Strong Road Start

• The Canadiens won their second consecutive road game earning them 5 out of a possible 6 points to start the season. Almost perfect against difficult teams to play against in their own building.

The Habs sliding into the post season last year had much to do with their strong start in which they had a .750 winning percentage after 10 games. It hasn’t quite been 10 games yet but there is a positive vibe in the air and the team confidence is building early.

David Aebischer played very well again keeping the Flyers off the board for most of the game. It’s hard not to stick with the hot hand for Saturday’s game against the Sens but it is the very beginning of the season and Huet should see action sooner rather than later to stay warm and involved.

Alex Kovelev and his linemates got the monkey of their back at least for the time being with an important goal.

Ryder and Higgins cashed in their opportunities putting the Habs up and finishing the Flyers off with early and late goals.

The 4th line also played well when they got ice time and Latendresse is gradually getting up to NHL speed.

Ken Hitchcock faced off against Carbonneau as a Head Coach, but it wasn’t very long ago that Hitchcock himself coached Guy Carbonneau and Kirk Muller.

Hitchcock’s thoughts on Carbonneau as a coach 6 years ago.

Looks like he was right. 1-0 Guy.

1. Now lets see if we win at home :)

Either way a blinding start to the season, and a damn sight better than Carolina. I guess wining it all dont mean you gunna be great next year!

2. #2 Jack Tornton says:
    October 12, 2006 at 1:44 pm

I’m really concern ’bout our defence…[Seriously concern]
    What’s poppin with all the efforts they contributed last year?? They don’t seem to take the game to serious. As for the wins I’m dead happy, but I wanna watch a game where we dominate the whole game. I mean a game like detroit won: 9-2…That will get into the game. And as Latendresse is concern I think we should upgrade him to atleast the 3rd line. He has alot to show us.

3. #3 Diessed says:
    October 12, 2006 at 1:48 pm

The Canadians r softttttttttt…..They shouldnt have traded Riberio…LEAFS R DA BESTTTTTTT

4. #4 Michael Myer says:
    October 12, 2006 at 1:51 pm

osman youre soft

5. The Habs r soft??????Shouldnt of traed Ribeiro???????? Talk about contradiction!

Hey D you seem to be one confused fella, although after your Leafs comment I understand that you may have some sort of disorder so I wont give you a hard time there buddy.

6. #6 habzman says:
    October 12, 2006 at 2:46 pm

when is boullion (sp) coming back?
    Why is it that if you are listening to the game and you hear the word “turnover” that Souray’s name is either before or after it?

7. Not released a date as of yet, just under ‘indefinitely’ – could be any time.

October 12, 2006 at 4:00 pm

Hey D if you want to talk about something soft look no further than carlo coliacavo’s head or your small dick loser hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

9. @ D

Since it would seem that the leaf’s fans (All 14 of you that are left!) Have no alternative but to come to the Habs blog and spew your dumbfounded, biased, inconsequential and ignorant opinions… Since, I suppose, the leaf’s blog page is as flowing as my great grandmother’s Bowel after a turkey dinner…I feel it necessary to get the record straight once and for all! Your team sucks! Your town sucks! Your opinions suck and last but not least you and the rest of the LEAF ingrates that infest this blogsite like a bunch of aids infected parasitic fudgepackers all SUCK! So try to understand this none of us give a bucket of horse piss what you write! And when you get off the bus in Montreal once again coming where you’re not welcome, disturbing the peace with your bloody “GO LEAFS GO!” chant! And with your stupid faces painted (although probably an improvement!) you actually embarrass yourselves. No,
    Really! WE ARE ACTUALLY LAUGHING AT YOU! And just some of us …on the radio, in the newspaper, everyone here LAUGHS AT YOU! And I’m sure like the ugly girl at the dance, who’s parents have convinced her she’s a knockout…You’ll continue to live in denisle!!! C’EST la vie! (Whew do I feel better!) and ummm…GO HABS GO!!!

10. #10 Michael Myer says:
    October 12, 2006 at 5:01 pm

Doesn’t anyone knows any Leafsblog???? That would be interesting! lol! I’ll visit them sometimes!

October 12, 2006 at 5:05 pm

LOL JAY I DONT REALLY NO WHAT TO SAY AFTER THAT LOL.I thought my post was great intill i read yours hahahahahahahaha way to funny great post

12. #12 Jack Tornton says:
    October 12, 2006 at 11:45 pm

Michael Myer:

I was think about it too! Does anyone know if there is a leaf blog where you can pass by and leave a message without being registered?

13. Thankfully no. WE don’t want their kind having a place for opinions! Its beyond ridiculous!

14. Easy, Jay! Call off the dogs. Don’t you know that making fun of Leaf’s fans is akin to making fun of the mentally challenged? It really doesn’t look good when it is done publicly! We should keep our conversations on a higher level here. Diessed probably just feels bad that his team blew a three goal lead last night to end up losing in a shootout. While quite rightly he should get used to losing, he is probably still just a little angry about it.

Diessed. There, there! It’s still the “Leaf’s nation” after all. At least that it is what you and all the other losers at the CBC (Don Cherry, Ron MacLean, Bob Cole and Harry Neale) keep trying to tell the rest of this country.

15. #15 CH tattooed on the heart says:
    October 13, 2006 at 12:10 pm
  16. The Canadiens have reportedly offered Andrei Markov a 4 year extension deal worth 10 million dollars. Markov has asked for 16 millions, and negociations seem to be steering closer to the number 12. No new deal reached yet.

17. #18 Hector says:
    October 13, 2006 at 6:43 pm

Markov is the guy who logs the most ice-time in Montreal every night. He plays the powerplay, the penalty-kills, he is double shifted at times when we are down a goal or holding a slim lead by the end of a period.

Last year, when Markov didn’t play Montreal was well under .500, when he did play, we were well over .500.

Thus, I wouldn’t mind giving him 14 million for 4 years. Thats 3.5 million a year. Lidstrom makes more than double that.

18. Going to the game tonight, I understand that Heut is getting the call!(understandable) I just hope I feel that way AFTER the game!!!Any predictions on the game tonight guys..Mine = MTL 4 OTT 2

19. Why are there Leafs fans on this blog and insulting us?