Three More

• The Canadiens strong play, 6 wins out of the last 7 games, combined with the Maple Leafs choking so hard on the Big Apple have put them in a favorable spot.

Three games remain, one crucial home game against a weak team before hitting the road against the Rangers and the last dance of the year in Toronto.

The stage is set for Saturday to be potentially the biggest NHL game of the entire year, but the Canadiens can’t look that far ahead because the Bruins would love nothing more than spoiling the Canadiens chances.

If Carbonneau can keep the Canadiens focused on the task at hand, the rest should take care of itself.

Two more wins and maybe some more choking from the Leafs could make for a fun free skate in the Air Canada Centre on Saturday. More likely it will serve up a Darcy Tucker special, cheap shots and whine.

1. #1 fan4066 says:
    April 4, 2007 at 12:24 pm

Picture it: the “O-6″

Its 65-66 season…Montreal beats the hell out of the Laffs 4-0, then go on to beat the Wings 4-2….that was good times…

2. #2 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    April 4, 2007 at 12:27 pm

I was jumping from NUT to NUT back then……………

3. #3 fan4066 says:
    April 4, 2007 at 12:33 pm

LMAO…you crack me up man!! But , ya, me too

4. #4 fan4066 says:
    April 4, 2007 at 12:42 pm

So this is looking like the possible matchups:

Prediction
    Buffalo vs MONTREAL Mtl 4-3
    New Jersey vs Tampa Bay NJ 4-1
    Atlanta vs NYR Atl 4-3
    Pittsburgh vs Ottawa Pit 4-2….

…..anybody disagree??

5. #5 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    April 4, 2007 at 12:44 pm

Fan4066, Are you my long lost Twin Brother…………. I’ve been searching For years.

6. #6 fan4066 says:
    April 4, 2007 at 12:51 pm

my mom said I had a brother that died at birth…..wait…that the soaps…is there a woman involved in this???

Wait…this is a Habs blog…..no wives aloud!!!

7. #7 coutNY_HabsFan says:
    April 4, 2007 at 12:58 pm

post #39 Joshtm – you’re a joke!

Koivu lucky…LOL

He was superior against an inferior Defense. He may have be fired up by what Carbo did in the previous game, he could of quit on Carbo, but instead he stepped up. Just because he mis-fired does not make him suck, it makes him a shooter and personally in this playoff atmosphere I want a shooter besides our youngsters… One can not score if one does not take the opportunity, even if it is a seemingly missed one. It is called pressuring your opponent!

I get that you do not like Koivu, his contract, or that he is the Captain, but NOT giving him credit when he single handedly beat the “B’s”, in one of the most important games, with probably 2 of the most charismatic goals scored all year by the team makes you sound like an idiot!

I am sure it hurts after cutting Koivu down so much when he had not performed the best, but step up and be a man. Admit you were wrong for once!

I am sure I’ll hear the same old Robot like response; “broken this, broken that�, “Carbo and Gainey suck�, and “we need to call-up more Hamilton guys�, so save the BS. I can just go back to your others…

GO HABS GO!

8. #8 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    April 4, 2007 at 1:11 pm

Fan4066. Mom lied to you. I’m not dead. I’m here typing to you my Brother. We have so much to talk about…………

I’m so happy I can just Shit……….

9. #9 nigelski says:
    April 4, 2007 at 1:14 pm

Glenn Healey is the guy who needs a beating the most. I’d love to see him get smoked at ice level by an errant stick or slapshot…Honorable mentions go out to Maguire, who never shuts up, MacLean, who still knows nothing, Kypreos for wanting to blow the entire NHLPA, and Claude Feig, for his name alone.

Anyone else bitter at the Score for our post-game correspondent? The guy looks like he’s wearin’ one of those novelty glasses/nose/’stache thingies. Sans ‘stache. I say we trade him straight up for Sara Orlesky, who puts a smile on my face whatever she’s saying…

10. #10 fan4066 says:
    April 4, 2007 at 1:15 pm

chew on this:

So, the NYR pound the piss outta the Laffs….the NYI then beat the NYR’s, so, then would it not stand to reason that they should have no problem beating the Laffs, right? NYR lost in Long Island, the Laffs play there tomorrow night. the NYI are 21-13-6 at home this yr. If the Laffs do lose to the NYI, and we win, there out and the NYR grab 8th.

