Western Road Trip

• The Canadiens head West in 1st place overall in the East.

How long will they stay at the top?

1. #1 MrBigTime says:
    March 5, 2008 at 3:04 pm

Halak will see his first game against LA… just look at the schedule, and Price had a 3 day break before playing again on Thursday…

Thursday will be a good game, if I can stay awake that late to watch it…

2. Apparently it’s Halak on Thursday. It was said on Team990

3. #3 patrick says:
    March 5, 2008 at 3:26 pm

news flash! we have a #1 goalie, Carey Price, let’s not start thinking that if Halak plays good one game that he should then play until he has a bad one, Price is our man, he needs to be treated like it, not thinking he’ll be the back up after one bad game, or even two or three, sure give Halak some games, but let’s not kid ourselves into thinking we’ll get stable goaltending by switching who’s our #1 guy every two weeks, now that’s a recipe for disaster!

4. I think hab fans get really upset becauase most of us are used to winning, We’ve won 24 cups. Look at gretzky and how mad he is when he looses, It’s because he’s used to being in the spotlight but now he’s coach of the crappy Phoenix Coyotes.

5. and I agree wth you patrick, putting Price back up for a game could rattle his confidence.

6. #6 patrick says:
    March 5, 2008 at 6:09 pm

I mostly agree with you, except that lately habs fans are in fact used to losing (over the last 15 years), I’ve been a Habs fan for 20 years and I’ve only seen 1 cup win, and two appearances. Though I really think I could see cup #2 in June!

7. Price is staring tomorrow!!! :)

8. (STARTING)

9. #9 hablifer says:
    March 5, 2008 at 6:50 pm

Phoenix is not a crappy team. look at their record. they could make it into the playoffs. And who annionted Price #1? HE’S DONE NOTHING TO PROVE HIMSELF AS A #1 GOALIE! Let the best goalie play. I say give Halak a chance, because I believe, (along with others) that Halak will prove to be the better of the 2 goalies! Let the 2 compete! wining a calder cup and gold medal doesn’t automatically prove you’re an NHL goalie. the problem for Price, is the same as Latendresse. Before either player played 1 NHL game, everyone said they were superstars. Overhyped! I wish the media would tone down the accolades until proven. It’s obvious that all this pressure is too much for them, and that’s why they have crapped out. In a city like SJ or Anaheim they would bloom, but not here.

10. #10 Senet 1 says:
    March 5, 2008 at 10:05 pm

Well I guess I would put my two cents worth in here. Price will be the best of the two goalies as time progresses, however, Halak needs work and I still say to this day had he played the last game of the season against Toronto last year we would have been in the playoffs. Price has poise but I think he is having trouble adjusting to the speed of the NHL game, some shoots seem to surprise him with their quick shot. However, I still think that Price needs to play because he has to be prepared for next year. I believe that next year is our cup year.

11. #11 patrick says:
    March 5, 2008 at 10:13 pm

Who anointed Price #1 ? Well I believe it was Guy Carboneau and Bob Gainey.

12. #12 hablifer says:
    March 5, 2008 at 10:24 pm

Carbo didn’t, and also didn’t want to play him at the beginning of the season. Did it because Gainey said so.

13. #13 Habman says:
    March 5, 2008 at 10:27 pm

.Well i was thinking “Grier” …”Brashear”..so(they are big and they are black bad asses!) ..anyway they got stomped..and if you happen to look at my honorable mentions ..Pacum bud..you’d see that every one scored a goal or got a point…and you have not yet to come up with one prediction in any blog that has come true..you don’t know anything about hockey..you find maybe one “buddy” on here you can team up with and point fingers at everyone else….so it doesn’t make you smart..it makes you dumb!..very dumb!
    Quick to judge and slow to understand!….lyrics from a real good Rush” song…yes i have tickets and will going to the concert!
    The world is full of mistakes..just happen that some live to make it through a nine month cycle and become “blog beaters”
    We can start this crap again if you want..but Ive gained the respect of the other bloggers here…Ive helped them get free streaming games on the computer to watch, Ive made sound and true predictions…and Ive actually got “THANK YOU” from some guys here..its cool to be respected and looked up to…oh yeah you wouldn’t know that…

14. #14 Habman says:
    March 5, 2008 at 10:31 pm

Oh by the way “pacum” buddy…in previous mentions about RAP..Ive thought this one up a LONG TIME AGO!
    Go to TSN and look up NHL(if you can)
    Go to the review videos of the sports panel and see what they have to say about poor officiating and the games it has cost some teams because of it..
    I say I’m pretty “DEAD ON”…there may be a “REFEREE ACCOUNTABILITY PANEL” yet bud!

15. #15 Habman says:
    March 5, 2008 at 10:32 pm

PEACE to all my friends here….

16. #16 Habman says:
    March 5, 2008 at 10:40 pm

Ive been watching and talking HABS since 1975…Ive met many dignitaries and coaches and have to VIP lounges and had drinks with some of the finest gentlemen you will ever meet(God bless Roger Nielson!)
    Its east to make decisions sitting on our butts..but its a lot tougher and harder on G.M and coaches than we think…I have friends right now coaching in SJHL junior leagues here out west…
    Mr PACUM..wheres your experience?

