Sh*t Kicked Lightning in town

• If you got to see or hear another great quote from Tampa Coach John Torterella you’d know he’s not a happy man.

You’d also know he’s bringing Montreal native, NHL leading scorer Vincent Lecavalier and the rest of the Lightning to play the Habs tonight.

So how will the Lightning react? It has potential to be a blow out either way. Seeing as the Habs are coming off a sh*t kicking of their own.

Now the question is, who do you think is better at motivating his troops? Tortorella or Carbonneau?

1. Well, it ertainly is not Carbonneau, thats for sure.

The leafs spanked Tampa but I bet Montreal will struggle. Tampa will not get two spankings in a row.

I know that I bicth and I am negative all the time, but I just want a winning team DAMNIT…………

December 11, 2007 at 3:38 pm

I wonder who carbo will blame tonight?

3. YUPEE I bet.

He will say that Yuppe is a distraction to the players……….

4. #4 johnnyhab says:
    December 11, 2007 at 4:42 pm

all the fan’s at the game should chant we want Vinny!

5. I can see that happening…which would be a really unusual thing to see.

December 11, 2007 at 4:57 pm

That would be great if the fans did that.Might send a message to management but then again maybe not

December 11, 2007 at 4:59 pm

Hopefully some fans that are going to the game read this and starts the chant lol

8. #8 habs2010 says:
    December 11, 2007 at 5:51 pm

Better still. If the habs are losing, chant “WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK”!
    Gainey, improve this team or we’ll demonstrate at the Bell Centre, and it won’t be pretty. Anyone want to form a group to protest at the Bell?

9. #9 patrick says:
    December 11, 2007 at 7:56 pm

or you could cheer and support the team

10. The Habs have got to be the only team that can’t finish. So many chances squandered…continue to make the other goalie look so good. Let’s go…get going…these are important games.

11. Boy do I know this team or what.

I said that Tampa would not be spanked two games in a row.

I said that Montreal will struggle to get a point.

Every team that the Leafs beat with ease, Montreal struggles with and most time looses.

The Leafs are a better team than the Habs. The leafs have more heart.

This team is just shameful.

Both goals high over Price’s shoulder. The teams have Price figured out already. Shoot high…..

12. Win one loose two. Win one loose two.

That is the trend for the Habs.

This is another sad season.

Why support this crap. We have down this crap for 15 years already.

Tough love boys tough love.

13. #13 BarrieHabFan says:
    December 11, 2007 at 11:39 pm

Hey DTD, give the whole Price sucks thing a break! Those were not bad goals. And Price really is that strong down low that it’s only natural that players will opt for shooting high. Two goals against in regulation and you bitch? This is his first year in the NHL and how old is he? A little early to be so down on the future of the franchise don’t you think?

14. Open your Bloody eyes Man.

I did not say that Price sucks. I’m just pointing out what every other team sees. He has a weakness. And if he does not get this under control now he will be ruined.

15. #15 habs phan says:
    December 12, 2007 at 12:00 am

Should i start getting excited when the habs make it to overtime??? What a joke!!! 1 point, 1 point, 1 point.

16. This fu@king sucks and we fans are as responsible as anyone for this farce of a hockey team by accepting its lack of everything!!!” THIS IS THE STORIED MONTREAL CANADIENS AND WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THIS CHAREST JEWELL IS AS UN ACCEPATBILE AS THE DIMMING LITE THAT SHINES ON IT!!!!” RICHARD CRIES TONITE AND THATS NOT RIGHT……SHAMEFULL….EMBARRISING…..DISCUSTING…..

17. #17 windycity habsfan says:
    December 12, 2007 at 1:04 am

It has been very depressing to watch this team lately. They just seemed so slow out there. I’m shocked when they actually can get the puck out of their own zone and complete two passes without the other team intercepting or deflecting the pass. Once again a strong start in the beginning of the season to get our hopes up but fall apart as usual later on. Not looking forward to the flyers and maple leafs game.

18. #18 BarrieHabFan says:
    December 12, 2007 at 11:16 am

DTD, open your bloody eyes! Check the third thread of the Candy Canes post, then get back to me and tell me what you said.

