Team Canada failed to defend their Olympic Gold medal at the 2006 Olympic winter games. They failed to earn any medal after being eliminated by the Russians in the Quarter-Final. What can you say? It’s extremely disappointing and devasting to any Canadian hockey fan. It’s over and done with now, instead of another rehashed 2000 word article on what went wrong I’ll just list some points that were very noticeable.
- Certain players shouldn’t have been playing.
- Certain players sitting at home should have been playing.
- Canada was too old.
- Canada preferred injured veterans to exuberant youth.
- Canada cannot play on the big ice surface.
- Canadian coaching was poor.
- Canada could not score.
- Canadian powerplay was brutal.
- Canadian defense were extremely slow and immobile.
- Canadians took terrible penalties.
- Canadians took terrible penalties often.
- Canadians never attacked anywhere near the slot.
- Canadians avoided the net like the plague.
- Canadians stuck to the boards as if it were life support.
- Canada never shot the puck.
- Canada never hit the net when they did shoot the puck.
- Canada lacked leadership.
- Canadians didn’t want it bad enough.