Free Agent Frenzy?

1. I agree, and I’m still sticking with Snheider.He may be old but he’s a good Ofensive D-Man and he was there for the 93 cup. He may be expensive ,but his contract ends this year!

2. #2 jack hab says:
    August 3, 2008 at 6:56 pm

Hey Don – glad to hear that you’re enjoying your summer! I promised myself that I wouldn’t
    get caught up with hockey hoopla this year, but still find myself logging on about 4 -5 times
    a week. Man, I need a vacation.

Sundin must die! (LOL)

3. #3 hab faithful says:
    August 6, 2008 at 5:45 pm

Don’t be surprised if we end up getting Robert Lang. It’s a rumour started by Bob MacKenzie, at TSN. I doubt Sundin will play again, so it’s our plan B, possibly?

4. #4 jack hab says:
    August 6, 2008 at 8:24 pm

Habs signed D Chad Anderson to a one year 2 – way contract. I don’t know much about him
    other than the fact he’s 26, 6’4″ and 217 lbs.

Do any of my fellow desktop GM’S know anything about this player?

5. #5 Gimmeshelter27 says:
    August 7, 2008 at 8:55 am

Anderson will round out the third defensive pairing…in Hamilton

6. #6 rcbhotrod says:
    August 7, 2008 at 9:45 am

Anderson wow the new escape goat for carbo not a frech since ryder is gone w2g guys

7. #7 patrick says:
    August 7, 2008 at 3:37 pm

Okay importnat group question:

what will Carey Price’s rating be on NHL 2K9?

I’m predicting an 85

8. #8 Aurel1 says:
    August 7, 2008 at 4:00 pm

Chad Anderson may be a late developer. He is 26 years old and has played only one year of professional hockey with the Phantoms last year in the AHL. He joined the Phantoms immediately after completing a 4 year career in US college hockey in Anchorage. Good size and considering how defensemen don’t develop until later and how much he cost Mtl to acquire it certainly could be a good deal especially if he turns out to be a bit off a sleeper.

9. #9 habknot says:
    August 7, 2008 at 6:33 pm

I like Lang, but only if we don’t have to give up too much to get him. He would fit in well, and as he is not clearly above Saku, might inspire more responsible defensive play from the Captain. We can afford his salary and still have wriggle room. Question: what [serious] offer can Bob make? Chicago needs the cap space, but some teams [LA, Pho, Atl] actually NEED salary.

Anderson seems to fit Gainey’s D-man mould. with development he could step in by year’s end. I tend to like US college D.

10. #10 naslund19 says:
    August 7, 2008 at 7:46 pm

# 607 patrick
    Posted on August 7th, 2008 at 3:37 pm. About ‘Free Agent Frenzy?’.

Okay importnat group question:

what will Carey Price’s rating be on NHL 2K9?

I’m predicting an 85

2K sports sucks. It’s all about nhl 09.

Anyway… i think 85 is a decent number.

11. what will they put for Kovalev? NHL 08 put him 82!!! NHL 09 will probably give him at least 88

12. L.A Needs Salary? we should trade Boullion and Dandenault to them for Patrick O’Sulli. we could also hand in a draft pick. Even if Sundin goes to toronto, I don’t give a shit I want him to choose already! lol

13. #13 Donnie says:
    August 9, 2008 at 9:26 pm

Forget about Afinogenov please. We have enough puny Europeans, who are good for 50 points or so in the regular season and then are scared to death in the playoffs. Theres no asset in signing this underachiever. Any way you wanna slice it guys, as many ways as you wanna put it, and as long as you wanna talk about it…..WE NEED A GOOD FIRST LINE CENTER…PERIOD !!! Haven’t had one now for 15 years or so, and oddly enough, haven’t seen the finals for that long also. If not Sundin, then move on Bob, get one before they’re all gone for yet another season. It’s a key component for any cup winner, and it’s no coincidence we haven’t seen much playoff hockey from our Habs in recent years. They’re hard to come by, and you gotta spend to get one..but we need it. Forst in the conference was nice, but how many more like me feel like they have an itch that they just can’t scratch after last years playoffs? Loosen up the purse strings and get a guy in here who can have an impact…lets see some vintage Hab playoff hockey again. GO HABS GO !!!

