Win

• If the Canadiens want to be seriously considered in the same class as Ottawa, and challenge for the Division and Conference, all they have to do is beat them.

Prove it on the ice. Show Ottawa you are for real and you’re coming for them.

If the Canadiens are not fired up for this game then they don’t deserve to be where they are.

The Habs have two meetings with the Senators in five days and things could get very interesting.

1. #1 habsalltheway says:
    February 5, 2008 at 10:38 pm

Here we go again

2. #2 East Coast Habs Fan says:
    February 5, 2008 at 10:38 pm

yikes

3. It’s 4-3 now. Montrela better not lose again after leading by 3!!!

4. #4 habsalltheway says:
    February 5, 2008 at 10:39 pm

time for a time out to get things together before it falls all the way apart…. KOIVU TO THE BOX …..

5. theres that penalty i was taking about,, its gonna get ugly folks…maybe my prediction will come true..5 to 4 Ottawa..hope not!

6. They get away from the physical game and look what happens!

7. #7 habsalltheway says:
    February 5, 2008 at 10:51 pm

Koivo has to get his name on the score sheet some how and lately its not with goals …..

8. This is what happens when 1st line isn’t producing goals.

9. they got to take advantage of that transition play going against the grain!..thats how goals are scored! Ottawas going hard to the net with the pinching defence..take it to him hard going back!,,4 min to go..

10. #10 habsalltheway says:
    February 5, 2008 at 10:55 pm

DOnt you mean 3rd line because that is how they are playing

11. #11 habsalltheway says:
    February 5, 2008 at 10:57 pm

Those missed chances will probly come back to bit us in the ass tonight ….HOPE NOT…

12. We have a non scoring 1st line,a super hot “best in league” 2nd line,a good and developing 3rd line and a cheaking line 4.MUST HAVE A FIRST LINE !!!!

13. #13 habsalltheway says:
    February 5, 2008 at 10:59 pm

WAY TO KEEP THEM IN HUET….

14. #14 habsalltheway says:
    February 5, 2008 at 11:00 pm

We need a great first line player to do anyting come play off time

15. #15 habman says:
    February 5, 2008 at 11:01 pm

27 second..dont fall apart!

16. #16 habsalltheway says:
    February 5, 2008 at 11:01 pm

HELL YEA …….

17. #17 East Coast Habs Fan says:
    February 5, 2008 at 11:01 pm

woo hoo

18. #18 habsalltheway says:
    February 5, 2008 at 11:03 pm

Next up…. LAFFS…..another team to KICK while they are down :)

19. #19 habsalltheway says:
    February 5, 2008 at 11:03 pm

HAHAHAHAHA LAFFS LOSING 7 TO NADA

20. #20 habsalltheway says:
    February 5, 2008 at 11:04 pm

8 NOW

21. #21 habman says:
    February 5, 2008 at 11:05 pm

now we can breathe…lol..good job boyz…Kovalev played a great game with the boyz tonight!

22. habs almost blew it again.not happy about their inability to hold leads.
    sens will beat us on Saturday.

23. #23 habsalltheway says:
    February 5, 2008 at 11:07 pm

The only thing that worries me now is after the laffs S%&T KICKING TO NIGHT THEY WILL PROBLY BE LOOKING FOR BLOOD NEXT GAME… THURS AGAINST HABS… WE BETTER BE READY FOR A TEAM THAT WILL BE PISSED……..

24. THAT WAS 2 BLOODY CLOSE,lol.Good thing Heatly and Alfie weren’t playing!Nice last second save Huey.

25. #25 habsalltheway says:
    February 5, 2008 at 11:13 pm

if they are back sat. look out i smell a butt kicking coming on

26. Laffs lost 8-0! I mean that’s unreal even for the leafs!

27. 11 STUO11
    Posted on February 5th, 2008 at 9:04 pm. About ‘Win’.

Does any one know a site that broadcasts hab games?
    P2P.eu
    Got it from habman

28. #28 habman says:
    February 5, 2008 at 11:38 pm

C’mon guyz that was funny…lol

29. #29 habman says:
    February 5, 2008 at 11:40 pm

I left you an apology on the last blog “habfreaK’,,if you care to read it..peace be with us all!

30. #30 Ice Man says:
    February 5, 2008 at 11:47 pm

Brisbrois did not cost us anything.

Bullion (however you spell it) cost us 2 goals. The first goal And the Third goal.

February 5, 2008 at 11:53 pm

1 point .

32. this is no longer Koivu’s team! Kovalev should be the captain because he is the leader . If it weren’t for him, we wouldn’t be where we are near the top of the standings. Koivu has now become a liability on this team, taking 1 bad penalty after another in 3rd periods. You know he wants out. just look at his body language and unhappy face. In the offseason, he should be traded. his time is done, along with Smolinski, Brisebois,Begin, Bouillon(who was brutal tonight), and Huet. I honestly think Koivu is jealous of Kovalev.