19. Ok. Habs Fans lets have a monment of prayer…. Bow your heads…………

Lord our heavenly father please give us the strength to continue to be Habs Fans. Please dear Lord help this organization to make the right moves to bring us a winning team again. Please forgive Carbo Lord, for he knows not what he does. Please bless all of the Hab fans in here and everywhere even BarrieHabFan.

Amen.

20. Here is what I said:

Price is turning out to be a major disapointment.

Price being overated is an understatment.

I used to look forward to see Price in net. But now I shutter to see him play.

HE is a big boy but he is always on his knees. Every goal is over his shoulders.

Where did I say that he Sucked?

21. BarrieHabFan:

I CAN’T HEAR YOU…………….

22. #22 MrBigTime says:
    December 12, 2007 at 11:35 am

Our team cannot keep up… It’s funny how you look at every other team in the NHL (with the exception of Nashville maybe) that you can easily pick out the best / franchise player. We have Kovalev… who loves to play the power play, but shuts it down for most of the game, until the next powerplay.

I was really upset about not being able to see the Habs in HD (Rogers sucks)… but watching this on TSNHD last night, almost made it look worse… I really have trouble seeing us make the playoffs with these players… RYDER HAS TO GO! SOONER THE BETTER!! (but who would take him???)

23. #23 MrBigTime says:
    December 12, 2007 at 11:38 am

On the flip side… Plekanec gets better with every game, and I really like O’Byrne (horrible play on goal #2, but sh*t happens)

Throw us a bone here Gainey… at least let us know you trying to dream up a deal… Someone stop this 13 years of bleeding

24. #24 BarrieHabFan says:
    December 12, 2007 at 12:44 pm

Price….overrated is an understatement…..major disapointment. I may be paraphrasing but suck is basically what you’re saying. What I’m saying is net is not where team troubles are. Many people thought Patrick Roy was weak in the five hole and some said up high. All goalies have an area where they are susceptible and this is a result of the playing style. Price is very strong down low and as a result shooters will go high. Most goals that go in high on him are good shots. I won’t debate that there are a few that other goalies would have stopped, but other saves that he makes look routine are actually quite difficult and would have been let in by other goalies. Now, I’m not saying Price is not open to constructive critisism. What I am saying is he should only be critisized when he has actually done something wrong and perhaps some allowance whould be given to him considering the circumstances (Huet injury, age, experience in NHL). Or we could do it your way and criticize him and point out all his weaknesses, tell him he’s been a major disappointment and is overrated and be surprised when a few years down the road he no longer wants to play in Montreal, goes to another city and wins a stanley cup.
    I think I’d rather keep my critisism aimed at those who really deserve it right now.

25. BarrieHabFan:

I love Price to death. I don’t mean to be so hard on him. I watched his play in Hamilton last year, I was there for all playoff games and he don’t deserve to be on this shitty team, he needs a team that can play in front of him to make him the star he can really be. This team does not have the talent to make Price a star.

If he stays here with the Habs he will be ruined………

December 12, 2007 at 1:16 pm

Bravo , but he will come back with more of the same and blame Price … say bye bye to #11 , I am pretty sure his time has come and gone here in Montreal , good luck Saku where ever you end up … and I mean that, He will be better off somewhere as a second line center … San Jose with Rivet maybe ? P.Marleau looks like a good deal right now…

27. Bravo , but he will come back with more of the same and blame Price.

What do U mean by that.

28. #28 Scoutch says:
    December 12, 2007 at 1:52 pm

I’m with BarrieHabFan on this one. Letting in 2 goals in 60 minutes against a team with that caliber of shooters is nothing to criticize. Our lack of finishing plays IS something to criticize. Also, a coach that prefers to punish talented players who aren’t played well instead of encouraging them is another problem. Lastly, if Carbo left the lines alone for a game or two we might be able to find some chemistry apart from what we’re seeing on the 2nd line (which should be the 1st line, but that’s another argument). A trade at some point might help, but I think what we really need is a real coach with some experience… Carbo’s gotta go.