14. We wuld all like Sundin, or Lecavelier, It’s just sooo hard to get them. Ribeiro was our shot and Bob traded him for Niinima!!! I love Bob Giney for getting us to the playoffs, but hy did he make that move. but I do agree with u though, I don’t want Afinogenov, I was just bringing it up.

15. #15 Senet 1 says:
    August 10, 2008 at 2:10 pm

Donnie, I agree with you, I have been saying the same thing now for six months, I am not sure what is out there now without trading for it. And I am Sorry Stuo11 I disagree about Ribeiro, I do not think we made a very good trade because Niinima just did not perform and Ribeiro has for Dallas, but he was a problem in Montreal and had to be traded. Too bad though that the trade did not work out better for us. I still think and I have said this many times. We need a first line centre and a quality defenceman that can play in the top four. We need another Hamrik type defenceman. Schneider may help our powerplay, but I think we should be able to find a quarter back for the PP within our current roster, I would rather see us strengthen out defence to help Price in his development. Young Goalies can get discouraged quickly if they have no support from their defence, because they tend to blame themselves for everything that goes wrong. I would give up 10-20 less goals per year if we could lower our goals against by the same 20 or so goals. I think we would win more games.

16. #16 jack tornton says:
    August 10, 2008 at 4:05 pm

I haven’t messaged in a century in this website, but have kept up with the discussions. I just don’t see Sundin fitting the habs roster, and even if he does, he certainly does;t have the little spark he had left in him to try helping the team. The guy ahs so much potential but looks like a mummy on the ice. Of course he can be a superstar some nights, but most of the times, the man is dead and tired on the ice. If he still tried last eyar, it was because he liked Toronto, and let’s not expect much from him even if he signs with Montreal. I rather no win the cup on our centennial year, then ruin the future we’ve been building for so long.

C’mon guys, look at Tampa. They’ve won the cup too. Look at them after they won it. They did improve this year, but they had to finish dead last, and had very bad seasons after they won that cup. Let’s not think only abouyt today. Tomorrow is comin’ too! Lt’s win a couple fo more cups before we can’t afford them anymore if North America (joke, joke)

ps: I really hate the khl

17. Theres not too many Centres in the Free Agency. It’s just Sundin. If we get him, great! but If we don’t, were screwed. If Koivu can get around 75 pts this year like he did in 07, I’ll be a little happy, but still, not enough. a trade rumour:

From Eklund:Edmonton and Montreal swaping major kids.
    Sergei Kostitsyn for Andrew Cogliano
    Andrei Kostitsyn Sam Ganger

18. Eklund didn’t anounce the players, I’m just wondering if it’s these guys, I don’t follow Eklund, but I thought u guys might want to know this.

19. #19 Senet 1 says:
    August 10, 2008 at 10:48 pm

615 jack tornton good to have you participate. I am not sure that understand your point of signing Sundin ruining our youth movement. He will not be taking any of the youths positions as I see it anyway. If anything he may take Koivu’s spot. Secondly, he played very well for Toronto last year and I am convinced that he will play hard for whoever he signs with he he plays. One thing I think we should considering is that he will not get as much icetime with the habs since we do have a little more talent than the leafs. I see him playing 20-24 minutes max. So I do not see him being as tired with the Habs as he was with the leafs.

20. #20 jack hab says:
    August 11, 2008 at 12:33 am

Eklund is a self-proclaimed rich fiction writer. Yes indeed, especially when hockey is concerned.
    What this guy really does is sell ad space on his website – I don’t believe anyone that has to hide
    behind an alias. (Of course, my fellow desktop GM’S are excluded.)
    Oh yeah, he does this because he can’t let the hockey public know about him or
    his supposed best sellers, or his supposed hockey insiders. BULL FUCKIN SHIT!!! I’m so tired of
    this idiot.

All his crap…STAY TUNED….I’M WORKING THE PHONES….MORE TO COME THIS AFTERNOON.
    FUCK OFF EKLUND. YOU are a joke and a sham.

Yeah the habs are getting rid of the Kostitsyns and Edmonton is getting rid of Cogliano.
    Tell some more stories jerk.

Oh by the way….Burt the dog makes all his predictions…He’s the only source, or friend this
    jerk really has.

More to come… Stay tuned… Podcast at 7.