33. What indicates to you that Koivu is jealous of Kovalev? I agree he is not in top form and I wouldn’t be heartbroken to see him traded, but I’m assuming that you wouldn’t personally insult him without a reliable source?

February 6, 2008 at 12:44 am

I dont think he is jealous , but I do agree his time has come and that it is now we need to be fireing on all cylinders before we hit the playoffs, we need to find a new home for Ryder, Koivu … now

February 6, 2008 at 1:01 am

Oh and in passing Bobby Clack’s bastard child can play on my team any day of the week … anyday

36. #36 Brock says:
    February 6, 2008 at 1:10 am

Carbonneau should realize why Kovy-Pleks-Kostitsyn are playing well together.

This is what happens when you keep players playing on the same line.
    Its called trust and getting used to playing with one another.

Did you see the passes tonight? Tic-Tac-Toe.

The main problem is Carbonneau gets so impatient he keeps juggling the other lines.

As a player I would get frustrated because you never know who you are playing with the next shift.

I was at the rangers game on sunday and one shift I saw kostoupolous playing on the line with koivu and higgens. wtf?

37. #37 BarrieHabFan says:
    February 6, 2008 at 1:29 am

As good as the habs are playing right now, they won’t go anywhere in the playoffs with Koivu’s line playing the way it is. Absolutely invisible compared to the other three lines, except when Koivu took that absolutely ridiculous, lazy, idiotic penalty in the third. Very lucky that didn’t cost them the game.

38. #38 BarrieHabFan says:
    February 6, 2008 at 1:30 am

I don’t know if the answer is to trade Koivu, or to move Ryder and get someone much better to play on his wing.
    Personally I’d like to see both go, but I doubt a large roster change is in the cards.

39. #39 bossdj420 says:
    February 6, 2008 at 5:41 am

Yeeeaaahhh!! What a win! And what a way to win it! I was covering my eyes in the last couple minutes, peeking thru my fingers. I saw the Sens 3rd goal coming as soon as that PP started. But they held on for a big win in regulation and now 1 point away from first… FIRST people! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

Price will most likely start Thursday cause we all know Huet can’t beat the Leafs(for some odd reason). Plus, Cris needs a break.

And as for Ryder, it looks like he’ll be traded this week. He packed up his equipment and left the Bell Centre on Sunday and I don’t even think he was at the game last night. Where will he go and who’ll we get? Calgary for Tanguay? Atlanta for Hossa? http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/mtl080204.html

Either way, we’re going to lose more than Ryder if Gainey’s after either of those players. Halak, Dandenault & Bouillon could potentially go as well. We’ll see what happens… Personally, I like Ryder and hope he stays on a Canadian team at the very least(just not the leafs).

40. Well all I gotta say about moving players, I’m sorry to say, I’ve got respect for him and all that he did for our city, but Koivu as got to go, he’s obviously not happy anymore in Montreal and keep not that he’s one of the most penalyzed player of the team.

On the other hand we know that Ryder wants to go, if he as no value at least get a draft pick for him cause he’s not giving much when he’s on the ice anyways.

We need to keep Bouillon, hitting fighting, rarely makes mistakes.

And on the last note… Franky Jay… Amazing scout, that can do great for the hans future.

Go Habs Go

41. #41 habsofthefuture says:
    February 6, 2008 at 9:48 am

Koivu was benched after his stupid penalty last night i think the coach is starting lose his patience with Koivu and its about time beacause even though I like Koivu hes been doin this BS all year.I dont know whats wrong with him but i seen it coming since his negative comments B4 the season.

Besides that this game had me bitting my finger nails in the 3rd period,i hate it when they get comfortable with the lead.

The Kovalev line looks auesome and can i say give me a hell yeah for streit were did he come from lol.

42. The problem with most die-hard habs fans is that they can’t see further than their own noses.

I’ve been screaming for Koivu’s dismissal from Montreal for the past 3-4 years now. He is not, nor has he ever been a true leader. Face it, he’s a second-line centreman at best. To prove my point, the games I’ve been to in Montreal the past 2-3 years, I make it a point to heckle Koivu every single time he touches the puck. It comes to a point where I’m sometimes scared for my own safety as I see all my fellow habs fans staring at me, probably wishing they could take me outside to the parking lot that very instant. I even had an empty coke container thrown at me during one of the games.

