Three More

• The Canadiens strong play, 6 wins out of the last 7 games, combined with the Maple Leafs choking so hard on the Big Apple have put them in a favorable spot.

Three games remain, one crucial home game against a weak team before hitting the road against the Rangers and the last dance of the year in Toronto.

The stage is set for Saturday to be potentially the biggest NHL game of the entire year, but the Canadiens can’t look that far ahead because the Bruins would love nothing more than spoiling the Canadiens chances.

If Carbonneau can keep the Canadiens focused on the task at hand, the rest should take care of itself.

Two more wins and maybe some more choking from the Leafs could make for a fun free skate in the Air Canada Centre on Saturday. More likely it will serve up a Darcy Tucker special, cheap shots and whine.

1. #1 The Duke says:
    April 3, 2007 at 12:12 pm

Good line on Tucker. What an ass-clown ! He’s an absolute joke outside of hockey circles here in Toronto. Did you see him on “Off The Record” last week ?. His answers on ‘rapid fire’ (?) were so banal and commonplace. Eg. “Next question….next question…next question”. Whoooo…sooo insightful. This is the face of the Maple Leafs for the next several years ?
    Wow, what an embarrasment. What a moron. And I am shocked that his ‘F%^(ING HOMO” insult that was heard on national tv a few weeks ago was not picked up by anybody. Look what it did for the reputation of Anne Coulter and that Isiah Washington dude from Grey’s Anatomy ! The gay community should be up in arms.
    That is not acceptable language. Shame on him. Shame of this joke of a franchise. Let’s get some breathing room between them and the beloved Habs before Saturday. Go Habitant !
    Toodles. The Duke in T.O.

2. #2 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    April 3, 2007 at 12:34 pm

I’ll, I’ll, I’ll Toast to ah, ah dat………Hickup, Hickup, Hickup.

I’m tipsy on Tuckers Whine already….. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD…..GO HABS GO..

3. #3 Alestar says:
    April 3, 2007 at 1:05 pm

“Tucker”….rhymes with…

4. #4 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    April 3, 2007 at 1:14 pm

Do you guys think that Halak will be under more pressure tonight to play better because Huet in on the bench as backup ???????

5. #5 Joshtm says:
    April 3, 2007 at 2:44 pm

Oh no, that means that Carbo would have no qualms in putting him in at the slightest slip of the skate, especially with Dandy and Bouilly basically playing like their usual crap selves! It is sad that we have great goalies, perhaps the best overall, not the best, but amongst the best anyway, only to have them destroyed by our own defense!

6. #6 Joshtm says:
    April 3, 2007 at 2:54 pm

There goes the happy times, back to the same old same old, Koivu hooking, Alexei’s elbow slipping, Huet letting in easy shots, next we await to see Bob Gainey sending all the rookies down to Hamilton!

7. #7 Joshtm says:
    April 3, 2007 at 2:59 pm

Who knew that Guy Carbo and Bob Gainey could destroy the habs chances so easily so quickly! And Guy or Bob hasn’t even called up Grabby or Milroy!

8. #8 Joshtm says:
    April 3, 2007 at 3:06 pm

By doing nothing and saying basically nothing, Guy has all but destroyed the habs! Talk about great skill. That is unless Lapierre and Latendress and of course Pleks and Bonk dig him out and Koivu or Kovalev get the winning goal! Go HABS GO!

9. #9 fan4066 says:
    April 3, 2007 at 3:11 pm

Joshtm,

You seem like such a happy child. Where did it all go wrong for you?

I’ve had hamstring problems playing hockey…a goalie at that, and I still believe that Huet should be sitting out the rest of the season. There is no way he will be able to play with playoff intensity….that hamstring needs more time to heal. He’s gonna screw his career doing this

10. #10 Joshtm says:
    April 3, 2007 at 3:21 pm

Geeze fan4066 I see you and Guy Carbo are classics at saying nothing, meaning nothing and yet destroying everything by doing exactly that, kinda like that embarrasing drunken auntie at X-mas!

But at least you get my point. Even Abby-shit would be better than seeing Huet injured again!

11. #11 Snake says:
    April 3, 2007 at 3:24 pm

Sometimes it is better to get your mouth shut. Hint HInt

NOw bring me some cigerettes and lets get busy.

