Tuesday

• Not much new to say about the Canadiens until after tonight.

Flu Problems, Samsonov complaining, sounds like December and January all over again.

Tonight could go any number of ways, the way the Habs need it to go is

1. Habs defeat Islanders
    2. Ottawa defeats New York
    3. Florida defeats Carolina
    4. Tampa defeats Toronto
    5. Buffalo defeats Pittsburgh

More importantly, Abeischer needs a strong game and to gain his confidence if the Canadiens have any slim remaining chance to finish in 8th.

1. #1 DIE_HARD_HABS_FAN says:
    March 13, 2007 at 11:05 pm

F_ck off Joshtm. It was the goalies fault not ours. You have not got a clue. You must be a F_cking American.

2. #2 Iceberg14 says:
    March 13, 2007 at 11:13 pm

yah samsonov and kovalev not playing is why we won! hahahaha you guys are priceless..and I suppose Abby is brilliant now because they won and Carbo is a genius?

3. #3 R habs 4 real says:
    March 13, 2007 at 11:38 pm

I think the NHL needs to revamp their points system. a team that loses the game in overtime, should not be rewarded. In other words, if you win the game, either in regulation ,overtime, or shootout, you receive 2 points. If you are tied after regulation, and lose in overtime or a shootout, you get ZERO POINTS!
    Because the way it is set up now, if you lose the game, in OT, or Shootout, you still are being rewarded. Bettman make the change for next year.
    In the NBA, even when they play double or triple OT, ONLY 1 TEAM GETS THE WIN!
    In baseball, even if they play an additional 8 or more innings, still only 1 team gets the WIN!
    BETTMAN IS MAKING A MOCKERY OF OUR GAME! STOP CHANGING THE GAME!

March 13, 2007 at 11:58 pm

Yes the one point for a loss is messed up but it plays in everyones favor Montreal has gotten a few freebies this season that was as well , but it should be removed.

5. #5 JR Arseneau says:
    March 14, 2007 at 2:04 am

Do people simply not understand?

3 people desperately need to leave Montreal.

1) Kovalev
    2) Samsonov
    3) Koivu

I’m sorry for all you Koivu fans, but he HAS to go (or get relegated to 2nd or 3rd line). He is NOT a 1st line centreman in the NHL. Yes, he has a lot of heart and has come back from numerous injuries and personal issues. However, this does not merrit the “C” from the habs. I used to like Koivu, but he’s never been a top ranking NHL player and yet he’s been captain for what, 12 years now? Give me a break!

Get rid of these salaries and sign some good young guns or atleast a superstar player who will come out EVERY SINGLE GAME. Kovalev shows up once in a while, Samsonov about 5 times per season and Koivu, as much as he tries, just has difficulty leading this team.

Just like Ottawa with Alfredson, Toronto wwith Sundin, the habs WILL NOT make a serious stanley cup run with Koivu leading the team. These captains may have some skill, but when it comes to leading a team to the mecca of hockey, you need some real, strong hearted people (and I’m talking on the ice here).

6. #6 JR Arseneau says:
    March 14, 2007 at 2:07 am

One last thing I forgot to mention.

I recently went to a habs game against Carolina and had no qualms about yelling out at the top of my lungs whenever Koivu messed up (and he messed up quite a bit).

What surprised me was how many angry looks I got from the fans in the crowd beside me. I seriously started thinking I should have brought an umbrella for fear of getting things thrown at me.

There are a LOT of jaded montreal fans who love this guy but it’s time for him to lose the C and probably leave montreal (or retire) altogether.

7. #7 Kev_in_Dorval says:
    March 14, 2007 at 2:23 am

I agree with JR’s assessment of Koivu for the most part. I think he is a 2nd line centre and at best should be co-captain with Souray. But, he does have guts and for most of the time (this season an aberration) he works his ass off. I would have him traded only if it would significantly improve the current roster. Kovalev and Samsonov are both passengers, Pleks and Kostistsyn are both proving more valuable.

8. #8 bossdj420 says:
    March 14, 2007 at 5:50 am

1st time this season Islanders lost when leading after 2! I love it! I think DiPietro could have stayed in the game and he’s probably kicking himself now… Dunham played alright, those 3rd period goals were really nice. Too bad Gui didn’t get the trick. Would’ve been nice to see for a home game. K-TITS #46 should definetely stay in the lineup. That pass was unselfish and his 3rd assist of the night on the game winner is well deserved. I’m bringin a sign to the leafs/habs game to support him “I LOVE (K)TITS”!
    As to all your whining about the OT/SO loss point… I think that when the game does go to OT, the winner will only receive 1 PT and the loser nothing. For taking the game to extra time, you eliminate the possibly of 2pts and also get rid of the 3pts game that we currently have. OT/SO would be so much more exciting and rewarding. Both teams gain ground in the standing even before the OT is played and they tend to relax. It should be do or die situation. Thats my opinion. Take it or eat it!