If we beat the Rangers, we would jump into 7th ahead of the NYR , based on wins 43-41, and be up 3 points on the Laffs, therefore, Saturday night would not mean a bowl of shit then!

11. #11 fan4066 says:
    April 4, 2007 at 1:19 pm

I’m so happy I can just Shit……….

LMAO…you fool!!! lol

12. #12 coutNY_HabsFan says:
    April 4, 2007 at 1:22 pm

On Demand PPV showed the Boston version in the States ‘nigelski’, but I am with you on Sara Orlesky thing. Eventhough, I have only had the pleasure once, she was far better to watch than the other Ass clowns mentioned!

13. #13 coutNY_HabsFan says:
    April 4, 2007 at 1:25 pm

Fan4066, that would mean we’d face the Devils… I would almost like an 8th place for the 1st round????

14. #14 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    April 4, 2007 at 1:26 pm

So which one of us has the Biological Mother??? We better call Maury Povich for the DNA results……….

Should we change our names to Fan4066#1 & Fan4066#2

OR

CANADIENS-DAWG1 & CANADIEANS-DAWG2………..

15. #15 fan4066 says:
    April 4, 2007 at 1:29 pm

64 coutNY_HabsFan

I know, its a double edge sword. fight LAffs for 8th or win tonite and get rid of them. Jesus I hate this…..better playing in February would have prevented all of this

16. #16 nigelski says:
    April 4, 2007 at 1:41 pm

John Garret is another guy I dislike intensely. On HockeyCentral a month or so ago, he said LA would be “smart to pick up Theodore.” That’s JUST what LA would need: a $6 million stiff goalie to complement their other $3 million stiff goalie in Cloutier.

And speaking of stiff goalies, why do so many of them get broadcasting jobs? Them, and marginal players seem to get these plum gigs. Do the networks figure they have some great insight from all that time on the bench?

At least TSN wised up to Domi pretty quickly, taking him off the panel and relegating him to a 2 or 3 minute segment. He was all duh ur gak, every topic. Win Lose or Tie? I wish they’d eliminated this Tie along with the others…

17. #17 Joshtm says:
    April 4, 2007 at 1:49 pm

Hey listen, NYrangers and the Laffs eat Koivu like he is so much chocolate chip cookies, and the rest of the team ends up picking up the crumbs! Koivu is by far one of the worst centermen, he can’t win a faceoff to save Finland, honestly, the Olympics bore that out. So in our worship of Koivu, let us leave it to hey he got two lucky shots in, and the rest of the game he spent on his back and fanning passes!

Call it like it really is, and Koivu doesn’t deserve to eat up the team budget, come trade time or the summer when bigger paying fat cats are available we are stuck feeding the vulture Koivu a kings ransom!

But it was not right for Carbo to crap all over Koivu the way he did. He was nicer to the underachievers like Samsonov and Ninny for God’s Sake!

Koivu is good, but he needs a Chara or a Shanahan to protect his little butt!

Unfortunately we don’t have either and in the end he tries to outdo Ryder with the falling down, but hey not to worry Johnson has the team record for the biggest wimp on the ice.

Holy crap! Enuff about little Koivu, he is crap, deserves to get another serious benching if he has to, but not being crapped on by his own coach, I draw the line there.

Dandenault and Bouillon would surpass Koivu on assists if the league allowed defensemen to get points for passing the puck away!

Finally, the laffs couldn’t beat the worst team in history, the Phlyers in regulation time! And the TO media makes it sound like they pulled off a miracle! HAHAHAHAAA!!!!

18. #18 fan4066 says:
    April 4, 2007 at 1:51 pm

See, those goalies never were any good, so they felt sorry for them. They were down and out with no paycheck, so they said why don’t you come color for us. What they probably really though was that the TV station was going to give them crayons and a coloring book!!

You never see a real good hockey player doing this job because they are smarter that that. You’de never see Gretzky, Lemieux, Sakic, and so on do this stuff. They are busy being top notch hockey Exectives, think about all the players you deem as goofs….then think of all the smart ones, and look where they stand in hockey society….its nite and day!!