People in Montreal love Koivu, but it’s not for the right reasons. Yes, he’s been resilient, come back from cancer, a botched eye. Nobody will argue that he has a lot of heart, but he’s not a leader and not what Montreal needs. Montreal will NEVER, and I repeat, NEVER win (the cup) with Koivu on this team. What Montreal needs is a true first-line centre who is also a leader. Slap the C on him, because it’s been a long time that Koivu has lost the privilege of wearing it (IMO).

The other plays have lost faith in their captain (just look at how irresponsible he has been on the ice lately). I believe part of the reason Ryder and Higgins have been so sketchy this year isn’t because they aren’t good players, it’s simply because Koivu has been stinking up the joint.

43. I don’t really agree with some guys about trading Koivu,Ryder Dandenault,Boullion etc. because If we trade all those guys away and and get new guys, those guys won’t know Montreal that well.It’s good for a team to stay together. I would like to just see Ryder go to the West and get a winger but nothing more than that. Koivu is just having a bad season, but he could spark it up come playoff time.

44. #44 Stanley says:
    February 6, 2008 at 11:37 am

Koivu is a playoff performer. He does have a habit of taking bad penalties and did so last night. Koivu and Higgins work well together and they are just having a mid season slump. Carbonneau should keep Sergei Kostitsyn on the line as they play well together. Also, Andrei Kostitsyn seems to make everyone he plays with better. double shift Andrei and play him with Lapierre and Latendresse.

45. #45 Ice Man says:
    February 6, 2008 at 11:41 am

Tell me this all you self-proclaimed Hockey Experts:

Why is Higgins & Koivu in a slump but Ryder a three year 25, 30 & 30 goal scorer should be thrown under a bus?

46. because hes on pace for an embarrasing 20-28 pts. Koivu and Higgins will end up with 60. And I’m not saying get rid of Ryder I’m just saying that If anyone does He’ll be the one.

47. #47 Donnie says:
    February 6, 2008 at 11:59 am

Whatta night….woohoo……Habs beat the Sens to pull within 1 point, and the Leafs get beat up 8-0 by a Florida team with troubles scoring goals, hehe….welcome back Fletcher, you can start saving this team any time now, lol.

Well folks, we did it, BIG win last night, only a matter of time, I think, til we got first place…weather we hold it or not remains to be seen….but for now, we’re playing great hockey.

Only thing that concerns me at all is our 3rd periods. This has been our Achilles heel this year….weather it’s conditioning, getting too lax, lack of concentration to finish a game we’re winning, or coaching…this element of the game has to improve. At least 10 games this year have been lost in the 3rd period….our guys stop skating, and Huet looks very average…but I got all the confidence in the world that Guy and his crew will fix this as the season winds down.

Start looking at tapes Guy, as to why we seem to breakdown in the 3rd. This is a team with Heatley and Alfie in the lineup, and they almost came back from 3 down. If Guy analyzes this, I’m sure he’ll find the cause. Start here….how about keeping your best players on the ice. Kovy and his boys are by far your best players….arguably one of the best and most exciting lines in hockey right now. They make things happen every shift, work for the puck when it’s not theirs, and are playing well defensively as well. So why are these guys given limited ice time in the 3rd to make way for Begin and Smolinski? Not understanding that totally…when a lione is effective and we have 4 goals, don’t put your foot on the brake…keep it on the gas. Think of other teams final minute or so, who’s out there…Lecavalier, Morrow, Getlaf, Alfie…why do ya think these guys get empty net goals in their totals…we got Smo and Begin out there, and 3 goals lead are being squandered or almost lost because of it. Was a big win last night, but Ott made it too close when there was really no need for it.

Not a big thing though….there could be way bigger problems, and this one is easily fixed, I’m sure Guy will fix it. So lets look forward to the dirty Leafs on Thurs night….lets bury this joke of a squad…don’t let em do what they did to Ott the other night. Keep on rolling, playing your game…Kovy and the posse are playing at the very height of this league. But Koivu, Higgins…with or without Ryder, we’re gonna need you come playoff time…shake the cobwebs away, and bear down, cuz if anything was to happen to 1 member of Kovy’s line…we’re in trouble. GO HABS GO !!!

48. #48 Jaker1 says:
    February 6, 2008 at 12:13 pm

Liking everything I am seeing but I think a faceoff specialist should be a priority (Yanick Pearrault). Koivu lost a key faceoff fairly cleanly in the last minute of the game. I would not sell the future for a guy like Marian Hossa. We may have a shot at him in the summer for nothing but cash and besides if anyone watched the Atlanta highlights last night, Hossa was floating around doing nothing while Philadelphia was scoring.

49. I think that Yannic Perrault would be a great asset for the habs. Then we’ll have 3 good face off men. Koivu, Smolinski and Perrault.

50. #50 Ice Man says:
    February 6, 2008 at 2:55 pm

We got rid of him once. It was for a reason right. We don’t need has beens. We have enough of them already.