12. #12 Joshtm says:
    April 3, 2007 at 3:35 pm

See fan4066 even Snake agrees, I agree too, sometimes it is better if Carbo kept his big mouth shut! That goes for Kovalev too! Honestly, I have never seen such a bunch of gripes! And they get paid handsomely for doing what?

Worse than complaining about those who complain about them complaining!

13. #13 softouch says:
    April 3, 2007 at 5:24 pm

Sorry to say but Josh takes up space, nothing more … Gainey is oneof the best minds in the game and Carbo is learning what needs to be learned …

The key 2nite for the players who have (almost) pulled this out of the fire to stay in the game … avoid penalties and keep most of the play in their end-zone … and shoot from everywhere …

14. #14 HaBz4EveR says:
    April 3, 2007 at 5:41 pm

Hey guys just wanted to add that there’s an article on the Habs ’93 playoff run on nhl.com, it’s even the first tab in the headlines!

Check it out, cuz it’ll probably be a real long time until you see the habs on the nhl.com headlines…

15. Lets eat bear ,oh ya!!! Game on!

16. #16 R habs 4 real says:
    April 3, 2007 at 7:30 pm

Hey guys, in this age of technology, you would think the habs could get paperwork to the NHL office in time. right? WRONG! So as a result of the habs error, Huet(tho ready), will NOT be the backup tonight, because they didn’t deliver the necessary paperwork on time. I hate to say this, and let’s hope it doesn’t happen, but what if Halak got injured or had a terrible start? we would be stuck with Abbyshit, bite my words. The habs should have gotten the paperwork in, no excuses! Especially because of the importance of this game!

17. #17 HaBz4EveR says:
    April 3, 2007 at 8:28 pm

Nice moves by Koivu, must be one of his nicest goals of the year!

18. #18 R habs 4 real says:
    April 3, 2007 at 9:16 pm

Our Defence is giving the bruins too many scoring chances. We need to tighten up the D, and put more pressure on them offensively. Our PP isn’t looking good, either! Remember, this is the Bruins, who have nothing to play for, yet they’re getting better scoring chances than us!

19. 2-2 PHILLY, HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA , EVERYONE SAY PLAYOFFS!!!!! OOOOOOH YEAHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Congrats to all Hab fans eveywhere,wooooooooo woooooooo woooooooo ,KOIVU,HALAT …OH YEAH BABY!!!!!

21. #21 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    April 3, 2007 at 10:21 pm

Those F_CKING Leafs. A nice time to get a powerplay goal eh. In OT. The Flyers Goalie was outstanding.

The Leafs have nothing to be proud of.

I have to listen to the F_cking Toronto Media brag about the Big win by the Leafs. Big win my F_cking ASS.

I really dislike the Leafs and thier media………

22. #22 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    April 3, 2007 at 10:25 pm

OH !!!

Excellent job in net kid. Halak should never have been taken out of net when he first started. We would have a playoff spot all wraped up now.

Way to go Halak & Kiovu …………….

Those Shitty Ass F_cking Leafs. F_CK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy it will be great when Montreal beats thier Asses Saturday Night……

23. #23 R habs 4 real says:
    April 3, 2007 at 10:27 pm

NYI won in a shootout, which means NYR haven’t clinched, and will make it tough on the habs on Thursday, and even tho NYI won, they’re eliminated, so they’re playing on Thursday for nothing. Damn it! Easy game for leafs, and tough game for the habs! Now I think all the breaks are going the leafs way.
    NYR will be playing hard, and NYI won’t! We have to find a way to beat NYR. We have no choice, and 1 point will not be good enough!

24. #24 R habs 4 real says:
    April 3, 2007 at 10:31 pm

My mistake. NYI have NOT been eliminated, so they will play hard against the leafs.

25. #25 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    April 3, 2007 at 10:44 pm

Canes are out of the playoffs.

TSN turns my stomach. Those goofs are so pro-Leafs. They are talking about the BIG win tonight. They barely beat the worst team in the NHL. Boy, that’s something to be proud of. They will have another 2 points come Thursday. Talk about a easy shedule. It makes me sick.