19. #19 Joshtm says:
    April 4, 2007 at 1:52 pm

But that would be classic Koivu, to pull the same hooking penalty binge, turn a Habs powerplay against the Laffs in the final game, turn a five on three to a Laffs victory! Then where would those Koivu fans be? HUH????? Koivu is the reason why we are fighting for a play off spot against a team that couldn’t beat the worst NHL team in history during regulation time!

20. #20 coutNY_HabsFan says:
    April 4, 2007 at 1:55 pm

65 fan4066 – I should have clarified that any place in the playoffs would be nice and anything that ensures that opportunity I am all for it…

21. #21 Joshtm says:
    April 4, 2007 at 1:59 pm

Why is Bob Gainey still flying around in a helicopter when he should be calling up Milroy or Grabby to fight off Shanahan and Antropov in the remaining games?

22. #22 fan4066 says:
    April 4, 2007 at 2:00 pm

72 coutNY_HabsFan

Sitting at the bottom isn’t fun, thats for sure. But we have to look at what Calgary and the Oilers did the past 2 seasons, and have faith, and Pray to Jesus our Father, that we can battle though this thing. It may not look pretty, but whatever works, right??

23. #23 Joshtm says:
    April 4, 2007 at 2:01 pm

George Gillett: hey Bob come and work for me, you can ride in my chopper all day!

Bob Gainey: Okay but only if I can make the habs the UNICEF of hockey!

24. #24 coutNY_HabsFan says:
    April 4, 2007 at 2:12 pm

67 Joshtm another one of your laughable statements:
    “Hey listen, NYrangers and the Laffs eat Koivu like he is so much chocolate chip cookies, and the rest of the team ends up picking up the crumbs!”

What? Koivu had 4 assist in the last Ranger Game and the goal that proved to be the game-tier in the last Laffs game, along with a tying goal in the shootout…
    Just another blown analogy; no pun intended!

25. #25 fan4066 says:
    April 4, 2007 at 2:18 pm

I just finished reading that article on the NHL.com…..I remember everything in it they said. I watched the entire run that year, like a Habs fan would of course.

It was the wildest ride in playoff history…ever, the 93 team was soooo great. that 10 straight OT wins will never be broken, and never will be a magical ride like that for years to come

26. #26 nigelski says:
    April 4, 2007 at 2:21 pm

Koivu, as everyone knows, has equaled his career high in points, and beaten his goal total as well. His defensive work hasn’t been the best, as indicated by his terrible +/-, and he hasn’t been a shutdown guy. There’s no questioning his work ethic out there though. As far as euro captains go, he’s better than most…

27. #27 Joshtm says:
    April 4, 2007 at 2:29 pm

Its not so funny in the defeets that we have been downtrodden under and booted into playing for last place came oddly enough largely because of hey that little Finnish guy that you guys seems to think is the best thing since the Maple Syrup festival!

28. #28 fan4066 says:
    April 4, 2007 at 2:36 pm

79 Joshtm

At least Koviu is leading the team in scoring, which I have not seen anyone else on the team with do do. So If he doesn’t score those 2 goals last night, then what 0-0 into a SO. You take the chance of losing in it, only getting 1 pt…then we are tied with th Laffs instaed of being up a point.. We had no 100 pt scorer in 93 either!

29. #29 Joshtm says:
    April 4, 2007 at 2:37 pm

We paid Sakku big bucks so we could play for a final spot against the Laffs who couldn’t beat the worst team in the NHL in regulation time? And we should thank Sakku for getting us into the cellar? No wonder Carbo benched him, he deserved to be benched. What other highly paid Euro gets to play like crap and still gets paid the highest in the team, and one of the highest over all paid over a number of years? What, because he skates fast after he gots knocked over and gives up the puck to the other team so they can score on Dandenault and Bouillon’s defense and Sakku retaliates by getting a hooking penalty we should be grateful? I don’t think so.

30. #30 Joshtm says:
    April 4, 2007 at 2:39 pm

I would check my stats again, Sakku leads in assists, is not first in the team in scoring, Sheldon is, and by the way Sakku is what second in the most penalties? Not an impressive record when the penalties come when we are on a much needed win and power play only to have the habs lose by one or two goals, thanks Sakku for that great period from Christmas to March where you lost us a secure fifth place spot, thanks Sakku!

