The Final Stretch

• The Habs have just six games remaining in their regular season schedule. The battle for the playoffs is fierce and involving several teams rather than just a couple.

The Canadiens take on the Rangers tonight and once more before the season’s end. Needless to say the team that does better in those meetings is going to have a better chance at the post-season.

Both teams are coming in hot, the Rangers with the NHL’s hottest goalie are riding a 5 game winning streak. The Habs accomplished their job of beating the non-contending teams and will face a stiffer challenge in the last stretch.

6-0 to finish the year would be ideal, but improbable. A record of 4-2 might be what the Habs need to slide into one of the remaining spots. As long as those victories include the games against the Rangers and Leafs. As always, the extra point can and will continue to haunt the Canadiens who without that rule, would currently be above Carolina in the standings.

If the Habs do lose, the Ottawa and Buffalo games would be the place to do it without giving up too much ground. Although the Habs have challenged against Buffalo in nearly every game this year.

There’s simply too many options, too many potential results and outcomes involving too many teams. The season will probably come down to the last game of the year in Toronto. Maybe even the day after as the Islanders will play their final game on the following Sunday.

Bottom line, the playoffs are attainable. If the Canadiens focus and win their important games, the rest will take care of itself. It’s for them to earn and prove they belong.

Three teams will be in, and three will miss by a hair. Victory, and bitter bitter defeat.

Either way, this is exciting. This is what hockey’s all about. The best time of year for hockey starts tonight and the Bell Centre will be jumping.

1. R HABS 4 REAL,TAKE A PILL FOR THAT ,WOULD YOU, ALLMOST EVERY GAME DUDE,CUT IT OUT OR SAVE IT FOR THE MIDDLE OF THE THIRD! DAM !

2. #2 The Truth says:
    March 27, 2007 at 8:26 pm

Hey, that’s why it’s a 60 minute game and not 20.

40 good minutes can overcome a 2 goal deficit. The next goal is crucial.

3. #3 Gui-Unit says:
    March 27, 2007 at 8:27 pm

They better have a good second period!

4. #4 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    March 27, 2007 at 8:30 pm

R HABS 4 REAL:

I’m on your side dude. I agree with you 100%. No one can accept that the Habs can’t beat a good team. I give Montreal one more win this year maybe they will beat Boston….

Every one else in here are in denile..

5. #5 R habs 4 real says:
    March 27, 2007 at 8:33 pm

Oh, BTW: Lundquist has given up a total of 17 goals over the last 9 games!
    2 shutouts in 2 of the last 3 games. Right now,he’s better than Brodeur.

6. #6 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    March 27, 2007 at 8:36 pm

The Leafs win will be for nothing cause we can’t beat NY.

I went against my principles to hope that Toronto would win. Damn you Habs. Damn you.

7. holy shit boy’s were back, hahahahahahah

8. #8 R habs 4 real says:
    March 27, 2007 at 8:39 pm

Sorry guys for the rant. I needed to vent. I’m sure you understand my frustrations.

9. #9 OncEaHaB says:
    March 27, 2007 at 8:39 pm

Hey R Habs and Canadiens-Dawg, you have something on your faces.

I think its egg.

10. #10 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    March 27, 2007 at 8:39 pm

HOLY SHIT BATMAN……….WHAT HAPPENED

11. I GOT NO EGGS ON MY FACE ,YOU ?? LOL

12. #12 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    March 27, 2007 at 8:42 pm

Yes you are right. A call a spade a spade. I do have egg on my face (for now). It is pretty runny too.

13. #13 OncEaHaB says:
    March 27, 2007 at 8:44 pm

Well at least your a man and can own up… I think its about time you two wiped it off and started cheering again!!!!! WE’RE WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO HABS GO!

14. NO,NOW ITS RUNNY, LOL ,WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. #15 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    March 27, 2007 at 8:45 pm

The leafs are on fire.

That Cam Ward. last year he was shit hot playing Montreal. This year he can’t stop a beach ball. Ummmm. He reminds me of Theodre.

16. #16 The Truth says:
    March 27, 2007 at 8:48 pm

See what I said!

17. #17 The Truth says:
    March 27, 2007 at 8:50 pm

5-1 Leafs. Wow. Does everyone still hope that Halak plays like Ward?

18. Hey ,Dawg and 4REAL,KEEP THAT SHIT UP AND THE HABS WILL BLOW EM OUT OF THE BELL CENTER,LOL

19. #19 Dan Im Fed UP says:
    March 27, 2007 at 8:53 pm

Joshtm, shut the ^%&* up! BAck on the wagon?

20. #20 OncEaHaB says:
    March 27, 2007 at 8:54 pm

Holy Sh!t boys!!!! Someone lit a fire under their collective @$$es… If they had played this way during the first period, the score would be 4-0!

GO HABS GO!

21. #21 Dan Im Fed UP says:
    March 27, 2007 at 8:55 pm

4-2!!!!

22. #22 The Truth says:
    March 27, 2007 at 8:56 pm

Where is Joshtm? Who are these guys?

23. WERE GOING TOO THE PLAYOFFS, DUDES

24. #24 OncEaHaB says:
    March 27, 2007 at 8:59 pm

I totally agree Tricolour! The kids have lit the fire and are going to take it all the way to the playoffs! Man did they step up their game or what? THIS IS EXCITING HOCKEY!

GO HABS GO!

March 27, 2007 at 8:59 pm

GO HABS GO GO HABS GO

Everything is going right tonight all the right teams are leading !!!!!!!!!!!