April 3, 2007 at 10:45 pm

Well the Canes are gone , out its over for them , does not happen to often the defending so called Champs dont make the playoffs the year after , gonna be a halluva game Saturday

27. #27 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    April 3, 2007 at 11:20 pm

Guess who’s in the headlines on TSN.ca ??? Yes, the almighty Leafs who just barely beat the woest team in the NHL.

God they make me SICK…………

28. Boycott TSN.ca,simple,you don’t ask …you tell,period.There’s a hole Internet of news ,sports and entertainment out there,just say NO to T.S.N.ca,fu@k -em !!!!

29. #29 HaBz4EveR says:
    April 3, 2007 at 11:42 pm

yeah if you wanna see the habs on the headline ALL the time go on rds.ca hehe… gotta know french tho! :D

30. #30 bossdj420 says:
    April 4, 2007 at 12:03 am

Fantastic game! what a way to end the season at home, end the series with Boston with a shutout! Halak impresses me more and more each game. He’s quick to his feet and looking more like ROY. That game on Saturday is going to be SICKKKK! I’ve had my tickets for that game since september!
    Anyone else on here going to the game as well?? My prediction 3-2 OT HABS!

31. #31 habs phan says:
    April 4, 2007 at 2:25 am

don’t you know??? TSN stands for “Toronto Sports Network” what a joke” RDS is the way to go!!!

32. #32 Darren Dreger says:
    April 4, 2007 at 3:34 am

I love the LEafs, they were fantastic in 67. WHo will ever forget the George Armstrong Empty netter to beat teh habs. THat is the greatest goal in NHL history. Andrew Raycroft is one of th top three netminders in the NHL. MCCabe is great defensively and Tucker has alot of class. I look like the back of a bus and I smell like Bob McKEnzie’s armpit. I suck.

33. #33 fan4066 says:
    April 4, 2007 at 7:16 am

I dawn my hat and jacket today in honor of our beloved Les Canadiens for the awesome win last night. Special thanks go out to Koviu and Halak for making this a special night for all us red,white & blues in Habs land

Well my fellow Habs fans, we got a big needed win last night. Since those bastard Mustard Leaves won as well. I say we play Halak for the duration and let lying dogs lye where they may till the end of our run this year.

And the Canes…..the Canes, Holy shit, I wasn’t sure I saw this coming! I thought the Lightning would bow out. Hats off to Vinny and the boys for screwing Carolina out of a playoff spot.

Saturday night is going to be nerve racking to watch

34. #34 nigelski says:
    April 4, 2007 at 7:26 am

Hey, Joshtm, your boy Koivu had a pretty good game…

35. #35 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    April 4, 2007 at 7:55 am

How come Joshtm is a “NO-SHOW” after the Habs win. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ??????

Well boys. It does not get any easier for us. NYR’s tomorrow night. We have to bring it boys, just bring it. Lock, Stock & barrell. There is some good news. If we loose tomorrow(Heaven Forbid we don’t)and the Laffs win, we still will make the post season when we beat the Laffs on Saturday.

Lets pray to the Hockey Gods for a Laffs loss tomorrow………..

36. #36 fan4066 says:
    April 4, 2007 at 8:26 am

Thats right DAWG…..thay have to beat us by points, because they CAN’T beat us by wins.

Its literally has come down to points now, and will be decided on this game, since TB clinched last night and the Canes were eliminated….Mustard Leaves and our beloved Canadiens are sandwiched right between them in the last game of the year…..OH MAN!!!

37. #37 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    April 4, 2007 at 8:53 am

Remember the game last Saturday night in TO. when the guy collasped. They had to revive him.

Well they better have a few paramedics there this Saturday night. Cause when the Habs win, a few of the Laffs top brass will need to be revived as well……

38. #38 fan4066 says:
    April 4, 2007 at 9:02 am

Holy Christ, I hope that no good for nothin GM Johnny Fergison JR. has a massive coronary and drops dead and slouches right over in his chair and that idiot Steve McKichan asshole tries to give him mouth to mouth…..thats the bomb right there man….thats the bomb!!!!

39. #39 Joshtm says:
    April 4, 2007 at 9:09 am

Hey I said Koivu or Kovalev would get the winning goal just to rub it in Carbo’s face, and after the way Carbo spoke of Koivu, that was just punishment to Carbo for Koivu to not only get the winning goal but both goals! Mind you, Sakku did suck the rest of the game, I have never seen so many misfires in my life, Saku got lucky not once but twice!