See you at the game Hab-Dab-A-Do! You best not miss out on it!

Peace420

9. #9 HAB-DAB-A-DO says:
    March 14, 2007 at 7:48 am

The gas tank is full and preparing for a 4:00 am departure from Nova Scotia Friday morning, Should put me in Montreal just in time for rush hour traffic.But I can’t imange rush hour in Montreal being to much different than rush hour in good ole Nova Scotia!!!

10. #10 Drive_4_25 says:
    March 14, 2007 at 7:58 am

Eh Hab a dba..

For the most part the traffic at that time is heading OUT of town not INTO town so you should be all good….Have a great time and why not make a sign or something! Representing the HABSBLOG and your handle….

11. #11 Dalley1 says:
    March 14, 2007 at 8:22 am

Well said “R habs 4 real”. Well Bettman is an American Dumb Ass. What do they know about our game of hockey? The freakin Americans are taking over everything and ruining the game. Assholes. WIN LOSS & TIE that’s it. I said that from day one of the change. You have teams making the playoffs because they were rewarded for a loss. Bullshit. It would take an American the come up with brillant idea. DUH.

I’m sure that there are more stupid rule changes comming………….

12. #12 HAB-DAB-A-DO says:
    March 14, 2007 at 8:26 am

I will see what i can do but I have a feeling I may be to drunk to even hold a sign. But I do plan on having a huge plate of ribs at Baton Rouge across the street so I might also be to sleepy to hold a sign. But I am not to far behind the benchs so the chance would be there to get the sign on TV.

13. #13 Dalley1 says:
    March 14, 2007 at 8:37 am

Why get drunk? Don’t you want the remember/savour every minute of the Leaf’s Ass-kickin…………….

14. #14 Dalley1 says:
    March 14, 2007 at 8:42 am

TSN turns my stomach. Look what is on TSN.ca’s opening web page. The freakin Leafs. This station is so pro leafs it makes me sick. Every about that station is a joke. From the play-by-play announcers to that Fat Ass Bob Mackenzie.

15. #15 HAB-DAB-A-DO says:
    March 14, 2007 at 8:48 am

Good Point and at 7.50 a beer at the bell centre one needs to pace themselves

16. #16 Dalley1 says:
    March 14, 2007 at 8:50 am

Here’s a Joke:

At one point during a hockey game, the coach said to one of his players named JOSHTM, “Do you understand what cooperation is? What a team is?”
    JOSHTM nodded in the affirmative.

“Do you understand that what matters is whether we win together as a team?”

JOSHTM nodded yes.

“So,” the coach continued, “when a penalty is called, or you’re you are hit unfairly, you don’t argue or curse or attack the Referee. Do you understand all that?”

Again JOSHTM nodded.

“Good,” said the coach, “now go over there and explain it to your MOMMA.”

17. #17 Joshtm says:
    March 14, 2007 at 9:40 am

“It was a great chance to put them six points behind but now they’re right there,” said Bergeron. “We have our destiny in our own hands but we found a way to complicate things.”

Enough of this sniping Dalley, grow up or get out!

At least the Sens did us a favour. The laffs won but just barely. Won’t be long before Tucker and Wellwood get tuckered out and become reliable. Unfortunately we also have Koivu and Kovalev who are just as reliable at being unreliable…

18. #18 Rick DiPietro says:
    March 14, 2007 at 9:45 am

Good thing Begin hurt me or you guys would have lost. Enjoy the win because you won’t make the playoffs anyway.

19. #19 Saku Koivu says:
    March 14, 2007 at 9:50 am

JR Arseneau..Arse is right…I should retire? I AM THE FREAKING HEART AND SOUL OF THE CLUB! I work harder than anyone else. I almost lost my eye but didn’t let it keep me from starting the year. I almost died of cancer and I came back to lead a freaking 3-1 upset over the Bruins. I bet you weren’t down on me then. I hate you fickle fans and the french media. I wish Gainey would have traded me anywhere, even Phoenix, just to get out of here.

20. #20 smiler2729 says:
    March 14, 2007 at 10:08 am

The morning after a game I like to read all the posts you guys write while the game is in progress. It’s pretty funny how they change from the venom of “Koivu has to go” and “Kovalev’s a cancer” to the they-won-but-they-still-suck attitude. Do yourselves a favour, put down your little computers and enjoy watching the hockey game! You spend more time typing than enjoying the game, what the f…! Why be a fan, even when they win the blog is littered with negatives.