31. #31 fan4066 says:
    April 4, 2007 at 2:42 pm

OOHHH I know, OOOHHH, OOOHHH…..Jaromir Jagr

32. I did not watch the game last night as I was working but I saw some of the highlights and the Koivu goal was a good one. Both his goals were awesome. The Habs need to win tomorrow and hope(and pray) that the Leafs somehow lose to the Islanders on Long Island. The Isles are still in playoff contention and will be playing their asses off but the Canadiens cannot look past the Rangers. The Rangers have not clinched a playoff berth yet and will start Lundqvist in net and he has played well against Montreal so they should not expect an easy game. Toivonen played well against them last night and the Bruins had nothing to play for so the Canadiens need to play much better than they did last night if they want to beat the Rangers. We Habs fans need to pray for a Montreal win tomorrow night and a Toronto loss so that the last game of the season would not mean shit. There are many scenarios that can happen but I hope Montreal makes the playoffs and faces the Sabres in the first round because you never know what can happen in the playoffs as it is a brand new season and whatever happened in the regular season doesn’t mean anything once the second season starts. If Montreal can make the playoffs, I have a feeling they might be able to pull of an upset and defeat the Sabres as they have played well against them the entire season and could have won the season series if they didn’t lose the first game of the season in a shootout after Afinogenov tied the game with 14 seconds left. However, enough of that bullshit because that is all water under the bridge and we have to look ahead now, not behind. We have to MAKE THE PLAYOFFS first before we can look at any matchups and that will be a daunting task. I have faith and confidence in my Habs though that they can make it! Go Habs Go!!

Ziman

33. #33 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    April 4, 2007 at 3:02 pm

Joshtm. What F_ckin drugs are you smokin or sniffin ???

You do not bring anything constuctive to this forum.

You need to shut up. You are a broken record. The same BLAH BLAH BLAH comes out of your Pie Hole.

Joshtm, the best part of you ran down your fathers leg………

34. #34 fan4066 says:
    April 4, 2007 at 3:10 pm

OH, SNAP!!!….I agree,gotta prop up the troops. We’ve won 7/8….we are playing capable hockey right now, lets not down play this run.

It could be worse Joshtm….we could have LOST 7/8 and not even be a factor in this thing at all!!

35. #35 coutNY_HabsFan says:
    April 4, 2007 at 3:17 pm

Wrong again Josh, Sheldon has two less goals than Ryder. And Sheldon leads in PIM followed by Komi and Kovalev… meaningless dribble as always.

the habs power play and to some degree our offense was built around Sheldons shot which can be backed up by him having 65 more shots on goal than Saku…

36. #36 Joshtm says:
    April 4, 2007 at 3:49 pm

Actually Sheldon shoots more than Saku. What does that say. Never mind the power plays cause the game is not only power plays. Good try though at brown nosing Saku, hey Dawg, Saku wants you to take your head outa his butt cause he’s constipated!

37. #37 Joshtm says:
    April 4, 2007 at 4:05 pm

The only way we are going to win is if we push these lazy bastards like Saku and Alexei. Alexei noted that it wasn’t a sore elbow but he was so constipated cause there were so many brown nosing fans that he forgot how to win….we are champions! It is time we act like Champions!!! We Win!!!

38. #38 coutNY_HabsFan says:
    April 4, 2007 at 4:06 pm

Yeah idoit (Josh), that is my point… Sheldon shoots more. Meaning, the more shoots on goal you get you’re probably going to score more. Our offense is set up by a point man to feed shots on goal and the forwards are there for the rebounds… Sheldons shot is pretty accurate and fast so he scores alot. Saku is a finesse style player and makes plays through assists. THATS WHAT IT SAYS…

Saku has acuracy of about 14.57%(top on the team), while Sheldon is sitting at 11.47% impressive. They each have their talents and they equally valuable and both will be needed to make the playoffs… THATS WHAT I SAY.