December 12, 2007 at 2:41 pm

“What do U mean by that.”

What’s the matter do you not understand proper english? You will be back with more of the same, its rather easy to see. A wise man once said when you have nothing nice to say , say nothing. You can however point the finger to where the real blame might be, a Captain that can’t play over 18 minutes a game, can’t score, and can’t seem to motivate his troops. I think it is time for him to move on.

30. Hello to U too DON……………

31. Don’t beat a dead horse DON.

32. #32 patrick says:
    December 12, 2007 at 4:16 pm

Okay, at the forefront of trade considerations has to be salary cap, if we’re to bring in a top tier forward we have to be prepared to move that same salary value. One suggestion I have not seen here is to trade one of our better defensemen, a position we actually have some depth in. I suggest trading Hamrilik (sp?), he along with a prospect/picks (or Ryder if anyone would take him) could clear the required space. Roman’s played well, and there’re many teams that would like to have him. Maybe Roman/Chipchura with picks for a decent centre (move Pleks to the wing) and a veteran defenseman. ANy thoughts here?

33. Guys you have to admitt that the whole game Tampa was dodging penalties. Montreal should have gotten like 10 powerplays and montreal probably would have scored on like 7 of them so that would have made it 9-2 habs. Evertime montreal got the puck they were tripped,slashed,hooked,crosscheck(koivu) etc. But I know we didn’t show up until the last 3 minutes of the third.

34. #34 habsofthefuture says:
    December 12, 2007 at 7:23 pm

Well boyz they called up Sergei Kostitsyn this could be a good addition to the team,i watched him in the pre season and he has some good skills.He got the game winner in overtime it was nice,very nice.LOL
    On the down side huet is due to comeback against the leafs and as much as i think he is a good goalie,he stinks against the maple lafs.
    What do u guys think?

35. #35 orilliaborn says:
    December 12, 2007 at 7:30 pm

Will people at the Bell Centre quit singing that incessant, obnoxious song they sing near the end of the game, the one that comes just before the other team scores to tie it up and then go on to win. This song makes my blood boil. It drips in smugness and overconfidence and it makes me wanna puke.

36. #36 habster says:
    December 12, 2007 at 8:30 pm

I think the time has come for a major change. Gainy may have to be the first to go.There can be no exuses anymore. The playing field is now fair. Money is no longer an issue now that there is a salary cap. Now it comes down to who is the smartest general manager.Gainy i sugest you do something before your number is retired or it will be a disappointing night for you

37. Word is that the Kostitsyn brothers will play on the third line with Dandenault.

They’re going to call it the

Dandy pair of Tits line

38. #38 habs2010 says:
    December 12, 2007 at 9:26 pm

The only reason Kostistyn is being called up, is because Gainey refuses to make a trade.He’d rather sit on his hands and sleep thru the year. Yeah pretty soon we’ll be calling the habs the Montreal bulldogs, because we have all their players,and we now look like an AHL team on the ice. Just change the CH to a bulldog!

39. Again,nobody wants our players in trade talks cause they are infected with looseritis and that will cause MAD FAN disease and french press rumorbug.

40. go habs go.habs all the way.all u guys r negative.

41. hey

42. #42 Habs#1 says:
    December 13, 2007 at 1:10 pm

Congrats to PK Subban on making the Canadian World Juniors along with Paciorrety making the US squad. Too bad Ryan White got cut from the Canadian Squad but it was expected considering the depth the squad every year. Interesting cuts from the squad though like Keeton Elerby, Ty Wishart and Price’s backup last year Leeland Irving.

And who got cut for the third year in a row? Local boy Angelo Esposito get’s cut in favor of two guys who haven’t even been drafted yet in the forms of John Tavares and, the guy I want the Habs to tank it to get, Steve Stamkos. Can you say Espo lived off of Alexander Radulov?

43. Can’t wait to watch Subban.

44. #44 coutNY says:
    December 13, 2007 at 1:59 pm

S Kostitsyn top Line with Koivu and Higgins…. Pine_Ryder in the pressbox.