While I don’t think Americans are ruining the game, I do think the Points system sucks. I never minded a game ending in a Tie but since everybody needs a winner and the NHL’s been based on the 2-point/1-point dynamic for decades, why not award 2 points to the regulation time winner and only 1 point if the win comes in extra time (overtime/shootout). This would put the emphasis on the 60 minute game and avoid teams playing for the ridiculous “3-point game” that’s so prevalent now. No points for losing ever.

As for the North American factor, hmmm, let’s see:

Benoit Brunet CAN
    J.J. Daigneault CAN
    Gary Leeman CAN
    Paul DiPietro CAN
    Guy Carbonneau CAN
    Lyle Odelein CAN
    Todd Ewen CAN (1 playoff game)
    Ed Ronan USA
    Mario Roberge CAN (3 playoff games)
    Sean Hill USA (3 playoff games)
    Jesse Belanger CAN
    Oleg Petrov RUS (1 playoff game)
    Donald Dufresne CAN (2 playoff games)
    Patrick Roy CAN
    Rob Ramage CAN
    Andre Racicot CAN (1 playoff game)

-And the following never played in a ’93 playoff game:

Frederic Chabot CAN (1 Regular Season game)
    Turner Stevenson CAN (1 Regular Season game)
    Eric Charron CAN (3 Regular Season games)
    Patrik Carnback SWE (6 Regular Season games)
    Patric Kjellberg SWE (7 Regular Season games)

So Oleg Petrov was the only Euro to appear in a playoff game that winning season. Coincidence? Or voodoo??

21. #21 nigelski says:
    March 14, 2007 at 10:12 am

TSN is pretty pro-leaf, but so are all the other networks. Sportsnet has a show celled HockeyCentral @ Noon on snet1 every weekday, and if you hear as much as a peep about the habs, or any team not named the leafs or sens, it’s because the habs are playing one of the ontario teams.

It also totally disgusted me last Saturday, when EVERY ONE OF THE CBC CHANNELS was carrying only the leaf game. What’s the point in me paying for all these channels when i end up having to see the leafs anyways? And the 2nd game was all tampa-calgary. I had to watch the game on RDS, which I’ll do if i absolutely have to. It’s almost as though the french media is responsible: u know, trying to force me learn french like i am a player on the team.

Funny how u never heard this kind of pro leaf blatheringback in the 80′s.

22. #22 Dalley1 says:
    March 14, 2007 at 10:15 am

Joshtm. You started this shit (with me and ohter people in here)and I will finnish it………..Look in the mirror before you tell someone else to “grow up or get out”.

I’ve tried to extend the olive branch with you in a post of another topic. But you are who you are An Ass-hole. You keep putting in the jabs. You can’t take it. But you sure as hell can give it.

Joshtm don’t push to hard Sweetie, cause you will get pushed back even harder.

23. #23 smiler2729 says:
    March 14, 2007 at 10:17 am

24. #24 smiler2729 says:
    March 14, 2007 at 10:19 am

Hey Dalley, joshtm is a baby brain, everybody knows it so quit sweating it and just have fun with the little guy and his ‘posts’… heh heh heh

25. #25 Dalley1 says:
    March 14, 2007 at 10:20 am

Smiler2729 if I may ask?

What is the point behind listing the names of all those players? I don’t get it.

Please explain to me.

Thank you.

26. #26 coutNY_HabsFan says:
    March 14, 2007 at 10:47 am

Post#65 HAB-DAB-A-DO
    Posted on March 14th, 2007 at 8:48 am. About ‘Tuesday’.

“Good Point and at 7.50 a beer at the bell centre one needs to pace themselves”
    I think they were $9.00 when I went a few weeks ago… Better get a good buzz before U go!

27. #27 Ted Rogers says:
    March 14, 2007 at 10:48 am

If you actually watched the show you’d realize that they cover a lot of topics. While they do generally start with the Leafs that might have something to do with the show being based in Toronto or being hosted by a former Leaf, or the fact that it has so much access to the Leafs.

However, at least half the show is generally devoted to other teams in the league. Get a hold of your inferiority complex.

28. #28 Bob McKenzie says:
    March 14, 2007 at 10:50 am

TSN is pretty pro-leaf

Cry me a river. That is such BS. Stop feeling inferior. Think of what the networks purpose is? to make money, the Leafs probably have the most fans nationwide and play in the country’s biggest and richest city. Does it make sense to skew towards the Leafs in the amount of coverage? of course it does. Plus, who wants to hear about the soap opera that is the Montreal Canadiens? No one.

For tsn.ca this is The Insider and you guys all suck.

29. #29 Harry Neale says:
    March 14, 2007 at 10:52 am

If you knew anything at all you would know that the reason that the CBC carried the Leafs’ game on all their channels was that THEY DID NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO THAT GAME! When they do, they put the Habs game in the Quebec region.

Again, the rest of the time it’s a matter of money. Leaf games get the biggest ratings which leads to more revenue from advertising. Deal with it.