August 11, 2008 at 7:09 am

Sundin averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game with the leafs last season.

22. If he signs with the habs I predict 64 PTS. but possibly our best player in the playoffs.

23. #23 alias says:
    August 11, 2008 at 11:42 am

stuo11….if eklund said it, it won’t happen. Most of his predictions he pulls out his ass. I don’t think Gainey will trade either Kostitsyn brother. Basically getting an even trade in both those scenarios, but you’re breraking up the brothers. I know they don’t play together but if I was a young guy playing in a foreign country I’d want my brother on my team. If they were vets different story, but loads of potential from those two, and already good chemistry with other teammates, why mess with that?

24. I know, I don’t follow Eklund, because when I did, I didn’t see any nice predictions. I like Montreal the way it is. Just add Sundin and It’s cup finals, without Sundin, It will be a Rollercoaster ride but can still pull it off.

25. #25 Senet 1 says:
    August 11, 2008 at 9:32 pm

620 PACTUM SERVA you are right he only got 20 minutes a game for some reason I thought I read that he had more time than that. Anyway 20 minutes to me is the breakeven point for him. If he gets less than 20 then he may not be as affective, lets face it your first line has to be on the ice for at least one third of the game. I do predict that as long as he is in shape when he come to training camp then he will get 30 goals and 40+ assists this year. If he plays with the Habs he is playing with more offensive players so his output should be better than his average Leaf years. But he has to come to camp in shape, so what has he been doing all summer? That is what concerns me when he has not made up his mind yet!

26. #26 habknot says:
    August 12, 2008 at 10:17 am

Hey guys. Do you think Sundin is trying to pull a Selanne, Niedermayer thing whereby he sits out half the season ‘to get into game shape’, and then comes back for a cup run?

Senet1′s comments about what kind of shape he’ll be in just sort of clicked. That way we could pay what Van is offering [5M for 1/2 year] and he is fresh for the playoffs. Whjat I don’t like about this idea is the effect on team chemistry, especially as he would break up the second line [not Kovalev, Plekanek and A.Kots]

This is as bad as Eklund, but there are precedents.

27. I bet you that Tampa Bay would do this trade: Plekanec,Hamrlik and a 1st rounder for Lecavelier, but maybe not.

28. #28 Senet 1 says:
    August 12, 2008 at 8:30 pm

626 STUO11 That trade is not so unrealistic, but I think it is a year away. I say that because I think Stamkos will need a year to get his feet wet before he takes over the reins in Tampa Bay. I do not think there is room for two #1 centres there but Stamkos in his rookie year is just going to be in a learning mode. It may be doable come trade deadline if Tampa is struggling but I think they have improved enough that they will make the playoffs?

29. #29 Bum 2.0 says:
    August 12, 2008 at 9:28 pm

Meh. Boston kicks ass

30. #30 Senet 1 says:
    August 12, 2008 at 10:39 pm

The only ass Boston is going to kick is their own.

August 13, 2008 at 7:06 am

I had a girl once tell me to kiss her where it stinks so i took her to boston.

32. #32 Bum 2.0 says:
    August 13, 2008 at 10:35 am

Guys I was kidding. But Sens rule, habs come second

33. guys, that was my idiotic friend, he cheers for the sens but likes the habs also. He was just kidding. but hey Josh, Sens are making it to the playoffs BITCH!

34. and about that trade, that would give Tampa a good defencemen, they can’t win the cup without good D and montreal can’t win the cup without a Big Centermen. Would u guys take Marleau over Koivu straight up?

35. #35 patrick says:
    August 13, 2008 at 4:25 pm

No I wouldn’t take Marleau over Koivu, not a chance, and I seriously doubt that Tampa Bay would not get a better offer from someone for Lecavalier, and besides didn’t he just extend his contract this summe rot keep him there for the rest of his career. If anyone has a no-trade clause its gonna be him.

36. I wouldn’t take Marleua either, I just remember someone saying they would. Koivu is a great captain and Marleau was just horrible last season! I know Lecavelier isn’t coming here, but I think that Offer would be really hard for Tampa to reject. I mean even If we had to, we could just add David Fischer.

37. I don’t follow Eklund because he’s an idiot, but…. If Montreal is a possible destination for McCabe, I don’t want his 7 Mill!!!!