39. #39 Joshtm says:
    April 4, 2007 at 4:17 pm

We don’t deserve to fight for last spot only to face the Devils! Thank you Saku, Thank you Alexei, and most of all Thank You Bob Gainey for tearing the rookies apart after XMAS! Yes! That is Bob Gainey, while most teams would stick with their rookie winners like hey oh gee most of the top finishers for this year, what does Gainey do? Tears the team apart! Now with the rookies we managed to claw our way back to what! Fighting the laffs for last place, the laffs who couldn’t beat the worst team in the entire NHL in regulation time!

40. #40 coutNY_HabsFan says:
    April 4, 2007 at 4:17 pm

Yeah lets never mind the Power Plays where Sheldon has scored 70% of his points!?!?

41. #41 coutNY_HabsFan says:
    April 4, 2007 at 4:19 pm

Josh time to reboot your post seem to be duplicating themselves…

42. #42 Joshtm says:
    April 4, 2007 at 4:27 pm

Yes, let us forget Sheldon, and demand he be traded like some bloggers before, I know I razzled Sheldon for basically destroying his own goalie, but thanks to Kirk reading my posts you notice that Sheldon no longer tears the habs goalie apart! That seems to have been left to Dandy and Bouilly to do that chore now! Hamstring Huet has Dandy and Bouilly to thank! We could get the world’s best goalie and within six months you could guarantee with Bouilly and Dandy that the world’s best goalie would leave the Belle Center on a stretcher! Yup Montreal, the UNICEF of Hockey! Where the worlds’ worst defense are guaranteed a decent salary!

43. #43 coutNY_HabsFan says:
    April 4, 2007 at 4:29 pm

I’d Rather be fighting for a chance than waiting for next year… As the 2005-2006 Stanley cup champs and runners-up are doing at this point.

As for 8th place, as our flawed point system dictates our position, we have more wins than the #3 and #7 team in the East. We have 3 more wins than the Laffs, yet 1 point differential. Does not make sense or favor the better teams in my opinion.

44. #44 Joshtm says:
    April 4, 2007 at 4:35 pm

Not that I am saying trade Sheldon, never trade Sheldon, never….

45. hey there. made a reference to this post and the upcoming habs/leafs game this saturday on midnight poutine. check it out here:
    hey, made a quick reference to this post and upcoming habs/leafs game on midnight poutine. ch-ch-check it here:
    s

April 4, 2007 at 5:43 pm

Joshtm is the biggest town idiot this town has!!!

By far the worst kind of fan any team can have is a Joshtm .

47. #47 nigelski says:
    April 4, 2007 at 6:50 pm

It would be nice if I could turn on the sports news, on any of the big 3 sports stations, and see some balanced team coverage. Instead, it’s the leafs this, the leafs that. If they mention the habs at all, it’s almost by accident. The Man of Glass, a.k.a. Carlos Coliacovo, is injured again , and this pylon gets as much coverage as all the Habs combined. Sure, I live in TO and all, but it’s not like I’m watching City TV for my sports news. These are allegedly ‘National Networks’, but they can’t see past the percieved epicenter of the world: the leafs.

If you go to sportsnet.ca, they have only 5 of the 6 canadian team logos at the bottom. 3 guesses who isn’t there. Did Quebec seperate when I wasn’t looking?

48. #48 La Verite says:
    April 4, 2007 at 7:46 pm

‘Hey, you may have been asked this before, but, how do you guys feel about this OT 1 point shit anyway? I hate it, and ya the Laffs are lucky, you take away 1/2 of those….they don’t even factor in this race, I’de rather see the Canes there.’

Ok, time for me to clarify a misconception. The extra point in a shootout goes to the winner. There is no such thing as a loser point. The Habs are BENEFITTING from the rule as it stands so let’s not complain.

Also, Saturday is looking huge. I hope it pans out because it would make for a great game.

49. #49 La Verite says:
    April 4, 2007 at 7:50 pm

Lundqvist will be tough. In his last 6 games at home he is 6-0 with a GAA below 0.70. The team won’t be able to play half a game like against Ottawa.

50. #50 CANADIENS-DAWG says:
    April 5, 2007 at 8:24 am

La Verite
    The Habs are BENEFITTING from the rule as it stands so let’s not complain.

Now’s that La Verite? Explain yourself………..