30. #30 Jose Theodore says:
    March 14, 2007 at 10:53 am

‘The difference between the Habs and the Leafs is that although the Habs suck as bad as the Leafs this year, they will get better while the Leafs will always suck.’

Sure, tell yourself that again and again and soon it will be true. The Habs won’t get better than the Leafs until they start rebuilding and that should hvae started at the trade deadline.

31. I thought Matts Naslund was on the 93 team ,freaking time fly’s .On another note, lets drop the trash talk at each other please.You would be surprised how many peoples visit the site ,some very young. Lets agree its Ok to have a difference of opinion and leave it at that.Or invite Jerry Springer to the Habs Blog.

32. #32 Dalley1 says:
    March 14, 2007 at 11:16 am

On the front of the Blog should read (May contain mature material parental guidance is strongly advised)

Well Joshtm that rules you out…………..

33. #33 coutNY_HabsFan says:
    March 14, 2007 at 11:20 am

FYI… Post #81 Xhabsfan Mats Naslund was NOT on the 93 team

1989-90 was the last season Mats Naslund played for the Canadiens… He left the NHL until 94-95 season he played 34 games with the Bruins.

Maybe you’re thinking of ’86 Cup?

34. #34 coutNY_HabsFan says:
    March 14, 2007 at 11:23 am

Xhabsfan – Opps I miss read your post on Mats… you were not stating he was, but rather surprised he was not.

MY bad!

Selective reading, I usually miss the important stuff…

35. #35 joburg says:
    March 14, 2007 at 11:34 am

lots of comments to agree with and some to disagree with, I like Koivu, but it is time he did the right thing and give the C to Sheldon, just like in Vanc, Naslund needs to take off the C and give to someone else, bot these guys are mealy mouths, instead of standing tall and telling it like it is. also no team has ever won the cup with an European Captain, co-incidence ?? I think not.
    Last night Habs beat a team above them in the standings and Kovalev, Samsonov and Bonk not in the lineup–that should tell these 3 maggots something–but I doubt it will. Out west almost EVERY saturday night we get a steady diet of crap–called the leafs, but it is fun to watch them lose !!! the CBC/HNIC
    schedulers are a bunch of ass kissing leaf perverts. !!!

36. #36 Dalley1 says:
    March 14, 2007 at 11:41 am

Well said. Well said……..You go Dude.

37. #37 Saku Koivu says:
    March 14, 2007 at 11:48 am

Give the C to Sheldon? why? Because he stands in front of the media and slams the team? HE CAN’T PLAY FREAKING DEFENCE and he is a defenceman. He is soft and should be wearing orange because he is basically a pylon.

I recovered from cancer and worked my tail off to get bcak for you ungrateful fans.

38. #38 Bob Cole says:
    March 14, 2007 at 11:50 am

“Out west almost EVERY saturday night we get a steady diet of crap–called the leafs, but it is fun to watch them lose !!! the CBC/HNIC
    schedulers are a bunch of ass kissing leaf perverts.”

Are you drunk? Do you know nothing of how to make money? The Leafs draw the highest ratings and that in turn draws the highest ad revenues. Maybe if anyone outside of Quebec liked the Habs we’d show more of their games.

As for being an ass kissing pervert…I saw your mom in one of Montreal’s famous sex clubs tossing a salad.

39. #39 Dalley1 says:
    March 14, 2007 at 11:51 am

Is it me or does Sundin look like a Retard when he smiles???????????????

I keep telling my wife that but she gets pissed off at me.

***********************************************************************

For all of the Habs Fans in here who have Women in thier lives (No Joshtm your boyfriend does not qualify) are they Habs Fans themselves.

Mine is not she is a Leaf Fan. But she will not convert to Habnisim….

40. #40 Mats Sundin says:
    March 14, 2007 at 11:54 am

Your wife sounds like she’s the smart one in the relationship.

p.s. your beloved Souray looks like a newborn calf on ice when he’s trying to defend.

41. #41 Dalley1 says:
    March 14, 2007 at 12:06 pm

Yes Souray is good lookin eh.

We do have the best looking team in the NHL.(No Joshtm they are off limits to you)

42. #42 smiler2729 says:
    March 14, 2007 at 12:24 pm

Dalley, I didn’t list those players… it was cut & paste, fun! Just to remind who was on that team. Not many Euros at all.

43. #43 Dalley1 says:
    March 14, 2007 at 12:39 pm

I thought that you did that to show me that not many Americans were on the team. Since I said that the Americans were ruining our game.

Sorry dude………

44. #44 Dalley1 says:
    March 14, 2007 at 12:41 pm

Sory Smiler. I thought that it was because I said that Americans were ruining our game.

45. #45 Dalley1 says:
    March 14, 2007 at 12:42 pm

Poop I’m studdering again……………….