38. #38 Senet 1 says:
    August 13, 2008 at 8:25 pm

634 patrick: I understand what you are saying about Vinny but it was not that long ago he wanted out of there because he could not get along with the coach. If Tampa struggles then he may want out again. I think they have improved too much though to not make the playoffs next year. However, if things go south Vinny may be willing to come north. As I said earlier, right now he is the #1 cheese but if Stamkos’ star begins to shine to the point that Vinny becomes #2 on the attention list then don’t be so sure that he might change his mind and want out. I always believe in one principle never say never because never is a long time and anything can happen.

39. #39 alias says:
    August 15, 2008 at 11:07 am

Yannick Weber signed for 3 years. Man, the Habs have a fantastic D-corps waiting in the wings. Add Price & Halak to that mix and we will have a very good defensive team for years, and we all know defense wins championships!

40. How good is Yannick Weber? Will he make the team this year?

41. #42 alias says:
    August 16, 2008 at 11:59 am

In the OHL finals there was P.K. Subban (19 yrs old) for the Belleville Bulls and Yannick Weber (20 yrs old) for the Kitchener Rangers. Kitchener won in 7, Subban had 28 pts(47 in the reg. season), Weber had 17 (55 pts in the reg. season), but Kitchener has a better set of forwards; 5 of the top 6 playoff scorers were from Kitchener including PHO 1st round pick Boedker who is probably NHL ready. Both defensemen play a similar game, very offensive, with a blistering shot, but Subban is more responsible defensively and plays a more physical game. If it weren’t for a few good prospects ahead of him Weber would probably step up to Montreal for a few games this year and a larger role next year. Guess we’ll see how it goes.

42. #43 Donnie says:
    August 16, 2008 at 12:33 pm

Hey guys….quick question…..anyone at all worried about Ryder pulling a Leclair on us? The senario is so similar it’s spooky. Neither got alot of ice time in their last seasons in Montreal. Neither played with a really good set-up artist until they were traded. Both have/had the capability to score. LeClair turned into a 50 goal scorer while playing first line and PP in Philly…and he buried the Habs every time he played us. Ryder will get more ice time for sure in Boston, plus PP time, and at some point you gotta think will be playing with Savard (one of the top assist guys in the league).
    Depending on how bad he wants to redeem his goal scoring touch and how bad he wants to “stick it” to Montreal, could this actually be a move that haunts us?
    8 games head to head against a guy with a possible chip on his shoulder? Don’t discount this possibility…it’s gonna be interesting to see what unfolds against the B’s this season.
    P.S. Get us a center Bob…GO HABS GO !!!

43. #44 alias says:
    August 16, 2008 at 1:41 pm

plus ryder likes playing under claude julien….yes i predict a 40 goal season for ryder, he will be their top RW playing with Savard all year. Savards numbers will improve from last year as well now that Bergeron is back. If Ryder could score 30 goals with Koivu, a 70 point guy, he can easily get 40 with Savard a 95 point guy.

44. #45 alias says:
    August 16, 2008 at 1:42 pm

and its not 8 games anymore against division opponents, 6 now with the new schedule, more games vs. west opponents

45. It would be awesome if Montreal beat Detroit, in the regular season game. and thanks for the info on weber. I like P.K Subban more because he looks like a fun guy to have in the dressing room.

46. and if theres anyone here who watches my youtube vids: I’m making a movie called The Montreal Canadiens(1909-2009)100 Years. It’s already 7 Minutes long, and it will be availabe to watch when Sundin makes his mind up. because If Sundin signs I want him or whoever the new comer is to be in the video.

47. #48 Lucky says:
    August 17, 2008 at 7:44 pm

hey stuo11 go check out http://www.thefourthperiod.com, it looks like the sundin drama have come to an end……well almost to an end, and if it`s true your youtube video will be without Sundin….

48. #50 hab faithful says:
    August 17, 2008 at 8:57 pm

looks like Sundin(moron) is going to the NYR. yes, they grab every player available, whether they need him or not, just like the NY yankees.
    It really pisses me off, that they go after every damn player, and they think they’re above the law, and better than any other team. Guess that’s why their owners are in trouble with NHL and close to being barred from the NHL. If Sundin chooses them, I hope he has a major injury and out for the entire year! thumbs down to the NY blue shits!