Dandenault and Bouillon sucked big time! And Kovalev and Ryder both had the greatest chances only to fan on each time!

40. #40 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    April 4, 2007 at 9:31 am

Fan4066, you are bad.

I hope he doesn’t die. Just revive him so he can see the loss again on TSN..

HA HA HA……..

41. #41 fan4066 says:
    April 4, 2007 at 9:46 am

DAWG, your bad too…..revive him….hhhmmm ,OK, then, strap him down to a chair, and make him watch the winning goal over & over & over again, and the BIG OL’ HABS CELEBRATING!!!!!! YYYAAAA BABY!!!! while the Laffs look on in disappointment

42. #42 Joshtm says:
    April 4, 2007 at 10:13 am

I hope the Habs win against the Rangers and beat the hell outa the Laffs if only to rub it in HNIC’s face! Take that Bob Cole! Take that Don Cherry! Pricks!!!!

43. #43 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    April 4, 2007 at 10:13 am

Fan4066: You just about made me piss my pants with your last comment.

Give him The Ulitmate Habs Torture. Duct tape his Ugly Ass to a chair and tape his eyes wide open. Make him look at the Habs winning goal over and over and over again while playing the Hab’s song. When he collapses shock him again & again & again.

By the way, how many times can you bring a person back from the dead ????

44. #44 Joshtm says:
    April 4, 2007 at 10:23 am

Never mind Ferguson, I say do that to all the TO media! Wouldn’t that be reality TV? Showing Don Cherry, and his sidekick the dog there, the ref wannabee and the entire TSN crew, all duct taped to their chairs and their eyes held open with toothpicks while the habs destroy the Laffs 10 to nothing on Saturday night!

45. #45 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    April 4, 2007 at 10:53 am

Now your talkin Joshtm. YEAH BABY YEAH…………How sweet it is.

No matter what the outcome Saturday night. The Laffs are just lucky to be where they are. Thanks to the OT. losses………..

46. #46 fan4066 says:
    April 4, 2007 at 11:04 am

Hey, you may have been asked this before, but, how do you guys feel about this OT 1 point shit anyway? I hate it, and ya the Laffs are lucky, you take away 1/2 of those….they don’t even factor in this race, I’de rather see the Canes there.

The new proposal is on the table to reduce the league from six divisions to four divisions organized according to timezones. The top two teams in each division are guaranteed a playoff spot while the next four in the conference have to duke it out. I don’t know if this is the best solution but it may be a lot more fair making it in

47. I just thought I’d bring up the Latendress fight ,I’d say that more than makes up for his skating ,I’d love to see the kid beat on the Sens Neil.That Lats will only get bigger,stronger and faster,a bad day for non Habs ! Also, I think Lapierre might of got under Chara’s skin ,taking him off his game. Oh yeah ,one more thing,KOIVUuuuuuuuuuu !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

48. #48 Joshtm says:
    April 4, 2007 at 11:10 am

I say make the original six into a division all by itself! Then we’d be guaranteed that the original six which have a hard time making the playoffs would also bring much needed revenues to the NHL!

49. #49 fan4066 says:
    April 4, 2007 at 11:23 am

I like it, it more fair, you fight for the other 3 spots,if you don’t, your out!!

Reducing the current six divisions to four, with two in the Eastern Conference and two in the Western Conference. There would be one eight-team division and one seven-team division in each conference.

The top two finishers in each division would be guaranteed the top four playoff seeds. The four other playoff qualifiers in each conference would be based on point totals.

EASTERN CONFERENCE
    • The Northern Division — which includes Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Buffalo, Boston Pittsburgh, Washington

• The Southern Division — New York Ranger, NY Islanders, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Carolina, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Florida

WESTERN CONFERENCE
    Pacific Division–Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Anaheim, Los Angeles, San Jose, Colorado, Phoenix

Central Division–Detroit, Nashville, Chicago, Minnesota, St. Louis, Dallas, Columbus

50. #50 Joshtm says:
    April 4, 2007 at 11:48 am

I prefer the original six, what was it? Hmmm…its so long now, but hey that would guarantee that TO gets a butt kicking every year at playoff time!