was a fucking crybaby like that pussy Kovalev and those players should never wear the CH ever again.

Ziman

41. #41 joshtm says:
    June 29, 2007 at 2:14 pm

I had to laugh at the habs web site. As if Gainey would even consider spending that kind of hard cash, he might on his mistakes, I could see Gainey giving both Dandenault and Bouillon serious cash, but not spending on Smyth etc….

42. #42 joshtm says:
    June 29, 2007 at 4:06 pm

Oh no, 6 million more dollars for Gainey to waste on used, broken down players like Cullimore and Salamander.

43. #43 habs4ever says:
    June 29, 2007 at 6:18 pm

I would really like to see Gainey clear up our mess on defence 1st, with Souray out we are not looking good on the back end at all. I would like to see 7-8 mill infested on 2 solid D, number one priority, then we can get into the forward talk later, briere at 7mill is silly and gomez at 6-7 is even more ridiculous. I would like Handzus and a big tough winger, take a flyer on bert or something. I dunno. Ridding of kovalev would be great if were gonna pursue somebody. I think this years FA crop is weak. Drury at 6mill hahaha. I even heard 8mill, are ppl crazy? He’s a 2nd tier FA not an elite player by any means. I like handzus. Peca could b ok if healthy, which is unlikely.
    So were in a pickle here. Getting kovy off the books would be my 2nd priority.
    Ideas? any low risk high reward signings you would like to see. I think we will not be big players in the top FA market, I think we could make a few 2nd tier FA moves tho. Philly making these silly contracts is gonna make teams struggle to get under the cap if they want any top FA’s

44. #44 habs4ever says:
    June 29, 2007 at 6:21 pm

*invested

45. I don’t really care anymore, the rumour has it that if Souray leaves, we might get Brian Refalski in return. Souray has a great shot but Spezza,crosby and briere just danced all around him in the defensive zone, and hat’s why Markov was first to be signed, because he plays Offence and Defence. Souray is my favorite Defencemen, but I love my habs more than Souray, and Refalski is better. I feel defence is not the issue, I think it’s the players that are not playing up to their best ability. Kovalev, Niinima(will be gone),Aebicher(will be gone) etc. the habs got bitten last year and I don’t think Bob’s doing another mistake agian. Souray, if he leaves big deal, just look at our defence, I don’t see a weekness.

46. Ah, its the racist,habs4ever,
    I’m glad you had time for your last post considering how busy you are as a prision garde at the French consentration camp you worship at,fool. I’m half french canadian fucker and one big tough motherfucker at that! So lets set up a meeting pencil dick and you can voice your opinions to a french canadian ,mano o mano, shit for brains and I’ll beat some brains into your stupid red-neck,retarded poor excuse for a canadiens fan,you thick sculled goof!!!!! As we get closer to Canada day ,you best remember both english and french stood side by side, some lived some died,for you country and your freedoms,of which you like to abuse,eh,eat shit and shut-up,goof!!!!ANYTIME

47. To other Hab fans,my post# 45 ,was a reply to a little idiot “habs4ever”and in reference to his post#117″montreal canadiens 2007 entry draft”. We have the best country in the world,a world that needs us and looks at us for direction and I will never let uneducated fools like habs4ever get away with that garbage statement!!!

48. #48 MadManPaddy says:
    June 30, 2007 at 12:56 am

Xhabsfan…..whoa buddy boy…that was some statement!!! I feel ya but really not worth your time. Attention to stupidity only fuels further
    ignorance…remember that…know what I mean?

Now habs4ever…..I read the post that Xhabsfan is referring to….keep the bullshit racist crap outta here…there is NO room for it…Okay?

As for ideas to your last post….I have said in past posts that Jason Allison would be a good fit for Montreal…he is a big centre as they need and can dish it out from time to time. Yes…I know….he’s slow as molasses…..whatever…he is still almost a PPG player and…..surprise…..Montreal does not have one of those and hasn’t for a longtime!! Think about it…..if he played a full season and put up 75-82 pts….and we only had to pay him $1-$1.5 mil…….why not??!! We wasted $3.5mil. for 1 year on Sammy!! I think Allison would fit your “low risk, high reward” description. Don’t you?

As for your thoughts that we will not be big players for a top UFA…mark my words…..Briere ends up a Hab….I don’t like the idea as he is way too small but I think it’ll happen…Bob loves this kid and I think it’ll come down to a bidding war between Philly and Montreal and strangely enough, Briere will win and be 7 Million dollars richer???

Any thoughts Xhabsfan, Pepto, Ziman, habs4ever, joshtm, nigelski, anyone else????

49. Yo Paddy,hope your having a great friday nite. Sorry I let little Hitler get to me,I’m on the look out for bone head statments concerning race and religion, could be cause the other half of me is Jewish.lol. Yep ,I think your rite about Briere coming to the Canadiens which means we got to let go of our soft deadbeats and deadbeats alltogether. I don’t know if there is room for Saku and Briere, and I feel a big trade coming up to those concerns. My problem with it is I don’t think Gainey understands that if you got a really small team ,you need really big protection”Cris Simon”and such,cause If we make it to the play-offs”the real season were the rules change”were going to need to double up on the paramedics in the Bell center.And if we loose SOURAY,”TOP PIC”???????????????????????

50. #50 habs4ever says:
    June 30, 2007 at 8:27 am

Racist, are you guys simple? I stated earlier we shouldn’t be looking to sign players solely because they’re french, which we have done in the past. xhabsfan came on with the big stink about how quebecois deserve a french superstar, bullshit. They deserve a superstar, if he happens to be french. I’m all for it. My post 117 was a little out of hand, but when your talking to retards like xhabsfan sometimes you get carried away.
    As to your Allison post. I think he could be a good pp specialist and at 1.5 mill prolly is ok. Only problem we already have playmaking ability on the pp, we need someoe who cn pick up the trash like bertuzzi not necessarily bert, but someone with some of his skill sets. Big net crashing power forward. I’m not opposed to Allison, but allison alone doesn’t help much IMO