17. #17 Habman says:
    March 5, 2008 at 10:43 pm

A pointer for the “finger pointers”…the best way to know your team is to watch ALL THE OTHERS!
    remember PETER PUCK?..well he says to stay HEALTHY is to go the farthest in the playoffs!

18. #18 patrick says:
    March 5, 2008 at 11:19 pm

okay okay you’re amazing

19. #19 Habman says:
    March 6, 2008 at 2:37 am

Yes “iceman”..you bet..you think..but you don’t know….do me a favor ok ?”big guy”..you must have a dojo in your city…walk in ask the instructor for a “spar’..then get back to me
    next idiot please!,,,that was easy…
    Any way..Washington’s got a pretty slack remaining schedule..so there in the playoffs…any bets they go to the final?
    Thanks “iceman”..all that talk about fat got me hungry…im going to make a big sandwich with extra “mayo”
    Because im 5’11′ 180 pounds and have to go for my run in the morning

Take care of the heart..oh i forgot you don’t have one…lol

20. #20 Habman says:
    March 6, 2008 at 2:41 am

Patrick..I am trying to “juice” up the site so i can get some predictions about the upcoming games and other teams…you seem like a smart guy..gimme a pick for tomorrow? Well..Iam gonna say Montreal blows another lead and loses 4 to 3..just to get under your skin…lol
    PEACE PAT..we all have our ups and downs…lol

March 6, 2008 at 2:50 am

How does your boyfriend put up with you? Christ do you ever shut up?

March 6, 2008 at 2:55 am

You want a perdiction Habman? I have one. I perdict you will die a lonely man HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

23. #23 h4life says:
    March 6, 2008 at 2:56 am

Do you guys in Ottawa-Gatineau have Habs club or friends gathering on game days? I left Montreal, but now realy wanted to join a Habs fan team in Ottawa-Gatineau area.

villagame@yahoo.com

24. you guys have to have faith in your team. But If montreal osses tonight I’ll be pissed also.lol

25. #25 Ice Man says:
    March 6, 2008 at 8:58 am

Habman:

So, you are calling me FAT.

I am far from fat. Just because I am only 5’11″ & 260 lbs I have to be fat right.

Let me tell you something boy. I have a 64″ chest. 38″ waist. 25″ biceps. My neck is 23″. I have 11% body fat. Now is that fat to you? I bench over 400lbs. I too have done my share martial arts, extreme fighting. I have done it all.

26. #26 habby says:
    March 6, 2008 at 11:23 am

Iceman and Habman get over yourselves. This site is about the Habs not about your egos. Lets just stick to the Habs ok.

27. #27 Donnie says:
    March 6, 2008 at 12:11 pm

Price is in? Price is out? Price is in? Price is out? PRICE HAS TO BE IN !!!
    He’s our guy….and the Montreal Canadiens organization is not gonna ruin this kid (argueably like the Pens did with Fleury). Montreal knows hockey if nothing else, and know how players must mature and be brought through the ranks. Price has to play to be a top notch goalie in this league. Brodeur, Luongo, Nabokov, and even our old buddy Roy all PLAYED…its practice…you get better by practice, which is playing alot of games. I’m not saying Halak should’nt see the ice, I’m saying Price must be given a chance to redeem himself after a bad game….he’s been sitting on that for 3 days now, and for a 20 year old, you just know thats stewing with him…he’s wants back in there to prove his role.
    Let Price do what he has to do tonight and give Halak a game in LA. Keep the bad mental images out of his head, give him a chance for a W tonight and let him prepare for Anaheim…cuz he’s gonna be called on again for a big game then. We’re in the final stretch here where 1 goalie must play at least 90% of the games to get ready for playoff action. No going back and forth, no shittin around….if Price is the man…PLAY HIM…let the team rally around him and show faith after a bad performance and let the chips fall where they may. Let’s do it boys……GO HABS GO !!!

28. #28 Ice Man says:
    March 6, 2008 at 12:12 pm

Your right.

I’m sorry.

Sorry Habman can’t compare to “The total Package”.

OK. I will stick to Hockey.

29. You all know this blog site gone bonkers eh,lol….from one crazed fan to another.GO-HABS-GO…

30. #30 Ice Man says:
    March 6, 2008 at 12:40 pm

Right GO LEAFS GO…….

Hang on a minute? Shit!

I mean GO HABS GO. Yeah that’s right. GO HABS GO.

31. #31 Supadri says:
    March 6, 2008 at 12:44 pm

why did markov get a game misconduct? What did he do?

32. #32 habby says:
    March 6, 2008 at 12:49 pm

he probably shot off about the offiiciating.

33. #33 Christopher says:
    March 6, 2008 at 1:26 pm

Carey Price will be in if he wins. Last game he lost, So Halak will see his first NHL experience since about this time last year….coincidence, hmmm perhaps?

34. #34 Ben says:
    March 6, 2008 at 2:14 pm

Chris, no coincidence whatsoever since he ain’t in nets, it’s price for tonight.

35. #35 Christopher says:
    March 6, 2008 at 3:27 pm

we will see when the puck drops who will actually be in net wont we. I can guarantee you, it will be Halak.

36. RDS has reported that Carey will be starting. Guy Carbonneau wants to make sure everyone knows that he’s the starter. But They should let himstart saturday.