26. #26 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    March 27, 2007 at 9:00 pm

NOW DON’T JINX US DUDE…

27. #27 OncEaHaB says:
    March 27, 2007 at 9:01 pm

F_ck these refs are garbage! Man are they sh!tting the bed or what!

On a positive note, Halak is looking great! He seems very calm for such an important game.

GO HABS GO!

28. #28 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    March 27, 2007 at 9:05 pm

See boys Me and R Habs, we use reverse Phychology..LOL..

Dat where you say one thing and want something else…

29. #29 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    March 27, 2007 at 9:08 pm

HOLY F_CKING SHIT WOW, WOW, WOW………

30. #30 OncEaHaB says:
    March 27, 2007 at 9:08 pm

Good to hear DAWG!

GOAL!!!!!!!!! Man its nice to see the vets step up on the PP and put another one in the back of the net!

This is the team that we saw at the start of the season. They are definately showing the desire we’ve all missed for so long!

GO HABS GO!

31. #31 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    March 27, 2007 at 9:09 pm

HOLY F_CKING SHIT WOW, WOW, WOW………

WE HAVE TO PLAY LIKE THIS IN THE 3RD AND NOT SLACK OFF OR PLAY DEFENSEIVE. WE HAVE TO STILL TAKE IT TOO THEM.

DON’T LET UP BOYS GO,GO,GO……….

32. I’ve got that Canadiens old time feeling,Halak WOW!!

33. #33 OncEaHaB says:
    March 27, 2007 at 9:13 pm

I have to say, this is the best single period of hockey I’ve seen the Habs play all season! Good on them!

Piss on the refs.

34. #34 OncEaHaB says:
    March 27, 2007 at 9:17 pm

I’m thinking maybe Komisarek and Shanahan should enter dancing with the stars together… Wasn’t that beautiful!

lol

35. #35 Steven greenslack says:
    March 27, 2007 at 9:25 pm

The hockey stars are aligning in Montreal tonight. Everything that could be going well is going well. Florida’s beating Tampa, Toronto’s beating Carolina, New Jersey’s beating NY Islanders, and Montreal is gushing with effort.

Beautiful.

Don’t want to jinx it.

What? Ryder hooks on a five on three?

36. 5 goal 2nd,oh yeah baby!!!!

37. #37 OncEaHaB says:
    March 27, 2007 at 9:30 pm

I hope this team shows up for every game for the rest of the season. Then I hope they show up for every game of the playoffs. If they do, we’ll have number 25. Man, do they look great or what? This could be a new system they could start playing: Heart and effort! Drop a few penalties and they will be a juggernaut in the post season. Oh ya baby!

GO HABS GO!

38. #38 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    March 27, 2007 at 9:32 pm

Henrik Lundqvist was pulled. Wow. There goes his Goals against Avg.

Holy Shit the Leafs are leading 6-1. I guess they are planning the CUP parade down Yonge St. in June..

39. #39 R habs 4 real says:
    March 27, 2007 at 9:34 pm

Well, maybe I should vent more often, because when I do, the habs listen, and start to play. I’m sorry, but I do get very involved, and probably too upset. I guess I love this team so much, that I can’t accept defeat or lack of effort.I’ll try and tone it down tho.
    But can someone please explain to me why we start off every game so poorly? I know Koivu said, that the team plays better when they’re behind. But why make it so difficult on yourself? Anyways it does help when it happens at home. On the road it would be more difficult.
    Ok, so Florida won, leafs are going to beat Carolina, and NYI are losing to NJ. So for a change maybe we’ll gain some ground. TB and NYI seem to have goaltending problems. i think leafs really have a good chance to get in. Possible for both leafs and habs?

40. #40 OncEaHaB says:
    March 27, 2007 at 9:41 pm

R Habs.. We understand, we all get emotional about the team we love! I would suggest tho that we save the “sky is falling” talk for after the game. The ‘new’ NHL means that things can change in a few minutes, let alone with two periods left. Things are looking up, lets keep cheering our boys on to victory!

GO HABS GO!

41. #41 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    March 27, 2007 at 9:53 pm

Halak screened again……….

42. #42 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    March 27, 2007 at 9:54 pm

See they are slacking off…….Playing that defenseive shit again…

43. #43 OncEaHaB says:
    March 27, 2007 at 9:56 pm

DAWG, I hope that is that reverse psychology stuff at work again….

44. #44 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    March 27, 2007 at 10:00 pm

THIS GAME WAS IN THE F_CKING BAG. MONTREAL’S STUPID F_CKING D-MEN…

SHAMEFUL

45. #45 OncEaHaB says:
    March 27, 2007 at 10:03 pm

Well remember what I said about ‘the sky is falling’….. This is definately not the same Habs that skated for the second period. They really need to push the offense. NYR won’t get any chances if the puck is in their end!!!

Come on boys, step it up for the finish.

GO HABS GO!

46. #46 The Truth says:
    March 27, 2007 at 10:04 pm

maybe the ice is tilted. What happened?

47. HEY RANGERS ,WHO’S YOUR DADDY ???

48. #48 steven greenslack says:
    March 27, 2007 at 10:09 pm

Whew. That goal felt nice. Murray Wilson was starting to get pissed off.

Kovalev’s fourth assist of the game. I think he’s made up for that penalty in the first.

49. AVERY’S GOING TO GET HIS ASS HANDED TO HIM THIS GAME OR NEXT.

50. #50 steven greenslack says: